This is painful

This is painful

in PvP

Posted by: art.1402

art.1402

Here we go. My first threat about ANY VIDEOGAME i have played my whole life. I am just gonna say i have played 10 games since the new "balance patch " has come and the results were … well you guessed it 10 loses. Now i dont care about winning 10 times in a row or losing 10 times in a row, the point is this game is NOT BALANCED. Seven or eight of those loses were against PREMADE TEAMS while i soloQ with other people. Please tell me ARENANET do you think this is good game design ? I also forgot to mention i play since release and i am 80 rank in PVP with alot of games played , like 2k or so if that matters. This screenshot is just example of the results , the highest we got was like 120-30 points in one of the games. Discuss and share your opinions cuz i want to hear them. Have a nice day.

Attachments:

This is painful

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

Necros need a solid team to do well. Their damage needs time to ramp up, and without a team to slow down the enemy damage on you, it is tough.

Now, if you were playing in ranked arena, if the other team is known to be stronger, you would not have lost any rating for this loss.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

This is painful

in PvP

Posted by: tsawr.7905

tsawr.7905

Lose 10 in-a-row? Must be a balance issue and not a lack of skill. Blowout happens, but if it happens consistently then you’d have to figure out that the only consistent thing in each map is you.

This is painful

in PvP

Posted by: longbawl.5072

longbawl.5072

Everyone needs a solid team to do well

This is painful

in PvP

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

Lose 10 in-a-row? Must be a balance issue and not a lack of skill. Blowout happens, but if it happens consistently then you’d have to figure out that the only consistent thing in each map is you.

I can’t imagine he’s the worst player in the game though, or that he’s so bad that there’s no group of 4 players that could carry him over the worst possible team of 5?

OP’s relative skill can be explained by his losing record. But unless OP is trolling, 0 wins in 10 games says more about the matchmaker than OP’s skill, because I refuse to believe anyone could be that bad.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

This is painful

in PvP

Posted by: Trybil.1567

Trybil.1567

I was like 7 wins out of my first 14 unranked PvP matches after patch. Now I am 7 wins for 27, i.e. lost 13 in a row. Either I all of a sudden got worse or the system matching is really bad. The problem I think is that soloQ players don’t stand much of a chance anymore.

This is painful

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

The matcher was essentially turned off tonight. It was throwing people together about as fast as they queued up.

This combat really is designed for teams and team coordinations, on voice communications.

When you have inexperienced players up against groups on Teamspeak, you can EASILY lose every game.

Naive and inexperienced GW2 players commonly say “Well, you were the only variable”. That fails to understand the phenomenon of groups on voice communications being allowed to fight against solo players of lower skill, and no way to communicate except by TYPING while fighting.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

This is painful

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Necros need a solid team to do well. Their damage needs time to ramp up, and without a team to slow down the enemy damage on you, it is tough.

Now, if you were playing in ranked arena, if the other team is known to be stronger, you would not have lost any rating for this loss.

to be clear, teams are awarded points even for losing sometimes. The new system encourages you to play your hardest, even if you’re pretty much guaranteed to lose. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/finding-the-perfect-match/

Basically as long as you score more than 200 points you won’t lose rating, depending on how the system scaled how much probability you had of winning. If you get completely destroyed to the point where you score less than 200 points, you will always lose rating. So make sure you’re not standing in the base on a loss because the more points you get in the game the better the rating reward.

(edited by Chase.8415)

This is painful

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Played 10 games (both ranked and unranked) with pug yesterday and here are the results:

• 6 ranked games: 4 premades (lost) – 2 pug groups (1 win/1 loss)
  • 4 unranked games: 2 premades (lost) – 2 pug groups (2 wins)
  • 6 losses out of 10 against premades
  • Several dragon players in the ranked games (i’m wolf rank)

Basically 6 out of 10 matches were premade vs. pug group. Not really nice when you’re playing on the pug side. So if I say this game mode is unbalanced.. I think I’m right.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

(edited by Sirendor.1394)

This is painful

in PvP

Posted by: Jaetara.4075

Jaetara.4075

I have played a lot of games yesterday as solo and the truth is I have seen some full groups but not many. Most were like 3-2, 4-1 and 2-2-1. Anyways this can happen, the only bad thing is that could be prevented, we don’t need to have instant entries, in my opinion we can w8 2-5 mins to get a more balanced fight.

What really bothered me was 2 specific matches that being in a full pug team I faced the same pre-made twice in a row. And those weren’t any pre-made we are talking about advanced tactics, specific classes, tournament lvl, the score was like 50-500, face roll!
I think full pugs can never meet full groups, should be a restriction! At least put a 2-3 or 4-1 against 5. And put solos with other smaller groups like 2-2-1 or 1-1-1-2.

This is painful

in PvP

art.1402

Just to be clear i never lost 10 in a row befote the patch and thats not really the point here. The point is premade vs soloers SHOULD NOT happen ever , its just bad game design. I dont think anyone would disagree with me on this one.

This is painful

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Just to be clear i never lost 10 in a row befote the patch and thats not really the point here. The point is premade vs soloers SHOULD NOT happen ever , its just bad game design. I dont think anyone would disagree with me on this one.

I win against premades a lot as a solo queuer, and even if you lose you still gain rating against a premade as long as you score more than 200 (assuming the system determined you had a 90% to lose)

This is painful

in PvP

Posted by: Dredrum.2563

Dredrum.2563

I’ve seen more rage quitting in the last week then I have in the last 3 months before the change. Now when solo q’rs get paired against premade high ranked teams the baddies just rage quit. Here’s the kicker, the baddies that are rage quitting aren’t afking so they don’t even get punished. So imho Solo Q is dead if you do not play during prime time, and are playing when there are less people Qing like myself. Because with this new system when there is only a Premade and 5 people qing up it will always match the premade vs the Solo’s which is not even close to an even match, which the new matchmaking system was supposed to be desinged to fix.

This is painful

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

You’re judging the new system by 10 games…there’s your problem.

This is painful

in PvP

art.1402

You’re judging the new system by 10 games…there’s your problem.

I played 15-16 games on necro , 29-30 games on thief , 20 or 30 on ele , 15-16 on guard

This is painful

in PvP

Posted by: Dredrum.2563

Dredrum.2563

He’s not the only one judging here.

This is painful

in PvP

art.1402

Just for the record i played exactly 10 games today with necromancer won 8 of them. The other 2 i lost were both on Courtyard and both were 500-0 rofl.

This is painful

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Actually this happens more than often. I do okayish when on ranked matches such as always having greater than 50% win loss ratio as well as pulling my own weight. But when it comes to unranked matches, suddenly I am expected to win 1 v 3s and 1 v4s while my teammates run around like headless chickens and lose the match. I’ve actually lost 6~9 matches in a row in unranked matches and I thought it was my fault for playing unranked.

Tour

This is painful

in PvP

Posted by: Nezia.8154

Nezia.8154

Here we go. My first threat about ANY VIDEOGAME i have played my whole life. I am just gonna say i have played 10 games since the new "balance patch " has come and the results were … well you guessed it 10 loses. Now i dont care about winning 10 times in a row or losing 10 times in a row, the point is this game is NOT BALANCED. Seven or eight of those loses were against PREMADE TEAMS while i soloQ with other people. Please tell me ARENANET do you think this is good game design ? I also forgot to mention i play since release and i am 80 rank in PVP with alot of games played , like 2k or so if that matters. This screenshot is just example of the results , the highest we got was like 120-30 points in one of the games. Discuss and share your opinions cuz i want to hear them. Have a nice day.

Glad I’m not the only one. Decided to try ranked matches today for the first time and I ended up feeling frustrated as well. 1 win 5losses. D; I wouldn’t say I’m uber skilled but i wouldn’t say I’m uber terrible either. Prepatch when I was playing pvp exclusively, I go between rank 200-1000 for solo arena and 300-1000 for team arena, across 2k(1.5k games team arena, 500 games solo arena) games. Most of the time I queue solo though. I was starting to think I’ve gotten really terrible!

I really love gw2 pvp, but at this rate, I don’t see any point in playing pvp when it gets me more stressed than my job D; I’m a programmer btw (not that it matters) and you know how stressful that is. Haha

If you close your mind to new information, you are not being a productive member of the society.
You are the useless log of flesh we have to drag behind us as we move forward.

This is painful

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Not to lose any rating is not a good argument.

I play with two new player and you know what? They do not care about a rating or premade. They want to play a game where they have a chance to win and have fun. If we play 5 games and lose all games 38:500 or something they will not return on the next day. They do not care about a rating. They want to have fun in PvP.

And I guess this is for the most player. I do not want to win 7 games in a row all 500:xx and look at a table and see how great my rating looks alike. I want to go into a game and have a good game.

This is painful

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

So, here’s the thing…

With any PvP queue in any game, you have to balance fitting the perfect player into the perfect team vs keeping the queue times short.

Until we get a larger playerbase in PvP, you’re going to see a big discrepancy either in quality of matchup or length of queue.

This is painful

in PvP

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

Until we get a larger playerbase in PvP, you’re going to see a big discrepancy either in quality of matchup or length of queue.

ANet has nobody to blame but itself for the small PvP playerbase. Until then, players who have had bad experiences will rightly keep speaking up about those bad experiences.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

This is painful

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

It is hard to believe that the op is so bad that he has that sort of effect on a game. Truth is he was likely placed in comps where he was facing a mob of stronger players playing cheese builds over and over.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

This is painful

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

It is hard to believe that the op is so bad that he has that sort of effect on a game. Truth is he was likely placed in comps where he was facing a mob of stronger players playing cheese builds over and over.

Not to mention his opponents in groups communicating in TeamSpeak lightning fast about where to go, how many, and what to take next.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

This is painful

in PvP

art.1402

Wow i get alot of support which is unexpected , i thought i was gonna get flamed. Anyway i am experiencing the same thing today in SOLOq , random premades kitten us , then i get placed with people who dont use teamchat and roam with guardians and engies all over the map , going 3 man to take down trebu , double capping home at start ( even triple cap one of the games lol ) and so on. I really hope anet makes some changes soon cuz this is just not working.