Cynz.9437

forum bug does what forum bug does

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Thief compared to other classes

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Dont worry thief is balanced around the pro top 1% of players, just look at how well it performed at worlds…lol….

it was exactly like a thief in spvp, useless, getting insta gibbed, couldnt join any fights.

The opponents said themselves in interview after, they didnt really care about him, they just played their off point kill game.

So best thieves getting slaughtered and being useless, is what the balance is supposed to be, no wonder lesser players have trouble playing thieves.

Thief is useless? Wat.
Thief doesn’t work for coordinated high end pvp tournaments, cause it isn’t build for sustain (which every other class has).
Calling them useless? Bs. Thieves are very good in soloq, especially with their decap potential. I’d rather face a team full of dragonhunters, than a good thief. You can kill or outrotate DHs. A good thief will be putting pressure on 2 or even 3 points at once with its mobility, then decap, then finish ppl, stomp… Just because it’s not in meta due to dragonhunter being such a big counter to thief, doesn’t mean it’s useless.

You can’t give a sustain spec type of brawler spec to thieves..they’d broken AF, we had something similar when s/d set was buffed first time..guardians and eles got deleted from PvP for close to one year and necro was close to it. Most soloq matches were 2-3 thieves per team…a nightmare.

Thieves have Stealth and Initiative, not even counting their mobility, you can’t give them the sustain of say..a revenant

agree thieves cant have all fancy stuff .

but mes and engi have stealth as well and current meta engi build has more reliable stealth .thief still has best mobility but rev kinda replaced that role with a mes helping team rotation .

and initiative lol are u trolling ?
that’s just thief’s form of cooldown/rev energy .and lets be honest , apart of shadow bow 5 , headshot and staff 5 ,it has little advantage than normal cooldown. and a clear disadvantage being their weapons share same amount of initiative .

btw superme , ele is in almost every world champion team while u guys kept saying its worst class .its being a healbot and not many like that role, its still in meta for real .and other classes are forced into single build too . so ele players are not that special here.

Single build on thief? you have staff-d/p-s/d-d/d condi where ele is used only d/f full suicide healbot. Did you even see the build in WTS? Full shout build with zero escape.

Nobody but forum folks bother about the meta website as ESL tournament is like 10% of the whole game, there is a reason why people laugh at you when you ask buffs on thieves. We have WvW-PvE where thief is plenty represented and in PvP thief is anything but useless

Pls go on and play that full shout ele build in soloq where there is no esl team to ress/cover for you, that healbot build is as useful as the team is being used for, you won’t carry anything if your team suck balls, you can’t win any duel, you do pitiful dmg….you’re useless if your team made up of scrubs that can’t dodge.

Look here again:

The Thief

Rogues, Assassins (Shadow Dancer) or whatever you call them, the Thiefs specialize in both ranged and melee combat. Some games separate these two specialties to make way for more classes, but know that they all belong to one specific archetype. Thieves used to specialize in daggers only, but are now able to actually wield two swords similar to the Brutes. While the Brutes take damage and hit for double the pain, thieves rely on dodging and evasion due to their incompetence when it comes to vitality. Thieves also have the ability to trigger stealth, making them formidable foes, and just as the name suggests, good robbers

The description perfectly fit GW2 Thief, if you want to trade blows in a small circle…go and change class, go play warrior or dragon hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Dont worry thief is balanced around the pro top 1% of players, just look at how well it performed at worlds…lol….

it was exactly like a thief in spvp, useless, getting insta gibbed, couldnt join any fights.

The opponents said themselves in interview after, they didnt really care about him, they just played their off point kill game.

So best thieves getting slaughtered and being useless, is what the balance is supposed to be, no wonder lesser players have trouble playing thieves.

Thief is useless? Wat.
Thief doesn’t work for coordinated high end pvp tournaments, cause it isn’t build for sustain (which every other class has).
Calling them useless? Bs. Thieves are very good in soloq, especially with their decap potential. I’d rather face a team full of dragonhunters, than a good thief. You can kill or outrotate DHs. A good thief will be putting pressure on 2 or even 3 points at once with its mobility, then decap, then finish ppl, stomp… Just because it’s not in meta due to dragonhunter being such a big counter to thief, doesn’t mean it’s useless.

You can’t give a sustain spec type of brawler spec to thieves..they’d broken AF, we had something similar when s/d set was buffed first time..guardians and eles got deleted from PvP for close to one year and necro was close to it. Most soloq matches were 2-3 thieves per team…a nightmare.

Thieves have Stealth and Initiative, not even counting their mobility, you can’t give them the sustain of say..a revenant

agree thieves cant have all fancy stuff .

but mes and engi have stealth as well and current meta engi build has more reliable stealth .thief still has best mobility but rev kinda replaced that role with a mes helping team rotation .

and initiative lol are u trolling ?
that’s just thief’s form of cooldown/rev energy .and lets be honest , apart of shadow bow 5 , headshot and staff 5 ,it has little advantage than normal cooldown. and a clear disadvantage being their weapons share same amount of initiative .

btw superme , ele is in almost every world champion team while u guys kept saying its worst class .its being a healbot and not many like that role, its still in meta for real .and other classes are forced into single build too . so ele players are not that special here.

Single build on thief? you have staff-d/p-s/d-d/d condi where ele is used only d/f full suicide healbot. Did you even see the build in WTS? Full shout build with zero escape.

Nobody but forum folks bother about the meta website as ESL tournament is like 10% of the whole game, there is a reason why people laugh at you when you ask buffs on thieves. We have WvW-PvE where thief is plenty represented and in PvP thief is anything but useless

Pls go on and play that full shout ele build in soloq where there is no esl team to ress/cover for you, that healbot build is as useful as the team is being used for, you won’t carry anything if your team suck balls, you can’t win any duel, you do pitiful dmg….you’re useless if your team made up of scrubs that can’t dodge.

Look here again:

The Thief

Rogues, Assassins (Shadow Dancer) or whatever you call them, the Thiefs specialize in both ranged and melee combat. Some games separate these two specialties to make way for more classes, but know that they all belong to one specific archetype. Thieves used to specialize in daggers only, but are now able to actually wield two swords similar to the Brutes. While the Brutes take damage and hit for double the pain, thieves rely on dodging and evasion due to their incompetence when it comes to vitality. Thieves also have the ability to trigger stealth, making them formidable foes, and just as the name suggests, good robbers

The description perfectly fit GW2 Thief, if you want to trade blows in a small circle…go and change class, go play warrior or dragon hunter

You know your whole logic is garbage considering pvp in this game is about point fighting? Nobody asks to be able to trade blows on point – people just ask thieves to be actually viable outside of +1/decapping of empty points which really any class can do. It wasn’t issue in first years, thieves were decent in 1v1 fights and then new devs came and decided that thieves should be forced into pet role and it just got worse and worse with years. Now as thief player you need to be 10 times better than your enemy to actually do decent and you get constantly harassed by community because nobody wants thief on their team.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

When even a world tournment is not enough as a proof that thief is in the worst spot regarding gw2 balance. When even the few of the best thieves rerolled to other classes. Well than it’s a lost fight anyway.
People will never admit that thief needs badly help in the current state.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

When even a world tournment is not enough as a proof that thief is in the worst spot regarding gw2 balance. When even the few of the best thieves rerolled to other classes. Well than it’s a lost fight anyway.

The problem is no-one wants to return to a meta where a thief completely dictates how the match goes through excessive mobility. While thief may not be the star of the show it once was in PvP it is unquestionably the highest DPS on medium/small targets in PvE while having easier rotations and OK support to boot. In WvW they are still great in small groups ganking people and running away only really suffering in serve which many other classes suffer from too. This means it’s unlikely to see too much change as it isn’t hurting in all game modes unlike at the launch of HoT where it was not very well represented across the board.

More buffs to thief is not the answer either, a good long look at diversifying it and making it about more than just damage, stealth and mobility is what is needed.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

The problem is no-one wants to return to a meta where a thief completely dictates how the match goes through excessive mobility. While thief may not be the star of the show it once was in PvP it is unquestionably the highest DPS on medium/small targets in PvE while having easier rotations and OK support to boot. In WvW they are still great in small groups ganking people and running away only really suffering in serve which many other classes suffer from too. This means it’s unlikely to see too much change as it isn’t hurting in all game modes unlike at the launch of HoT where it was not very well represented across the board.

More buffs to thief is not the answer either, a good long look at diversifying it and making it about more than just damage, stealth and mobility is what is needed.

Thieves are Op, revs are fine. Ok lol.

All is Vain~

in PvP

apharma.3741

I didn’t say revs are fine, don’t be that guy.

in PvP

Supreme.3164

I think thieves want to go back to this time

Fact is now thieves have daredevil which would make this strategy work against anybody

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

Cynz.9437

The sum up of your message does. Any buffs to thief would be a problem, meanwhile revs are thieves on crack and everyone is fine with it~

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

I think thieves want to go back to this time

The funny thing of you is that heartseeker didn’t change much from the one in that video. A very old video tho. Spamming that skill was and is nowadays only a good tactic vs noobs. Don’t know if you’re one of those who fall to this spamming tactic.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in PvP

Supreme.3164

Since launch if you die to a thief..you’re considered a noob, regardless of what you die from

in PvP

apharma.3741

The sum up of your message does. Any buffs to thief would be a problem, meanwhile revs are thieves on crack and everyone is fine with it~

No, I didn’t mention rev or any other class at all. Don’t make a straw man argument about me being fine with revs or that buffs to thieves is a problem as I said neither of them. I said the answer wasn’t to buff thief but to diversify thief, a big difference.

in PvP

Posted by: Mapisto.2154

Mapisto.2154

It was absurdly easy to win 1 vs many with bunker druid, or guard a point with war. No challenge whatsoever

Huh really? Do you think you can fight any of those 3 classes on a point with an ele? a necro? a rev? a mesmer?

So let me get this straight…. thieves want to :

- Be the fastest ever
- Be the best engager/disengager
- Be able to counter everybody
- Be able to run away from anywhere and anything
- Be able to fight on points, holding them also

Ok got it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2ugIT68LTs

shall we delete the rest of the classes? it would make no sense to keep them in

First, chill.
You did not get it straight because you are exaggerating.
I didn’t ask for any buff in my post that is your interpretation. I asked for balanced challenge vs reward.
There IS a problem and I presented it very clearly – don’t know what the solution should be (if it is buffs or nerfs or rework for all classes like some of you suggested here), the devs probably know better than me.

in PvP

Posted by: Tringsh.2380

Tringsh.2380

It really annoys me when people say ‘high risk high reward’ the fact is it’s high risk low reward, I’m not rewarded for taking a higher skill cap class, it’s just too easy to pop invulnerability or bunker to defeat the class.

As the OP stated you can use another class with less skill and murder thiefs. I have no problem with disengaging but I can literally reset a fight 5 times and still not get some classes below half health. It’s certainly ball ache trying to finish off some classes with the amount of blocks available.

It’s also ridiculously hard fighting on point which people expect from our class…

in PvP

Supreme.3164

It really annoys me when people say ‘high risk high reward’ the fact is it’s high risk low reward, I’m not rewarded for taking a higher skill cap class, it’s just too easy to pop invulnerability or bunker to defeat the class.

As the OP stated you can use another class with less skill and murder thiefs. I have no problem with disengaging but I can literally reset a fight 5 times and still not get some classes below half health. It’s certainly ball ache trying to finish off some classes with the amount of blocks available.

It’s also ridiculously hard fighting on point which people expect from our class…

Some professions have blocks because they can’t reset the fight 5 times and they have invulnerability because otherwise they get roflstomped by a profession that can reset fight 5 times, if in 5 times you can’t get somebody below 50%..the problem is you and definitely not the thief.

If you complain about professions blocking or going invulnerable..then maybe we should reduce the number of their blocks….while giving them Stealth, thief mobility how that sound?

Wtf do you thieves expect?
Engage and leave whenever you feel like while the rest stay there eating dirt with no defenses?

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Some professions have blocks because they can’t reset the fight 5 times and they have invulnerability because otherwise they get roflstomped by a profession that can reset fight 5 times, if in 5 times you can’t get somebody below 50%..the problem is you and definitely not the thief.

If you complain about professions blocking or going invulnerable..then maybe we should reduce the number of their blocks….while giving them Stealth, thief mobility how that sound?

You talk like thieves and other classes are on same level lol

Other classes do have mobility and stealth (e.g. druid) while being more bunkery. I also would like to remind you on revs which are thieves on crack.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Other classes do have mobility and stealth (e.g. druid) while being more bunkery. I also would like to remind you on revs which are thieves on crack.

Uh, no. Druids do not have thf mobility. Revs do though but without the stealth.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Uh, no. Druids do not have thf mobility. Revs do though but without the stealth.

A 15 sec cd 1200 range evade Travel is great mobility don’t act like Druids don’t run staff and camp it…..

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Druids have enough mobility to keep points covered (RTL on 15 sec cd) and their pets (main source of dmg) teleport on top of target. Revs don’t need stealth – they already outperform thieves.

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Tringsh.2380

Tringsh.2380

Wtf do you thieves expect?
Engage and leave whenever you feel like while the rest stay there eating dirt with no defenses?

Take away my mobility and the invulnerability / blocks. I would actually be happy. I never used to have to reset a fight 5 times and could 1v1 with a decent win rate. Now it just feels like cancer.

in PvP

Posted by: Alehin.3746

Alehin.3746

B. Meta buids ruin the game. When I played with the meta classes, I noticed that a majority of my opponents are running the same builds. No diversity, not creative, not surprising – boring.

Completely agree, thats why i dont even touch pvp anymore. Im tired of playing against meta every single match, its not even fun trying to improve and playing something different and people always playing the same kitten. I rather just play something else while they dont fix this issue. lol

hi (sorry for bad english)