This matchmaking - What a disaster.

in PvP

Posted by: theoutsider.7849

theoutsider.7849

Everyone knew this was going to be a disaster. Arenanet just had to prove everyone right, like they always do. “hurr durr I’m an elite pvp dev and I know things best” → 1 day uptime, 3 forum pages of complaints.

Why can’t you ever learn from your and other MMOs mistakes? It’s not like this exact same thing hasn’t happened in so many other games before..

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

I think they said match making is disabled until dec 16.

So basically ranked = unraked until dec. 16?

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

Skyhammer, my team was a 4 man premade against a full pug.

End score: 500-93.

Thanks for participating in this fun game.

And the sad thing is

That match, was one of the ‘closest’ games I’ve actually played.

in PvP

Khenzo.2465

Next game, 3 eles on enemy team, all soloq.

Where is this class distribution? : /

in PvP

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Hi. Please stop complaining so quickly. You will be ignored quite fast. Perhaps instead of continuing to complain in a separate post, combine all your thoughts into one and add it to the millions of other threads that will pop up about pvp concerns. Anet has a few kinks to work out. The class distribution thing they’ve already talked about and they admitted that they’re testing out the match scores and map popularities.

At the moment, people are voting for courtyard to be trolls or because it’s the new thing to do. I personally asked my team how many voted for courtyard in a solo q group and one person said they did. That meant that 4/5 of the opposing team did as well, yet they lost terribly. I don’t think they knew what the map was really going to be about. They weren’t prepared. They should be prepared next time. Give it a week or two.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Noah.9654

Noah.9654

+1 for Melanion. Stop complaining so much as you’re not helping the situation at all. I really wish more of the GW2 playerbase understood basic computer science. There is/will always be a few bugs after every new release. The devs have stated over and over that there is a problem with matchmaking program. Do people think that if they complain enough, ANet will be able to just snap their fingers and make everything better? That isn’t how coding works, my friend.

Even with the matchmaking error, PvP as a whole has been SUBSTANTIALLY better than what it was last week. I have not run into a single 4v5 (and those who have can rest assured in knowing that the leaver either has to come back or get an upgraded stack of dishonor), most games are pretty competitive and take a lot more skill, I’m able to have an actual say in the map I play in, and I’m able to just have some good ol’ zergfest fun in CY.

Seriously, its been one day. Chill.

“Exceed your limits, and dance.”

in PvP

Khenzo.2465

I’d rather have the odd 4v5

Than endure endless 500-50 blow outs.

And no, I will spam this forum every blow out until anything done to resolve it is in place.

in PvP

Posted by: Noah.9654

Noah.9654

I’d rather have the odd 4v5

Than endure endless 500-50 blow outs.

And no, I will spam this forum every blow out until anything done to resolve it is in place.

Then you will be spamming for quite a while. 2-3 weeks iirc. In the meantime, nobody will really listen to you as you’re doing nothing constructive.

“Exceed your limits, and dance.”

in PvP

Posted by: Sebastian.4610

Sebastian.4610

old system was fine, just needed the ready check button to prevent 4v5’s and possibly the leaderboard and ranking revamp. new system punishes players that queue solo and doesnt work. GG

A player queued solo should never face 2,3,4,5 man groups. EVER.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Yes, I do also think it’s unreasonable.

They do not know the proper settings yet. They have to see how the complex settings work on real matches. That is just the way it is with complicated software.

+1

This thread has a lot of constructive feedback in it though. Hopefully that isn’t drowned out by this guy.

The fact is there is some bug in play which is effecting things greatly. Either it is a bug or the algorithm is making some massive mistake. That is all we know.

We also know these things happen and that generally this patch is really good. But currently it is kind of unplayable at times due to the matchmaking.

I never knew gw2 pvp had so many players lol.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Khenzo.2465

Another Courtyard blowout. ;’ D

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

That’s courtyard though.. courtyard should have never made it into ranked/unranked, should go the way of raid on capricorn.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Evan the spread of player skill is just too wide at the moment. I can 1v2 their team and their team can 1v2 mine. That says it all really….

This is pretty much the heart of the problem imho

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.