This Season Is going to be...

in PvP

Posted by: TheNickPrice.8457

TheNickPrice.8457

The BEST YET!

Mark my words q quer’s this season is going to be fast paced and action packed the changes anet made were absolutely excellent slight tweaks to classes that needed them but nothing to butcher them! ele q quers I ask one favor from you and that’s to get gud! you can still be a dedicated healer surprise there are other stats that have equivalent healing power as clerics! better yet, instead of making a coffee coming back and using some skills your going to have to be engaged and actually (get this) dodging ! no more facetanking makes bads sad

get rdy for some fast paced pvp folks, Anet did a great job with this patch, you shall see as the meta settles, and for those whom don’t, welp sorry to say you probably never were fully engaged in pvp and relied completely on your builds to carry you sad panda

TLDR: Enjoy the upcoming fast paced, skillful, engaging gameplay to come!

oh and unrelated for that guy whom wont log in, could you try not logging into the forums too? that’d be pretty swell!

Never engage an enemy more powerful then yourself. If engagement is inevitable, do so on your terms.

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

This is a troll post right? This has to be a troll post. Not falling for it.

in PvP

Posted by: Talyn Sneider.1825

Talyn Sneider.1825

The BEST YET!

Mark my words q quer’s this season is going to be fast paced and action packed the changes anet made were absolutely excellent slight tweaks to classes that needed them but nothing to butcher them! ele q quers I ask one favor from you and that’s to get gud! you can still be a dedicated healer surprise there are other stats that have equivalent healing power as clerics! better yet, instead of making a coffee coming back and using some skills your going to have to be engaged and actually (get this) dodging ! no more facetanking makes bads sad

get rdy for some fast paced pvp folks, Anet did a great job with this patch, you shall see as the meta settles, and for those whom don’t, welp sorry to say you probably never were fully engaged in pvp and relied completely on your builds to carry you sad panda

oh and unrelated for that guy whom wont log in, could you try not logging into the forums too? that’d be pretty swell!

Perhaps you could take a breath and relax a bit

Best regards and have fun.

To each it’s own.

Casual pvp’er – Can only play 2-3 hours a day

https://www.gw2pvp.de/profile/ab4bd8fa4c3f250ac9533c479b0b862b/

in PvP

Posted by: myren.5490

myren.5490

I wholeheartedly agree! I’m very excited to try out all the new changes to guardian, ele, ranger, and mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: TheFantasticGuy.7206

TheFantasticGuy.7206

You mean the pig and moa changes? Cause that was 90% of the patch notes for Ranger.

in PvP

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

This season is gonna be awsome. I’ll go to the beach all day long and to dance all night.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

It might be troll post.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

As an elementalist it’s the second season in a row I’m going to skip.

Or maybe I’ll try facerolling elementalists to death on other classes for practice.

in PvP

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

What so fun about Mesmer wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Or maybe I’ll try facerolling elementalists to death on other classes for practice.

Why did you skip last season? Eles were great last season.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

What so fun about Mesmer wars 2

This ^^. As it looks right now, mesmers will be in the unique situation of being OP 4 seasons in a row. No other class can say that.

in PvP

Posted by: Light Of The Abyss.5927

Light Of The Abyss.5927

NA didn’t even use Mesmer in the last finals…. So OP

Delpfine Drake

in PvP

Posted by: TheNickPrice.8457

TheNickPrice.8457

Not a troll post this was a great patch and will be very healthy to the game considering it will open the game up to be fast paced and objective holders will actually have to dodge! a healer aka tempest atm should be a squishy target, teasm should protect their healers! monks are never heavy armor classes and should not get by with facetanking!

this will promote target teamplay and skilled tempests will still be great the builds just no longer rolling face! you will actually rely on your team to peel as a monk should!

trust me, uping the pace of pvp is exactly what this game needed and this patch I believe hit the nail on the head! its going to be quick, engaging gameplay and now if your a dps class you can finally take someone hitting your support personal which is great, no more /shrug will keep following target cause lols tempest faceroll, tempest will require support in itself aka cc and possible dps target swap if someone is pressuring to high which makes for great engaging gameplay! aka you want your condi cleanse and heals, you want your support on point, then you support your support, this is what makes good gameplay!

tldr: monks should not be innately tanky, they should require support themselves via peels and cc to those going for them, think gw1 pvp where u had backliners to keep your monky safe!

Never engage an enemy more powerful then yourself. If engagement is inevitable, do so on your terms.

in PvP

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

Many of us absolutely hate that our class got turned into a heal bot cc cleanse face tank. And we were only relevant and will only continue to be relevant because support is better than no support.

I personally ran f/a all last season, when at the top of my game I could beat most average players (excluding warrior there’s just nothing f/a can do about it) , I would loose most fights to any decent player even with perfect migation timing and burst timing. F/a just wasn’t competitive enough and many other classes outshine the same roll entirely.

This patch F/a got nerfs it most certainly will not fill a meta slot.

And moving from clerics to meanders is just insult to injury, atleast with clerics we didn’t get 100-0 instantly by burst classes, it’s a core mechanical issue that all our defenses rely on tanking damage and healing it back up that we get stuck in these bruiser rolls. We may still fall into the meta with meanders just to fill the heal/condi cleanse role but I for one will continue not to play it. Which means to be competitive I will need to play another class yet again.

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

How many matches has NA won? 1? Not even?

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Yet a mesmer won the tournament itself. Mesmer is extremely strong, it just takes actual skill.

in PvP

Xillllix.3485

Many of us absolutely hate that our class got turned into a heal bot cc cleanse face tank. And we were only relevant and will only continue to be relevant because support is better than no support.

That’s the reason why I left for 6 months. I used to run d/d zerk when the game was launched. Might as well play some cheesy game like The Sims if you’re going to reduce yourself to being a heal bot.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

I think its a faulty notion that there is a ideal type of pvp pacing your average pvp player is looking for and that faster combat is better then slower. What happens is when the combat is slower you have people complaining about bunkers and ttk being too long. Then when the combat is faster you have people complaining about burst and ttk being too short. The reason this happens is there is far from a consensus on this sort of thing different people have different opinions. The problems with this game have very little to do with the combat pacing imo.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

I think its a faulty notion that there is a ideal type of pvp pacing your average pvp player is looking for and that faster combat is better then slower. What happens is when the combat is slower you have people complaining about bunkers and ttk being too long. Then when the combat is faster you have people complaining about burst and ttk being too short. The reason this happens is there is far from a consensus on this sort of thing different people have different opinions. The problems with this game have very little to do with the combat pacing imo.

Right.

ROCK, PAPER and SCISSOR are in nature really different. All have different POV.

When your game can’t balanced them… your game lose customers.

The first to go, are those casuals… but they are more than 80% of the player base.

So… when queue time will take 20 minutes because there is only 20 people playing at the same time. It will be too late.

Actually, gutting ROCK to make it like some sort of Scissor (squishie) DPS with Rock (support) is removing ROCK to all casual. Rock is now harder to play than scissor (fast killing other) or paper (condi burst scissor).

So ROCK can’t kill much, can’t support much cause it die way faster.

Anyway, Camelot Unchained is on the way. They know how to balance dps, support and tank. Players still play DAOC right now.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

They already went rock paper scissors with builds.

It used to be the player not the build that won a 1 vs 1. A player could play any build and win. I once played an illusion mesmer vs a shatter mesmer. Yes an illusion mesmer. I didn’t use phantasms or shatter just my great sword/staff abilities that spawned illusions or did damage. And yes I was power. Using well timed A.A., strikes, and dodging shatter combos, I was able to win because I outplayed my opponent even at a disadvantage. However, currently there is no reward for dodging an ability as it just lets them use their next one with the assurance that your out of energy. It’s like you dodge 6k damage only to dodge another 6k damage and then boom you take 10k damage because your out of energy. \

Yet they have created a counter spec system to make up for this cancer running around. Certain builds win vs other Certain builds regardless of class. There is a counter build for everything now even blocking builds.. While I dont like it Pvp is now interesting because there is no-longer a build that stands above the rest truly as long as you make counter specs.

This is also why I mentioned spectate ruined the game (mainly the build/trait spectating feature). It sped up the creation of op meta builds and increased the likely hood of rock paper scissors classes and rock paper scissors builds. It also took away the learning from pvp where veteran players stood above the new players who had to figure out things and learn from the veteran players. Now it is easy copy and paste as if players are forced to tell enemies their play-style and strategies so that both can be rock paper scissor countered.

Yes, I have many complaints but this season is a go to for me. I am definitely playing. The update went one more step in the right direction. Wrong nerfs but right direction. In the past I have skipped out because of the state of the game. If they continue in the direction their going pvp will be decent.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

(edited by Zelulose.8695)

in PvP

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

It was Anet’s fault for introducing a specialization that focuses on support. Now that the direction of the game has changed (imo for the better), Tempests are left out. Might as well just delete it and create a new specialization that does not focus on supporting.

As I have always claimed, I like how the direction of the game is going but I don’t like how they nerfed Tempest Self-Healing which affected non support builds more than the specific support build that needed to be nerfed. Removing Celestial and Cleric Amulet is fine but further reducing the self sustain capabilities of Tempest is an overkill. It’s like telling a healer specialization to not play healer but their skills are still focused on healing.

in PvP

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

I don’t think it’s a question of “fast vs slow” gameplay. PvP needs to be more “interactive”. More engaging.

When you have classes/builds that can simple ignore what the other person is doing (just doing their rotations) and being successful. Then that is when you lose your player base.

PvP needs to have that back n forth. Otherwise its just glorified PvE. The speed of that engagement can vary. But it needs to exist. And for the past year or so, there has been less and less engagment in this game.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Really, I think what is hurting this game is more than just the gameplay. In tpvp, a team up on kills can still lose just by being out rotated. Dying doesn’t mean a great deal in tpvp unless you die much much more than 10 times (one death per minute) granting the enemy team a measly 50 points. Deaths should be worth 15 points to a team at least or have some consequence for this game mode to be successful especially with the sustain around.

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

One thing is for sure – you won’t see many ele’s…if any at all

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Xillllix.3485

I played some games today.
What I noticed:

1- Way too many Guardians: One match had 6 and another had 5
And there is a reason for that, 2 guardian traps on a point insta-kill anyone.

2- Condis are out of control, just just melt constantly and find yourself out of cleanses eventually. Probably another reason why almost everyone plays Guardian

3- No other eles at all, that class is just gone

4- In 1v1 I can win some fights facerolling on a hybrid Necro (about 10 hours of experience), with my ele I find nothing is viable (and I have 5k hours experience)

I’m not happy about the balance changes at all. I miss the old zerk staff or celestial d/d ele days. No thanks for making the game less interesting.

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

What I noticed:

2- Condis are out of control, just just melt constantly and find yourself out of cleanses eventually. Probably another reason why almost everyone plays Guardian

4- In 1v1 I can win some fights facerolling on a hybrid Necro (about 10 hours of experience), with my ele I find nothing is viable (and I have 5k hours experience)

I’m not happy about the balance changes at all. I miss the old zerk staff or celestial d/d ele days. No thanks for making the game less interesting.

Same experience here too bud I have played over 10k games and find these changes have set the whole pvp scene back a 100 steps.

in PvP

Posted by: Raithwall.8201

Raithwall.8201

The BEST YET!

If your fast paced and action packed extremely skillful season means teams ful of condition warrs/necros/mesmers spreading cancer all over the mists, i think you’r right.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

What I noticed:

I do agree that all the Elementalists turned towards other classes and Guardians got the biggest QoL in GW2 history, another reason Guards are popular. Traps being OP is definitely not lol… that’s just inexperience forum talk.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Lucred.1802

Lucred.1802

Really, I think what is hurting this game is more than just the gameplay. In tpvp, a team up on kills can still lose just by being out rotated. Dying doesn’t mean a great deal in tpvp unless you die much much more than 10 times (one death per minute) granting the enemy team a measly 50 points. Deaths should be worth 15 points to a team at least or have some consequence for this game mode to be successful especially with the sustain around.

All that’s gonna so is see the introduction of stealth ganking, as kills will become far and away the most important aspect of PvP.

I mean, why risk a team fight when you can run 5 stealthers and waylay the guys left on point (since they can’t find any of you and have nothing else to do)?

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

In other-words, Thief will be effective again in solo que. That’s right stealth ganking securing thief role as a roaming ganker.