This is of dire importance!

in PvP

Posted by: Oni.5429

Oni.5429

GREETINGS, CITIZENS. I originally planned to make a massive post where I displayed arenanets absolutely awful form of transparency, game issues, questionable design choices and a ton of other things. But this has been done before (and better), mainly by Follidus. If you have not already, read his post here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/The-possibility-of-an-outreach-program/first

You could also read arenanets response to see what part of the game suffers from now.

ANYWAY, the point of my thread is something different, I’m going to mention all the aspiring teams and players that have quit the game (and why) that I can think OFF THE TOP OFF MY HEAD. I can’t guarantee that all of these players left specifically because of the reasons I mention, but I can say that the vast majority of them have, and the rest left at least partially because of them.

TEAMS:
Team Pika:
The team followed the usual process. One player left another player got an invite from a team (dislocation to no scrub iirc) and since this game has no potential for a solo player to be competitive the three other players in the team, meaning that the three other players had to abandon the game and go back to WoW after some time of trying to find a team.

Solution that would have kept them in game: SoloQ

Team Synthetic Gods/Myrevenge
This team followed almost exactly the same formula as above. The team became far less active due to disgruntlement because they had absolutely no info on esport at all aside from a pathetic blog post which took months to come out on. When the team dropped in activity and efficiency because of this one player left, two of the players n the team tried to find a new one but they were unable to and guess what? Lack of soloQ? No official ratings? Good luck making yourself known out there to other good teams!

Solution: soloQ and transparency

Team FT:
This teams disappearance was rather recent. These were players that had been playing for as long as I. They eventually quit because they assumed arenanets stance on actually telling us what the hell is happening was arenanet not caring.

Team SuperSquad:
Surely you’ve heard of these, yes arenanet? Same story as the one with myrevenge. There were members that were not as committed due to how the game was going. With the lack of proper ladder there is no real goal and there is nothing that kept the team to stay competitive. Two of the members joined another team (guess which!) and one quit the game due to not believing arenanet any more on their esport claims. The other two were unable to find a team. And yet AGAIN, I want to repeat this point: If you don’t have a team then you CANNOT play the game competitively. Your silly idea of a soloQ is not going to change that. And as long as you don’t announce that you’re going to make a proper solo q people that are unable to find a team will CONTINUE TO LEAVE!

Solution: Transparency that would keep them motivated (they’ve been dedicated to this game since beta), a solo q (are you starting to see a pattern?)

Team legacy:
Another previous big name. They, too, lost faith in arenanet with their claim that they’d make this an esport. They believed it was just a lie to make the sales increase.
Solution: Talk to us!

Crs Helseth, Mesmer for Team Curse

(edited by Oni.5429)

in PvP

Oni.5429

Devils inside (x2):
The poor transparency along with anets mistakes made these teams progressively lose more faith in the game. Just like you can see in fellivars posts response, it really doesn’t seem like anet understands the path they’re taking. Anyway, once the team had a bad streak players left. When they left the team(s) had a slow process where they constantly tried different people. Eventually one of the teams more or less collapsed, leaving the players trying to find a team (and being unable to). Unsurprisingly, the vast majority of the once huge DI guild have quit the game now.
Solution: Soloq for the people that couldn’t find a team and kittenING transparency.

You have NO idea how long I could keep going. Do you think I’m even ALMOST done on the list of people I could make? NO, arenanet. The list is kittening massive. I could mention Mace stun, no scrub, get stomped, estars, svarnir ninjas, Jackazzms team, cutthroats and the list goes oooooooon. But I’ll assume that I’ve made my point
This bullkitten of you guys being unable to even post on the forums regularly needs to stop. If it’s a staff issue then hire people. If you cant in your multi million selling game hire some community management then reach out to us. I know of an infinite amount of people, myself included that would gladly do that role for you FOR FREE.

The biggest two problems for this game is:
1. If you want to be competitive in it then you have to play it as if it’s your god kitten JOB. A job where there is no guarantee you’ll get paid in the future aside from your smirking boss saying ‘’in the future we might go into a profit’‘.
2. You guys refuse to talk to us, and you act as if your ’’We don’t want to say a word because we don’t want to commit’’ tactic is working when it’s made thousands of people quit.

Honorable mentions:

shader top1 rbgs wow, multiple glads – went to league
Couldnt fully commit to the game so couldnt be competitive

jackazzm top1 blc with sk gaming, multiple glads wow – Went irl!
Couldnt fullit commit to the game which means that he can’t keep up with team hours which means that he can’t play the game

snurrepig gladiator – went to Trackmania/HoN
-couldnt find team

zavve rank1 ,multiple glads – Went to Dota2
-couldnt find team

Vizone brutalcs admin, counterstrike team sponsored by vital gaming – Went to Cs/HoN
-pvp boring

Madley multiple glad wow – dunno what he is doing now
-“dont see the point in searching for a team, not much to achieve in this game”

Magz multiple glad wow -Went to WoW
-forced to be 5 people, means you have to play at a certain time to enjoy the game

Trigz Rank1(cyclone) in wow, multiple glad, top1 rbgs,
Partially that pvp felt a bit stale, maybe due to not having a team and there wasn’t much else to do for me personally
The promises of ladder system that never came
and then the few people who I played with quitting for other games

The list could go on for so long.

This post is to serve one purpose and it’s to eliminate the gray area arenanet devs keep producing when they respond to our complaints.

Your approach to how to make an esport is WRONG, not different. Man the hell up, admit it, and fix your mistakes.

Oh and..
ehm.
Why the kitten is the wall of champions in the mists still displaying the supposed ‘’beta tourny winners’’, member 1-5? Did you guys plan to have a huge beta tournament which turned out to be impossible without telling us?
AND WHY THE kitten HAS IT BEEN FOUR MONTHS AND STILL NO SIGN OF QP LEADERBOARDS? DO YOU NOT CARE ABOUT HOW UNIFNISHED PVP LOOKS FOR NEW PLAYERS?

I’m starting to feel like the ‘’pvp dev team’’ is a myth.
ps: Currently there are four teams I can think of that actively play with five members.
1. Curse
2. TP
3. Bg9
4. Nonstop nonsense

(edited by Oni.5429)

in PvP

Posted by: Adris.1859

Adris.1859

Same pattern happened to Polish PvP community. When GW 2 launched, there was decent amount of active PvP guilds (most transferred from GW1). Now there are just few left. Most of them left because of super slow changes in PvP and lack of perspective for future changes. Guilds that still play still believe each month that the update would be gamebreaking and their effort wouldn’t go to waste. Sadly each month morale drops and people leave.
As a dedicated fan I would suggest to cast away the idea of slow minor changes because its already too late, something big must happen, the sooner the better.

(edited by Adris.1859)

in PvP

Posted by: jim.5380

jim.5380

I have to add from all the people i was playing with and they quit the game(90% of the people i played with quited) 90% of them told me that they are willing or that they will come back when the game has more to offer. By more i mean soloqueue, matchmaking(yey we have that), rankings, custom servers, better rewards on tournaments(yes thats how u attract people cause ticket sinking and wasting your time to grind glory is not the way), spectator mode, competition like prize tournaments or FAME tournaments. Thats how u will get many players back and advertise ur game with streams etc.
BTW dont be afraid of releasing a bad spectator mode cause thats a start and u can have feedback how to improve it for free from us or from commentators.
And on the next SOTG if it happens go all in give us dates plans features, u can miss the deadlines u gave us but we will know u work on them not that u dodge our concerns.

Jim Battlemaster

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

Don’t be silly Helseth…“our numbers say otherwise” THE POPULATION IS GROWING!!!!

in PvP

Oni.5429

I don’t think that they lied about that. The population is growing because people get to try out paids for the first time.

Will those people stay for another three months? Absolutely not.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

I just don’t understand why there isn’t a PTR with test notes, it’s such a novel concept…

in PvP

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

Really nice thread.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in PvP

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

They really just have to learn that promises do not keep that game alive…
In November they promised they have huge ideas (also e.g. with regards to statistic) in their pipeline but they cannot talk about that at this point in time….blabla.
They also promised a huge pvp update “between january and march” (however I already knew at this point that it will not be before march…I start to laugh if this should be the major update with just one additional map and a changed matchmaking code within 4 months – This fact is even funnier if you watch the developers diary (or was it sotg) where they said that creating a map does not take a lot of resources.
However also my friendlist is close to die. I like the combat system but with the changed paid system there is not much left for me. Everyone looks the same, Paid is a zero-sum game since they abadoned gems from pvp and I dont see where I am compared to other gamers, so everyone relies on qp and rank (and I dont play paids anymore since the silent storm week).
Just two recent “Messages of the day” from two of my guilds: “GW2 pvp/tournies are kitten”. And for me this all started when they changed the paid system to a farming festival. Since that day I was forced to play hot join if I want to play pvp (and on my own)….and I hate hot join.

Nevertheless it is interesting, 3 months ago there were a lot of discussion about classes in this sub forum. Now nearly every thread on the first page is about how anet want to progess with pvp and people want answers about upcoming changes because srsly after 1 week in pvp everybody looks the same and you cant distinguish skill (beside that stupid rank).

(edited by HPLT.7132)

in PvP

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

Oni your post is like a bible for a believer….

… the truth …

hope that anet will do asap something for solo players

in PvP

Posted by: dRewDeezy.9054

dRewDeezy.9054

Im new in community so hello to all "started spvp about 1 month ago or something right now im 29r ( I used to be a wow player at 2.000+ rank ladders so i know a lil bit of competitive enviroment ) so i have to agree with oni … To be competitive in Spvp seriously u need a team you just cant be competitive in solo Q p.s its boring to go solo q …. So i started to play with a real friend of mine who is at the same skill lvl with me at wow and we decide to create a team . We create that team 4 weeks ago or so and all i can see is that we cant find members or something for the reasons oni announced above ( and of course some people do not treat us very well because of our rank .. I got responses like get urself first at high ranked and we talkin about that later or more worst “lol noob wtf u are ranked 29 and u want teamplayers to create core team no need to lose my tickets like that” For sure im not listen to ppl like that coz aint give a single * … But we still playing in faith that someday the game will be more better or so .. But ye i find myself staying in heart of mists for at least 5 hours a day and the only thing we do is waiting chatting to play one game because of rank* its really hard for newcomers to play that game too ! that’s all

Peace

in PvP

Posted by: guza.6170

guza.6170

ArenaNET ignore level up.

aka Subl

in PvP

Posted by: Khyras.8021

Khyras.8021

Environments, combat and music were done right, the rest of the game is embarrassingly bad with no hope of getting better. They have no clue what decent MMO game should look like and feel like, they are just stumbling in the dark since the release, people see that and they leave ofc. They did nothing but deliver false promises from before release up to now and it will continue in the future imo.
They absolutely need to fire incompetent PvP team leaders and hire someone with proper experience to try to save what can be saved, in order to get PvP in this game better, simple as that.

in PvP

Posted by: leashmaygoss.2140

leashmaygoss.2140

ArenaNet needs to admit their failure.

Hiba
Booty Bakery [yumy]
Engineer

in PvP

Posted by: QtHman.9510

QtHman.9510

One can only wait for so long!

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

As usual, you are correct. The game is doing fine, there are lots of people playing, it’s just too bad none of them are playing PvP. Anet is going on gaming shows and touting GW2 as the “fastest selling MMO in history” and yet we have a PvP population on the verge of extinction. When you add those 2 sentences together, how can you not see that your implementation of PvP is abysmal? Let me reiterate.

• You have the fastest selling MMO of all time
  • You have a PvP population that is almost non existent

So, you have the players to play PvP if it was fun and rewarding to do so. How about you start listening to the players that are telling you to add a solo Q and stop being so silent on even the most benign changes? Start treating us as loyal fans and let’s have a back-and-forth about changes. You kick an idea our way, we’ll kick it back and so on. This “we know what’s best for the game” attitude, only to release a feature that doesn’t work or is a bad design is just frustrating.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: Ultima.8673

Ultima.8673

gonna enlarge this list:
some players in my former teams just went inactive or playing another game:
Team Jokers, Team rock paper ranger, team clowns on coca …….

i am still looking for a team with master of their classes . i wan rated soloqueue so hard

in PvP

Posted by: Nord.5360

Nord.5360

While I agree with the general ‘need for solo queue’ sentiment, GW2’s current population can’t handle separated queues between hot-join, free tournaments, paid 5s, and solo queue.

I definitely think it’s something that should be revisited in the future, but I hate to break it to you – having solo queue implemented ASAP isn’t going to save the game.

Simple things like incentivizing PvP for the majority of the playerbase (ie exp from sPvP, laurels from PvP dailies, etc) to revamping the hot-join and free tournament systems into something a bit more cohesive seems much more important.

Just my 2c.

Grouch

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

While I agree with the general ‘need for solo queue’ sentiment, GW2’s current population can’t handle separated queues between hot-join, free tournaments, paid 5s, and solo queue.

I definitely think it’s something that should be revisited in the future, but I hate to break it to you – having solo queue implemented ASAP isn’t going to save the game.

Simple things like incentivizing PvP for the majority of the playerbase (ie exp from sPvP, laurels from PvP dailies, etc) to revamping the hot-join and free tournament systems into something a bit more cohesive seems much more important.

Just my 2c.

I completely disagree. I think solo queue would grow the population as soon as it gets announced. I’ll be back and so will a lot of my friends. Not having solo q in early crushed the population, and so delaying it on the grounds that we don’t have the population to support it is crazy. Were dying here as a community and imo the ommition of a solo queue has been the biggest reason.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: Jumper.9482

Jumper.9482

Just my 2c.

Doesn’t have to be solo queue. Just seperate the ladder rankings for when you solo vs when you premade.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Jump-s-Ultimate-PvP-Teef-Wishlist-Jump-Doc/
Winner of Curse’s NA Masters Tournament
twitch.tv/loljumper

in PvP

Posted by: Kouryuu.4213

Kouryuu.4213

So delete hotjoin and replace it with soloQ, make free tournies the current paid tournies(no tickets) and make paids 8team automated tournaments that happen at set times during the day (like in gw1). Then you can have prizes in 8team for those who play for them.

Forever unranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

PvP is fun and quite good for a MMO game. No need to act like a spoiled kid and complain about everything.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I dont agree with everything ITT but there is one think I think is key and that is solo queue.

It is unrealistic to expect people to stay as part of a team if they are to play the game competitively. You have to have some way for the majority of people to play competitively and that can only be solo queue with a ranked ladder associated with this solo queue. Sure you can have monthly/weekly prize tournaments for full teams but the core of the game should be based around solo queue because that is what most people are able to work with.

I mean say you have a team how likely is it all 5 will be on at the same time? Very unlikely. How likely is it that all 5 will stay and enjoy the game? Very unlikely. How hard is it to then find a team? Near impossible. So can you then play competitevly? No not really.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Just my 2c.

They need to do them both.

PvE stuff into PvP ( not only from dailies, but also from tourney rewards), rehaul of the tournament system and hotjoins AND solo q.

Do them ASAP and the game will slowly flourish.

As you said, a solo q won’t save the game, but it’s essentially for competitvness to grow.

PvE rewards into PvP will save the game, but won’t create competitvness and the competition will stale.

It’s ESSENTIAL to do both altogheter.

in PvP

Posted by: shiNn.2571

shiNn.2571

Here Team Jealous Much,
same like evey kitten team. 1 member felt bored and left to dota2. cant find proper replacement.
Bc i cant test ppl proper if they fit or not bc u are just stomping newbys in free and waiting 23895205725902785025802358237589023587328932853275832952 hours in paid to pop up.
Now I’m the only one of my team in gw2…

i feel the esport is near…

Mighty Shinn
Jealous Much [JM]

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Team MyRevenge went to Smite I think, along with Curse they hold $1000 team tournaments every weekend.

That’s right, every weekend…… For a game in Open Beta. When was the last time there was a cash prize tournament in GW2?

I’ll wait.

When smite goes live it is going to blow this game out of the water. They already have ranked solo and team que, unranked arena, conquest, domination and 1v1 and sponsors, tournaments and the Esports infrastructure to back it all up.

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Team MyRevenge went to Smite I think, along with Curse they hold $1000 team tournaments every weekend.

That’s right, every weekend…… For a game in Open Beta. When was the last time there was a cash prize tournament in GW2?

I’ll wait.

When smite goes live it is going to blow this game out of the water. They already have ranked solo and team que, unranked arena, conquest, domination and 1v1 and sponsors, tournaments and the Esports infrastructure to back it all up.

Smite is a MOBA. GW2 is an MMO. Smite will have about the same effect LoL had on WoW.

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

I’ll wait.

They’re totally different games.

Personally i would never play SMITE and i find GW2 top notch of MMO action rpgs.

Still i rarely play more than ano hour anymore: i prefer to do 5 times a Metal Gear Rising mission over an hour of absymal and frsutrating PvP in GW2.

Gw2 has tons of potentials, but not the infrastructure, neither devs care, to be the best.

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

Wow after reading all that, I feel like I am going to cry from all the truth. Maybe it’s time to start disbelieving in Anet. When the game first launched (and 3 months after) I was playing this game all the time. But now, I only play off and on, and play other games, like Dota 2, CS:GO, SC2, etc.

Anyways, the need for Solo-queue is desperately needed, and wouldn’t it hurt if they were more transparent about giving us a feature like this, or more features to come (Custom Arenas i.e)? Hopefully a dev or someone will see this, and they will read more into how they can make solo queue healthy for the sPvP population.

To touch on transparency a little more, they do not have to make us promises. Letting us know what they are working on, and how we feel about their ideas, is all we are asking for. Making a promise and then going back on it is the worse feeling. That is not what we want. Maybe make more blog posts? Maybe make a preview of all the possible ideas you can do to revitalize the sPvP community.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

(edited by EoNxBoNx.9213)

in PvP

Posted by: Hawke.6943

Hawke.6943

I’m starting to feel like the ‘’pvp dev team’’ is a myth.
ps: Currently there are four teams I can think of that actively play with five members.
1. Curse
2. TP
3. Bg9
4. Nonstop nonsense

5.Thats so Pish

great thread.
Supporting all the way

Desolation ( EU )

in PvP

Posted by: Oniverse.5146

Oniverse.5146

Agree 100%.

I don’t have enough words in my vocabulary to describe how INFURIATING it is, that still MONTHS after the release there is no visible rating and a proper solo queue implemented. If baffles me severely how you can make a great (potential to be the best) pvp game and do NOTHING to support it with.

I have played quite a few games solely for the pvp: WoW arena, BLC, Dota1, HoN, League of Legends… all of these games have a working rating that you can grind. People LOVE to grind ratings. If the ratings have a meaning. Grinding for grades in hot-join or playing for QPs is without a shadow of a doubt the most backwarded system in a game that’s supposed to be a competitive pvp game that I know of. There is absolutely NOTHING to be proud of for, say, grade 40. It’s a measure for time invested. Yet, at the same time people go freaking nuts trying to get to diamond league or to get over 2000+ rating in another games. These things gamers actually care about… hell, almost every time i check these forums or ANY gaming forums someone’s boasting about their “multiglads” or “over 2,2k ratings”.

I’m no expert but I think it wouldn’t require much from arenaNET. I’m hopeful we will get a seperate solo and team que and a rating system to go with it soon. The game would freaking explode in popularity after this. Just see what happened to League of Legends. How can a very low budget game (HoN for instance) have 100 000 concurrent players online playing the game when the multimillion budget game that’s sold over 3 million copies have virtually EMPTY pvp lobby and nonexistent competitive community (in a game this size calling a few competitive teams a community is a pretty grande).

And please, if you ever implement this system: don’t announce the leaderboards or ratings in a forum post. It just seems extremely cheap and “sidenote-ish” (my english failed me here). These leaderboards need to be visible IN the game and need to jump in everyone’s face when playing pvp. The least you could do for the top players is to give them some recoqnition.

in PvP

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Agreed with OP, when GW2 was released i spent 90% of my time doing PvP tournys with my friends and the rest leveling my ele in PvE (took me over a month to hit 80). Now only 4 remain from 30+ and that sole reason is that we enjoy the PvE/WvW side otherwise we would be gone. Game has potential but Anet has been dropping the ball far too long in the sPvP Side.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

im not an elite player but i haved moved back to rift for good about 3 weeks ago. just no reason to play, nothing to strive for as a solo player and it’s just not fun enough to play same mode over and over. Rift gives me massive customization options with the soul system and lots of maps/styles. Not to mention the devs are actually showing some interest in pvp and really tweaking to make warfronts fun/balanced.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

im not an elite player but i haved moved back to rift for good about 3 weeks ago. just no reason to play, nothing to strive for as a solo player and it’s just not fun enough to play same mode over and over. Rift gives me massive customization options with the soul system and lots of maps/styles. Not to mention the devs are actually showing some interest in pvp and really tweaking to make warfronts fun/balanced.

I dunno dude, once you have played gw2 surely its hard to go back to looking at cast bars and basically just managing shortkeys and UI management. Its also hard to go back to a scenario where half the time you just stomp dudes because their gear is horribad….or visa versa

The fundamental core of GW2 is strong. That is why I think, eventually, pvp will be just the best ever.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

I dunno dude, once you have played gw2 surely its hard to go back to looking at cast bars and basically just managing shortkeys and UI management. Its also hard to go back to a scenario where half the time you just stomp dudes because their gear is horribad….or visa versa

The fundamental core of GW2 is strong. That is why I think, eventually, pvp will be just the best ever.

it’s not hard at all, i actually missed it since there is a higher skill cap. If I miss a key silence i die or target lives. Melee vs ranged is actually fun in kiting vs timing your abilities properly, vs gw2 where everyone just swaps to ranged weapon or has short CD snares or closing abilities. Also the customization is just insane. I can literally switch between a healing bard, a ranged marksman and a stealth sin in the same match, it’s just more “fun”. Also the ability to macro doesn’t make for massive keybind management like WoW.

oh and BIGGER MAPS and targets that die so you can actually find and enjoy 1vX. Downed state is definitley not missed lol. I’ll still check the forums from time to time but wont be back and probably uninstalling if next patch doesn’t have solo queue and massive makeover for solo player experience.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Sprawl.3891)

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

Forgot NA teams bro! Such as [Cute], [RMA], TP shift, TP NA, Alpha Colective, [PZ] (kindof), [LOVE], the list goes on an on. Pretty much all of the big teams on NA have quit or are on ‘hiatus".
Good rant thread though, hope it opens up some eyes over here in Seattle. The patch is in 3 days and we still have no real idea on any of the specifics of whats going to be in it, yet I could not only look up, but PLAY the coming “Quinn and Valor” league of legends patch in the PBE that won’t launch for another month or so.
Look at it this way; if they told us the specifics of EVERYTHING they intended to spend time on (except maybe minor class balancing), at least then the community could act as a sort of filter to make sure junk that’s toxic to the game’s overall design like hotjoin doesn’t even reach the drawing board.

Neglekt

in PvP

Posted by: loulakion.9741

loulakion.9741

well i hope the developers wont listen you that the solution to the problem of low population in the sPvP is the loss of soloQ (what? i dont get it what supposed to be qualified points i thought they were for players and not teams… anyway… )

to add my pity opinion, if you want to see the sPvP to gather people >> become competitive
1) make it f2p or sell 10$ accounts locked in Mists > sPvP (with a smaller client also to be downloaded )…
2) add real tournaments with real money prizes
3) bring spectate mode+custom maps (even for this smaller “sPvP client”)

in my opinion even of they need 1 year to create something like that, even then it will work, compared to SMITE you mentioned is far above GW2 …

in PvP

Zodian.6597

well i hope the developers wont listen you that the solution to the problem of low population in the sPvP is the loss of soloQ (what? i dont get it what supposed to be qualified points i thought they were for players and not teams… anyway… )

to add my pity opinion, if you want to see the sPvP to gather people >> become competitive
1) make it f2p or sell 10$ accounts locked in Mists > sPvP (with a smaller client also to be downloaded )…
2) add real tournaments with real money prizes
3) bring spectate mode+custom maps (even for this smaller “sPvP client”)

in my opinion even of they need 1 year to create something like that, even then it will work, compared to SMITE you mentioned is far above GW2 …

While these features would be great, I think you’ve missed the gaping flaw in anet’s design philosophy; the first issue is that there is no casual game type where people can queue and play on same teams with friends. In an MMO, it’s the social bonds which rely keep people playing; not the gameplay (contrary to popular belief). The second issue is that there is no viable option to solo queue competitively; this means no individual player progression occurs, instead people just form teams, label them as competitive and call it good.
So without individual skill progression and a weak casual player base, spvp is destined to fail. There’s also a lot of skill/mechanic balancing revolving around counter-play that needs to be addressed, but the real problem is this lack of transparency between the dedicated community members and the developer team as to what the hell is actually going on behind their iron curtain. Just look at the new ratings system; they spent weeks getting it ready before announcing how it ACTUALLY worked to the community, and SO many design flaws were pointed out. The time and resources that went into designing something as big as that are now wasted because they failed to notify the players on how they wanted ratings to work. If they would have said “hey guys this is our plan for ratings ____”, and opened like a post on the forums for feedback, I gaurentee you solo queue, public numerical ratings, and single map match making would have gone into the design.

TL;DR = Patches are not “Christmas presents”, the community should not be surprised by what is in them on the day that they launch. The lack of transparency allows toxic elements to enter our game that would otherwise not be there if community feedback was given beforehand.

Neglekt

(edited by Zodian.6597)

in PvP

Zodian.6597

As usual, you are correct. The game is doing fine, there are lots of people playing, it’s just too bad none of them are playing PvP. Anet is going on gaming shows and touting GW2 as the “fastest selling MMO in history” and yet we have a PvP population on the verge of extinction. When you add those 2 sentences together, how can you not see that your implementation of PvP is abysmal? Let me reiterate.

• You have the fastest selling MMO of all time
  • You have a PvP population that is almost non existent

So, you have the players to play PvP if it was fun and rewarding to do so. How about you start listening to the players that are telling you to add a solo Q and stop being so silent on even the most benign changes? Start treating us as loyal fans and let’s have a back-and-forth about changes. You kick an idea our way, we’ll kick it back and so on. This “we know what’s best for the game” attitude, only to release a feature that doesn’t work or is a bad design is just frustrating.

It’s funny because if you actually look at their numbers on google analytics, population has in fact dropped around 85% from September – now. Since PVE has maintained around the same numbers since launch, this would suggest that 85% of the original player base was here for the pvp. Food for thought.

Neglekt

in PvP

Posted by: Oniverse.5146

Oniverse.5146

If they would have said “hey guys this is our plan for ratings ____”, and opened like a post on the forums for feedback, I gaurentee you solo queue, public numerical ratings, and single map match making would have gone into the design.

This times a hundred. More openness is definitely needed. It might have been a tall order to get some civil responses in a thread like that a few months ago but now that the spvp is in a free fall and the ragekids have quit the game I think the voices of players who really want to improve the game could now be heard.

A dev response in this thread would be a fantastic thing. But I dream…

in PvP

Posted by: SchuMidas.4782

SchuMidas.4782

Anet try to buy sometime with promises,
however, people arent dumb, you cant buy their interest with promises , those who have left will “NEVER COME BACK”

we will soon see more WvWer left

SchuMidas – Guardian
Guild Pro Baddies [Pro] @ Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Sampi.5079

Sampi.5079

Sat with a dev for hours last night in the anvil rock mists, constant talk about how to improve the game happened around him. The only time we got a word out of him was when someone said hello and he said hey back. Seeing a dev in game, especially in the mists where the most work needs to be done was nearly a miracle. Hopes were had that Anet actually plays this game and is working towards a brighter tomorrow. Even if this is a possibility the stonewalling that went on was like taking golf shoes to your face after stepping on a lego.

Sad memories were had of the dev chat that would happen in game during the BWEs…

in PvP

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

deathmatch? solo-queue? duels? ratings? spectating? riduculous!, lets just add another pve dungeon and more conquest maps.

in PvP

Posted by: forsaken.2349

forsaken.2349

havnt read the whole thread..but so far seems legit

bumping in hope for an official reply

in PvP

Posted by: stobes.9254

stobes.9254

Just my 2c.

Completely agree with the laurel idea for pvp to bring in pve based people. When you proposed something like this on SotG, it was depressing to hear one of the jons say that it would be a better idea to add something like a glory booster to the pve daily to make pve’ers want to try pvp. If they tried pvp once and didnt enjoy it then, they would probably throw a glory booster in the garbage to be honest.

Pandaz

in PvP

Posted by: Kyanos.6089

Kyanos.6089

Add my name to the list, r1 pally and r1 glad warlock Gostopz, former sk-gaming dota player. https://www.sk-gaming.com/member/hordy

The pvp in this game is pretty boring and getting a solid team hard.

in PvP

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

People been complaining about sPvP since like October at least, almost nothing has changed. I gave it until Jan before i gave up; you’re best off just moving on.

If they had anything substantial planned/ready any time soon, they would be spreading info on it as much as possible just to give people hope and interested instead of vague BS.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

I’ll wait.

Smite is a MOBA. GW2 is an MMO. Smite will have about the same effect LoL had on WoW.

Different games sure, but the infrastructure shouldn’t be any different between competitive Esport games.

Smite doesn’t need to compete with GW2 due to different game type, it doesn’t need to compete at all. GW2 has killed the game itself.

And to be honest, for pure pvp players, the difference between Smite and GW2 would be negligible. Both have no gear grinds, both are in 3 rd person, both are about team play in the5v5 format etc. the moba gameplay style is different, sure. But Smites domination with 3 point capture and hold is almost identical to GW2 conquest mode, only better.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Anet where are you..

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Anet where are you..

Office is closed on weekends. We need to keep this thread up until Monday (though I’m not sure why it was posted on a weekend anyway).

I thought we were getting solo-q’s (though not on a split ranking, let’s not have that argument start over) this update? Or is it next? We had that big thread in here talking about it for a while but I don’t recall a date being placed though it had sounded as if it was coming with the official release of MMR.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate