Tone Down Revive

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Static.5723

Static.5723

So, we’ll likely change things in phases so we don’t over-correct. Here’s what we’re thinking for a phase 1:

• Reduce downstate invuln duration to around .1s. This means you still get the full condi cleanse, but you can keep cleaving.
  • Cap rally distance.

Thoughts?

Edit for clarity: these would be PvP-only changes. Also, not including any skill proposals at this point.

Seems like a good start. The downstate HP and rez heal per tick needs to be reduced as well. Rally should be eliminated from PvP entirely.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Kitrace Starbird.1742

Kitrace Starbird.1742

How about bringing back the old GW1 goodie- ranger spirit FROZEN SOIL

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

So, we’ll likely change things in phases so we don’t over-correct. Here’s what we’re thinking for a phase 1:

• Reduce downstate invuln duration to around .1s. This means you still get the full condi cleanse, but you can keep cleaving.
  • Cap rally distance.

Thoughts?

Edit for clarity: these would be PvP-only changes. Also, not including any skill proposals at this point.

I would also include a res speed reduction on function gyro for pvp only. It could still res but not that fast. maybe -50% or -30%

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

• Implement 1-to-1 rally policy, similar to WvW. This means that only 1 player would rally per enemy killed, rather than up to 5. Would likely be the downed ally closest to the enemy player.
  • Cap the range at which someone can rally.
  • Bring back PvE-downstate policy
  • Shorten revive/downed “invuln” buff.
  • Adjust outlier revive skills (Function Gyro)

Yes.

• Reduce healing per tick when rezzing.
  • Further reduce downstate HP

No.

I agree with this.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Why not just letting quickness speed up stomp again? But continue to not allow quickness to revive faster.

This makes downing a target more meaningful, and opens up viability and utility of builds that can reliably gain quickness, without it being to broken in the revival department?

If we add quickness back in for stomps we’d likely allow slow to reduce stomp speed for consistency’s sake…and slowed stomping doesn’t feel great.

The question is why are you slowed? Is it because a Chrono dropped his Time Warp Elite, slow well, or interrupted you? Then that’s fair, and does feel great.

Is it because the downed rev is spamming his downed state AA? That’s not fair, and doesn’t feel great.

So Quickness for stomp is a good idea, slowness on stomps is fine for the sake of consistency, but remove slow on rev downed AA and everything will be fine.

Let me guess you didn’t play season 1? Where this was the biggest problem, where Chronomancers dominated quickness and slow on Aoe

Season 1 had far more going on in it than just quickness/slow. All specs/comps were bunker, so cleave couldn’t hurt anybody while they freely ressed. Interrupting wasnt possible because of all the stability+invuln. There was a broader recipe that made that season a disaster.

Oh I know but the Rez / Quickness was a big problem as well, the two just exasperated each other.

Quickness has effected stomp/rez speed since release. Quickness’ effect was nerfed from 100% to 50% speed. Since that time there was never a complaint about quickness effecting stomp/rez speed UNTIL Season 1 HoT meta unbalanced the game.

If you reintroduced quickness effecting stomp/rez under the current meta there wouldn’t be the same problem. And in fact it’d bring value to various elites/utilities/weapons. However the one caveat is that the access/investment/reward of quickness and slow needs to be taken into consideration. Slow on AA for Rev is an example of bad. Quickness/slow on Time Warp is an example of good. 100% boon duration on warrior running his various quickness traits + berserk = unbalanced where stomping is involved. So there are lines that need to be drawn. Still, applying a timely amount of quickness for a stomp is a good, useful use of the boon.

Yes but if you bring back quickness stomps you need to bring back slow stomps, and right now Chronomancer for the most part has a monopoly on Slow especially as an Aoe compared to other classes outside of Necromancers corrupting Quickness, which is still an imbalance.

Right now it’s should be left out until they can fix other issues of Class balance in PvP.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Why not just letting quickness speed up stomp again? But continue to not allow quickness to revive faster.

This makes downing a target more meaningful, and opens up viability and utility of builds that can reliably gain quickness, without it being to broken in the revival department?

If we add quickness back in for stomps we’d likely allow slow to reduce stomp speed for consistency’s sake…and slowed stomping doesn’t feel great.

The question is why are you slowed? Is it because a Chrono dropped his Time Warp Elite, slow well, or interrupted you? Then that’s fair, and does feel great.

Is it because the downed rev is spamming his downed state AA? That’s not fair, and doesn’t feel great.

So Quickness for stomp is a good idea, slowness on stomps is fine for the sake of consistency, but remove slow on rev downed AA and everything will be fine.

Let me guess you didn’t play season 1? Where this was the biggest problem, where Chronomancers dominated quickness and slow on Aoe

Season 1 had far more going on in it than just quickness/slow. All specs/comps were bunker, so cleave couldn’t hurt anybody while they freely ressed. Interrupting wasnt possible because of all the stability+invuln. There was a broader recipe that made that season a disaster.

Oh I know but the Rez / Quickness was a big problem as well, the two just exasperated each other.

Quickness has effected stomp/rez speed since release. Quickness’ effect was nerfed from 100% to 50% speed. Since that time there was never a complaint about quickness effecting stomp/rez speed UNTIL Season 1 HoT meta unbalanced the game.

If you reintroduced quickness effecting stomp/rez under the current meta there wouldn’t be the same problem. And in fact it’d bring value to various elites/utilities/weapons. However the one caveat is that the access/investment/reward of quickness and slow needs to be taken into consideration. Slow on AA for Rev is an example of bad. Quickness/slow on Time Warp is an example of good. 100% boon duration on warrior running his various quickness traits + berserk = unbalanced where stomping is involved. So there are lines that need to be drawn. Still, applying a timely amount of quickness for a stomp is a good, useful use of the boon.

Yes but if you bring back quickness stomps you need to bring back slow stomps, and right now Chronomancer for the most part has a monopoly on Slow especially as an Aoe compared to other classes outside of Necromancers corrupting Quickness, which is still an imbalance.

Right now it’s should be left out until they can fix other issues of Class balance in PvP.

Heaven forbid this game should have features more prevalent to unique classes than others. As opposed to current developments that’ll see every class with every feature loaded into their AA chain by 2018 XD

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Heaven forbid this game should have features more prevalent to unique classes than others. As opposed to current developments that’ll see every class with every feature loaded into their AA chain by 2018 XD

Yeah i remember when classes had unique features look what happened they got nerfed and created power creep, I would love for them to go back to having unique features but it has been shown time and again to be a disaster.

So yes I would like them to fix other issues with the game and actually have a design philosophy setup before making changes like quickness and slow Rez/Stomps.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

The idea of re-adding the downed penalty is great.

IMO, if I start stomping at the same time a single ally of the downed player starts rezzing, the stomp should beat the rez regardless of downstate traits.

And IMO, If I’m traited with downstate traits and start rezing at the same time someone starts stomping without cleaves to slow it down, I should beat the stomper.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

• Cap rally distance.

Thoughts?

As long as the rally distance isn’t something super short. At least an ele’s full mistform away distance?

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Calanthe.3857

Calanthe.3857

“Bring back PvE-downstate policy”

Good idea. But when did the policy get removed? I wasn’t even aware of that.

This is something we’ve been monitoring for a while. We’re looking at a couple of different options here, but we do need to be careful making changes to something that is so integral to PvP gameplay (and as a note, we’d be making changes to PvP only).

Below are some suggestions I’ve seen on this forum over the past few months. We wouldn’t do all of them of course, but I figured I’d throw them out and see how you folks feel about them.

• Implement 1-to-1 rally policy, similar to WvW. This means that only 1 player would rally per enemy killed, rather than up to 5. Would likely be the downed ally closest to the enemy player.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Calanthe.3857

Calanthe.3857

“Shorten revive/downed “invuln” buff.”

I agree with that also.

And here’s another idea: For the classes that don’t have auto-ally-revive skills, you could give them skills that temporarily block nearby enemies from reviving their allies.

This is something we’ve been monitoring for a while. We’re looking at a couple of different options here, but we do need to be careful making changes to something that is so integral to PvP gameplay (and as a note, we’d be making changes to PvP only).

Below are some suggestions I’ve seen on this forum over the past few months. We wouldn’t do all of them of course, but I figured I’d throw them out and see how you folks feel about them.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

• Cap rally distance.

Thoughts?

As long as the rally distance isn’t something super short. At least an ele’s full mistform away distance?

We’re going to test around 3000 units. That’s a little less than mid to side nodes on most maps.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

We’re going to test around 3000 units. That’s a little less than mid to side nodes on most maps.

Seems too far to make any difference at all, I can’t remember the last time I got rallied from an entire node away. 1200-1500 units would be better imo.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Seems too far to make any difference at all, I can’t remember the last time I got rallied from an entire node away. 1200-1500 units would be better imo.

Thing is, if a player who got stomped out was a direct cause of an enemy player getting killed off point, that downed player should get rewarded.

Currently the distance is so far away that it’s just silly to rally randomly when players have no idea why. Honestly, it’s not so much the distance as it is just how the “damage threshold” happens when attacking another player.

It should be, if a player makes another waste their 3 utilities and/or a 20% dmg dealt to that player, he’s able to rally from him.
When player is no longer in combat, it resets.
When player gains back his utilities and/or 30% health gained back from other player, it resets.

That’s really the best route to take, instead of a “I hit entire team once, 1 died so I rallied”.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

The down state idea is basicly nice, even with the current rezz speed and invuln duration, its the inconsistency in the overall balance and downstate skills that make it trivial. Certain skills and effects counter some or all of the mechanics linked to downstate play. There should not be a single “safestomp” ability, no stealth stomp. Blind shouldnt affect downed players, downed skills that prevent stomping should be similar strong in power, difference in effect is good, big differencies in power or reliability should not exist. Then remove free stability all over the place, and free aoe CC over the place and you have a very tactical component that boils down to more then spam all skills onto the first downed person.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: daw.4923

daw.4923

they need to add death penalty,bcs is annoing to kill same person 3x in row,and he can get up again and again,or just simply make player which died in last 15 sec again,to be his next downed state instadeath.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Not sure on this one. This could make or break… It is a good idea for sure since it would force players to remain cautious after getting a down, minding the fact that only one of them can afford to drop to secure the finish/kill. Sounds good for competitive play, but would severely restrict one’s carrying ability in pug queue.

It’s absurd that this is even up for discussion. It should have been done since day 1.

Potentially hurts the risk vs reward for the res, but on the other hand does someone deserve to be revived to a good health level when they are dropping repetitively? It could be a boon to teams running more risk as opposed to those running safer, sustain, support and revive oriented builds and strategies. I’d say yes.

Shorten? No. Get rid of it entirely? Yes. If you can start ressing and stomping a down instantly, you should be able to start cleaving it instantly. Being knocked down makes you vulnerable, not temporarily immortal. If that was the case, we should all be stumbling over onto our backs and jumping back up to avoid burst and save a dodge. This is also especially annoying for Impact Strike’s 3rd hit…

Yes, or make the downed player take increased damage through an added status effect. It depends on how you want it to be:

• Just plain slower to revive = reduce healing per tick.
  • Same speed when not being attacked, while balancing damage vs healing = status effect to make incoming damage increased for the downed player.

Maybe a bit. This isn’t really the problem, so fixing by tweaking this may only be a temporary solution.

Yes. Make them only in effect when the player themself is ressing, and taking such skills should be at the cost of something significant.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

(edited by Impact.2780)

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: ZalonWolf.3291

ZalonWolf.3291

I think keeping downstate may be a good idea – however perhaps remove the ability to res in combat like it has been done in WvW… which essentially means to save your friend you’re going to need to kill your enemy.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Yes:

No

Personally I liked the old GW mechanic much better. You couldn’t just keep dying over and over. Eventually you would get too much death penalty and have to sit out. Also, rezing was limited. You were forced to either take a one time hard rez skill, or you could take a multi-use soft rez that took forever to cast.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Defo cap the range. I had several cases of down ppl ressing out of the blue (thieves being prime example) where there was nothing nearby to be killed and grant them a ress. So either a hack or (to not throw accusations out of the blue) someone on my team was stomped but at far bigger range then i’d expect to ress him.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Cake.4920

Cake.4920

How about, instead of cleansing conditions when you go into downstate, you cleanse them when you come out of downstate instead? This would allow you to “pre-cast” poison/damage to make stomps easier, while also allowing a revived person to actually be revived, whereas sometimes they might drop 1s later due to condis.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

Of these just do the single rally and reduce the downstate initial hp IMO.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

Add plz downstate penelty. If downed player is rezzed, he has -10% hp stakcing up to -90% until death,

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Glaciate.3901

Glaciate.3901

make players who rally up come back with 25-33% health not 50%, like impact said get rid of the invulnerable window when they go down, and elimate gyro res and make all res traits grandmaster. pssssssst please buff shortbow #2 (more dmg), #3 (more dmg or more leap back range), #4 (More duration of poison) on thief plz thank you, dont let this thread go 2nd page, this stuff needs to get fixed asap!

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

3000 range sounds huge. 1500 feels reasonable so i think 2000 would be OK. But how about removing rally completely?
I personaly would remove downed skills but even increase downstate HP.
Also i agree anny invul on downed or rezz is stupid as it is that you get some free condi clear.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Might sound stupid, but what about some sort of timing rez factor? Give Instant rez utilities a function in PvP again.

Go into downstate, no bleed outs. You sit there for 5 seconds, if no one finishes you off, you rez. Your allies can defend you without being unable to defend themselves from cleave or they can leave you to get stomped.

If they want the player rezzed before the timer, thats where instant rez skills can be useful again like a Warbanner.

(My issue with downstate is dying trying to rez allies, I want to help but sometimes it’s best to let your ally die while you AoE bomb the group cleaving him)

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

I agree with the downstate penalty…

I had a two vs one fight in which I was fighting a druid and a guard… I downed the guard at least three times the fight, and the druid kept ressing him over and over before I can get a stomp in, not cool.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: LinhZeri.6412

LinhZeri.6412

after 4 years this is an issue now… I’m going to assume game play has moved on from the down state mechanic . In all modes players should just go down immediately and have a death penalty like guild wars 1 to make your death actually have meaning instead of just up and go in again like a robot. Also fully dead players should be revived mid fight (only one reviving them) with no extended cooldown while in combat (so always same revival time) or wait for the timer to auto revive at 1 minute intervals pretty much how guild wars 1 had in certain pvp maps. This would also make revival skills finally have a purpose as no one uses them out of nitche situations …. I mean why would you blow 3 second long cast time to use a revival utility when you can go up and touch them to res faster.. with multiple people… with a free utility slot open.. it never made sense and has been this way since the start of this game. Also while we on this topic.. if the downed state was removed the HP of all classes should be doubled (or increased that is up to balance team) as you need that cushion room to survive a bit longer (since down state isn’t there as a chance to be saved by a rally).

Edit: If any ideas needed for the death penalty.. perhaps damaged gear reduces the statistics and armor on the gear it damages by 50% and have broken items do what it does now which is completely removes it . Gear fully repairs after a pvp match. This would also apply to pve as well however they got the repair option.

(edited by LinhZeri.6412)

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

The downstate change sounds amazing and actually allows time to cleave the body

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I would say remove rally entirely – even if you kill an enemy while downed, you have to res yourself/be ressed by an ally.

Invuln on downed certainly needs to go too.

And some outlier skills could be adjusted (function gyro, pet res).

And I like the idea of diminishing return of health every time you res/are ressed.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

Many wvw roamers and 1vX’ers including myself beleive this is a step in the right direction. I can see these changes to further encourge small scale and solo roam gamplay in wvw. Thank you Davis for taking a serious look at this.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Yes.

No.

This.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

just an idea about death penalty

when you get killed you lose 5% from you amulet state. you get it back when you kill an enemy

it will give more meaning to res allies and help them kill an enemy to get back the 5% so smarter rotation will be needed

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

Yes:

No

Based on our playstyle some of us will have a difference of opinon on the reduced downstate HP and healing per tick when receiving a rez. Please beleive, there is a reason that those two are being looked at and are supported to be reduced across the board. These two really do need to be reduced to some degree.

(edited by Xtinct.7031)

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Stiofan.6720

Stiofan.6720

All of them would be nice, Or even better just remove downstate from spvp.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Glaciate.3901

Glaciate.3901

so uh this is getting nerfed to the ground right? players that get ressed come back with 10% health, no invuln window, poison prevents ressing, all res traits grandmaster in a line they dont need, everytime you down you loose 10 points so forth Make it happen please!

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

hell yes. This would be a large change and a good one, but it also would make a lot of traits useless there …

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Mnemesis.8257

Mnemesis.8257

Just want to point out that many of the “adjustments” that seem to be thrown around tend to have an extremely biased and unrewarding transition. If there truly is a desire to gut one of the most situational mechanics in the game, then there undoubtedly MUST be an unquestionably rewarding replacement. Not sure why I’m bothering to state this, as it took nearly two years of pitching skill balances for AED to receive a simple CD reduction; a skill with far more restriction than Funky G ever has/will.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

This will benefit some classes much more than others.

I can’t see it helping the game at all.

Tone Down Revive

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

• Cap rally distance.

Thoughts?

Seems like a good start. The downstate HP and rez heal per tick needs to be reduced as well. Rally should be eliminated from PvP entirely.

Yeah, no it adds choices to the encounter. Do you attempt to stomp or res? Does your decision to try to cleave when someone else is stomping your teammate cause a rally. I like those decisions.