Tired of hoping

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Ill try and keep this short.

I REALLY REALLY love this game, or rather, the potential this game has.

After just under 3K hours in less than 2 years I have very much gotten to enjoy every part of this game.
Every game has its flaws. We all know it, most accept it, others whine about it. I normally defended it in the hopes and trust that it will get rectified, by it I mean everything wrong in PvP.
This latest patch(23rd of June) was just the last hope starting to fade.

Issues that I am tired of :
Poor MMR. Don’t need to elaborate.

Poor leaderboards. Don’t need to elaborate.

Infrequent and poor balance. Hell half the time balance is forced by incessant whining from the community which then results in a half kittened overnerf.

Empty promises. 2 weekly balance patches never happened. Stop saying stuff that you can not possibly stick to.

Poor Dev presence, beyond Grouch, cudos Grouch, you are awesome, wish you could do more!

AFK and trolling not being discouraged via punishment system. I can not tell you how many games the initial teamfight goes badly and a person decides this is lost and AFKs.

Bugs that have been ongoing for YEARS. This latest patch was a major overhaul that should have been the perfect opportunity to FIX stuff that has been broken for the longest time, immobilize in mid air, AI (since this is something they worked on and even advertised), pathing issues.
Instead a whole bunch of new stuff that will likely never get fixed was added. Some of the most prominent.
Engineer Magnet is unreliable, using it and it not working has gotten me killed more times than I can count.
Movement skills are a mess, causing teleports and desyncs, also pointless if you already have swiftness since you don’t even gain ground, you sometimes lose ground even.
Invis bugs that are constantly popping up.
I could go on and on and on about bugs but those are the ones that annoy me the most.

I don’t want to hear about X time or Y busy and HoT this and HoT that. IRRELEVANT, this was an issue long before that excuse was even a thing, not to mention balance should have its own team that would rarely be required on new content like HoT.

Should I stop playing? I don’t want to stop, I love it, remember?
But staying in hope any longer is just converting love into frustration, which if it continues, will turn into hatred, which will tarnish my good times in GW2 completely.

TLDR : I am tired of hoping that ANET actually starts working on PvP in a serious sense instead of just doing things based on community outcry or an overnerf of something every 6months to a year.

EDIT : Before people start saying, no, you can’t have my things… I’m poor anyway.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

(edited by Novuake.2691)

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

I would like to troll you and say “y u no like eSportz?”

But since I have a bit of Deja Vu feeling coming from your post, I won’t.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

Agreed, i’ve stopped playing and alot of friends have as well.

If you enjoy the game by all means continue to enjoy and play it, it’s just there’s so much stuff wrong with PvP and after waiting many years for obvious fixes it’s clear there is no intention to bring this game to what it should be.

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

If you enjoy the game by all means continue to enjoy and play it, it’s just there’s so much stuff wrong with PvP and after waiting many years for obvious fixes it’s clear there is no intention to bring this game to what it should be.

Just curious, why are you still on the forum if you stopped playing? Or do you mean PvP specifically?

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I am heartened by some of the changes. Mesmer is finally not trash tier. This is my favorite game at over 5 k hours.

Still, I have to admit. ANET doesn’t seem very responsive. My major issue is that they keep pushing toward arcade game skills, rather than strategy and management skills.

Mesmerising Girl

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Novuake.2691

Oh forgot to mention the skill queueing bug is HELLISH on Engineer.

@Ithilwen.1529

Except Mesmer just swapped places with Engi and Ranger is still considered terrible.
So that heartens you but other people expect to be stuck in a crappy situation with their main for months to come, if not longer.

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

ArenaNet is trying to make an Esport THEN PvP.

All the problems EVERYONE is currently having with PvP is because ArenaNet is trying to make an Esport from a PvP that has to many problems. They even allowed teams to abuse the weapon stowing ele exploit in the PvP finals. League of Legends will ban entire teams if one player is caught cheating.

It doesn’t matter how great your PvP is ArenaNet, League of Legends didn’t become an Esport because Riot tried to, it’s because the COMMUNITY wanted to. Sports are created by the players, not the makers. It doesn’t matter how good your game is, it’ll never become a sport when you don’t have a strong community.

But hell, I doubt ArenaNet pays much attention. Where is the PvP community manager? Oh, there is none.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

All the problems EVERYONE is currently having with PvP is because ArenaNet is trying to make an Esport from a PvP that has to many problems. They even allowed teams to abuse the weapon stowing ele exploit in the PvP finals. League of Legends will ban entire teams if one player is caught cheating.

It doesn’t matter how great your PvP is ArenaNet, League of Legends didn’t become an Esport because Riot tried to, it’s because the COMMUNITY wanted to. Sports are created by the players, not the makers. It doesn’t matter how good your game is, it’ll never become a sport when you don’t have a strong community.

But hell, I doubt ArenaNet pays much attention.

Dude half the people here can’t land focus 5 on necro…. lol L2P issues.

Necromancer Main

(edited by Zoso.8279)

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Just curious, why are you still on the forum if you stopped playing? Or do you mean PvP specifically?

Just because people quit a game or a mode doesn’t mean the relinquish all ties. Some still watch and hope for the fixes that would encourage their return. Some still stick around and voice their opinions in hopes for the fixes that would encourage their return.

I’ve always wondered why people would assume that because you quit you clearly have no place being on the forums discussing the game. One would think you would rather have these people lurking in hopes that the fix they were hoping for happens so they then return and bring more populace to that particular mode and the game in general.

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

Just because people quit a game or a mode doesn’t mean the relinquish all ties. Some still watch and hope for the fixes that would encourage their return. Some still stick around and voice their opinions in hopes for the fixes that would encourage their return.

I’ve always wondered why people would assume that because you quit you clearly have no place being on the forums discussing the game. One would think you would rather have these people lurking in hopes that the fix they were hoping for happens so they then return and bring more populace to that particular mode and the game in general.

Makes sense. legitimately wanted to know.

(edited by GrandHaven.1052)

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

… The hell you talking about?

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Necro? L2P?
DS Anyone?

Keep in mind that some professions are harder to master than others. I believe Necro is the hardest, opinions may vary, but just keep this in mind. No we arent ignoring Necro, but once people start mastering DS, I’m afraid of how strong Necro will be. Give it some time for the average player to learn these things. For example early on in LOL master yi was dominant until people learned how to counter him.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Necro? L2P?
DS Anyone?

Keep in mind that some professions are harder to master than others. I believe Necro is the hardest, opinions may vary, but just keep this in mind. No we arent ignoring Necro, but once people start mastering DS, I’m afraid of how strong Necro will be. Give it some time for the average player to learn these things. For example early on in LOL master yi was dominant until people learned how to counter him.

Lol nekrouw tow stronk nerph pweas. Focus 5 too HARD!

Necromancer Main

(edited by Zoso.8279)

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Necro? L2P?
DS Anyone?

I tried not to join but that’s a strong bait that’s permanent Jon. How long does it take them though?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Novuake.2691

Necro? L2P?
DS Anyone?

Wait, DS as in Death Shroud? Is that legit? Link me? Cuz DS is far from “hard”.

EDIT : I see it is legit. WTF Jon?

Targeted fear. Targeted auto. 8sec CD. 5 target AOE no skill press on 4 and 5… Thats about as unskilled as it gets…

(edited by Novuake.2691)

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Click on the Quote’s header (the name), and it’ll take you to the post. It’s legit, was posted ~2 years ago.

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Let me clear this up for John, DS take approx 3.5 yrs to master so they still got time !

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

Let me clear this up for John, DS take approx 3.5 yrs to master so they still got time !

Oh dear, I kitten near fell out my chair.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Novuake.2691

Necro? L2P?
DS Anyone?

I think you are in the wrong thread mate…
L2P has no bearing here.

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Necro? L2P?
DS Anyone?

L2P has no bearing here.

I disagree.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Novuake.2691

Necro? L2P?
DS Anyone?

L2P has no bearing here.

I disagree.

I will indulge you then.

How does L2P apply to my mentioned frustrations?
Poor MMR. Maybe a little bearing here.
Poor leaderboards
Infrequent and poor balance
Empty promises
Poor Dev presence
AFK and trolling not being discouraged via punishment system
Bugs

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Velimere.7685

Necro? L2P?
DS Anyone?

L2P has no bearing here.

I disagree.

I will indulge you then.

How does L2P apply to my mentioned frustrations?
Poor MMR. Maybe a little bearing here.
Poor leaderboards
Infrequent and poor balance
Empty promises
Poor Dev presence
AFK and trolling not being discouraged via punishment system
Bugs

How are you indulging me? Instead your asking me how a message directed at one thing related to another thing. I really don’t feel all that indulged I must say.

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Novuake.2691

How are you indulging me? Instead your asking me how a message directed at one thing related to another thing. I really don’t feel all that indulged I must say.

I am confused?

L2P is relevant but not relevant to the OP?

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Velimere.7685

I am confused?

L2P is relevant but not relevant to the OP?

I am confused. The person you quoted was clearly responding to the discussion posts regarding Necromancer, and you replied to him as though he was responding to something else entirely. If you wanted to address the Necromancer discussion itself, it would’ve been more pertinent to address all of its participants or at the very least the original message of it.

(edited by Velimere.7685)

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Novuake.2691

A quote from same person earlier…

I quoted the wrong thing. My bad.

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: hisorange.3957

hisorange.3957

Right now ANet advertising $50.000 price for WTS, the ESL cup spends thousands weekly on rising attention toward GW2 as eSport.

But if some1 buying GW2 now and starts to play PvP will get wrecked for months because we don’t even have a fair queue system, we have half done traits and builds live in game because elite specializations are not yet been released but half of the traits already opted to work with them.

The necromancer AI bug is day 0 bug and we never even got a promise to fix it, it’s like here is class which supposed to be themed as a “summoner” but the minions are more like sculptures which sometime accidently start to move…

I played this game for 3 year now, and I wish I can go back the times when we had a trashy PvP Server Browser NPC only cuz the new “game modes” are unfinished and not even well designed from the base start.

We get stronghold in HoT! Yay? No, the community even the pro players avoiding it…

ANet acting like a rich kid with PvP, “Here is my money, now make it popular!”

Community feedback? Not gona happen, the PvP forum only here for our amusement, there are actual really nicely worked out and well planned system change suggestions in here, but all of them being ignored. Just like this post / thread.

At the end of the day, we all have a small rant thread but none of them will ever bring changes.

(I still play daily 5-10 matches but that’s the max cuz I can’t stand the full premade, voice com, buggy, unbalanced and daily * class games any longer)

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

Empty promises. 2 weekly balance patches never happened. Stop saying stuff that you can not possibly stick to.

Actually on that one they have done patches every 2 weeks since the June 23rd patch.

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

Stronghold will be a God send being objective based. I laugh at the PvP scrubs that call Stronghold PvE, they must not understand League of Legends, a REAL Esport because it actually has objectives other than go here, fight, rotate.

Right now the current state of PvP there is every reason to go full zerkers in tournaments, with team focus fire it doesn’t matter how tanky your stats are, with a little focus any build will melt quickly.

Ironically, in Stronghold that was NOT the case. A warrior uses rampage to engage I just backed off, snared what I did and grabbed some supplies, the poor warrior couldn’t do anything but chase me while kited with fiery GS. In any other game mode, I would be punished for abandoning a point just because how impossible it is to hold a point against Rampage. That is what you call BAD GAME DESIGN, do not punish me for not holding a point against the most powerful elite skill the game.

I absolutely LOVE this new meta, however, conquest does not support it at all. In Stronghold every team that was running near full glass we beat in under 5 minutes. There was nothing glassy teams could do, because players were not restricted to fighting in a certain area (or restricted to fighting at all!) and allowed us to play around glassy spikes, instead of playing against.

But no, we got ArenaNet making videos of their skilled teams, all 3 or 4 of them (LOL, really? What happened to Ostrich Eggs?) while Riot in League of Legends made an entirely new high tier (the master tier) because there were so many skilled players competing for the top.

The problem is this:

But hell, what do we know? Keep throwing away $50,000 ArenaNet, those 6,000 viewers in Twitch will net you like 40 bucks return. The finals for League has 30 million viewers on Twitch, G-G.

That $50,000 could be used to pay some competent designer or at least a god kitten play tester for a year, make PvP an awesome place.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Novuake.2691

Actually on that one they have done patches every 2 weeks since the June 23rd patch.

Updates sure. Do they really contain changes we could considrr balance updates though?

Edit: just checked. Last update was a week late. Which isnt an issue if they were to communicate it like other competitive games do.

(edited by Novuake.2691)

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

From reading your posts in this thread, OP you are confusing.

You say that objectives are important but you also don’t want to be punished for leaving a point against a powerful elite. Your objective was to hold that point…

You say that there is no reason to not go full zerk because some focus by more people will melt you anyway? Have you ever played a pvp match? Have you heard of roles? Have you seen a good bunker at work? I assume you haven’t.

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Necro? L2P?
DS Anyone?

EDIT : I see it is legit. WTF Jon?

Targeted fear. Targeted auto. 8sec CD. 5 target AOE no skill press on 4 and 5… Thats about as unskilled as it gets…

Its hard because it functions as both an offensive and defensive mechanic, meaning that you have to decide whether its best to burn your resources to kill something, or save it in hopes of being ready when jumped. Furthermore, aside from flesh wurm teleports, DS is your only defensive mechanic, so it can’t be properly misused. Granted it varies from build to build, but its a strong mechanic that lets you literally skew 1v1s in your favor by stacking life force. While the skills may be on the simplistic side, the concept is very much complicated resource management that has to be used both offensively and defensively.

I’d say that the main issue with DS is that its defensive prowess is tied to your stats, meaning that its ability as a defensive mechanic is pretty weak on carrion and marauder builds, hence why the necro meta is celestial with some soldiers builds on the side. Your build dictates whether it works more defensively or offensively.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Novuake.2691

From reading your posts in this thread, OP you are confusing.

You say that objectives are important but you also don’t want to be punished for leaving a point against a powerful elite. Your objective was to hold that point…

You say that there is no reason to not go full zerk because some focus by more people will melt you anyway? Have you ever played a pvp match? Have you heard of roles? Have you seen a good bunker at work? I assume you haven’t.

Uh. Might wanna reread that.
I wasn’t the one that said that.

Nor is he completely wrong in what he said…

@nearlight. The skills defensive and offensive possibilities apply to so many other skills as well, nothing special about ds skills making it far from uniquely difficult, not even a little.

(edited by Novuake.2691)

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: hisorange.3957

hisorange.3957

I can agree that, there is nothing hard or unique in DS. But when necros playing 1v1 the winner always gona be who knows when and why to deploy their skills, not just random button smashing.

For very basic example in the start of each match i put down 4 marks get enough LF to deploy DS for an instant DS3 skill and leave it within a second so me and all of my minions get protection, small tricks can do big difference.

Some useing DS as a DPS form some useing it as a deffensive form, it is a really cool and smart skill, you can pull condis from your mates getting pressure out of them while getting LF for yourself.

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

… The hell you talking about?

Learn to Read issues.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Novuake.2691

If nothing is done about burning today and I am out.
Also expect a bunch of engi bugs to be fixed.

So tired..

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

Stop telling you’re out and kittening do it if you’re that tired of the game.

Besides, it’s not like 90% of the issues rised in your OP where adressed in the last blog post.

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

Hope is precious and beautiful. It is wonderful to hope. Yes it is! Where it is painful is when you do not get same treatment in return. So the question you should ask yourself: should you save hope and take it to where it will grow? or witness hope becoming less more?

Even words will not make hope grow, only actions. So think about it?

" Hope Is A Start, But….Hope Need Actions To Win Victories "
David J. Schwartz

My suggestion/advice: ‘Hold-on to precious hope very tight until serious actions are taken: to help hope learn, grow and to have fun’

That is all

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Novuake.2691

Hope is precious and beautiful. It is wonderful to hope. Yes it is! Where it is painful is when you do not get same treatment in return. So the question you should ask yourself: should you save hope and take it to where it will grow? or witness hope becoming less more?

Even words will not make hope grow, only actions. So think about it?

" Hope Is A Start, But….Hope Need Actions To Win Victories "
David J. Schwartz

My suggestion/advice: ‘Hold-on to precious hope very tight until serious actions are taken: to help hope learn, grow and to have fun’

That is all

That wad beautiful! But im done. No more of this

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Novuake.2691

Stop telling you’re out and kittening do it if you’re that tired of the game.

Besides, it’s not like 90% of the issues rised in your OP where adressed in the last blog post.

How is it 90%? Can you even math?
Besides talking about a fix for something and axtually fixing it correctly are two very different things. Go be a fanboy in another thread.

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Balance releases in this game are a joke. It is a complete embarrassment. What takes so long to fix things that are broken?

Tired of hoping

in PvP

Posted by: Ulf.4937

Ulf.4937

I totally agree with the OP especially with the time between balance patches being a huge issue, even though i really like this game i had to stop playing it for 6 month because my favourit class became unplayable on a decent PvP level due to a balance patch and it took that long to fix it, the patch didn´t remove the issue of some classes being unplayable on a tournament level but my class is finally playable again.

However i already know some warriors quitting the game cause it has become useless since the rampage nerf. I believe that anet ignores the fact that for quite a few players this game is only PvP and by leaving classes broken for months on end they scare many people away who will not come back like I did.

The most frustrating thing is how easy balance patches can be made, each week take a look at the meta tune the numbers of the most powerful specs abit. but then I doubt ppl from anet are reading these forums anymore, too much trolling going on here and way to many posts + their PvP dev team is constantly busy with Stronghold or stuff and doesn´t take the time to adress the issues the community wants them to, I bet 95% of players would prefer monthly balance patches over stronghold coming out in time with HoT