Today was a step in the right direction.

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

So initially without seeing all the patch notes I think we were all more than a little upset. The unfinished patch notes just had no clear direction and didn’t accomplish anything we wanted balance wise in the current meta, and probably looked more like a step backwards.

But after we’ve figured out what has actually changed, it’s clear attempts at nerfing or buffing some things we wanted nerfed or buffed (mostly nerfed) were made. Were the changes to cantrip ele’s enough? I honestly don’t know yet, and I can tell you any unexperienced team will still fall extremely easily to the double cantrip ele guardian strat that has been used as of late even after the nerfs. But at the highest level of play, maybe teams like us and curse and others can deal with double cantrip ele guardian well enough now. We’ll just have to wait and see.

The point is they are almost all a step in the right direction. Getting GW2 pvp to the point we all want it at has been a long process we are all tired of waiting for and today we got a little riled up by the mistake anet made by not listing all the patch notes and it’s probably because we are all almost on our last straw with this whole waiting thing.

We’ve waited soooo long but guess what pvp community? This game is headed in the right direction and we are so close to the big pvp patch, just a little bit longer, don’t make all that waiting you have done up until now for naught!

Edit: There were actually a good number of game breaking bugs that were fixed this patch too. To list some I know of.

Arcane blast broke some stuns, and now doesn’t
Scepter Earth #2 broke some stuns, and now doesn’t|
Stomping/killing a necro sometimes didn’t rally players, completely fixed and now does.
A vengeanced warrior dying wouldn’t rally people, completely fixed and now does.

(edited by Phantaram.1265)

in PvP

Posted by: Godly Black Ownage.4902

Godly Black Ownage.4902

So initially without seeing all the patch notes I think we were all more than a little upset. The unfinished patch notes just had no clear direction and didn’t accomplish anything we wanted balance wise in the current meta.

But after we’ve figured out what has actually changed, it’s clear attempts at nerfing or buffing some things we wanted nerfed or buffed (mostly nerfed) were made. Were the changes to cantrip ele’s enough? I honestly don’t know yet, and I can tell you any unexperienced team will still fall extremely easily to the double cantrip ele guardian strat that has been used as of late even after the nerfs. But at the highest level of play, maybe teams like us and curse and others can deal with double cantrip ele guardian well enough now. We’ll just have to wait and see.

The point is they are almost all a step in the right direction. Getting GW2 pvp to the point we all want it at has been a long process we are all tired of waiting for and today we got a little riled up by the mistake anet made by not listing all the patch notes and it’s probably because we are all almost on our last straw with this whole waiting thing.

We’ve waited soooo long but guess what pvp community? This game is headed in the right direction and we are so close to the big pvp patch, just a little bit longer, don’t make all that waiting you have done up until now for naught!

You are the 1%, how does this make you feel?

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

proofread notes next time thx

in PvP

Posted by: jim.5380

jim.5380

So initially without seeing all the patch notes I think we were all more than a little upset. The unfinished patch notes just had no clear direction and didn’t accomplish anything we wanted balance wise in the current meta, and probably looked more like a step backwards.

I agree but i have to add the changes are being done too slow 2ppl coding is not enough

Jim Battlemaster

in PvP

Posted by: Teldo.1473

Teldo.1473

Thanks for summarizing our feelings of today
I agree. We’re moving into the right direction.
I was disappointed at first, too. But I’m really looking forward what ArenaNet will do for the big PvP Patch.
This patch was a good one balancing-wise anyway. (The only thing I’ll never understand is the Kit Refinement change though)

I like engineers!
www.twitch.tv/teldoo
www.youtube.com/teldo

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Warriors.

Changes.

Please.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

No viability changes.
Not even a psychological barrier between solo and teams like there was with paids vs frees. Meaning if you want a “fair” match you’re better off in Hot-join.
Not 5v5 mind you since that’s still been abandoned.

But thief traps are fixed, so I’ll let everything slide and take some deep breaths.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Oni.5429

Oni.5429

the ‘’big pvp patch’’?

Crs Helseth, Mesmer for Team Curse

in PvP

Phantaram.1265

the ‘’big pvp patch’’?

They talked about it in the SOTG. I’m pretty sure they stated that this specific patch is not the “big one” or something like that.

in PvP

Teldo.1473

They said that the big PvP patch will happen in March, if I recall it correctly.

Also: The new queue system is better than the old one and a step into the right direction as well!
I like being able to queue solo for 1-round Tourneys, even if I might lose every now and then against a full premade.

I like engineers!
www.twitch.tv/teldoo
www.youtube.com/teldo

in PvP

Posted by: OscarNoName.3917

OscarNoName.3917

Edit: There were actually a good number of game breaking bugs that were fixed this patch too. To list some I know of.

Arcane blast broke some stuns, and now doesn’t
Scepter Earth #2 broke some stuns, and now doesn’t|
Stomping/killing a necro sometimes didn’t rally players, completely fixed and now does.
A vengeanced warrior dying wouldn’t rally people, completely fixed and now does.

I agree with you.
I want to know, maybe is just me thinking but this SoloQ maybe is just bad for now, I mean, when you give it time the players will be separated by how experienced they are with the system.

I must say I dissapoint the new bugs but I wish them will be solved fast and the thing about elementalist rolling everywhere!

Volrack Rageclaw – Charr Guardian
A PvP Player

in PvP

Posted by: dejay.2598

dejay.2598

it’s always the next patch, march is supposed to be for wvw. it’s been 6 months and still hasn’t been a “big patch”. what makes you think next month will be any different?

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Warriors.

Changes.

Please.

It’s gonna come but lets hope not as a disappointment ;p.

P.S DW sword and LB got a little fun playing again. I think it could use one more push >.<

Pineapples

(edited by Brutalistik.6473)

in PvP

Teldo.1473

You also have to give some time for the ratings to stabilize. I mean people who won their first 5 games are obviously very high rating-wise and will get premades more likely.

So give it a few days and it might be quite good, who knows.

I like engineers!
www.twitch.tv/teldoo
www.youtube.com/teldo

in PvP

Posted by: OscarNoName.3917

OscarNoName.3917

You also have to give some time for the ratings to stabilize. I mean people who won their first 5 games are obviously very high rating-wise and will get premades more likely.

This

Volrack Rageclaw – Charr Guardian
A PvP Player

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

The ‘big pvp patch’ is always the month AFTER the disappointing patch that changed almost nothing.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Kylex.5962

Kylex.5962

All of them are the “big” patch.
one of the biggest game breaking ele bugs is still in game even after J. sharp responded himself in game that it was on his list to fix, so im kind of disappointing about that.

i agree with some things you say but im mainly in agreement with jim. they are taking wayyyyyyyyyy too long to produce these patches, with the current state of the game it needs to be a lot quicker.

anyways, back to double/tripple ele for another month.

p.s i honestly did wanna go engi since it looks seriously fun sad to see even more random/un-neccesary nerfs to it.

Wannabe Thief – Chieftain Ninjas

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

They said that the big PvP patch will happen in March, if I recall it correctly.

Also: The new queue system is better than the old one and a step into the right direction as well!
I like being able to queue solo for 1-round Tourneys, even if I might lose every now and then against a full premade.

isnt it like 6 am in germany now ?? :0

in PvP

Phantaram.1265

All of them are the “big” patch.
one of the biggest game breaking ele bugs is still in game even after J. sharp responded himself in game that it was on his list to fix, so im kind of disappointing about that.

i agree with some things you say but im mainly in agreement with jim. they are taking wayyyyyyyyyy too long to produce these patches, with the current state of the game it needs to be a lot quicker.

anyways, back to double/tripple ele for another month.

p.s i honestly did wanna go engi since it looks seriously fun sad to see even more random/un-neccesary nerfs to it.

The build teldo has been using is untouched if you wanna play that! But that’s pretty much your only option I think If kit refinement stays bugged you can try 100 nades too

Do it kyle, you know you desire xephs approval more than anything else.

in PvP

Teldo.1473

isnt it like 6 am in germany now ?? :0

Yes but my love for Guild Wars 2 > my Timezone!
And I’m honestly pretty sure that the big WvW/sPvP Patch will actually come in March, cause they announced it ages ago and when they do announce something they usually keep it, let’s be honest here. (since release that is)

I like engineers!
www.twitch.tv/teldoo
www.youtube.com/teldo

in PvP

Posted by: Shay.7534

Shay.7534

I appreciate your optimism Phanta, it helps a bit in not being forced to rename the “Structured PVP:” subforum in to the “Depressing Corner” subforum.
On the other hand, I don’t think much has changed on the balance side of things: Mesmers will still run illusion,portal and time warp . Bunker eles will still spam cantrips and force 2-3 people to protect home. Burst thieves will still oneshot any class that doesn’t have an immunity ready and so on.
The simple fact that people are forced to run the best spec of the best classes to be on equal ground is just disheartening.
In January I tried running pistol+dagger condi thief + triple Ethereal field mesmer + condi necro. It suddenly became twice as hard to win vs same teams that the cookie-cutter comp provided us with almost free wins.
This won’t change for many months to come and probably never will. As someone said earlier on the forums : this is not LoL to have 100 options of choosing “classes”. We have 8 and that’s it.

The point I am trying to make is that FOTM will always be around : be it bunker eles, an incarnation of triple turret mega destroying engi or quad signet warrior. If that is OP at that period in time, people will use it.

P.S. Have anyone seen rankings? Or they will be forum-submitted again…?
( I still don’t know where the team-color feature they implemented in December is )

(edited by Shay.7534)

in PvP

Posted by: Sorgblad.7648

Sorgblad.7648

Ive been on these forums for quite a long time today and Ive probably read almost all the ideas, whining, posts about the patch being good and all. But this actually made me to log on my account and reply even though I wanted to participate in almost all the topics, I just didnt. This is how everyone should look at the patch, it may not add ladder, custom arenas, game browser, but its still a step forward even because of the minor balance changes they gave us WE asked for, I know a lot of you (including me) are awaiting the arrival of big pvp changes, but I guess ANet just dont want to screw anything up, its better to take smaller steps. Honestly, Ive played a lot of MMORPGS in my life and over they years Ive found Arena Net to be the most community friendly company and I really appreciate that. Guild Wars 2 is heading the right direction, maybe we wont have an e-sport game tomorrow or not even next month, but this game has a huge potential to become one, I believe in Arena Net. Even if they wont make it an e-sports title (which for many of you this is the reason you still play the game) in probably distant future we will have amazing PvP MMORPG. If they decide to make the game an e-sports game, my guess will be that many people will come back to compete and maybe with proper advertisment more people will become interested in the game and the community will grow, so far I have almost only good impression on GW community as a whole and this is very rare. I like playing the game and I will continue playing it for a long time, Ive been waiting for so long to play this game and now Im having blast playing it, Ive met some really nice people while I was having fun and I still do enjoy the game. I cant wait for THE big PvP patch and I bet so cant you even if youre tired of waiting, this game doesnt have subscription model so you can always come back or check anytime.
Edit : I really like the enthusiasm and positive comments about the game, my brother just woke up to get on the bus to school and Im still up to read the feedback about the patch and to write this post.

I wish you the best rest of the day and gl hf ingame guys !

Commonly known as Ytendra

(edited by Sorgblad.7648)

in PvP

Posted by: Jumper.9482

Jumper.9482

See, that’s what I thought at first but
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/I-tested-the-Join-solo-and-recorded-results
After seeing that it only takes you to be only slightly better than the rest of the solo queue population to be matched against a full premade, even if it is this early, it probably won’t end up being very balanced. This game is heavily focused on coordination, rotation, downstate management, and team decisions rather than individual skill. Comparing the two in the same queue is absurd.

Sorry, Phanta, but when they promise to try to bring more builds into par, then destroy (unsuccessfully) one of Engies only 2 viable builds, Buff Thieves’ one viable build(and nerfing a semi-viable bruiser alternative build in November), hurt dps eles as much as bunkers (maybe moreso? idk I don’t play ele),
the future doesn’t look too bright.

Every decision they’ve made so far has been the wrong one and they keep having to backtrack over and over. Pretty soon they will realize that Hotjoin was a bad idea and we were right when we said we need a Solo Queue. But “soon” in ANET terms means 6 months from now, probably.

Tl;dr: Two steps backward, one step forward.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Jump-s-Ultimate-PvP-Teef-Wishlist-Jump-Doc/
Winner of Curse’s NA Masters Tournament
twitch.tv/loljumper

in PvP

Posted by: Gasmask The Suffocating.2567

Gasmask The Suffocating.2567

I completely agree with the OP great post.

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

OP is desperately searching for ways to justify to himself that all the hours he’s invested/wasted getting good at a game no one cares about might pay off in some way.

in PvP

Posted by: dejay.2598

dejay.2598

OP is desperately searching for ways to justify to himself that all the hours he’s invested/wasted getting good at a game no one cares about might pay off in some way.

just anet on ghost accounts

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

It might eventually payoff. With the pacing we are currently having for updates and balance/bug fixes, the game will be E-sports viable 3 years from now. One step at a time. A fairly long time.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

See, that’s what I thought at first but
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/I-tested-the-Join-solo-and-recorded-results
After seeing that it only takes you to be only slightly better than the rest of the solo queue population to be matched against a full premade, even if it is this early, it probably won’t end up being very balanced. This game is heavily focused on coordination, rotation, downstate management, and team decisions rather than individual skill. Comparing the two in the same queue is absurd.

Sorry, Phanta, but when they promise to try to bring more builds into par, then destroy (unsuccessfully) one of Engies only 2 viable builds, Buff Thieves’ one viable build(and nerfing a semi-viable bruiser alternative build in November), hurt dps eles as much as bunkers (maybe moreso? idk I don’t play ele),
the future doesn’t look too bright.

Every decision they’ve made so far has been the wrong one and they keep having to backtrack over and over. Pretty soon they will realize that Hotjoin was a bad idea and we were right when we said we need a Solo Queue. But “soon” in ANET terms means 6 months from now, probably.

Tl;dr: Two steps backward, one step forward.

I agree with jumper. They hurt DPS more than Bunker Eles. I also dont know why they nerfed burst build for engis. Atm the Meta is pretty stale. When you run into a class you know 99% of the time what build they use and if they use another build its usually not a big enough threat to be an issue.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in PvP

Posted by: hplee.2839

hplee.2839

OP, how much gold did Anet pay you to say anything nice about them on this forum?

Orisis Stonehart
Blackgate Militia

in PvP

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

People that enjoy the game don’t sit on the forum all day, they just play the game and have fun.

Forums will always be full of negativity because people only take the time to write negative things.

Personally I’m enjoying the game and it’s PvP, each patch steps in the right direction.

I much prefer the incremental balancing to the ‘whack a mole’ create a brand new horribly OP FOTM that was Rift PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

OP is in for a surprise when he discovers that those unkillable eles were barely nerfed. Instead, ANet focused their artillery at the ele class as a whole and killed off some nice specs with these nerfs. So if anything you’ll be seeing MORE bunker 0/10/0/30/30 eles now!

Inb4 more QQ posts.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in PvP

Phantaram.1265

Razor I’m completely in tune with how every ele spec was affected. No specs were killed off whatsoever any ele spec that was viable before is still viable. People, including my self, thought dps eles were nerfed more than cantrips eles until seeing all the notes that weren’t listed.

(edited by Phantaram.1265)

in PvP

Posted by: condiments.8043

condiments.8043

Razor I’m completely in tune with how every ele spec was affected. No specs were killed off whatsoever any ele spec that was viable before is still viable.

Yeah Phantaram knows his stuff. I was raging earlier too at the EA nerfs but it hasn’t hurt hybrid builds that much. Was running his dps build in solo queue earlier and I’m still wrecking everyone I come across including the aurashare D/D eles. The heal nerf does hurt sustain a little but the damage we have is still really strong. Still viable.

I wish there were more changes, especially allowing for more builds with other classes but the queue system, the removal of paids, and matchmaking are all great changes. I’ve had good luck solo and duo queuing all night with good close fights for each. They need to make ratings visible asap to keep this players coming into the game.

Just take a deep breath, see if you enjoy the game and make your decision there.

Cretius-Elementalist
Condiments-Thief

(edited by condiments.8043)

in PvP

Posted by: Hugs.1856

Hugs.1856

I’d like to join in and help to spread the good vibes.

These forums are becoming increasingly toxic, full of rants, threats, heartbreaking farewells, dramatic speeches and what not. While I understand that most of it comes from frustration and a genuine desire to see the game succeed, rather than meaningless and spiteful nerd rage, I feel things have gone a bit over the top recently.

I’m having myself a hard time understanding the PvP devs, and I seriously mean it. Six months after the release is quite a long time really. But I still think the game is solid at its very very very root (note the emphasis:p :p :p).

So rather that shouting at someone over the internet, acting like an e-bully or worse an e-lobbyist pressuring workers to get what I want, I’m just playing the game as a beta tester: trying to enjoy gw2, understand it, give some feedback then and there and…wait for the fixes:p

It’s not exactly what I expected, but at least I’m having fun and my blood pressure is not going crazy with rage:p

In the end, I guess what i want to say is this.

To the players:
If you’re so angry at Anet for letting you down, then leave to greener fields and let the game fall into oblivion. I don’t see what could hurt them more to be honest.

But if you still hope that the game can be improved, then please refrain the badmouthing and the insults as it is a terrible terrible way to get things right and it also deters potential players- and you just need some common sense to understand that.

To ArenaNet:
Put a leash on your marketing team. I’m not even kidding here. Tell them to slow down and stop the early advertising. Time will come when they will have more than enough to do advertising PvP, but now is just not the time.

As for devs, well, I’m sure you guys are not incompetent but rather you’re under constraints related to the development itself and transparency. Just know that confidence and hope don’t last forever – no pressure:p :p :p :p

in PvP

Posted by: Bumaye.7168

Bumaye.7168

PvP Patch
Yeeeeeah Ranger pet have a new icon yeeeeeeeah
but i love my ranger.

Power Ranger 1on1 PvP Server
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUGLyL5gr2c

in PvP

Posted by: baerly.7204

baerly.7204

being back to premade vs random is a huge step taken backwards

before the patch hit i at least expected it so that only 1 queue can be joined by a not full team, so we would have an unofficial solo-queue and a team-queue

so anet doesn’t want to split queues but we have 1 single round everybody wants and a 3-round tourney nobody wants
how hard is it to make both single round while one of them is team queue and the other a soloqueue

fix that and release ladder

it’s so easy…………………………………………………….

in PvP

Posted by: DDog.4350

DDog.4350

Put a leash on your marketing team. I’m not even kidding here. Tell them to slow down and stop the early advertising.

^This, Rage comes from the advertising.

As for devs, well, I’m sure you guys are not incompetent but rather you’re under constraints related to the development itself and transparency. Just know that confidence and hope don’t last forever – no pressure:p :p :p :p

Dont you think it is a little bit too late to restore PvP?
A lot of people say that more then half of the players have left already.

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

I dont know what happened..When the patch went live i read a nice post from Xeph saying that this patch was a joke.I asked him if he gonna quit this game and he said he will consider it.I always wathced closed at Team Paradigm.Today another member of Team Paradigm,(Phantaram)along with some other (Teldo,Gasmask) almost praised this patch.What happened guys,do you know something that WE dont know?3 more changes in ele and this patch become good in a night?
You used to have my respect now im gonna be more carefull to what you have to say

in PvP

Posted by: Med.6150

Med.6150

The latest patch was definitely a step forward. Too bad we were standing right on the edge of a precipice.

in PvP

Posted by: Ayraswag.3761

Ayraswag.3761

OP, how much gold did Anet pay you to say anything nice about them on this forum?

lol i thought this aswell tbh

www.youtube.com/ayraswag

Best guardian universe (:

in PvP

Posted by: XIII.9615

XIII.9615

You used to have my respect now im gonna be more carefull to what you have to say

They lose your respect for them, if their opinion is not the same as yours?

Seriously this forum is just a huge negativity circlejerk, as is every official forum sadly.

in PvP

Dardamaniac.1295

They lose your respect for them, if their opinion is not the same as yours?

Seriously this forum is just a huge negativity circlejerk, as is every official forum sadly.

You got me wrong.They lost my respect cause the changed opinion so easily..They are top players,they have more exp in sPvP than me and know much better what is needed or not.So is suspicious how with all this knowledge(not sarcasm) they-he(not sure if all of them) can change opinion in a few hours.Hes just a player who saw some “nerf” in his favourite class and raged.Hes a top player whos playing at top levels and have clearer view of the class mechanics,competition and meta.

in PvP

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

Could someone please explain to me the difference between the “Join Solo” button, and the ability to submit without a team?
I’ve been able to solo submit for tournaments for a while, and I still am. So what exactly is the difference?

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Could someone please explain to me the difference between the “Join Solo” button, and the ability to submit without a team?
I’ve been able to solo submit for tournaments for a while, and I still am. So what exactly is the difference?

No difference.

This was the pvp patch:

1, Add new button that says join solo and does nothing
2, Change the word “Paid” to the word “free”
3, Introduce a terrible new map even more dominated by ele, mes and guardian and make people play it for a week straight.
4, Remove the only way for premades to play vs other premades and just put them all back in with solo Q pugs again

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

No difference.

This was the pvp patch:

3, Introduce a terrible new map even more dominated by ele, mes and guardian and make people play it for a week straight.
4, Remove the only way for premades to play vs other premades and just put them all back in with solo Q pugs again

Omg you couldnt simplify this even more
1) the button is supposed to distinguish solo teams from premades and match you up accordingly.Wait for the mathmaking values to set up.
2)The change removed a stupid barrier that was paid tickets :O
3)Even if eles/mesm/guard were destroyed the “inertia” of people adjusting together with the small incompetent community would take weeks for a new meta to develop.All i know is that many options of other classes in theory become valuable to orb carrying
4)look at 1..

(edited by Avead.5760)

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

No difference.

This was the pvp patch:

Omg you couldnt simplify this even more
1) the button is supposed to distinguish solo teams from premades and match you up accordingly.Wait for the mathmaking values to set up.
2)The change removed a stupid barrier that was paid tickets :O
3)Even if eles/mesm/guard were destroyed the “inertia” of people thinking together with the small incompetent community would take weeks for a new meta to develop.All i know is that many options of other classes in theory become valuable to orb carrying
4)look at 1..

In truth the only thing I care about is having fun competitive matches. All the other bs is important but tbh it can wait. I understand custom arenas, daily tournies, etc take time.

The things I care about are playing in close rewarding matches and balance. Of these matchmaking is most important.

This is where it all falls apart. Many times the devs have said that they think matching a pro team of solo queuers vs a premade is acceptable. This is completely and utterly incorrect and reflects a lack of understanding of how pvp in gw2 works. Individual player skill is honestly very secondary. Important things are as follows:
1, Team composition
2, Communication
3, Downed state management
4, Tactics and rotation

You could have a complete pro team of solo queuers and they will get completely stomped by even an average premade on TS and with coherent builds and strategy.

Anet think the opposite. This is the biggest concern. If they knew what was important then we could rely on them to fix it eventually. But they dont know what is important. Thus their matchmaking system is way way too biassed towards individual ratings rather than whether a team is a premade or not. As a result matchmaking is just a complete joke. There is no light at the end of the tunnel either. Because they genuinely believe that player skill is what matters in gw2. When actually it doesnt matter. All the points listed above matter far more.

You cant have matchmaking that EVER pairs a solo q pug vs a premade and call it good matchmaking.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I dont know what happened..When the patch went live i read a nice post from Xeph saying that this patch was a joke.I asked him if he gonna quit this game and he said he will consider it.I always wathced closed at Team Paradigm.Today another member of Team Paradigm,(Phantaram)along with some other (Teldo,Gasmask) almost praised this patch.What happened guys,do you know something that WE dont know?3 more changes in ele and this patch become good in a night?

As an elementalist player, I want to say that those extra changes were spot-on at nerfing the bunker eles. I’m not sure if they were enough, but they are the step into the right diretion.

I also don’t think ele dps builds were nerfed (that much, at least). RTL’s 5 extra seconds hurts, but Frost Aura’s extra defense helps. Renewed Stamina was kinda broken, allowing eles with fury/ critical to maintain high stacks of vigor. But the current version still allows them to (almost) always have vigor on. Zephyr’s Boon fix does hurts the critical rate, but it was bugged and too strong in the first place, and the new renewed stamina activates 100% of the time with a single critical hit, making it depend less on fury.

In the end, the real nerfs were all done to the bunker ele’s ability to stack boons, which should open more opportunities to defeat them the longer the battles last; and indirectly, to the available means to counter bunker eles, with the Necro’s buffed boon removal.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

the only effect this thread is doing is calming down the general anger showed from patch release.
it is good. well done.

but…

as some other stated, big patch will come in march (uff… -_-). it that patch won’t do some kind of miracle, i think the forum will be like a QQ hell .

so
TL;DR: do not do too many compliments to programmers who are currently making a really ugly and bad job, 6 months to come to this “right direction”, really?

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

The best part of all this is the silence from the developers…at this point what would it kill them to release a list of items that are being worked on for the “BIG” pvp patch (although I’m certain in the developer live stream they said that February was the BIG pvp patch).

in PvP

Dardamaniac.1295

The best part of all this is the silence from the developers…at this point what would it kill them to release a list of items that are being worked on for the “BIG” pvp patch (although I’m certain in the developer live stream they said that February was the BIG pvp patch).

February or March,this is for sure not a big PvP patch..