Tone Down Revive

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

For the second time in this thread. Mesmers only gain a 10% increase to revive speed with that trait. The “dome” is just a feedback that reflects projectiles. Its hardly OP, get inside it and wreck them. Or just use AOE, or unblockable projecticles. There is nothing OP about that trait

I don’t think it’s all about “Oh this is op that is op”. Part of the reason for thesse demands is normalizing rez capability. Once normalized then numbers and other such things can be looked at but when you have to balance around random factors then it makes balance impossible. Say we buff base res speed, then all the 10% traits would be op as kitten but if we nerf it then they may be mandatory to get a res off any time.

Solution is to remove all safe stomps and res buffs so that the actions are normalized and then change functions accordingly. Cap on rally range would be a fine implementation just by itself so that can go in regardless. (Tired of killing someone once they deem it safe to leave a teamfight only to have them rally from someone across the map who happened to die)

Except that most classes already have a 10% increase in revive speed trait.

Necros do.
Mesmers do.
Elementalists do.
Thief does (and gets stealth as well).
Heralds do.
Rangers do (though it automatically activates search and rescue, which does make this trait more powerful).

6 out of 9 classes have access to these revive speed traits and yet he only complains about mesmers.

You missed guardian which is prob one of the most annoying ones in a 2v2 or 1v2 fight due to the knockback. Scrapper can count if function is up and off cd pretty sure the only class that doesn’t have direct speed increase is warrior.

I don’t know if it was ever fixed but Warriors Determined Revival had a bug where it increased Rez speed by 20%,

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Back when pvp was at its peak, players used bunker guard for the frequent stability to secure stomps and resses. Downing someone in teamfights consisted of both cleaving AND stomping at the same time (cleave to buy time). Nowadays, its 90% of the time not even worth stomping, b/c you can just cleave down a body faster, and will get 1000x cc or dps thrown on you if you do try stomp without an invuln (even just stab isn’t enough).

Until Terrormancer was a thing and fear you out of stability. Then some Matt supposed to be God guyz, was saying you didn’t have skill enough to stab stomp someone. (he did ignore the prevalence of stab to fear corrupt boon).

Shortly after, april 2014 released the most OP ele build ever and Bunker Guard got put in the trash bin.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

Another option would be to increase the effectiveness of poison against downed enemies, maybe even make the res of posioned downed players impossible.

Not a lot of people use poison on people who are getting rezzed. Poison is probably the main culprit behind instant rez skills not working too…

It’s the main reason purge gyro is used, the toolbet skill is a pulsing poison fields.

People are kittened that scrapper are utility rezzer/stomper when they play versus them… but are so happy to have them on their side.

It’s the last thing that made scrapper viable and all of you guyz, do the same mistake over and over… (bunk guard… shoutbow war, bunker mesmer, tempest aurashare, scrapper) you simply cry because some “support” build seems better than your DPS build for team fights.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

This is something we’ve been monitoring for a while. We’re looking at a couple of different options here, but we do need to be careful making changes to something that is so integral to PvP gameplay (and as a note, we’d be making changes to PvP only).

Below are some suggestions I’ve seen on this forum over the past few months. We wouldn’t do all of them of course, but I figured I’d throw them out and see how you folks feel about them.

• Implement 1-to-1 rally policy, similar to WvW. This means that only 1 player would rally per enemy killed, rather than up to 5. Would likely be the downed ally closest to the enemy player.
  • Cap the range at which someone can rally.
  • Bring back PvE-downstate policy
  • Shorten revive/downed “invuln” buff.
  • Reduce healing per tick when rezzing.
  • Further reduce downstate HP
  • Adjust outlier revive skills (Function Gyro)

The 1 to 1 rally would be good. Don’t think you need much else.

So bad… 1 to 1 don’t work if you have 1+ cleavers. So, for 1 to 1 rally, let’s say you can only have 1 cleaver. Negate all damage… yeah sure… right. Kappa.

At least, health point rezzing should use healing power… so the sacrifice of damage bring more utility to the team.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

For the second time in this thread. Mesmers only gain a 10% increase to revive speed with that trait. The “dome” is just a feedback that reflects projectiles. Its hardly OP, get inside it and wreck them. Or just use AOE, or unblockable projecticles. There is nothing OP about that trait

I don’t think it’s all about “Oh this is op that is op”. Part of the reason for thesse demands is normalizing rez capability. Once normalized then numbers and other such things can be looked at but when you have to balance around random factors then it makes balance impossible. Say we buff base res speed, then all the 10% traits would be op as kitten but if we nerf it then they may be mandatory to get a res off any time.

Solution is to remove all safe stomps and res buffs so that the actions are normalized and then change functions accordingly. Cap on rally range would be a fine implementation just by itself so that can go in regardless. (Tired of killing someone once they deem it safe to leave a teamfight only to have them rally from someone across the map who happened to die)

Necros do.
Mesmers do.
Elementalists do.
Heralds do.
Rangers do (though it automatically activates search and rescue, which does make this trait more powerful).

6 out of 9 classes have access to these revive speed traits and yet he only complains about mesmers.

Lol, Scrapper do with function gyro is somewhat revive speed traits but work only on ICD and you need to activate it (and he can die on aoe).

DH do have Protective Reviver that while is not helping on rezz speed, it negate tons of cleaves and help the revived guyz to peels with aegies, protection and regens….

Every class in Gw2 can bring utility to rez/stomp/cleave.

Change one aspect, balanced the other one, plz.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I think resses/stomps are mostly fine right now, maybe a shorter invuln frame would be good but I don’t see big rallies as an issue in PvP unlike WvW.

Very rarely are there big team fights where you have multiple downed on both sides and quite frankly it is more exciting to manage to get the cleave and finish off the person to rally your team than it is to just see a 1:1 rally mechanic.

Ressing was really bad in S1 when we had quickness res and stomps as well as chrono bunkers who could basically invuln or stab/quickness stomp real fast. Right now without Mercy Runes and quickness I think res / stomps are in a good place.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

You missed guardian which is prob one of the most annoying ones in a 2v2 or 1v2 fight due to the knockback.

Guard res also refreshes the F3 if running meditation line (which every pvp guard runs for the traited medi heal and smite condis). So you can often knockback with the res trait, F3 block res then F3 again when they’re up to allow the ally time to heal to full or do w/e. It’s strong af and imo probably the strongest resser alongside druid SnR and scrapper gyro.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Necros do.
Mesmers do.
Elementalists do.
Heralds do.

Yes he picked one out of the many but what is probably meant is all of them need to be removed from pvp. There should not be any variability in stomps or res so that they can be balanced. Safe/stab stomps going away so stomping is a riskier action combined with removal of res traits will make it significantly easier to balance down state.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

fishball.7204

Safe stomps actually require you to use your utilities/brain and S&R/Stealth Gyro or stealth in general can counterplay ‘safe stomps’ (or even having ya know 2 allies res together). It’s far more exciting to be able to pull off a clutch res/stomp than it is to watch/play a boring linear game style where things are fixed.

Ressing/stomping isn’t even bad right now, there are more important things to worry about than res/stomps such as matchmaking balance and other things.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Lucred.1802

Lucred.1802

Solution is to remove all safe stomps

Why? Why would this be a good thing? Safe stomps usually come at a cost and there’s at least SOME decision making required in whether or not to waste a cooldown to safestomp -_-.

If you remove this then the game just becomes more brain dead than it already is.

Because a stomp should NEVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER be 100% guaranteed.

And right now 3 classes have basically 100% guaranteed, near-instant stomps with effectively no penalty for using them.

At that point, why even bother having downstate?

So what are those 3 classes I know Scrapper is one what are the others? Mesmer and Thief? Where they have to use their biggest mobility CDs when they have no access to Stability reliably And they can still be cc’d if you time the cc for when they return before they stomp? Mesmer is a little harder since they do have accesse to invuln.

Or are you complaining about Thieves elite which to get an Instant stomp they have to time it the moment you go down and have it already precast since it’s a three part skill that can be interrupted.

Scrapper (function gyro, shrink pot+reg. stomp)
Thief (Daredevil uppercut chain, stomp from stealth)
Druid (stealth+haste stomp)

I think it’s bull that druids out-stealth the quintessential stealth class and with several different abilities that give them significant haste they have a half-cast-time stomp plus stealth plus immunity plus mobility plus stability.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Haste stomp?

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Lucred.1802

Haste stomp?

Anything that modifies attack speed also modifies all channels (including stomps).

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Lucred.1802

Haste stomp?

Anything that modifies attack speed also modifies all channels (including stomps).

Can’t decide if Lucred is saying facts wrong to trigger people, or he actually believes it

Considering I witness it firsthand every day (both on the giving and receiving end), I believe it. I’m not trying to be confrontational, but it seems like this is how it actually works.

Unless there’s another explanation for sub-1-second stomps from characters with no specialty stomp mechanic (like guardians and warriors) when and only when they’re on the same team and in close proximity to a chronomancer. I’m willing to learn here.

edit
According to the wiki, any and all Quickness shortens the channel on all actions.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quickness

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Kuya.6495

Are you a time traveler?

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Haste stomp?

Can’t decide if Lucred is saying facts wrong to trigger people, or he actually believes it

Considering I witness it firsthand every day (both on the giving and receiving end), I believe it. I’m not trying to be confrontational, but it seems like this is how it actually works.

Unless there’s another explanation for sub-1-second stomps from characters with no specialty stomp mechanic (like guardians and warriors) when and only when they’re on the same team and in close proximity to a chronomancer. I’m willing to learn here.

edit
According to the wiki, any and all Quickness shortens the channel on all actions.

expect rezzing!! rezzing is fine.. DONT RUIN THE GAME ANET!!!

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Kuya.6495

Occasionally, when someone stomps you from stealth and they come out of it, they appear to be stomping quickly, but that’s probably just a graphical bug. It’s not actually quicker.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

fishball.7204

feelsbad when people who don’t even know the mechanics in game complain about said mechanics

IF Anet actually listened to people like you the game would be even more worse than it already is

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

• Implement 1-to-1 rally policy, similar to WvW. This means that only 1 player would rally per enemy killed, rather than up to 5. Would likely be the downed ally closest to the enemy player. yes, would reduce snowballing
  • Cap the range at which someone can rally. yes, random rally from a death on the other side of map is terrible
  • Bring back PvE-downstate policy *yes, maybe it should be in a state between current pve and pvp. We dont want ppl to be able to abuse ressing too much but neither should it be too harsh. Maybe only start reducing health after 2nd downed state
  • Shorten revive/downed “invuln” buff. yes, very annoying and unjustified when you accidentally fail key skills that would help you finish someone like, Cloak and Dagger, ranger lb3, thief finisher elite, invuln also absorbs projectile AoEs, etc
  • Reduce healing per tick when rezzing. maybe a tiny bit or not at all
  • Further reduce downstate HP no
  • Adjust outlier revive skills (Function Gyro) yes

(edited by Kicker.8203)

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

Ok I am biased here but please don’t smiter’s boon it. It is an outlier but it must remain one because function gyro is the profession mechanics of scrapper. By designed it is way more useful in PvP than in the rest of the game so while it can be toned down a bit (ICD of 40 sec maybe) it should still remain a strong option. Chrono is an outlier in skill availabitlity, DD is an outlier in dodges availability….

I like the downed penalty though, but in the context of PvP, the loss of points should be 30 sec rather than one minute and there should be a total reset upon death to limit the snowball effect.

I am more generally puzzled by how the PvP team tries to get rid of all support option one after the other while not trying to also act on the damage side. If the damages were not so high, support would not be that strong, at least not as mandatory as it is right now.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Haste stomp?

edit

January 26th 2016

Reviving: Reviving characters will no longer be affected by time-scaled effects like quickness and slow.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-January-26-2016/first#post5957898

So no, haste stomps aren’t a thing anymore, and when the Druid enters stealth it’s only for 3 seconds which still leaves a time where they are visible for the stomp same with Mesmer and Thief unless they waste everything they have to stack stealth or if the Thief drops SR on you.

The only skills that can stomp are Function Gyro which is 5 secs iirc or Thief Elite which can be timed exactly when you go to the downed state to finish almost instantly if they use those attacks before you enter the downed state.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Solution is to remove all safe stomps

Why? Why would this be a good thing? Safe stomps usually come at a cost and there’s at least SOME decision making required in whether or not to waste a cooldown to safestomp -_-.

If you remove this then the game just becomes more brain dead than it already is.

Because a stomp should NEVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER be 100% guaranteed.

And right now 3 classes have basically 100% guaranteed, near-instant stomps with effectively no penalty for using them.

At that point, why even bother having downstate?

So what are those 3 classes I know Scrapper is one what are the others? Mesmer and Thief? Where they have to use their biggest mobility CDs when they have no access to Stability reliably And they can still be cc’d if you time the cc for when they return before they stomp? Mesmer is a little harder since they do have accesse to invuln.

Or are you complaining about Thieves elite which to get an Instant stomp they have to time it the moment you go down and have it already precast since it’s a three part skill that can be interrupted.

Scrapper (function gyro, shrink pot+reg. stomp)
Thief (Daredevil uppercut chain, stomp from stealth)
Druid (stealth+haste stomp)

I think it’s bull that druids out-stealth the quintessential stealth class and with several different abilities that give them significant haste they have a half-cast-time stomp plus stealth plus immunity plus mobility plus stability.

Daredevil Upper cut chain isn’t guaranteed it can be interrupted, and Druids don’t have more stealth than Thief or Mesmer they have two main Accesses too it outside of trapper runes which is the LB 4 I believe it is and the trait for ending celestial avatar which both those only last 3 seconds which is on par for Mesmer and thief stealth skills if not traited by them.

And stealth doesn’t stop any Aoe CC or cleave from hitting them so it isn’t all that safe unless you are downed by yourself and in which most cases you will be dead either way.

Now Function Gyro could use some tweaks since it doesn’t force the Scrapper player to stay on the target they are attempting to stomp which can be a huge advantage vs all other classes that have to stop everything they are doing to stomp.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Necros do.
Mesmers do.
Elementalists do.
Heralds do.

Yes he picked one out of the many but what is probably meant is all of them need to be removed from pvp. There should not be any variability in stomps or res so that they can be balanced. Safe/stab stomps going away so stomping is a riskier action combined with removal of res traits will make it significantly easier to balance down state.

I disagree on removing them, but I agree on standardizing them. If you are running a trait to increase revive speed, you are giving up another trait that could potentially be more useful throughout the entire game than in the specific instances where you can safely rez someone. As long as they are all standardized to 10% increase in speed its fine as it is, most I could support is making it not stack with that one rune effect that increases your revive speed by another 20%.

The reason it feels broken is because of Scrappers gyro which does it for him. That entire mechanic needs to be changed honestly but the other traits are fine as they are

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Necros do.
Mesmers do.
Elementalists do.
Heralds do.

I disagree on removing them, but I agree on standardizing them. If you are running a trait to increase revive speed, you are giving up another trait that could potentially be more useful throughout the entire game than in the specific instances where you can safely rez someone. As long as they are all standardized to 10% increase in speed its fine as it is, most I could support is making it not stack with that one rune effect that increases your revive speed by another 20%.

The reason it feels broken is because of Scrappers gyro which does it for him. That entire mechanic needs to be changed honestly but the other traits are fine as they are

You are in luck Superior Runes of Mercy are removed from sPvP.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

fishball.7204

I mean if you guys are gonna comment on this thread at least know that mercy runes and quickness res/stomps are gone from PvP.

Can’t really take you seriously when the basic mechanics aren’t understood by you guys.

There’s a lot of engi gyro complaints but I don’t see why tbh, it’s not at all strong when there is so much cleave (eg. DH) and the old S&R 1200 range was farrr stronger than anything engi has to offer currently. I’ve played both engy and DH and can say that the res power of a DH is far stronger than engy gyro.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

This is something we’ve been monitoring for a while. We’re looking at a couple of different options here, but we do need to be careful making changes to something that is so integral to PvP gameplay (and as a note, we’d be making changes to PvP only).

Below are some suggestions I’ve seen on this forum over the past few months. We wouldn’t do all of them of course, but I figured I’d throw them out and see how you folks feel about them.

• Implement 1-to-1 rally policy, similar to WvW. This means that only 1 player would rally per enemy killed, rather than up to 5. Would likely be the downed ally closest to the enemy player.
  • Cap the range at which someone can rally.
  • Bring back PvE-downstate policy
  • Shorten revive/downed “invuln” buff.
  • Reduce healing per tick when rezzing.
  • Further reduce downstate HP
  • Implement 1-to-1 rally policy – Yes.
  • Cap the range at which someone can rally – Yes.
  • “Bring back PvE-downstate policy” – Yes. If I revive someone or someone else gets revived and they are just as strong as before…were they ever really dead? Given how much sustain certain builds have, this is necessary when a team finally manages to take down someone that can hold off 5 people.
  • Shorten revive/downed “invuln” buff. – How is someone invulnerable when they are falling to the ground or getting up? I know it’s just a few seconds but they are still targetable for skills and pretty much nullifies any damage during that time period. Just doesn’t make sense. This should just be removed.
  • Reduce healing per tick when rezzing – Healing per tick is fine…rather the problem is health-loss per tick…you are dying…but you can effectively be dying longer than you were alive in the first place. Increase the sense of urgency for your team to come get you back up.
  • Further reduce downstate HP – Downstate HP should just be a percentage of whatever HP the player has.
  • Adjust outlier revive skills (Function Gyro) – Are you saying this should be nerfed or buffed? Because right now it’s hardly even noticeable and sometimes it doesn’t even trigger…plus cannot even be used on the Scrapper themself…rather have the Engi/Scrapper downed skills reworked. I just play Engi and I don’t think this even should be changed (Is this really an issue? Might because I played without the Gyro and can work around it not working as well as a Ranger pet)

(edited by LUST.7241)

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Lucred.1802

Haste stomp?

edit

January 26th 2016

Reviving: Reviving characters will no longer be affected by time-scaled effects like quickness and slow.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-January-26-2016/first#post5957898

So no, haste stomps aren’t a thing anymore, and when the Druid enters stealth it’s only for 3 seconds which still leaves a time where they are visible for the stomp same with Mesmer and Thief unless they waste everything they have to stack stealth or if the Thief drops SR on you.

The only skills that can stomp are Function Gyro which is 5 secs iirc or Thief Elite which can be timed exactly when you go to the downed state to finish almost instantly if they use those attacks before you enter the downed state.

I’m complaining about quickness speeding up the cast of stomp, not the cast of rez.

It’s not listed in the wiki that there are any exclusions for it and I don’t believe that’s a change that stayed in the game as I can see it in action daily.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Haste stomp?

edit

January 26th 2016

I’m complaining about quickness speeding up the cast of stomp, not the cast of rez.

It’s not listed in the wiki that there are any exclusions for it and I don’t believe that’s a change that stayed in the game as I can see it in action daily.

Apparently my phone didn’t copy properly go to the link I posted look right above class balance, it says Finish them is not affected by quickness or slow. That’s why I provided the link.

And it has stayed in game it is still about 3.5 sec to complete a stomp with Quickness.

Also the Wiki is user maintained not developer maintained, lots of outdated sections.

It just seems you have a misunderstanding with current game mechanics that have been removed for almost 8 months now.

(edited by BlaqueFyre.5678)

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Lucred.1802

Haste stomp?

edit

January 26th 2016

Apparently my phone didn’t copy properly go to the link I posted look right above class balance, it says Finish them is not affected by quickness or slow. That’s why I provided the link.

Also the Wiki is user maintained not developer maintained, lots of outdated sections.

And, again, the wiki says there are no exclusions and I can see there are no exclusions in-game as far as anything I can actually test on (such as the training mobs). I don’t believe that’s a change that stayed in the game, either intentionally or unintentionally I think it got reverted at some point because this is something I can and have tested and quickness does speed up the cast of stomp.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Haste stomp?

edit

January 26th 2016

And, again, the wiki says there are no exclusions and I can see there are no exclusions in-game as far as anything I can actually test on (such as the training mobs). I don’t believe that’s a change that stayed in the game, either intentionally or unintentionally I think it got reverted at some point because this is something I can and have tested and quickness does speed up the cast of stomp.

I tested it last night using Haste on my Thief Quickness dos not lower the 3.5 stomp time.

Again the Wiki is User maintained not maintained by Anet, so some data gets missed or is out of date, never take the wiki at face value look at patch notes instead.

(edited by BlaqueFyre.5678)

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

OriOri.8724

Haste stomp?

edit

January 26th 2016

Jesus. The wiki is not all knowing. Quickness no longer affects rezzing or stomping.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-January-26-2016/first#post5948778

Control-f for stomping. The very fist result tells you, directly from ANet, that quickness and slow no longer affects stomps. As long as you maintain that it does no one is taking you seriously because it shows you really don’t know what you are talking about.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

So, we’ll likely change things in phases so we don’t over-correct. Here’s what we’re thinking for a phase 1:

• Reduce downstate invuln duration to around .1s. This means you still get the full condi cleanse, but you can keep cleaving.
  • Cap rally distance.

Thoughts?

Edit for clarity: these would be PvP-only changes. Also, not including any skill proposals at this point.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

Cool that works

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

@Josh Davis this suggestion is an amazing form of understanding. Hope you guys keep up these community based changes.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

OriOri.8724

That looks good for phase 1

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

I don’t get why downstate lose conditions but not boons

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Why not just letting quickness speed up stomp again? But continue to not allow quickness to revive faster.

This makes downing a target more meaningful, and opens up viability and utility of builds that can reliably gain quickness, without it being to broken in the revival department?

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Why not just letting quickness speed up stomp again? But continue to not allow quickness to revive faster.

This makes downing a target more meaningful, and opens up viability and utility of builds that can reliably gain quickness, without it being to broken in the revival department?

If we add quickness back in for stomps we’d likely allow slow to reduce stomp speed for consistency’s sake…and slowed stomping doesn’t feel great.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Thoughts?

I still think the Downed penalty should be added to PvP.

Even if the class I main would end up suffering the most for it.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

So, we’ll likely change things in phases so we don’t over-correct. Here’s what we’re thinking for a phase 1:

• Reduce downstate invuln duration to around .1s. This means you still get the full condi cleanse, but you can keep cleaving.
  • Cap rally distance.

Thoughts?

Edit for clarity: these would be PvP-only changes. Also, not including any skill proposals at this point.

I say that is definitely great for a first phase. Hopefully it will be enough. Let’s try it, and see where that gets us.

NSPride <3

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

The idea of re-adding the downed penalty is great.

IMO, if I start stomping at the same time a single ally of the downed player starts rezzing, the stomp should beat the rez regardless of downstate traits.

Adding back in the downstate penalty might be a good compromise for people who disagree.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

Sorry to interrupt, but since you’re adjusting the reviving of downstate players, could you please fix the underwater version (aka Drowning)? In its current state, it not possible for even two other players to rezz a downstate player in underwater combat. The life withdrawal of the underwater downstate is so strong, it literally takes an hour to rezz the drowing player unless he swims to the surface or activates Bandage.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Sorry to interrupt, but since you’re adjusting the reviving of downstate players, could you please fix the underwater version (aka Drowning)? In its current state, it not possible for even two other players to rezz a downstate player in underwater combat. The life withdrawal of the underwater downstate is so strong, it literally takes an hour to rezz the drowing player unless he swims to the surface or activates Bandage.

This is in PvP only, where there is no underwater, your request would better serve in WvW forums or Pve I believe

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

If we add quickness back in for stomps we’d likely allow slow to reduce stomp speed for consistency’s sake…and slowed stomping doesn’t feel great.

It sounds like a decent albeit annoying counter if quickness stomps got out of hand, but I’m guessing it’s already been tested and seemed sour despite the limited access to slow, if you’re mentioning it in such a way.

But for the sake of balance, and the health of the game (presuming it is balanced), could exceptions not be made so mechanics function one way compared to others? Even if it hurts the consistency? I’m not a dev but it seems like a small price to pay. Especially when the other solutions are sometimes to find un-related or less direct solutions for the sake of consistency.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

It sounds like a decent albeit annoying counter if quickness stomps got out of hand, but I’m guessing it’s already been tested and seemed sour despite the limited access to slow, if you’re mentioning it in such a way.

But for the sake of balance, and the health of the game (presuming it is balanced), could exceptions not be made so mechanics function one way compared to others? Even if it hurts the consistency? I’m not a dev but it seems like a small price to pay. Especially when the other solutions are sometimes to find un-related or less direct solutions for the sake of consistency.

Let me guess you didn’t play season 1? Where this was the biggest problem, where Chronomancers dominated quickness and slow on Aoe

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

The question is why are you slowed? Is it because a Chrono dropped his Time Warp Elite, slow well, or interrupted you? Then that’s fair, and does feel great.

Is it because the downed rev is spamming his downed state AA? That’s not fair, and doesn’t feel great.

So Quickness for stomp is a good idea, slowness on stomps is fine for the sake of consistency, but remove slow on rev downed AA and everything will be fine.

Let me guess you didn’t play season 1? Where this was the biggest problem, where Chronomancers dominated quickness and slow on Aoe

Season 1 had far more going on in it than just quickness/slow. All specs/comps were bunker, so cleave couldn’t hurt anybody while they freely ressed. Interrupting wasnt possible because of all the stability+invuln. There was a broader recipe that made that season a disaster.

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

The question is why are you slowed? Is it because a Chrono dropped his Time Warp Elite, slow well, or interrupted you? Then that’s fair, and does feel great.

Is it because the downed rev is spamming his downed state AA? That’s not fair, and doesn’t feel great.

So Quickness for stomp is a good idea, slowness on stomps is fine for the sake of consistency, but remove slow on rev downed AA and everything will be fine.

Season 1 had far more going on in it than just quickness/slow. All specs/comps were bunker, so cleave couldn’t hurt anybody while they freely ressed. Interrupting wasnt possible because of all the stability+invuln. There was a broader recipe that made that season a disaster.

Oh I know but the Rez / Quickness was a big problem as well, the two just exasperated each other.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

OriOri.8724

Or quickness/slow should just not affect stomping/rezzing anyway (but still remove the slow on Rev downed state 1). Stomping should be a dangerous action to take, it shouldn’t be a gimme, which is what it will turn into if quickness would apply to it. Likewise it shouldn’t be a definitive killer by having slow affect it. Just tone down the scrapper gyro (and give it some other kitten use. Seriously it was beyond stupid to design an entire class mechanic around PvP).

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Oh I know but the Rez / Quickness was a big problem as well, the two just exasperated each other.

Quickness has effected stomp/rez speed since release. Quickness’ effect was nerfed from 100% to 50% speed. Since that time there was never a complaint about quickness effecting stomp/rez speed UNTIL Season 1 HoT meta unbalanced the game.

If you reintroduced quickness effecting stomp/rez under the current meta there wouldn’t be the same problem. And in fact it’d bring value to various elites/utilities/weapons. However the one caveat is that the access/investment/reward of quickness and slow needs to be taken into consideration. Slow on AA for Rev is an example of bad. Quickness/slow on Time Warp is an example of good. 100% boon duration on warrior running his various quickness traits + berserk = unbalanced where stomping is involved. So there are lines that need to be drawn. Still, applying a timely amount of quickness for a stomp is a good, useful use of the boon.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

Quickness has effected stomp/rez speed since release. Quickness’ effect was nerfed from 100% to 50% speed. Since that time there was never a complaint about quickness effecting stomp/rez speed UNTIL Season 1 HoT meta unbalanced the game.

If you reintroduced quickness effecting stomp/rez under the current meta there wouldn’t be the same problem. And in fact it’d bring value to various elites/utilities/weapons. However the one caveat is that the access/investment/reward of quickness and slow needs to be taken into consideration. Slow on AA for Rev is an example of bad. Quickness/slow on Time Warp is an example of good. 100% boon duration on warrior running his various quickness traits + berserk = unbalanced where stomping is involved. So there are lines that need to be drawn. Still, applying a timely amount of quickness for a stomp is a good, useful use of the boon.

agree with this.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Put a delay on when allies can start rezzing. I see it start INSTANTLY before they hit the floor.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.