Tier list (for now)

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

If you are not sure what to play and what will be or won’t be meta, when ranked will be open again, then this is a list for you.

God Tier – only other from god tier can defeat god tier class (or when they are massively outnumbered or can’t play their class). These classes are hugely OP and should be nerfed heavily, but for now, they rule pvp:
Any Daredevil
Power/ Bruiser Scrapper
Any Druid

Top Tier – right behind are these, while still extremely strong, they normally can’t do much about higher tier classes:
Power Herald
Bruiser Tempest
Any Chronomancer

Mid Tier – they are on verge of not being meta. Would recommend to avoid playing these, unless you are very good with them. They still can shine, but not as those above:
Any Berserker
Power Dragon Hunter
Power/ Condition Tempest
Condition Herald
Condition Scrapper
Condition Reaper

Low Tier – welp, these will not be meta and you will waste everyone’s time playing these, because other teammates will have to carry your dead weight:
Mostly All Core Classes
Power Reaper
Condition Dragon Hunter

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Rap Tiger.1257

Rap Tiger.1257

I do not know how you thought this list, more power reaper is good, because many guild Spvp tested and is as good as that playing condition, and reaper condition is also not bad because it took a small nerf chill.

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

lol im pretty sure it goes condi chronomancer → rev → everything else

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

I do not know how you thought this list, more power reaper is good, because many guild Spvp tested and is as good as that playing condition, and reaper condition is also not bad because it took a small nerf chill.

Small chill nerf? Reaper were pretty strong to fight against before this update, not they are running meat. Child uptime nerfed, child no longer deals damage, bleeds are much easier to cleanse. Can’t meet a single strong reaper now, and having one in the team is pretty much GG signal.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

lol im pretty sure it goes condi chronomancer -> rev -> everything else

^ Very much this. Condi Chronos have a ridiculous amount of sustain and utility. Nothing else really comes close.

I honestly feel like if chronos were brought in line, balance overall may not be that bad.

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

How are Druids/Rangers any good with SnR out of the picture now? What kind of build are they running.

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I would say:

• Absolutely essential: Rev, Ele
  • Very good: Mesmer, Ranger
  • Good: Necro, Engi, Thief, Warr
  • Annoying but uncompetitive: Guardian

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

You have to remember that a class isn’t just judged on its 1v1 potential, otherwise Power Shiro would be undisputedly top tier.

Here’s my list:

Top tier:

1. Mender’s Aura Tempest. Their air and fire overloads remain strong enough to make stomps and rezzes unsafe while maintaining good healing and cleanse potential. A well timed obsidian flesh can ensure a safe stomp. Despite being relatively weak in 1v1 (overloads can be avoided and waited out, wash the pain away can be interrupted)it more than makes up for it in disengage (eye of the storm, lightning flash, and earth overload are great) and team fight support via healing, zoning, and aurashares.

2. Scrapper. Their dueling potential is superior to the Tempest as they have more interrupts and better damage while still keeping great mobility and defensive options. Their overall healing is weaker than Tempest however, but gyros add lots of good team support putting scrapper in at a close second.

3.Chronomancer. They can slow down enemy cooldowns while speeding up allies’ cooldown. Portals also mitigate low mobility classes’ weaknesses. Lots of confusion and torment stacking, excellent 1v1 potential. A tactical moa form can also turn the tide of a critical teamfight, perhaps too well…

Mid tier-

4.Power Shiro. The boon sharing is great and is almost top tier but alas, there are three classes and power Shiro lacks the group healing and utility to displace chronomancer. Excellent in duels and still has great boonsharing utility. Lots of great interrupts, AoE CC, reveal, and burst damage. Self healing however is kinda lame.

5.Mender’s Druid. Longbow is a great ranged weapon, but lots of projectile hate means its use needs to be strategic and careful. Staff is the weapon of choice and has some great healing abilities. The real meat of the class however is its CA form and its awesome cleanses and CC via black hole and solar beam. A strong dueling class. Pets can do some nice damage if you know how to use them. Tempest overall has more utilities.

6. Reaper. Their condition damage is simply sick. You can cleanse a condi bomb only for it to be replaced by a similar condi bomb. A very strong dueling class and the longer a fight drags on the higher their advantage becomes as the enemy needs to focus on healing and conditions while a second HP bar means reaper can afford to play aggressively as the tankier you are the less risky aggressive play becomes. I don’t have one myself but I’ve seen what they can do. Having defeated some on Power Shiro however I must say that aggressive play with the correct skills being dodged leads to an advantage for the reaper’s opponent. Without careful and accurate play however the Reaper should win. Heavy access to chill (still a strong condition) means the Reaper can watch a chill get cleansed and reapply it to ensure he’ll get in melee range.

Low tier:

7.Berserker. Good at duels and if they can manage their defensive cooldowns well and spec tanky they can last quite awhile. Otherwise don’t offer much in the way of group healing or support.

8.Daredevil. Has a heavy onus of skill so it’s more important for him than his opponent to be skilled as dueling mistakes can be quite unforgiving. Still has top mobility and decap and +1 potential, but not much in the way of teamfight support other than poison field.

9.Dragonhunter. I have defeated some dragonhunters in duels on my teamfight oriented Tempest and traps are easy enough to avoid. While a good anything can be trouble is still squarely a bronzestomper. Once players figure out the gimmick then most Dragonhunters become harmless. The class needs some buffs but admittedly has some decent crowd control. With the proper buffs has potential to be the best or second best zoner (behind A well oriented Chrono as wells are quite strong especially Gravity Well and the CD can be reset) in the game with his traps by creating unsafe stomps, rezzes, and discouraging opponents from certain areas like stairs on the way to a side node in Khylo or near waterfall in Legacy.

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I find it funny that you think thief is god tier. Most people considered thief trash last season, and now they had their damage buffed maybe 5% (condi 15%), and they are god tier. Funny enough, the only easy thief build (d/d condi) is only good in unranked and hotjoin. When the ranked season starts back up, I expect to see another wave of terrible thieves to make people hate having them in their teams. I don’t think thieves are much better off this season than last. However, I thought they were viable last season and they should be strong again this season.

Thief was a good counter to necro last season, but there are going to be a lot less necros this season. DH was decent against thief last season, and now thieves are less easy for them to punish in teamfights. I really don’t see what exactly has changed to shift them from trash tier to god tier. Some players discovered d/d (3 skill)?

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

I read your posts from time to time and I find it harder and harder to take you serious.
People putting druid and thief in a ‘god tier’…its just laughable.
Sometimes I wonder if my view on chrono is just as biased and I only cant beat them because I dont believe I can…
Anyways this is ridiculous. The lower part of the list is ok, but the entire ‘god’ tier doesnt exist. All classes there are either top or mid.

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

I read your posts from time to time and I find it harder and harder to take you serious.
Sometimes I wonder if my view on chrono is just as biased and I only cant beat them because I dont believe I can…
Anyways this is ridiculous. The lower part of the list is ok, but the entire ‘god’ tier doesnt exist. All classes there are either top or mid.

And you say, that i am hard to believe. God tier does exists and, at least for now, it belongs to certain classes.

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

too early for this

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Asrat.2645

And you say, that i am hard to believe. God tier does exists and, at least for now, it belongs to certain classes.

No. There is no class that is not beatable. A chrono will give you an extremely hard fight, even in 2v1. An ele is hard to kill if you dont bring proper burst.
A rev is extremely dangerous if you eat a burst and can still survive the worst hits.
But all of them are beatable. They are strong, might even broken, but by no means a ‘god’ tier.
All of them have weaknesses. All of them have counters. All of them bleed and all of them die.

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

No. There is no class that is not beatable. A chrono will give you an extremely hard fight, even in 2v1. An ele is hard to kill if you dont bring proper burst.
A rev is extremely dangerous if you eat a burst and can still survive the worst hits.
But all of them are beatable. They are strong, might even broken, but by no means a ‘god’ tier.
All of them have weaknesses. All of them have counters. All of them bleed and all of them die.

Check the list and then come back again. If it is too hard to understand, here a help: talking about equal skill level. Of course the greatest reaper in the world can tear down the worst druid in the world. It doesn’t make any sense, if we don’t talk about equal skill level.
You should be thief or druid main, i assume.

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Engi>mesm hype

M I L K B O I S

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

i really dont think druids are god tier. not with all the condis flying around.

i am however noticing some pretty obnoxious daredevil builds out there. hopefully i figure it out, but im getting a bit worried.

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Asrat.2645

Check the list and then come back again. If it is too hard to understand, here a help: talking about equal skill level. Of course the greatest reaper in the world can tear down the worst druid in the world. It doesn’t make any sense, if we don’t talk about equal skill level.

How about this:
a)Make a thief
b)Play on a dueling server for a few hours.
c)Come back here.

Until then:

Attachments:

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

too early for this

Very true and the wide variety of opinions here kinda confirms this.

However, I don’t see any reason why mesmer won’t be as OP as it was last season, especially for anyone solo queueing.

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

None of your God Tiers belong, in fact, simply switch the Top and God tier and you’ll have a ten thousand times more accurate list

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: velvetblanc.9140

velvetblanc.9140

None of your God Tiers belong, in fact, simply switch the Top and God tier and you’ll have a ten thousand times more accurate list

^

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

God tier does exists and, at least for now, it belongs to certain classes.

Indeed, God Tier does exist, but I think your definition is a bit off. It should read:

“It takes a god playing this profession before it can be competitive.”

But seriously… your God Tier list deserves this song…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sgk-ZYxKxM

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

(edited by Kageseigi.2150)

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Marius.3185

Marius.3185

How about we agree that ‘god tier’ in individual perception is more or less what we find hard to play against. I’d place meta mesmer there just about as much as a warr. I find it too soon to classify builds with so much definitiveness…

I main the warr and I found some builds with the new regen to be incredible – just incredible. Healing 500 per second almost constantly shouldn’t be allowed I really believe shoutheal will return for warr along with the buffed warhorn (sage amulet and sword / longbow and you are a bunker with tons of aoe cleanses and heal and can still apply condi pressure). And this is far from it’s only option

Mesmer has a bit too much damage mitigation, incredible utility with the moa and cc’s and damage all in one. I’d tone down the moa (maybe remove 2 secs from it) and maybe 1/2 secs from shields block and test it out. I think it would be reasonable.

But all this is worthless – since the balance patch for the league is going to be tested on unranked pvp. Because theory crafting only takes you so far… It’s so counter-intuitive it’s amazing.

Btw – how is druid god-tier? Now that the search and rescue has been nerfed – what was he before ? Titan-level?

(edited by Marius.3185)

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

…god tier is mesmer….semi god tier is ele and rev…good tier is druid and scrapper ,decent tier is guard and thief and necro, worst tier is warrior

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Marius.3185

…god tier is mesmer….semi god tier is ele and rev…good tier is druid and scrapper ,decent tier is guard and thief and necro, worst tier is warrior

This is why you cannot take tier lists seriously. With all due respect you have no idea what you’re talking about

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

How about this:
a)Make a thief
b)Play on a dueling server for a few hours.
c)Come back here.

Until then:

Took me some time to get it. Lol.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Regon plays a Reaper and wants the class that are at all difficult for him to manage nerfed so he can face roll again

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

lighter.2708

This is why you cannot take tier lists seriously. With all due respect you have no idea what you’re talking about

I’d place meta mesmer there just about as much as a warr.

guess who doesnt have any idea at all about pvp, you clearly don’t understand why mesmer is put in god tier and what’s it’s role in organized team

(edited by lighter.2708)

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Marius.3185

It’s what I just reinforced. You’re all too definitive – though we can all agree on the mesmer.

I meant it as a first impression. And that’s because of the portal and moa I cannot place mesmer anywhere else then number one at this point. Just the portal gives access to plays that can decide the fate of the game and are impossible to mimic by any other classess

And no – you are no authority after you place guard above warrior. Just for this one I can be definitive about Being 2 classess I have good experience with I can firmly say guard is out and warr’s back in

(edited by Marius.3185)

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

lighter.2708

It’s what I just reinforced. You’re all too definitive – though we can all agree on the mesmer.

I meant it as a first impression. And that’s because of the portal and moa I cannot place mesmer anywhere else then number one at this point. Just the portal gives access to plays that can decide the fate of the game and are impossible to mimic by any other classess

And no – you are no authority after you place guard above warrior. Just for this one I can be definitive about

see, you clearly don’t understand a thing if you think warrior is above guard
i don’t see how by first impression you see mesmer and war are equal even without moa or portal
and war is back in in what? in meta? more like back in lowend gameplay

(edited by lighter.2708)

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Marius.3185

Can’t compete with you friend. Please give a bit of reasoning why warr is so bad otherwise it’s useless to just throw statements at me. Nothing will stick.

I’m actually open to discussion, but you just state things. Don’t really understand what you mean. So why is warr so bad ? Explain in detail so someone will actually take you seriously if you’re gonna bother to come on forum and just post a list just like that…

And yes – I do have a problem right now testing the warr. And it’s called unranked. So I posted everything as an impression. Adrenal health changes how the warr works – having an almost permanent buffed up healing signet active tends to do that. But I can’t take much input when I’m stomping everyone with full hp and it takes 3 people to kill me in less then 30 secs

(edited by Marius.3185)

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

This. Except I haven’t seen anyone playing bruiser tempest except me. Most of them run the usual tanky support clerics tempest.

One question I would like to pose to OP.. How experienced are you in sPvP? You don’t sound very credible here.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Asrat.2645

Have to agree with marius here.
Tho maybe not exactly ‘god tier’ warrior is certainly making a comeback.
They are still not easy to play and they can be beaten, but they are much stronger than most people think.
Im not sure if were gonna see them in esl, but I do think they will have one of the next ‘meta’ builds.

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

mistsim.2748

warrior is definitely back in. already saw some good Hambow action, by some of the better players.

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

100% correct. The list in the original post is not very good.

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

Tier 0: Condi Mesmer, Power Rev

Tier 1: Auramancer, Bunker Druid

Tier 2: Condi Reaper, Thief/DD

Tier 3: Scrappers, Warriors/Zerkers, Guardian/DH

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Tier 0: Condi Mesmer, Power Rev

Tier 1: Auramancer, Bunker Druid

Tier 2: Condi Reaper, Thief/DD

Tier 3: Scrappers, Warriors/Zerkers, Guardian/DH

Don’t count Scrappers out so easily. I think they’d easily fit into Tier 2 on your list. Been playing basically the same Scrapper build, just swapping out Paladin’s ammy for Mender’s and Slick Shoes for Blast Gyro, and it works great still.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

mistsim.2748

scrappers are top tier. like they were before the patch. just less condis, and more power. insane amounts of sustain, and decent damage. same crap, different packaging (different amulet).

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

What is “bruiser” tempest anyway?

Alerie Despins

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

scrappers are top tier. like they were before the patch. just less condis, and more power. insane amounts of sustain, and decent damage. same crap, different packaging (different amulet).

Less condis….what? It’s always been a power spec as far as the meta goes. And their survival and damage isn’t insane. It’s actually fairly balanced. Could probably still shave some damage off Hammer still, but it is in a pretty good spot. I think alot of that old bias is just still floating around.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

mistsim.2748

what? no it hasnt. the best scrapper builds were cele.

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

1. Power Rev / Condi mesmer
2. Bunker Ele’s / Druids / Thiefs / Scrappers / Reapers
3. Guardians / Warriors

Honestly it is hard to make a true distinction between for example thieves and reapers. Tier 2 profs have their different roles so its hard to compare. These 3 tiers are how I see it in terms of usefulness in PvP.

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

what? no it hasnt. the best scrapper builds were cele.

People ran Cele just because it had a nice mix of Precision and Healing Power.

Inventions/Alchemy/Scrapper has minimal condition access. Mostly blind and chill.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Cannabrah.7842

Cannabrah.7842

1. Power Rev / Condi mesmer
2. Bunker Ele’s / Druids / Thiefs / Scrappers / Reapers
3. Guardians / Warriors

Honestly it is hard to make a true distinction between for example thieves and reapers. Tier 2 profs have their different roles so its hard to compare. These 3 tiers are how I see it in terms of usefulness in PvP.

I’d actually put them in 4 tiers but kinda how you ranked them.
1. Pwr Rev / Condi Mes
2. Cleric ele / Druid
3. Thiefs, Condi Reapers, Scrappers
4. Guardians, Warriors

I keep hearing that warrior might make it to t3 but not without ele and/or druid supporting.

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Power Rev is still really strong, but I’m not sure about it remaining top tier if mesmer, which is a direct counter, is there too.

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

1. Mesmer Revenant Druid
2. Ele
3. Reaper Scrapper Warrior Thief
4. Guardian

Grimkram [sS]

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon plays a Reaper and wants the class that are at all difficult for him to manage nerfed so he can face roll again

Regon plays guardian. And you seem like a thief player – facerolling all day, killing everyone easily, but afraid to get broth down to power of other classes, because you enjoy playing OP class.

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

People will be surprised af once they see warrior in the “meta” used by “pros” bc they cant think nor make build on their own.. Tier 3.. haha ok.

See ya soon calling on nerfs to war.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

People will be surprised af once they see warrior in the “meta” used by “pros” bc they cant think nor make build on their own.. Tier 3.. haha ok.

It doesn’t change the fact that power and condi warr are inferior to rev when it comes to DPS, +1 potential and team support. Shoutbow is also quite inferior to tempest and you can clearly see why tempest brings a kittenload more support than Shoutbow will ever be able to unless they give shoutbow massive protection spam, and auras.

Warr still has nothing it is absolutely superior at when compared to other classes with designated roles. We might see some shoutbows but I doubt anybody’s gonna disagree with the fact its just an inferior ele and perhaps a rival to druid but with much less DPS.

Ghetto buff to sustain doesn’t change the fact that the class is either 100% selfish and completely focused around 1v1’ing or teamfight DPS through Condis or CC pressure while lacking the support other classes with similar roles can bring, or a support build with absolute trash DPS, whose support effectiveness is somewhat questionable in the first place when compared to other classes competing for the role.

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

(edited by Rekt.5360)

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

there will be no warrs in PL

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

Tier list (for now)

in PvP

Posted by: Gibimo.2193

Gibimo.2193

let’s talk about your division and your whole pvp expereince before we talk about tier list

(edited by Gibimo.2193)