Thief trash again, guard op

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

Thief has no chance vs guard now. Period.
Scepter symbol too op
unavoidable spear and pull
gg

Can thief get another +40% autoatack dmg plz?

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in PvP

Posted by: soulknight.9620

soulknight.9620

Is this somekind of a bad joke or something?
Thief shreads almost any class to bits in a few secs JUST by autoattacking.
#noskillneeded

in PvP

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

Hey, but at least enemy Thieves got nerfed also… so that makes the Thief balanced… right? :-P

Besides, Thieves clearly outmatch Guardians by running away. A properly equipped Thief should give the Guardian absolutely no hope of ever catching it… at least until the Thief gets caught in Dragonhunter traps that got left at an empty point earlier. But hey, you can’t win them all!

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

(edited by Kageseigi.2150)

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

#noskillneeded

Sure, if they have no armour equped or if it’s another thief you can get away with quickness aa.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in PvP

soulknight.9620

#noskillneeded

Sure, if they have no armour equped or if it’s another thief you can get away with quickness aa.

Kind sir, may i invite you to a magical journey – playing a few games as a new and updated (balanced) elementalist?

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

#noskillneeded

Kind sir, may i invite you to a magical journey – playing a few games as a new and updated (balanced) elementalist?

What? First you say “almost any class” now it’s just “ele” where last patch if the ele was some hat good it’s a waist of time even trying to kill 1 (alone)

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in PvP

Kageseigi.2150

Ah, I thought that may have been why you were feeling the Thief’s ultimate bursting power! I feel for you, though… honestly. It’s not easy being the squishiest profession in the game. Full glass zerker Thief says hello. I may have the destructive power of the Death Star, but the Warrior just uses the Force and ignores my super laser… then laughs at me :-(

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

#noskillneeded

What? First you say “almost any class” now it’s just “ele” where last patch if the ele was some hat good it’s a waist of time even trying to kill 1 (alone)

His point is that eles are no longer running around with 3k armour with 40% damage reduction on top from protection. Now they use magi which sure adds HP to them but they can’t hurt anything and only have protection to defend them which can get ripped by the thief easily.

Auto attacks will remove something like 3.6-6k depending on how many of them crit, 6k being if all crit and takes 1.68s with no quickness to complete. The ele will die in just under 7s if they do nothing, if they heal up they’re still forced to run or have someone come wasting their cool downs and rendering the team thinking “why did we bring someone who’s having to burn cool downs to look after themselves and gives us nothing?”

Also Kageseigi, ele is factually the squishiest profession in the game in terms of base stats and requires heavy trait investment in order to not be squishy. While thieves are also squishy they also have a lot of damage mitigation to through blinds and removal of target lock via stealth without mentioning the near limitless dodges daredevil brought and complete immunity to all soft CC.

(edited by apharma.3741)

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Only real difference right now is that guards have a lot of alternatives with what weapons they can use, and they don’t need to run traps to burst down a point. They can do it with symbol spam.

in PvP

Kageseigi.2150

Auto attacks will remove something like 3.6-6k depending on how many of them crit, 6k being if all crit and takes 1.68s with no quickness to complete. The ele will die in just under 7s if they do nothing, if they heal up they’re still forced to run or have someone come wasting their cool downs and rendering the team thinking “why did we bring someone who’s having to burn cool downs to look after themselves and gives us nothing?”

Also Kageseigi, ele is factually the squishiest profession in the game in terms of base stats and requires heavy trait investment in order to not be squishy. While thieves are also squishy they also have a lot of damage mitigation to through blinds and removal of target lock via stealth without mentioning the near limitless dodges daredevil brought and complete immunity to all soft CC.

You’ll get no argument from me about what is the squishiest profession at the moment. All I can tell you is that Thieves know exactly how it is to get killed in a few seconds… especially when going up against certain professions. And that goes double for us Thieves who don’t have HoT and go DA/CS/T. Can’t 1v1 fairly, can’t take a point, can’t hold a point. We may have Blinds and Stealth, but we lack any sort of Protection or blocks or Stability, and we have very little condi-removal. At the same time, many other professions have a plethora of passive and/or active defenses that the power Thief simply can’t break through. Running away or hiding are our only options, and that makes a combat-oriented Thief sad :-(

Though I would welcome any Elementalist players to try out a glass Thief build. They may or may not find it more rewarding than the Ele at the moment, but I assure them that it will improve their reflexes for when they switch back, though the Ele may seem quite slow when they do.

in PvP

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

#noskillneeded

Only if the are standing still and don’t have invuln.

in PvP

soulknight.9620

#noskillneeded

Only if the are standing still and don’t have invuln.

Ah, thank you good sir, for reminding me that i have perma invulnerability in my kit, now i will be alright.

in PvP

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

:P I ran around on my warrior naked, and waited for a roaming thief to come at me. At about 50% health, pop invuln and smack him with a hammer. Same thing other people have been doing to my thief, but they wore clothes.

in PvP

soulknight.9620

To Kageseigi,

Thieves have hard time going vs SOME of the classes? Eles got hard time going against ANY class.
To be clear i am really happy that clerics is gone, but for some reason instead of reworking/buffing our utility/defense we got overall nerfed.
Just to be clear, how many viable (not meta) builds does thief have? How many viable builds does ele have? None. Sure you can noobstopm a bad team if you get lucky to come actoss them, but if enemy team got at least 1 decent player, you are dead, cause it takes around 4-7 seconds to take down any ele that is not currently in “permanent invulnerability”. And like person mentioned above, if you run around like a mad chicken trying to survive, you literary do nothing for the team and in the end you die giving some points to enemy team. Rince and repeat.

in PvP

Posted by: Sandzibar.5134

Sandzibar.5134

Bait thread. Waste of everyones time and bandwidth. Come back with some valid arguments that arent based on outright lies.

in PvP

Posted by: REGGADO.1237

REGGADO.1237

Thief one of best profesions to counter dh. It takes litterly few seconds to take down any guard. Here is secret guide:
step one… have p/p as weapon set
step two.. click 3 3 3
step three.. stomp dh

in PvP

Kageseigi.2150

@soulknight

I’m not arguing anything. Merely stating that Thieves feel your pain. Especially Thieves with no access to Daredevil.

Believe me, I know how it is to get insta-downed. It has happened to me many times against nearly every profession… save for other Thieves, oddly enough.

All I’m saying is that I’ve been there… even while Elementalists could bunker a point independently… 7 seconds was sometimes an eternity for me in a fight. So I know what you’re going through.

Again, I don’t have HoT. I’m stuck playing a sub-par, non-meta build. So you’ve got my sympathy.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

You’ll get no argument from me about what is the squishiest profession at the moment. All I can tell you is that Thieves know exactly how it is to get killed in a few seconds… especially when going up against certain professions. And that goes double for us Thieves who don’t have HoT and go DA/CS/T. Can’t 1v1 fairly, can’t take a point, can’t hold a point. We may have Blinds and Stealth, but we lack any sort of Protection or blocks or Stability, and we have very little condi-removal. At the same time, many other professions have a plethora of passive and/or active defenses that the power Thief simply can’t break through. Running away or hiding are our only options, and that makes a combat-oriented Thief sad :-(

Though I would welcome any Elementalist players to try out a glass Thief build. They may or may not find it more rewarding than the Ele at the moment, but I assure them that it will improve their reflexes for when they switch back, though the Ele may seem quite slow when they do.

Oh don’t get me wrong, I know what it’s like running glass, ran glass ele in WvW till a thief randomly dodged into me with bound and nearly one shot me lol. I still run glass mesmer and was playing base mesmer in WvW after HoT but since switched to chrono. Also played thief to understand it as a well played thief is one of my biggest weaknesses as I can’t get away from them as easily as other classes.

Ele is a bit of a slower pace but then you also need to be a bit more methodical to make sure you don’t end up in the wrong attunement at the wrong time, I certainly can’t recommend a power ele when power Mesmer, thief, berserker, scrapper and rev can essentially wipe the floor with you or escape you easily. Stealth is just so incredibly strong against anything that either requires a target to attack or has no form of reveal.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Ok this is a problem as thief realistically is rock paper scissors countered by guardian. They hit you in-between dodges and during stealth making your hp a ticking time bomb. You have a short amount of time to kill a guardian and often he can last by just stacking aegis and blocking.

This doesn’t apply to the best thieves who know how to use basilisk venom but players that use the highest threshold of thief potential are rare.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

watches and chews popcorn as every class tries to victimize themselves on who has it worst

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

This is the same kid in chat last night complaining about other classes as well.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

i pay 1g to any thief that can kill my guard

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Thief has no chance vs guard now. Period.
Scepter symbol too op
unavoidable spear and pull
gg

Can thief get another +40% autoatack dmg plz?

I am sorry, the thief on my team still do 90% win ratio. He don’t complain much about DH, but he is smart enough to pick his target.

He can juke in 1v2, 1v3 longer than most druid with the META build.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Guardians have always been the hard counter for thieves…..Thieves do crazy damage on practically every other class.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: virus.4370

virus.4370

well you DPS attackers complained About Bunker builds and healers..now you can’t survive, serves you right. you wanted faster matches now you got them. enjoy. i guess you didn’t want faster matches at the cost of your points. just the bunker and healer players.

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

With 6k Vault, Thief kills with 1 skill.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

lol what about condi perma evade? Thief is fine vs guardian mainly although any other non evade thief spec is non viable right now.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Ah, I thought that may have been why you were feeling the Thief’s ultimate bursting power! I feel for you, though… honestly. It’s not easy being the squishiest profession in the game. Full glass zerker Thief says hello. I may have the destructive power of the Death Star, but the Warrior just uses the Force and ignores my super laser… then laughs at me :-(

THE MOST EPIC POST ON THESE FORMS IN MONTHS!

Sir you get a +100 from me. Pure genus, lol.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Thief if fine for 99% of the population’s level of PvP, even if it may not make it in to the top end tourney teams.

in PvP

Posted by: Gamble.4580

Gamble.4580

Uzumi best thf in world kills every! Dh trap cry when they see the great thf Uzumi.

[UNTY] Unity guild -AG server
Asura -Thief