The nature of MMR hell

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

MMR needs to be visible. The fact they hide it is BS.

Yes it does. Just have it a command like /age. You can see your MMR, track it and know for sure if you’re getting buried in MMR hell or not.

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: panda the chop chop.4712

panda the chop chop.4712

IGN: Itspanda

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: godsie.2864

godsie.2864

I have practiced watched videos and improved done all you have suggested since the season started but unfortunately cant carry whole teams and with MMR tanked I cannot show my improvement – and oh yes – it is a team game no matter how good an individual is!

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I have practiced watched videos and improved done all you have suggested since the season started but unfortunately cant carry whole teams and with MMR tanked I cannot show my improvement – and oh yes – it is a team game no matter how good an individual is!

What are you talking about. It’s a one man team game. The other 9 players are fillers that are incapable of the same thing you are advised to do. Get real and good end of the story. 20% = 100% and don’t you forget it. If you always win it is mainly because of your 20% not because of something about the other 80%.

When a metric apply to a team of 5 or less (or is it 6? or 7…) we apparently appropriate that metric individually. It a state of utter pro-ness where you managed to canibalize your team performance and make it your own. Stop trying to find excuses and get gud.

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

godsie.2864

What are you talking about. It’s a one man team game. The other 9 players are fillers that are incapable of the same thing you are advised to do. Get real and good end of the story. 20% = 100% and don’t you forget it. If you always win it is mainly because of your 20% not because of something about the other 80%.

When a metric apply to a team of 5 or less (or is it 6? or 7…) we apparently appropriate that metric individually. It a state of utter pro-ness where you managed to canibalize your team performance and make it your own. Stop trying to find excuses and get gud.

I have no idea what you are trying to say – I will explain it again in simple English – its a team game 5 players vs 5 other players !

“..A one man team game…” LOL !!!

“get gud” – that’s the answer! right problems all solved ! why did I not think of that

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

MMR needs to be visible. The fact they hide it is BS.

Yeah I’d really like to know why they hide it. AFAIK they’ve never explained.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I have no idea what you are trying to say – I will explain it again in simple English – its a team game 5 players vs 5 other players !

“get gud” – that’s the answer! right problems all solved ! why did I not think of that

I think you missed the sarcasm.

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I’ve noticed something rather weird.

The least matches I play every day, the more close matches I get, and the more matches I win.

Down to 2 daily matches, I win all of them, over 5 I never win any.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

godsie.2864

I think you missed the sarcasm.

probably did ! I see now lol well over my head

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: Jack Daniels.5270

Jack Daniels.5270

The least matches I play every day, the more close matches I get, and the more matches I win.

I noticed that too, and also people in chat saying the same. If you switch class also applies, this game is …

(edited by Jack Daniels.5270)

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

This is correct. I’m not sure how the system can measure your performance if your team is completely random each time. Usually never the same person twice. If you play well and others do not, how is that your fault? You can only do so much. You are only 1/5th of the team.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I’ve had enough of the kitten Solo MMR system this season, took a break and came back, but it’s the same thing as 4 weeks ago.

Almost every single game, it’s either I get players with no rotational awareness, ones that die in one shot and or have no idea how to kite with their Characters, even I manage it playing multiple alts.

Now and again I get a game or two, where the other team is as mention above, which makes no logical sense, to go from a lose to a win streak, or just W L W L W L W W, often lopsied either way. Honestly I have to say this Season is a failure, unless you put up with ELO hell, somehow have good MMR, a decent team or get out of ELO hell somehow. Now back to WvW, oh wait..

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

I’m curious, would the ELO system commonly used in major games like Dota 2 suffer similar results? Afaik the ELO system is pretty reliable.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

I noticed that too, and also people in chat saying the same. If you switch class also applies, this game is …

…rigged. It’s kittening rigged. They probably profile your play habits. Then, if they identify you as they kind of person that will sit there for hours losing match after match, they feed you to players that won’t play unless they win. It’s a grand scheme to keep people playing. Everyone goes on like Anet has failed with pvp, but maybe they’re just sadistic marketing geniuses. Paranoid? Nah!

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: Cuchulainn.7421

Cuchulainn.7421

I think, Anet should implement a MVP option or something like this that losing, but skilled people, can pip-up nevertheless.

There is nothing more frustrating if u “feel” (maybe real) u played the match of ur life and still lose cause of other players.

So, they could implement a MVP which reflects the “value” of this player and give him 1-2 pips.

It would solve the problem of 4-5 matches or players goin afk/sabotaging matches because if u play good, u are the MVP and get 1-2 pips anyway.

This would be so motivating.

Anet could reward the best or maybe the two best players with it and progressing would be much faster for these good players.

Just my 2 cents

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

I think, Anet should implement a MVP option or something like this that losing, but skilled people, can pip-up nevertheless.

There is nothing more frustrating if u “feel” (maybe real) u played the match of ur life and still lose cause of other players.

So, they could implement a MVP which reflects the “value” of this player and give him 1-2 pips.

It would solve the problem of 4-5 matches or players goin afk/sabotaging matches because if u play good, u are the MVP and get 1-2 pips anyway.

Anet could reward the best or maybe the two best players with it and progressing would be much faster for these good players.

Just my 2 cents

How would they determine the MvP?

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Cuchulainn.7421

Just my 2 cents

How would they determine the MvP?

This is in Anets/community hands. They should find something. I do not want to make a specific/precise statement here.

Nevertheless, it could be a winning by losing solution if deserved.

sry for bad english.

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

This is a really great analysis. I appreciate all the work you put into this. We recognize the problems that the season 2 matchmaking is causing and are looking into solutions that will provide a good experience and satisfy our goals for the league system.

I’m sure you guys will do something. You’re so good at making balance patches and changes, after all.

One foot out the door, yet again.

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: Fumigene.5076

Fumigene.5076

Just my 2 cents

What if all the players performed similarly ? No pip for anyone ? Or pip for everyone ? Rewarding one if he was just 3.14% more efficient seems quite a bad idea.

All this assuming an accurate and non-exploitable way to evaluate player contribution is found. And one that does not promote in-team competition. Current point system would not work for example.

If it was used, you would (more) often see, at least in teams without an obvious win, more than one people capping a point. Even is the amount of cap/decap point was divided between them, they still would.

Instead of +20 to someone else and +0 for you, that would still be +10 for you and only +10 for that other one who is trying to get that MVP that you obviously deserve more. Besides, why help your team in a 5v5 fight at mid with your support elem build? Just leave them to die in a 4v5 while you go decap far. +20 for you. The rest of your team died without killing anyone, +0 for them. Now that’s an MVP. Most Vicious Player.

Anything that does not promote the whole team playing together until the end is a bad idea, as far as I’m concerned.

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: angior.4216

angior.4216

It is pretty obvious: the system is broken because they tried to mesh division (pip system) and MMR together. You either trust the MMR to find balanced matches (then of course the division system becomes just a grind like in season 1) or you just use the division system without taking in account the MMR at all (most likely this is more skill based). Anet just should not have stacked odds in a division system by putting together the best players vs the bad players, instead they should have just trusted that people would eventually end in the proper division without taking in account at all the individual MMR (that is anyway a fairly inaccurate measure for a team game).
Pro players will always surge to the top no matter what, whereas in the system as it is now silghtly above average players that had some bad luck may actually be stuck in the MMR hell as outlined from the OP. Of course this is from a solo queue perspective.

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: Sismis.5390

Sismis.5390

Wake up for god sake…MMR cannot and will never work with low player base. Guild wars 2 has dropped under 200k users how you expect a program should match people up? Show me one game where Match Making works with low population. People complained about long wait times for matches. They removed some restriction letting people pair up with anything. Now you complain about MMR what a joke if they turn it back on guess what you will wait for a game from 1 to 2 or 6 hours to have a match.

I was feeling a bit screw-loose so I…checked myself in.

(edited by Sismis.5390)

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: angior.4216

angior.4216

Wake up for god sake…MMR cannot and will never work with low player base. Guild wars 2 has dropped under 200k users how you expect a program should match people up? Show me one game where Match Making works with low population. People complained about long wait times for matches. They removed some restriction letting people pair up with anything. Now you complain about MMR what a joke if they turn it back on guess what you will wait for a game from 1 to 2 or 6 hours to have a match.

Harshly put, but I agree completely. Also using MMR purely to stack odds just compounds the problem.

(edited by angior.4216)

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

Just my 2 cents

What if all the players performed similarly ? No pip for anyone ? Or pip for everyone ? Rewarding one if he was just 3.14% more efficient seems quite a bad idea.

All this assuming an accurate and non-exploitable way to evaluate player contribution is found. And one that does not promote in-team competition. Current point system would not work for example.

If it was used, you would (more) often see, at least in teams without an obvious win, more than one people capping a point. Even is the amount of cap/decap point was divided between them, they still would.

Instead of +20 to someone else and +0 for you, that would still be +10 for you and only +10 for that other one who is trying to get that MVP that you obviously deserve more. Besides, why help your team in a 5v5 fight at mid with your support elem build? Just leave them to die in a 4v5 while you go decap far. +20 for you. The rest of your team died without killing anyone, +0 for them. Now that’s an MVP. Most Vicious Player.

Anything that does not promote the whole team playing together until the end is a bad idea, as far as I’m concerned.

That was my point.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

in mmr hell currentlly. now i have option to just continue playing till i lose all my pips or just give up now and maintain this little self respect and sanity i have left. screenshoot is 2 days ago and now. you win pvp. i give up.

Attachments:

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

This is awesome. I can confirm I have been in the top 3.3% happyfanboi percentile and the bottom 4.5% MMR snowball hell percentile. I’ve litterally has games of +10 win streaks and +10 game loss streaks. Your analysis is awesome!

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Yeah, same. 5+ wins, 5+ losses, 1 game in 20 interesting. I gave up and rolled a max damage troll build for fun. GG ANet. You win… You know you are in trouble when the second you get into match your teammates are commiserating and yelling obscenities into chat… Before the match starts. LoL. Play with a team or GTFO.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

in mmr hell currentlly. now i have option to just continue playing till i lose all my pips or just give up now and maintain this little self respect and sanity i have left. screenshoot is 2 days ago and now. you win pvp. i give up.

I been that way on T3 Diamond for over a week. I’m not the most MLG player but it really feels like I’m pitted against teams I’m not expected to win and they were just the only combination they wanted to give me at the time as opponents. Like I’m on a team with people at or below my skill rank against people higher that were scaled down.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Cuchulainn.7421

Just my 2 cents

This is definately right. The current points-system is too inefficient to reflect the value of a player, i think.

I don´t know which system could work, just throwing some ideas around.

Maybe we need to upgrade team-specific things. For example rezzing downed players (reward this) or/and stomping downed opponents (reward this) because these are crucial and important things and so on…

Anet should avoid to reward selfish / anti-team actions. Unfortunately i don´t know how they could implement this.

Ideas?

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Oxidia.8103

Yeah, same. 5+ wins, 5+ losses, 1 game in 20 interesting. I gave up and rolled a max damage troll build for fun. GG ANet. You win… You know you are in trouble when the second you get into match your teammates are commiserating and yelling obscenities into chat… Before the match starts. LoL. Play with a team or GTFO.

same. but my loss ratio is allways by 1 bigger then wins now. Bleeding the pips slowly but steadily over the last 3 days. The thing is my previous random people i have been matched up with and myself were doing something right if i made it to t5, but now i seem to be matched with people who lack common sense or they just…idunno. Win 1 lose 1 win 1 lose 2 win 2 lose 3…… If we have a mesmer, we lose, it they have a mesmer they win, if we have a thief we lose, it they have it they win…..
I give up i got so worked up that i felt dizzy when i went to sleep and slammed my fist to my keybord 2 days ago so i had to replace it. i have never done that even when i play LOL. I’s time to stop for me. Good luck everyone else i’m out. No wings, title, and a stupid badge is worth this much frustration.

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: Jack Daniels.5270

Jack Daniels.5270

The MM is biased. Every day I get 4-5 decent games with 50% win/loss chance when i start playing, the more I play i get worst games down to 10% win chance.

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

R O C.6574

The MM is biased. Every day I get 4-5 decent games with 50% win/loss chance when i start playing, the more I play i get worst games down to 10% win chance.

That’s how they hook you. Then once you’re hooked they feed you to the people who won’t play if they lose. It’s marketing.

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: gloflop.3510

gloflop.3510

That’s how they hook you. Then once you’re hooked they feed you to the people who won’t play if they lose. It’s marketing.

I doubt its marketing. I rather believe that the system trys to avoid matching the same players together or against each other. After the first few games, everyone in your range has played with you already. Hence, the system has to reach out wider. If there are less players above you than below, you will get matched with worse players and lose more often.

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

It seems to get worse over time aswell. I might get lucky somewhere along the line and get some good teammates with a decent comp, but it’s not something I want to waste my time on. I should just party up with any random team that I get, that wins and hope for the best tbh.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

R O C.6574

I doubt its marketing. I rather believe that the system trys to avoid matching the same players together or against each other. After the first few games, everyone in your range has played with you already. Hence, the system has to reach out wider. If there are less players above you than below, you will get matched with worse players and lose more often.

If that’s true, my suggestion would be to have a check box at the end of a match allowing you to “re-queue with same team” . Everyone that checks the box will be on the same team in the next match. It’s easier and less involved than forming a party. But the biggest thing is that you wouldn’t be counted as a pre-made.

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Archon.6480

Maybe I am oversimplifying the problem, but why not just decrease the pip range for allies to a smaller pool of around 5 pips, and randomly sort the players you find. Totally ignore MMR. That seems so much more fair than what we have.

When I duo queue with my friends, I have much more enjoyable games (evenly matched) than when I solo it. My friends have the same experience. There is something else going on here that is tilting the matches for soloers.

Jade Quarry – Esparie

(edited by Archon.6480)

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

Maybe I am oversimplifying the problem, but why not just decrease the pip range for allies to a smaller pool of around 5 pips, and randomly sort the players you find. Totally ignore MMR. That seems so much more fair than what we have.

When I duo queue with my friends, I have much more enjoyable games (evenly matched) than when I solo it. My friends have the same experience. There is something else going on here that is tilting the matches for soloers.

When you go with a friend it uses your average MMR I guess….

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Got stuck in MMR hell in ruby around t2/t3. I mean I was on TERRIBLE losing streaks and was told to “git good”.
Played PvE and unranked for a week or so. Accidentally clicked ranked and won so I thought I’d see how I’d do. My skill level has stayed about the same.

Got to diamond in one night with one loss (technically 2 losses, but one was due to someone d/cing or quitting).

MMR hell is real. I’ve been on both sides of the coin as far kitten -6 game losing streaks to a nearly 10 game win streak.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: spectre.5261

spectre.5261

This community is hilariously entitled. Imagine if the LoL or CS:GO community was so coddled that they all believed they deserved top rank. People posting about getting stuck mid-tier Diamond in Guild Wars 2…. Wait, just maybe you’re SUPPOSED to hit a plateau in a league system????

Arenanet has already made it so literally anyone who shows up and plays can get Ruby, and now we have a bunch of whiners complaining that they are being prevented from getting Legendary due to the mysterious phenomenon of “MMR hell”, or rather “Trust me, I’m a good player, Arenanet just puts me with a bunch of bads all the time”. I’ve seen the types of players in Diamond and Ruby and most of them are flat out terrible and should grow up and learn to accept that maybe, just maybe, if they are losing lots of games, and having trouble getting to Legend, that the responsibility resides with them, not with their teammates.

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Cuchulainn.7421

So and why does ANET continuously refuse to make MMR/ELO public if they don´t have to hide something?

They could solve this 3 year mmr problem in seconds.

If we could see our MMR u can clearly say,ok boy, u deserve where u are, git betta.

But if not, then maybe Anet has to changed the whole pvp system. And this would be too much for them.

No visible MMR = no visible player strength.

Because its MMR that counts in the end.

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Oxidia.8103

This community is hilariously entitled. Imagine if the LoL or CS:GO community was so coddled that they all believed they deserved top rank. People posting about getting stuck mid-tier Diamond in Guild Wars 2…. Wait, just maybe you’re SUPPOSED to hit a plateau in a league system????

Arenanet has already made it so literally anyone who shows up and plays can get Ruby, and now we have a bunch of whiners complaining that they are being prevented from getting Legendary due to the mysterious phenomenon of “MMR hell”, or rather “Trust me, I’m a good player, Arenanet just puts me with a bunch of bads all the time”. I’ve seen the types of players in Diamond and Ruby and most of them are flat out terrible and should grow up and learn to accept that maybe, just maybe, if they are losing lots of games, and having trouble getting to Legend, that the responsibility resides with them, not with their teammates.

i get it now you have opened my eyes my god you are right. One can carry 4 other randoms fo sho. lock the thread we have found the solution baddies. l2p.

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

godsie.2864

lol !1 its a no brainer !! ok off to l2p!!

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Archon.6480

…and now we have a bunch of whiners complaining that they are being prevented from getting Legendary due to the mysterious phenomenon of “MMR hell”, or rather “Trust me, I’m a good player, Arenanet just puts me with a bunch of bads all the time”. I’ve seen the types of players in Diamond and Ruby and most of them are flat out terrible…

Well, your analysis of the problem exemplifies what we are talking about. If the league system has placed “terrible” players is Ruby and Diamond, it’s obviously not working right. What do you think the odds are that terrible players are in Legendary as well? If you can’t tell the difference maybe you are terrible too? Besides, most of the legends I play against are average. Nothing special, some are below average.

Jade Quarry – Esparie

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: illuminati.6937

illuminati.6937

hahahah this is where I am at the moment. Was 2pips from legendary, now Im 9pips from legendary. Im like lossing 3matches, winning 1 (+2pips fort such win). Im getting worse and worse.

But I still beleive its me, the key factor of loosing my games. If I was good enough to be carried to last tier of Diamond now I have to pay back to other players to carry them. Or Im just bad and cannot be carried any further….

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: Caedrion.6104

Caedrion.6104

6 wins > 1 loss > 8 wins > 18 loses > 1 win > 26 loses … reached div 3 in 3 days of casual play as Solo Q ,stuck there for 2 weeks now, ending most of my matches either 1st or 2nd ( even on the loosing ones) , Decided to grab the class im most useless with , the thief, and still manage to get the same results… eh ??
Im as calm as i can be wile on pvp as the motto “win some lose some” isnt lost on me , just a healthy young, working man, that harbors no delusions of grandeur as “im top 2% on XYZ” missed R5 last season by 2 pips due to late start so im giving it a fair bet that thats my current ceiling as a pvp player, im going from calm and collected as usual self to getting the urge to post a “suck a pipe with this #$#$ BS Anet” screen punching ape with the things i see on the current matches that not even in unranked seem to happen.

Opposing teams are usually composed of 4x ( insert class here ) GG… and wile theoretically we should win all im getting is trampled to the point of actually doubting that i can even discern that the red named players are the actual enemy.. as most ppl on my teams seem to suffer from that ,and yes i am color blind and i can still make friend from foe how the effing lord cant they.. ?? also ppl that join to show off their legendaries and run around not rly hitting anyone and the usual “ima AFK now because we have a 20 point difference YALL SUCK..” players ofc..

So from actual fun and balanced games since the start of the season , wile ppl actually comunicate and do have a frigging clue of what they are supposed to do, just like a flip of a switch im getting stuck on this crap in order to push ppl that given the fact that they have more skill ,THEREFORE shouldn’t really need help ,IMO, get higher faster and have meaningful matches.. sorry what ? getting a 504-21 match is meaningful in what way exactly ? as i fail miserably to see it .. as it is bring back S1’s system as i prefer getting farmed by R5’s on R1 Q’s and have at least an ounce of respect for how better they played than my team and move on to the next match with a "win some lose some " attitude..

IF im not mistaken last season ended with a Legendary x14 on top, at the moment its on x29.. so im supposed to actually believe this guy got twice as good since last season ended or that matches we cant possibly win are handed to ppl in order to be used as stepping stones for others ? If u think this crap is fair u have issues to deal with..

And tbh the you should be able to carry your team or the git gud kitten of a comment are exactly that.. stupid to say the least, as id like to see a legendary player get out of half the matches iv’e been on were we have 4 players on close looking at the pebbles..

As is, ill keep going till i reach 60 loses as things are im sure it wont take long, plus this crap will end soon, and NO i shouldn’t have to group with anyone to get me out of a ditch that shouldn’t exist in the 1st place fix your kitten or get someone who can. if all else fails bring back S1 system.. at least that!

Strictly because of manners and education..
Kind regards
nFs.

(edited by Caedrion.6104)

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Oxidia.8103

4 players on close looking at the pebbles..

i nearly choked on water while reading this part, i never knew why people did that in matches, never tought of a passionate pebble observer asociation.

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Caedrion.6104

Was going for " comparing sizes.." but pebbles seemed more suiting rly

29 in a row atm..

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Was going for " comparing sizes.." but pebbles seemed more suiting rly

29 in a row atm..

I’ve stopped trying to make sense of other players behavior, it was driving me mad. Now I do my dailies and it’s bye bye pvp.

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Caedrion.6104

So there’s nth to do but to give up something one likes doing and just roll over on a ditch and drop dead ? not going to happen on my case but i can see why ppl do it now.

For a company that stated over and over when ppl complained about sth " That’s not Gw2.. its another MMO, if u like that u should go play it" type of comments, seems like walking off the beaten path and rly standing out is a thing of the past, 1 Dev reply 21 days ago and nth else since… so Blizzard like.

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

godsie.2864

So there’s nth to do but to give up something one likes doing and just roll over on a ditch and drop dead ? not going to happen on my case but i can see why ppl do it now.

For a company that stated over and over when ppl complained about sth " That’s not Gw2.. its another MMO, if u like that u should go play it" type of comments, seems like walking off the beaten path and rly standing out is a thing of the past, 1 Dev reply 21 days ago and nth else since… so Blizzard like.

so agree with this

The nature of MMR hell

in PvP

Posted by: Zohariel.5708

Zohariel.5708

I’ll add this. Ever since I’ve stopped trying to win, and only play apathetically for 3 games to update my daily participator achievement for backpack; I’ve lost a ton more games than I’ve won (which would be expected). My MMR must have tanked I presume, and since then, I’ve pretty much stopped having auramancers, reapers and scrappers in my teams (basically the stronger specs I feel). I guess it’s more unlikely people playing those specs would get stuck in my MMR range.
I’ve mostly stopped giving a F|u|ck about pvp, so I’m not bothered by this; but it is ridiculous for a game who’s devs wish to be considered competitive to have such a re|tar|ded matchmaking system in place.