The core of Reaper's Unbalance

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

upon many fight i ve noticed that the sole reason reaper is currently breaking balance is simply because of one skill the Rise shout

at first it sounded like nothing but then i tried reaper myself and saw why this shout is so game changing the more enemies around you the more minions you get and said minions give reapers 50% damage taken reduction

then all you gotta do as a reaper is spam your weakness and chill skills and you’re unkillable easy as that

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Assume 5 enemies. If 1 or 2 of you are incapable of shredding down all the minions ASAP, there’s a problem with you guys, not the reaper.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Assume 5 enemies. If 1 or 2 of you are incapable of shredding down all the minions ASAP, there’s a problem with you guys, not the reaper.

the problem is the shout spawns minions out of enemy minions or pets or illusions or clones or random creatures anything that isnt allied gives one minions and in a teamfight the minions wont be that easy to kill unless your whole team is aoe nukers

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

I’ve been using Rise all weekend too, and it is very powerful, but I don’t feel that it brings Reaper into the realm of “overpowered”.

The minions have to be attacking for the damage reduction, and the damage reduction doesn’t stack per minion. The minions appear to be stationary (dazed?) for the first second or so they are summoned; they don’t start attacking immediately, and need to catch up to the target before they begin attacking. I’ve noticed that the minions have a hard time sticking to a juking/mobile opponent. They get cleaved pretty easily too, and they are taking 50% of your damage.

It’s a great skill, but Reaper isn’t overpowered because of it when compared with all of the elite specs. I think the problem is that all of the elite specs were brought inline with, for example, D/D cele eles. Having a D/D cele ele on the opposing team wasn’t a gamebreaker, but it’s always an “ahh kittena” moment. Now we have a bunch of “D/D ele level” classes running around, and the base professions are still the base professions. We all know what a pain in the butt it was to fight a pre-nerf d/d ele. The exceptions to this, which I’ve found to compete just fine with the new elite specs are: (1) base mesmer; (2) base engineer; (3) base necro MM; (4) burn guard; (5) base condi ranger. Probably more that I haven’t tried…

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

I played around with “Rise!” for a bit in PvP. It was decent, but not overly powerful. It really only overwhelms professions with NPCs. Otherwise, the minion count in manageable.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I’m playing a PVT Reaper with 100% crit chance and you think a few minions is unbalanced?

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Strategist.6132

Strategist.6132

Reaper currently is one of the strongest classes in PvP I believe. Mainly because they can counter condition damage so well while still being able to do decent damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

I like how all the people denying reaper OPness are also the ones playing it (and probably maining it)
“ive been playing reaper a lot but i dont think its overpowered, i just definitely outplayed everyone else this past weekend”

Its never the class, they just became really good at pvp overnight

in PvP

Posted by: Mnemesis.8257

Mnemesis.8257

I like how all the people denying reaper OPness are also the ones playing it (and probably maining it)
“ive been playing reaper a lot but i dont think its overpowered, i just definitely outplayed everyone else this past weekend”

You… you mean you have never suddenly been struck by incredible player’s insight instantly and enter god mode? Seriously though. It sounds like the shout triggering upon pets/clones was likely an oversight and should probably be looked into. Per player, yes. Per hit? Probably not, as that likely means non living objects might trigger it as well. I cannot confirm something like that, as I have yet to hear/witness it.

in PvP

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

All aoe shouts trigger on clones and pets, it’s clearly intentional. Also, reaper is good, but OP it is not. Big numbers do not translate to best dps, and there sustain is dependent on teammates pumping out boons to them. If anything that type of play should be encouraged and rewarded.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in PvP

Posted by: Mnemesis.8257

Mnemesis.8257

All aoe shouts trigger on clones and pets, it’s clearly intentional. Also, reaper is good, but OP it is not. Big numbers do not translate to best dps, and there sustain is dependent on teammates pumping out boons to them. If anything that type of play should be encouraged and rewarded.

I suppose this poses a new question then. Is it healthy for this particular skill to function in such a manner? Ranger and Mesmer do not have an option in this particular encounter as they are FORCED into using their mechanics in a combative situation, instantly putting them at a disadvantage from the get go. What this means is that Rise is immediately inflated to a tier of reward =/= risk. That is a problem.

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

In this case it’s “I’ve been playing Reaper all weekend and Rise isn’t OP.”

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I suppose this poses a new question then. Is it healthy for this particular skill to function in such a manner? Ranger and Mesmer do not have an option in this particular encounter as they are FORCED into using their mechanics in a combative situation, instantly putting them at a disadvantage from the get go. What this means is that Rise is immediately inflated to a tier of reward =/= risk. That is a problem.

Poor mesmers.

I almost pity them.

Almost.

Kappa

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?