The patch is a smashing success

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

So now that there is incentive and rewards for PvP now, I have noticed my entire guild which cared less about PvP in General has now decided to run team arenas and it seems everyone is having a great time, especially since they removed most of the champion trains and getting loot is actually viable in PvP. I have made roughly 100 gold since the patch and about 20% complete with the materials needed for a legendary.

If only this came out sooner…

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

How the kitten did you make 100 gold from pvp within 12 days? O.o

I play every day and I might have gotten 20-30. At max.

in PvP

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

How the kitten did you make 100 gold from pvp within 12 days? O.o

I play every day and I might have gotten 20-30. At max.

I’d like to know as well…

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

in PvP

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

If you play a whole lot it’s certainly possible. Otherwise, he probably got a lucky drop from the Spvp loot rewards.

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

I have completed 180 reward track steps so far, so at worst that is 200 hotjoin wins, which is 30 gold in just match rewards, or 36 gold from tpvp, add to that all the mats and rares from opening the boxes with 400 magic find, 30 rares (average 30s), 2 exotics(5g), 4 ascended boxes and quite a few mats, I would say I have made 60-70g. So ima say that he is full of it but it is fairly rewarding.

Say we go with best case, and opened the boxes with 400 magic find like I did then he would still need to do 40-50% more pvp then I did. So the equivalent of 180 tpvp wins in 2 weeks. Seeing as how he has a 53% winrate in tpvp and 49% winrate in soloq I am going to say that there is no way that he made 100g and 20% progress on a legendary in 2 weeks :P

The gift of fortune alone costs 1000 gold kitten , and you need to do 39 reward tracks to get enough clovers, so 9x the steps I did in the last 2 weeks. So it would take 4-5 months of pretty heavy playing to get the clovers for a legendary through pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Just looked at his stats and games from the past two weeks. Lollll just no…. Just no…

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Just looked at his stats and games from the past two weeks. Lollll just no…. Just no…

Yeah im not believing that 100g nonsense either.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: D I V A.6018

D I V A.6018

And the PvP continues in the forum…

in PvP

Lux.7169

Not only that. Since february he has only played 1 team Q game and 0 solo Q’s.

Maybe he got an item worth 100g… LOL

Player Chase.8415 [Hula Hula Man]
Highest rank 881
2014-02-14 (wins)0 (losses)1 (win%) 0% (rank)992

Source? http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/player/Chase8415

[SoF]

in PvP

Zirith.6429

is good practice

in PvP

Chase.8415

Highest rank 881

That simply means I haven’t broke top 1000 since February. THose stats are wrong too, I’ve been in the top 300 before

(edited by Chase.8415)

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

no – its no succes

cause teams now in soloQ 80% only condi engi,mesmer or necro and gameplay sux

same horrible gameplay it was when dhumfire patch

so ANTIfun

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

no – its no succes

so ANTIfun

?

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

no – its no succes

so ANTIfun

?

what “?”

thread is called: The patch is a smashing success

and i say no its not

in PvP

EverythingEnds.4261

I have completed 180 reward track steps so far, so at worst that is 200 hotjoin wins, which is 30 gold in just match rewards, or 36 gold from tpvp, add to that all the mats and rares from opening the boxes with 400 magic find, 30 rares (average 30s), 2 exotics(5g), 4 ascended boxes and quite a few mats, I would say I have made 60-70g. So ima say that he is full of it but it is fairly rewarding.

Say we go with best case, and opened the boxes with 400 magic find like I did then he would still need to do 40-50% more pvp then I did. So the equivalent of 180 tpvp wins in 2 weeks. Seeing as how he has a 53% winrate in tpvp and 49% winrate in soloq I am going to say that there is no way that he made 100g and 20% progress on a legendary in 2 weeks :P

The gift of fortune alone costs 1000 gold kitten , and you need to do 39 reward tracks to get enough clovers, so 9x the steps I did in the last 2 weeks. So it would take 4-5 months of pretty heavy playing to get the clovers for a legendary through pvp.

Not to mention the 400 magic find every pure pvp player ofc has.

This is no criticism on your person, however it is some kind of ironic, that pve players (who usally have more mf) have better dropchances on the chests you get out of PVP, than PvP players.

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

magic find has nothing to do with champ boxes. it only affects the quantity of droped loot from npcs

srsly this is known for months……

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

magic find has nothing to do with champ boxes. it only affects the quantity of droped loot from npcs

srsly this is known for months……

It affects boxes from PvP, as the developers have stated.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

I said “champ boxes”.
it only affects the loot of the first chests you get out of the line not the champ boxes you get from these chests

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in PvP

Zirith.6429

Not to mention the 400 magic find every pure pvp player ofc has.

This is no criticism on your person, however it is some kind of ironic, that pve players (who usally have more mf) have better dropchances on the chests you get out of PVP, than PvP players.

I actually havent pve’d in over a year, I just bought a couple thousand ecto and salvaged it then resold the dust, at the time it only cost a couple copper per ecto after reselling all the dust. I then have a character with every magic find boost I can find, (birthday, laurel, mf booster, banner, guild buff, outmanned buff) and only log on to it to open chests.

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

Success? It was a massive failure. It brought very few good players back and the ones that came back are already leaving again. It didn’t really bring anyone into sPvP that actually cares for being competitive. The queues for me are actually longer than they were before the patch which shocks me. The balance is more diverse but it is still pretty bad and the condition spam is out of control in my opinion.

¬_¬

in PvP

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

now spvp is for pve player i’d like to have something as pvp player…

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

The patch has drawn in alot more players so yes it is a big success. Though I wish they would introducing a bracket system to separate good players from the new bad ones coz playing with noobs is very frustrating.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Since you consider spvp to be PvE, why bother anymore? I mean from Anet’s pov there are literal no financial incentive to keep the old guards (veteran PvP as they call themselves) by reverting any of these changes.

Unless you mean balance.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

Since you consider spvp to be PvE, why bother anymore? I mean from Anet’s pov there are literal no financial incentive to keep the old guards (veteran PvP as they call themselves) by reverting any of these changes.

Unless you mean balance.

did u play soloq recently? if it is and u are a pvper, you shoudn’t need other explanation…. difference from hot join prepatch and soloq post patch is 0… what shoud i do when i dont have all team online?

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

It’s going fine so far. The balance is actually pretty solid from what I’ve seen.

Players struggling should consider re-speccing. Bad matchups are probably due to low rating (at least on EU) and players should consider looking at how they’re rotating as well as if their build is limiting them.

Running high dps you can 1v1 with usually gets you matched up with similar players more quickly.

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in PvP

Lux.7169

Highest rank 881

That simply means I haven’t broke top 1000 since February. THose stats are wrong too, I’ve been in the top 300 before

Your stories become increasingly more difficult to believe… For example you posted this a day ago:

I have played over 200 games since patch and have not experienced this bug?

So if I am understanding you, in less than 2 weeks you’ve played over 200 games but lost so many that you couldn’t break the top 1,000 which is ridiculously easy to do. That being said, even if you played 200 matches but lost so many that you couldn’t hit top 1,000 how did you make 100g and 20% of mats?
Losing that many matches, even in tQ, you’d get no where close to the amount you’re claiming.

So please, show me the error of my logic train. I’d like to be magically rich like you.

Oh and I just tested out your theory of it not updating if you’re not top 1,000 by checking people on my friends list in your situation and there’s are updating just fine and for current rank it just lists them as 9,000. So… there’s that too. Let me guess, it’s just broken for you, right?

[SoF]

(edited by Lux.7169)

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

it was a smashing success because anet finally allowed me to wear a quaggan hat and costumes in combat!!!

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: Eve.1580

Eve.1580

it was a smashing success because anet finally allowed me to wear a quaggan hat and costumes in combat!!!

Now we shall all wait for the inevitable day when they add in quaggons as a playable race.

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

is good practice

does forum PvP count towards my reward track? Or does it not count towards progression at all?

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Ive waited SO long for this patch… Especially the rewards and Build dicersity they promised.

Mesmer changes in this patch:

• Added a new trait that was viable. 3 days later nerfed it to the ground and its bow useless like all bew grandmasters.
  • nerfs

So yeah. I would play more, but my favourite profrssion -and the only one that i find fun- is a joke in pvp, and im crippling myself by playing it.

Maybe the next balance patch will be something giod… See you in 2 years.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in PvP

EverythingEnds.4261

is good practice

does forum PvP count towards my reward track? Or does it not count towards progression at all?

Who needs progression? As ANet turned sPvP into PvE, this is the only real PvP left!
Maybe they will actually introduce ingame rewards for forum posts, so that more players join the forum and we don’t have a minority here.

Then we will finally also receive proper balancing like:
“NERF MESMERS!!!! Clones OP!!! Nobody can’t find the real ones!!!!”

in PvP

Posted by: Eve.1580

Eve.1580

is good practice

Who needs progression? As ANet turned sPvP into PvE, this is the only real PvP left!
Maybe they will actually introduce ingame rewards for forum posts, so that more players join the forum and we don’t have a minority here.

Then we will finally also receive proper balancing like:
“NERF MESMERS!!!! Clones OP!!! Nobody can’t find the real ones!!!!”

Clones are op though.. O.o, they’re bugged. Or am I missing a joke here.

in PvP

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

The patch has drawn in alot more players so yes it is a big success. Though I wish they would introducing a bracket system to separate good players from the new bad ones coz playing with noobs is very frustrating.

Yeah because when you match newbie vs pro it will make the game look unbalanced and that is the reason why we have too many whinners in the forum of you match newbie vs newbie it will look like balance and pro vs pro

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Unless you mean balance.

did u play soloq recently? if it is and u are a pvper, you shoudn’t need other explanation…. difference from hot join prepatch and soloq post patch is 0… what shoud i do when i dont have all team online?

for months people like you whine how Arenanet should get rid of 8v8 and now they effectively do that and you are complaining?.

If you want high level PvP form a team and if you can’t form a team don’t go QQing because you got placed in the nosebleed section.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Chase.8415

Highest rank 881

Your stories become increasingly more difficult to believe… For example you posted this a day ago:

So if I am understanding you, in less than 2 weeks you’ve played over 200 games but lost so many that you couldn’t break the top 1,000 which is ridiculously easy to do. That being said, even if you played 200 matches but lost so many that you couldn’t hit top 1,000 how did you make 100g and 20% of mats?
Losing that many matches, even in tQ, you’d get no where close to the amount you’re claiming.

So please, show me the error of my logic train. I’d like to be magically rich like you.

Oh and I just tested out your theory of it not updating if you’re not top 1,000 by checking people on my friends list in your situation and there’s are updating just fine and for current rank it just lists them as 9,000. So… there’s that too. Let me guess, it’s just broken for you, right?

I am not sure why its not including my rank from long ago, but in the situation here I was floating around the top 95% for quite some time. I would win some and lose some. I don’t see myself breaking top 1000 in team arena because I am playing with friends, people who have never PvP’d before.

Also take in consideration there are far more players in the ladder now, so unless you were already in top 1000 to begin with it is increasingly difficult to easily get top 1000; especially when your teammates are scaled off your own rating. You essentially have to carry your teammates until you start to get educated players.

I have made over 100g, if you refuse to believe that someone could get more valuable items then there is no purpose of even replying back to you.

I also did not state that I got all of my materials from PvP, I was roughly 20% complete with the materials because I had materials saved up prior to the patch; I just didn’t care about a legendary until now.

Your attitude in regards to how “easy” it is to break top 1000 is self-centered as reaching top 1000 requires you to be in the top 4% of the game; I could make the same claim against you saying how easy a physics degree is to get because it appears easy to me but that is clearly not the case. In any case though, statistics are fairly accurate. Roughly 94% of the players who do PvP do not reach top 1000, and if getting a physics degree was easy… then it would not result 6 figure jobs as often.

(edited by Chase.8415)

in PvP

Lux.7169

Highest rank 881

I am not sure why its not including my rank from long ago, but in the situation here I was floating around the top 95% for quite some time. I would win some and lose some. I don’t see myself breaking top 1000 in team arena because I am playing with friends, people who have never PvP’d before.

Also take in consideration there are far more players in the ladder now, so unless you were already in top 1000 to begin with it is increasingly difficult to easily get top 1000; especially when your teammates are scaled off your own rating. You essentially have to carry your teammates until you start to get educated players.

I have made over 100g, if you refuse to believe that someone could get more valuable items then there is no purpose of even replying back to you.

I also did not state that I got all of my materials from PvP, I was roughly 20% complete with the materials because I had materials saved up prior to the patch; I just didn’t care about a legendary until now.

Your attitude in regards to how “easy” it is to break top 1000 is self-centered as reaching top 1000 requires you to be in the top 4% of the game; I could make the same claim against you saying how easy a physics degree is to get because it appears easy to me but that is clearly not the case. In any case though, statistics are fairly accurate. Roughly 94% of the players who do PvP do not reach top 1000, and if getting a physics degree was easy… then it would not result 6 figure jobs as often.

So you do admit to lying about playing 200 games post patch, right?

Since, you know, you haven’t played a single tourney game since February.

[SoF]

in PvP

Chase.8415

Highest rank 881

I have played roughly 200 games since patch. I just haven’t broken top 1000 for it to register my rank. Those websites run spiders that pull data from the leaderboard, it can’t tell who played tournaments if they are not in the top 1000.

in PvP

Lux.7169

Highest rank 881

I have played roughly 200 games since patch. I just haven’t broken top 1000 for it to register my rank. Those websites run spiders that pull data from the leaderboard, it can’t tell who played tournaments if they are not in the top 1000.

That’s funny because it works for my friends who are not currently top 1,000.

How about when I get home I add you to my friends list and compare your total games played to what is listed on that website and then I’ll definitely see your 200+ games when I can see your record from the LB friends list function.

I’ll even post a screenshot of your record and apologize for doubting you.

[SoF]

in PvP

Chase.8415

Highest rank 881

That’s funny because it works for my friends who are not currently top 1,000.

How about when I get home I add you to my friends list and compare your total games played to what is listed on that website and then I’ll definitely see your 200+ games when I can see your record from the LB friends list function.

I’ll even post a screenshot of your record and apologize for doubting you.

It lists as 9000 if they are unranked, as you can see from my stats on that website. If that website was accurate… there can’t be more than one person exactly rank 9000….

Here’s the difference right now

Current Wins: 619
Current Losses: 548

Previous Wins: 572 Difference +/- = 47
Previous Loses: 502 Difference +/- = 46

Total Games = 93 [From Team Arena]

Unfortunately, I cannot post my Solo Queue stats. I have actually broke top 1000 in solo queue last night and because of that my stats updated on the website, so there is no way to prove that I played that much.

in PvP

Lux.7169

Except if you were playing these 200 games you claim to it would actually show those games on the website every single day you play EVEN if you’re not in top 1,000.

9,000 isn’t a rank, it’s a place-holder for anyone who has been top 1,000.

So if I understand you correctly you’re saying that that website won’t show your games played if you’re not currently in top 1,000? If that’s your claim ill show you plenty of people not currently in top 1,000 that are still displaying games played won and lost which has been updated every single day despite not currently being top 1k.

My point being it shows you as not playing any. Though there is a glitch where it won’t show your games played if you only played 1 that day. Since you’ve played 200+
Then we should be seeing about ~20 games played per day based on when you made that post.

[SoF]

(edited by Lux.7169)

in PvP

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

Yes this patch was a smashing success. It did something that no other patches could do – make me relog in D3 and purchase Reaper of Souls.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

in PvP

Chase.8415

Except if you were playing these 200 games you claim to it would actually show those games on the website every single day you play EVEN if you’re not in top 1,000.

So if I understand you correctly you’re saying that that website won’t show your games played if you’re not currently in top 1,000? If that’s your claim ill show you plenty of people not currently in top 1,000 that are still displaying games played won and lost which has been updated every single day despite not currently being top 1k.

My point being it shows you as not playing any. Though there is a glitch where it won’t show your games played if you only played 1 that day. Since you’ve played 200+
Then we should be seeing about ~20 games played per day based on when you made that post.

When you add me to your friends list at work, and notice that my Leadboard stats are different simply because I am not in top 1000 what will you say then?

in PvP

Lux.7169

When you add me to your friends list at work, and notice that my Leadboard stats are different simply because I am not in top 1000 what will you say then?

I already said that if by some miraculous glitch you weren’t lying about playing 200 games post patch I’d genuinely apologize. Almost home

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

You know you can post your pvp pie chart with games played to completely settle your “uncounted games” argument and it will speak for itself.

in PvP

Chase.8415

You know you can post your pvp pie chart with games played to completely settle your “uncounted games” argument and it will speak for itself.

Except they would claim its photoshopped, plus I am at work.

Also I have games played before leaderboards even came out, so the numbers would not be accurate. It would state I’ve played 3k+ tournament games.

(edited by Chase.8415)

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Except they would claim its photoshopped, plus I am at work.

Also I have games played before leaderboards even came out, so the numbers would not be accurate. It would state I’ve played 3k+ tournament games.

I’m a photoshop master I’ll tell you if its been photoshopped.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Lux.7169

Just compared your ‘real’ LB stats with the website you say is inaccurate.

Everything is exactly the same, and of course it shows you as having played 0 to 1 games played starting a few days ago.

You did not play 200+ games.

If you want proof that the website updates for players not currently in the top 1,000 I’ll gladly link you several players of whom it keeps track while their not in the top 1,000.

[SoF]

in PvP

Chase.8415

Just compared your ‘real’ LB stats with the website you say is inaccurate.

Everything is exactly the same, and of course it shows you as having played 0 to 1 games played starting a few days ago.

You did not play 200+ games.

If you want proof that the website updates for players not currently in the top 1,000 I’ll gladly link you several players of whom it keeps track while their not in the top 1,000.

I figure you would say this, if anyone wants proof go ahead and add me to friends ^.^

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

So now that there is incentive and rewards for PvP now, I have noticed my entire guild which cared less about PvP in General has now decided to run team arenas and it seems everyone is having a great time, especially since they removed most of the champion trains and getting loot is actually viable in PvP. I have made roughly 100 gold since the patch and about 20% complete with the materials needed for a legendary.

If only this came out sooner…

Unfortunately, those 100g you got from Anet to make this thread don’t count. :\

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

None of this matters. Glad you like the patch, I do too.

Phaatonn, London UK