This is going to sound rude and awful

in PvP

Posted by: Youngertwo.4956

Youngertwo.4956

But there needs to be a way of preventing you from being teamed with certain classes in spvp solo queue.

Lets face it, 90% of thieves are AWFUL. Last match, thief went far in Legacy Map. Died. We wiped at mid because of the 4-3 even with me running in from home. Thief rezzes and dies again at far. Game lost. The thief is even kind enough to dc when the other team reached 400 points. Long enough to assure we have zero chance of it even being close, but not long enough that they get the dc and we still lose pips.

If this happened once, no biggie. But this happens every third match! Beyond frustrating.

I would gladly double my wait time for the queue to NEVER have a pug thief ’on my team" (/sarcasm off) again.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I said this in a previous thread and didn’t think it sounded rude or awful. Sometimes we just don’t sync with certain classes.

I’d also put a one daredevil (yes it would control for elite specs) limit on such a filter. With settings like these here’s what I’d check:

1.Base classes-All off.
2.Berserker-Off
3.Daredevil-1
4.Dragonhunter-1
5.Chronomancer-1
6.Necromancer-2
7.Herald-2
8.Scrapper-2
9.Tempest-1
10.Druid-1 or maybe 2.

This way I won’t have any stacks of 3 on my team and my own class would count towards the filter.

Now I’ve seen some great warriors don’t get me wrong but I’ve seen lots of great thieves. I remember a forest game where a daredevil kept stealing beasts and harassing far diverting attention away from mid (I was druid) and even though I could only see the match from my PoV I knew he was the real MVP even though I had top score (Mender’s and search and rescue tends to rack up both big damage, healing, and rezzing numbers) the daredevil was simply awesome.

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

in PvP

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

ahhahaha…….
i always lose at my 3rd or 4th match and the cycle repeat…
is not that bad since is still progressing

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in PvP

Posted by: Anhomedog.7968

Anhomedog.7968

Im a firm believer in warriors now that I have seen some competent ones! Generally in this meta noobs are too bad to even want to try, so people who play them are actually good

Ride the Lightning: Movement speed adjustments
no longer affect the intended travel distance.
-The Pros at ANET

in PvP

Posted by: Snowywonders.1378

Snowywonders.1378

Why is this extremely dumb idea brought up all the time? It is as ridiculous as asking to never team with people that make it to your block list.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

That sounds rude and awful. That said, there is already a option for this, just pick up some ppl in the lobby, create a party with desired classes and que.

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

That sounds rude and awful. That said, there is already a option for this, just pick up some ppl in the lobby, create a party with desired classes and que.

This would negate peoples excuses, its easier to blame the teammates for the loss in chat. Also you would get matched vs. other premades 90% of the time, and teamplay isnt a thing for all those pve´ers who only play for the wings/titles/ap.

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

Stop the thief hate. I carry matches as a thief. What you really need to watch out for is crappy players that play meta builds. You see them and you’re like, “Good. I got 2 necros, a rev, and engi on my team. I’m totally gonna win.” Then, your team loses every fight that you aren’t in on. Even when they have +1 advantage. A good theif is hard to beat. There is no class the I can’t beat in a 1v1, only better players beat me. Thief is sooooo fast. Dash, infultrator’s arrow, signet of agility. The key to playing theif is don’t get hit, and you have plenty of evades and blinds to do it.

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

thief is hardest class to play no wonder most players are weak.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in PvP

Posted by: Hansen.3264

Hansen.3264

But there needs to be a way of preventing you from being teamed with certain classes in spvp solo queue.

Lets face it, 90% of thieves are AWFUL. Last match, thief went far in Legacy Map. Died. We wiped at mid because of the 4-3 even with me running in from home. Thief rezzes and dies again at far. Game lost. The thief is even kind enough to dc when the other team reached 400 points. Long enough to assure we have zero chance of it even being close, but not long enough that they get the dc and we still lose pips.

If this happened once, no biggie. But this happens every third match! Beyond frustrating.

I would gladly double my wait time for the queue to NEVER have a pug thief ’on my team" (/sarcasm off) again.

Make a team. problem solved.
Thief is fun. not so fun if its not a ballanced match
and defently not fun for ones team members either if the match isent ballanced and one have thief or warrior

Thief life:
I can carry teams to. ( im not in legendary rank, though ive seen some good players there on twitch doing good) i can also be hard countered, and migt need to swap before start, i can also have nothing to do in a matchs if team dont know how to play with thief. I can also be countered hard on random DH traps and lucky trueshots. The list goes on and on. People that play solo que really have to live with other people play sertain classes or go make a team.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

Stop the thief hate. I carry matches as a thief. What you really need to watch out for is crappy players that play meta builds. You see them and you’re like, “Good. I got 2 necros, a rev, and engi on my team. I’m totally gonna win.” Then, your team loses every fight that you aren’t in on. Even when they have +1 advantage. A good theif is hard to beat. There is no class the I can’t beat in a 1v1, only better players beat me. Thief is sooooo fast. Dash, infultrator’s arrow, signet of agility. The key to playing theif is don’t get hit, and you have plenty of evades and blinds to do it.

Lets just say a bad druid or something else isnt as matchbreaking as a bad thief. I love having a good thief on my team. With good i mean a thief who knows his mechanics good and knowns how to rotate properly.
A druid who sucks still can be more useful then a sucking thief.
I guess thats what makes thief hate rise, there just not many thiefs who can play the class on a viable level.

in PvP

Posted by: LeCreaux.3087

LeCreaux.3087

I remember a forest game where a daredevil kept stealing beasts and harassing far diverting attention away from mid (I was druid) and even though I could only see the match from my PoV I knew he was the real MVP even though I had top score (Mender’s and search and rescue tends to rack up both big damage, healing, and rezzing numbers) the daredevil was simply awesome.

That’s why I think “meta” builds are a misnomer in GW2. There are “meta” players who can see the game-inside-the-game and use unique builds to do unique things. But calling a build “meta” is nonsense in my opinion.

I’m not a “meta” player in GW2. A “meta” build in my hands is like asking me to play Guitar Hero with a real guitar. The most effective I can be in GW2 is using a straight-up “For Dummies” build that can go Gronk-mode without having to do GW2-calculus.

I do have “meta” skills in other games so I get the concept. I have whacked out builds that shun conventional game-wisdom but are extremely effective for me. Very specialized at doing “meta” things that enable my team to win by playing the game-inside-the-game.

I appreciate that you could see what the Daredevil was doing regardless of what the number-generators were showing on the scoreboard. That’s literally very meta!

in PvP

R O C.6574

Lets just say a bad druid or something else isnt as matchbreaking as a bad thief. I love having a good thief on my team. With good i mean a thief who knows his mechanics good and knowns how to rotate properly.
I guess thats what makes thief hate rise, there just not many thiefs who can play the class on a viable level.

Druid is a good example. Your pet does a lot of your dps for you so I think it’s an easier class to play well. Thief is much less forgiving gameplay. If you can’t shut down their attacks and stick the insane amount of burst you have, you’re pretty much dead. But I have to say this again: the amount of speed and burst you have as thief is INSANE.

I love it when teammates start complaining about 2 thiefs on a team, then we destroy the other team by pushing far and shrinking the map. Thief is imo the most fun class to play. Smokin bunkers like they’re blunts son.

in PvP

R O C.6574

Best map to have a thief: Forest.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynar Valdyr.7854

Cynar Valdyr.7854

Some of the best and worst matches I’ve been in were made that way because of thieves. It’s a feast or famine class. Good thieves can win games, bad thieves can lose games, but what you’re complaining about is outright stupid. Both teams have the same odds of getting a good one and the same odds of getting a bad one in solo queue.

Putting a checkbox of what professions you allow on your team would destroy the whole PvP system for certain players and increase queue times for everyone. Good thieves would have to team queue in order to be able to play without 20 minute waits; and while bad thieves would virtually be eliminated, it would hurt the diversity of the game and ultimately wreck PvP for everyone.

What would be the best option for you, is get to a high enough rank where virtually all players are good on whatever class they’re playing. There aren’t too many Legendary thieves that suck.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Druid is a good example. Your pet does a lot of your dps for you so I think it’s an easier class to play well. Thief is much less forgiving gameplay. If you can’t shut down their attacks and stick the insane amount of burst you have, you’re pretty much dead. But I have to say this again: the amount of speed and burst you have as thief is INSANE.

I love it when teammates start complaining about 2 thiefs on a team, then we destroy the other team by pushing far and shrinking the map. Thief is imo the most fun class to play. Smokin bunkers like they’re blunts son.

You are confusing the state of the class with the skill of certain players.

The issue is that thief as a class sucks. Sure, there can be some good players who play it, but that is maybe 5% of thief players at most. The other 95% are basically free wins for the enemy team.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

You know what is ridiculous about whole thing? For 3 years players were complaining about thieves until Anet nerfed the class into oblivion. Now people complain about having thief on team. You know what? EAT WHAT YOU ASKED FOR!

OP, i will pray that you will get 4 thieves on your team each match.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

R O C.6574

The state of the class is fine. Because IF you know how to play thief, you can dominate the match. Just because the class doesn’t lend itself to beginner level gameplay, doesn’t mean the class sucks. The majority of “class balance” issues are actually l2p issues.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

1.Base classes-All off.

Lol. So non-HoT, eat dirt. How kind…

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

SO bad decision.

Yesterday, TFS played 9 games and did win 9.

We took a substitute to Impact. It was Talon Nighthawk. Great player. Great thief. Did do thief work properly. Job done.

On your reasoning you would ban all build cause most of the player base are not good enough with them.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/