ToG: EU meta vs NA meta

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

IMO the devs should lead the class balance towards the NA meta. After 2 years people still keep running thief+mesmer. They need to make comp without this 2 classes more viable too. Either nerfing mesmer and thief or buffing everything else. This game is an mmorpg, the fights should focus more in people fighting at points and not in just run fast force numerical advantage in one point kill enemy in 5s and keep moving around. If people wanted a game with everyone 1shoting everyone killing the enemy in 3seconds we would be playing a FPS like cod or bf.

Long fights with combo field, finishers, group support and class sinergy are much for fun than watch enemys that drop in less than 10s to a thief or shatter mesmer.

Please stop, we already went though the bunker meta. Please no more.

And what do you suggest? Everyone 1 shoting everyone? Maybe we also shouldnt have armor and the only stat available should be zerker. I support 100% the game moving away from zerkers and going in the celestial/bunker direction.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

I wanted to watch CM vs TCG at ToL, TCG bailed out.
I wanted to watch CM vs TCG at ToG, CM bailed out.
I wanted to watch TCG vs Abjured, 2/5 of Abjured bailed out.

Attachments:

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

xDudisx.5914

Having classes like mesmer and thief so viable running zerker is one of the reasons all the other classes run bunkers. Because anything squishier than celestial or soldiers will get destroyed in 5seconds by those 2. Without so much dmg extreme classes maybe the others could play more offensive playstyle.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

You should check the office front for your school if you haven’t, teachers are one thing, but the administrators can force the teachers to schedule things around your needs if you can get them on your side.

I can’t think of any credible professor or institution that would juggle things around because of a video game tournament.

Lets be real.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Long fights with combo field, finishers, group support and class sinergy are much for fun than watch enemys that drop in less than 10s to a thief or shatter mesmer.

Imo, it’s more like opposite. Long fights = stale match. It just drags on and on, no big plays, no big moves, nothing changes. Plus it’s in general more primitive and easier to execute tactic, to bunker up here and there and get your long, stale fights, doesn’t require that much coordination as (i.e.) mesmer and thief do.

Long fights require more skilled play for longer periods of time, you have to constantly be making good decisions for the duration or you’re going to lose. It also gives a lot of time for counterplay, a concept that GW2 has forgotten. That makes fights fun for a lot of people. I think we can both agree that SPvP is by no means a success, the question is why? I think it’s purely because the style of combat is simply not appealing. Unless you bunker up, run cheese, or are super skilled, you die in seconds; it isn’t fun. While I will say it does take certain skills to play GW2 at high level, it’s definitely heavily based on fast reaction time. The problem is that fast reaction based combat cuts out a big portion of players and makes seeing “the big moves” very hard.

in PvP

xDudisx.5914

Imo, it’s more like opposite. Long fights = stale match. It just drags on and on, no big plays, no big moves, nothing changes. Plus it’s in general more primitive and easier to execute tactic, to bunker up here and there and get your long, stale fights, doesn’t require that much coordination as (i.e.) mesmer and thief do.

Long fights require more skilled play for longer periods of time, you have to constantly be making good decisions for the duration or you’re going to lose. It also gives a lot of time for counterplay, a concept that GW2 has forgotten. That makes fights fun for a lot of people. I think we can both agree that SPvP is by no means a success, the question is why? I think it’s purely because the style of combat is simply not appealing. Unless you bunker up, run cheese, or are super skilled, you die in seconds; it isn’t fun. While I will say it does take certain skills to play GW2 at high level, it’s definitely heavily based on fast reaction time. The problem is that fast reaction based combat cuts out a big portion of players and makes seeing “the big moves” very hard.

I agree 100% with you. The game should walk towards longer fights and make people think more in combos and when to use the skills. Not just whoever clicks faster win, because most classes have 1 or 2 tricks and 90% of the playerbase runs the same builds. If we had +build variety would be hard to predict what is coming from the enemy player. The way it is now we already know their entire build and traits just by looking at the class and weapon. Hambow war, shater mesmer, pasive fear necros, cleric shout guard, celestial ele, celestial 2kit engi,etc.. you look at them and already know everything they can do and how your class should react. The fight is decided by who clicks faster not how creative people are using combos and chainig skills. In other mmos they avoid this by not making the skills bound to the weapons. So you dont know what is coming from the enemy.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

I agree 100% with you. The game should walk towards longer fights and make people think more in combos and when to use the skills. Not just whoever clicks faster win, because most classes have 1 or 2 tricks and 90% of the playerbase runs the same builds. If we had +build variety would be hard to predict what is coming from the enemy player. The way it is now we already know their entire build and traits just by looking at the class and weapon. Hambow war, shater mesmer, pasive fear necros, cleric shout guard, celestial ele, celestial 2kit engi,etc.. you look at them and already know everything they can do and how your class should react. The fight is decided by who clicks faster not how creative people are using combos and chainig skills. In other mmos they avoid this by not making the skills bound to the weapons. So you dont know what is coming from the enemy.

how does knowing what the enemy can do result in the winner being whoever “clicks faster”? that makes like no sense at all.

gerdian

in PvP

xDudisx.5914

In most games skills are not bound to weapon. In archage for example there are 120 classes and you can customize your skills a lot. You dont know what is coming from the enemy. You will have to create a plan during the fight. If you fight a hambow you know 100% what he is going to do. If you fight a mesmer you know what he will do. The entire game is just about click dodge fast in the right time. The classes are too simplified and “forced” to run 1 or 2 builds because everything else is subpar.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

You should check the office front for your school if you haven’t, teachers are one thing, but the administrators can force the teachers to schedule things around your needs if you can get them on your side.

I can’t think of any credible professor or institution that would juggle things around because of a video game tournament.

Lets be real.

You can tell them it’s chess or make friends in the administration office.

The best way get things done is having friends in the right places. Known from experience.

This is how it works for various cases of college athletes. Obviously though it’s felt there is no hope for the situation being discussed. So I have no desire to press the issue.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

The best way get things done is having friends in the right places. Known from experience.

This is how it works for various cases of college athletes. Obviously though it’s felt there is no hope for the situation being discussed. So I have no desire to press the issue.

Lying about the reasoning is an offense that would get me kicked out of my University. Don’t know where you’re from but I’m really not willing to jeopardize my entire future to play one Tournament.

in PvP

Shockwave.1230

Lying about the reasoning is an offense that would get me kicked out of my University. Don’t know where you’re from but I’m really not willing to jeopardize my entire future to play one Tournament.

Obviously don’t lie, that’s a terrible option put up against another option so it looks like there’s 1 thing that makes sense to do (should have put a ‘lol’ or something next to that). I’d encourage everyone to make connections, they give you opportunities that other’s may not get, breaking trust by lying is only going to take away opportunities.

Again no reason to press the issue like I said, so I won’t. It’s just unfortunate scheduling doesn’t work out.

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

I wanted to watch CM vs TCG at ToL, TCG bailed out.
I wanted to watch CM vs TCG at ToG, CM bailed out.
I wanted to watch TCG vs Abjured, 2/5 of Abjured bailed out.

Give us some motivation to paly and we won´t “bail” out.
Since we are not allowed to play wts we obviously lost motivation.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

in PvP

Frenk.5917

Why aren’t you allowed to?

Actually, nevermind, if “give me motivation or I won’t play” is your attitude, I don’t even want to watch CM vs TCG anymore, thanks

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

CM would be destroyed by NA pugs anyway the players are far less skilled

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

IMO the devs should lead the class balance towards the NA meta. After 2 years people still keep running thief+mesmer. They need to make comp without this 2 classes more viable too. Either nerfing mesmer and thief or buffing everything else. This game is an mmorpg, the fights should focus more in people fighting at points and not in just run fast force numerical advantage in one point kill enemy in 5s and keep moving around. If people wanted a game with everyone 1shoting everyone killing the enemy in 3seconds we would be playing a FPS like cod or bf.

This is where we differ massively.

Massive long drawn out 2v2s with two teams set up to skirmish 2v2 is boring as hell to watch.

Watching a well played mesmer and thief burst (or any burst for that matter) is so exciting. The mesmer/thief combo is a much more high risk play style and that comes with way more exciting game play, IMO.

On EU, Cheese Mode were so successful and yet were by far the most boring EU team to watch on stream and it wasn’t even close.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in PvP

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Long fights require more skilled play for longer periods of time, you have to constantly be making good decisions for the duration or you’re going to lose.

I can’t agree with that. Most of bukerish specs merely follow their patterns, rotations, as soon as you mastered those the “good decision making” boils down to the very general aspects such as duking out, use of terrain and sometimes cd management. I don’t believe there’s a lot of room for “good decision making” for specs like d/d ele or hambow, or maybe we understand “good decision making” differently. All this do not apply to squshier specs, that’s where “good decision making” matters for various reasons, like because the mechanics of classes themselves, such as mesmer or thief, allow for good plays in general and because bad decisions on those specs are usually (should be) punished very hard and quiet fast. High risk, high reward.

Unless you bunker up, run cheese, or are super skilled, you die in seconds; it isn’t fun.

? I honestly hnc what you’re talking about. It’s mostly about positioning and choosing fights correctly.

There are tons of reasons why sPvP isn’t success.

in PvP

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

Actually, nevermind, if “give me motivation or I won’t play” is your attitude, I don’t even want to watch CM vs TCG anymore, thanks

Cheese Mode have at least one under 18 player and one american.

So that’s 2/5 of their roster couldn’t play. There may even be two under 18s, I’m not sure.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Ill have my say here , i Do not care for E sports until there is a thriving pvp community , so i dont care for any meta , thanx

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

Guys, Considering Abjured is about even with TCG, CM would’ve gotten roflstomped if they had faced either team.

@Decrypter who are you? Nobody asked for your opinion on Esports. This is about NA vs EU meta, if you think PvP is dead don’t bother posting.

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

(edited by Elitist.8701)

in PvP

Shockwave.1230

There is a point behind what decrypter said, but it should be discussed in a different thread

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Judging by the NA super pugs rooster changes with some super high caliber substitution based on their aged experienced and course lets not forget the leaderboard ranking and the how many matches they played in ranked battle(course game is boring w/o politics),considering the fact they lost 2people who are good at 1v1 scenario, i say EU already got the gold, again (dem eu besterd).
Question is, will china get the silver?.
oh and i dont get it, why [BooN] is not stepping up? i consider them the real deal a threat than this evading thief and a portal mesmer(your fault,if you dont knew how to counter this guys). Looking forward to see them play on LAN.

Oh and shout out to DPS, man you guys are awsome. that flipping dps logo on my screen while watching NA tog finals, dat effort man dat professinalism. may more tournaments to come too be shoutcasted /salute

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in PvP

Chapell.1346

Exactly, imagine that flipping logo turns into Arena net logo or lets say Ncsoft logo oh dear. if they want to push this game on a never before seen competition in MMORPG (i dislike mainstream) , they shud take DPS officially and make money in history that never foretold. of course i kid and a troll (homosapiens what have you done to eac other).

[Urge]

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I think the strength of dps and bunkering should be equal. What’s so horrible about that? As of right now, I see it pretty balanced. It’s more of a meta/player culture issue than anything else at this point, especially when looking at it from an EU vs NA perspective.

We’re in a pvp state of balance between the professions. I feel like there should be a huge celebration of this.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

is it possible to rewatch the abjured vs TCG streams somewhere?

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Judging by the NA super pugs rooster changes with some super high caliber substitution based on their aged experienced and course lets not forget the leaderboard ranking and the how many matches they played in ranked battle(course game is boring w/o politics),considering the fact they lost 2people who are good at 1v1 scenario, i say EU already got the gold, again (dem eu besterd).
oh and i dont get it, why [BooN] is not stepping up? i consider them the real deal a threat than this evading thief and a portal mesmer(your fault,if you dont knew how to counter this guys). Looking forward to see them play on LAN.

Oh and shout out to DPS, man you guys are awsome. that flipping dps logo on my screen while watching NA tog finals, dat effort man dat professinalism. may more tournaments to come too be shoutcasted /salute

Don’t count us out yet. We practice every day until we can’t find anymore games.

Also, it’s kitten insulting if you think that we considered leaderboard rank in determining who we picked up. Come on man…

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

(edited by Ostricheggs.3742)

in PvP

Frenk.5917

I believe noscoc and phantaram have those matches uploaded on their twitch channels.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Chapell.1346

NA super pugs

Don’t count us out yet. We practice every day until we can’t find anymore games.

Also, it’s kitten insulting if you think that we considered leaderboard rank in determining who we picked up. Come on man…

Come on man… lets be real, it would be disappointment if not.

[Urge]

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

NA super pugs

Come on man… lets be real, it would be disappointment if not.

If you think that leaderboards have anything to do with how well a player performs then you are sadly mistaken to the point where I cannot take your prediction seriously…

Everyone recruits players based on experience and performance. Leaderboards are a joke. A number doesn’t mean anything, it’s how you play.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching

in PvP

Posted by: Nos.9803

Nos.9803

Leaderboards are a joke. A number doesn’t mean anything, it’s how you play.

Says a number doesn’t mean anything. Boasts about the amount of tourney games he played in his forum signature

Attachments:

www.Twitch.tv/Noscoc

(edited by Nos.9803)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Says a number doesn’t mean anything. Boasts about the amount of tourney games he played in his forum signature

Yeah, Oeggs, don’t diss the leaderboards.

Attachments:

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

in PvP

Posted by: Arachnid.4062

Arachnid.4062

I fail to see how saying how many games he’s played in his signature constitutes a boast.

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

I know what big water is, unlike some of us, because of those tourney games.

in PvP

Posted by: Aeroxe.8140

Aeroxe.8140

I know what big water is, unlike some of us, because of those tourney games.

Now the question is: what is small water. ESPORTS ESPORTS ESPORTS ESPORTS

Attachments:

Thief (main), ele, guard
Past member of most teams NA. Retired proleague season 1+2.
http://www.twitch.tv/aeroxe

(edited by Aeroxe.8140)

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Well, fast reaction time IS skilled play, but I agree that it’s not the only kind of skills a player needs, and GW2’s combat system devalues other types of skilled play, such as positioning, kiting, peeling, and team coordination. And I TOTALLY agree that excessively fast-paced, twitch-heavy play isn’t as much fun, and doesn’t make for a good spectator sport.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

I believe noscoc and phantaram have those matches uploaded on their twitch channels.

all i find on phantas channel are archeage videos and on noscoc i get an error…

kitten!!!

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Posted by: Nizio Nightblade.8109

Nizio Nightblade.8109

Yeah if that was the case they wouldn’t have pick you up. Think yesterday you were in the 70’s. While the rest ofyour team was in the top 20’s.Unless he’s right and your the sub for backpack, as the dps shoutcaster said Backpack best player NA.

Attachments:

Talon Nighthawk [Edge] (DB Server)

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Yeah if that was the case they wouldn’t have pick you up. Think yesterday you were in the 70’s. While the rest ofyour team was in the top 20’s.Unless he’s right and your the sub for backpack, as the dps shoutcaster said Backpack best player NA.

On the off chance you’re actually being serious, take into account that Oeggs throws his Team Queue rating into the fire on the daily by yolo queuing. If he’s commonly top 100 I’d say that’s good. Lmao.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: Nizio Nightblade.8109

Nizio Nightblade.8109

On the off chance you’re actually being serious, take into account that Oeggs throws his Team Queue rating into the fire on the daily by yolo queuing. If he’s commonly top 100 I’d say that’s good. Lmao.

my attachment should of told you if i was serious xD. I know he does, me and some of my friends have seen him a few times in tpvp yoloing it up. And my comment was also a jab at the whole dps shoutcaster being on backpack’s nutz during their whole stream.

Talon Nighthawk [Edge] (DB Server)

in PvP

Chaith.8256

my attachment should of told you if i was serious xD. I know he does, me and some of my friends have seen him a few times in tpvp yoloing it up. And my comment was also a jab at the whole dps shoutcaster being on backpack’s nutz during their whole stream.

I wasn’t aware the dude with the ‘I just pooped lolz’ face meant sarcasm.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: Arachnid.4062

Arachnid.4062

I wasn’t aware the dude with the ‘I just pooped lolz’ face meant sarcasm.

Kappa twitch emote typically implies light-hearted trolling or sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

But guise, this thread is supposed to be about firing transatlantic shots. Now it’s just NA flinging poop in its own cage. Step your game up, pls.

I’m not hip enough for Twitch emotes, so I’ll leave the Kappa out.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

But guise, this thread is supposed to be about firing transatlantic shots. Now it’s just NA flinging poop in its own cage. Step your game up, pls.

I’m not hip enough for Twitch emotes, so I’ll leave the Kappa out.

We already have enough poop to throw up within our own cage to last us a century. We have so much kitten in our cage that I’m knee deep in kitten; I have beef with every kitten person on my friends list and I’m sure they hate my guts too.

NA is such a massive pot of hatred and vileness that you don’t even wanna open the lid. If you wanna throw your poop on us, all you’ll do is open a kitten torrent when we win WTS.

Euros have begun to talk massive crap about NA everywhere. If we’re not already the sure-fire winners of WTS then I don’t know who the hell is. NA vs EU: The Conclusion will be in China. Good luck qualifying, TCG!

(edited by Ostricheggs.3742)

in PvP

Chapell.1346

If you think that leaderboards have anything to do with how well a player performs then you are sadly mistaken

Yes please, prove me that i am wrong.

it’s how you play.

Believe me, i would love to see the day shall come and finally slay them more than you do.

[Urge]

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

we are not allowed to play because some teammembers are not 18 years old or don´t live in Eu region (for example Israel)

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/