Tone down AI plzz

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Too much AI is ruining spvp and making it no skill at all , current meta is just garbage and is minion master/spirit ranger in everygame . Had enough

Bring back skill plzz n stop this nonsense bunker/condi/AI nonsense

If you want tone it down then fix targeting to Players Only

thanx…

[WM]give us in game ladder

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Minionmancer Bm/Spirit Ranger and phantasm mesmer are back in a Big way :/
Anet likes these specs and for some reason keeps buffing them to the point that they over power specs that takes any amount of skill to play.

“But what if there’s a minionmancer on point, then you’re really screwed aren’t you?” Jon Sharp State of the game interview
“Minionmancer isn’t meta and never will be” -Xeph

Who had the last laugh?

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

(edited by Darnis.4056)

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

We need more AI. Anet should simplify it more by condensing all skills down to one button called “attack”. This will spice PVP up and bring more casual player in. The population will explode and esport will be born. A few years later they can start giving players a second button hence introducing back the skill factor.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

If the professions running AI get other options to choose from i think people would love to switch..
wondering why you feel clones are not in AI spam.

I disagree with the single target, i would agree with the same targeting setup for mesmers necro’s and rangers alike.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

By 2015 maybe spirits and things wont be amazing. Funny really. They nerf all the res skills like signet of undeath and illusion of life – but with the spirit of nature they let it have a 1 second cast time.

This game is awful at this point. Sorry guys. People laugh at this game. What sort of pvp game is one in which (maybe) the strongest build revolves around using 4-6 Ai things to do all the work for you whilst you literally dont press a single button to do maximum dps (sb #1). Why do you think that even when you watch streams of people with HOURS into gw2 who play the game all day – even they just qq about how bad the game is.

This game is a laughing stock and it will only get worse.

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Mesmers may use NPCs to deal damage but good ones don’t rely on “AI”. Clones and phantasms are basically disposable in most builds, usually counted on to do one burst of damage and then be shattered or killed.

Mesmer strength or weakness has little to do with “AI”.

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

The real problem isnt the way things are right now..The problem is that Anet doesnt believe that things are pretty bad..

Its something the drink in water?Its something they smoke?
I dont know but they think that the situation is “getting better”…
Also they think that even if spvp fails the pve WvW will pay their bills..

Y right…There was a time when there werent high quality mmos out there..WoW was the king even tho it had so many faults..
Right now new mmos comes out almost every year, they have nice developing and they learned from WoWs mistakes to introduce some interesting mechanics..

As things are right now ppl will keep jumping from mmo to mmo unless some mmo puts some effort to establish competitive enviroment..I mean esports….

Only with the esports status can a pc game survive nowdays….Cause if we strip this from LoL its a totally boring game…The same thing over and over…Someone must pick the ad someone the support…kill nexus….push that lane….etc etc

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

so basically you don’t want any Necros in the game?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

ANET doesn’t get that there are people who are giving them false data in the form of whining on the forums. These whines are not in the interest of bettering the game they are in the interest of the players and are selfish whines.

All this this bad data is coming from players who want their own perfered professions buffed and other professions nerfed. Many of game mechanics these players use are passive and overpowered and as a result they do not have to abide by the same rules that other classes have to and as a result they generally are lazy in their approach to PVP and as a result of that lazyness they get defeated. Then they come to whine and ANET listens to them and then buffs them and nerfs the other professions.

This kitten is happening time and again. ANET doesn’t learn.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

i’m really getting tired reading these qq’s about mesmers, rangers and necros. if you think they are so good why not just play them?

btw, these types of posts are getting old and lame.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

I main mesmer.. the only problem I have with the class is it rewards mediocrity.

Right now phantasm mesmer is so strong completely awful players can run it to great success, Same thing with minionmancer.

Why’s this bad for the class in general? Mesmer is now viewed as a super low skill class if the whole playstyle revolves on ai spam and blinking off point to ether heal up. Even if you run a high skill required variant like full glkittenter people still look down on you as AI spam master.

Why don’t I run it? Self respect, oh and my team can’t run a phantasm mesmer.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

(edited by Darnis.4056)

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

The only think I’m not ok with about mesmer is the fact that one of their main mechanics revolves around making the game more messy.

Ain’t not like I can’t spot the real mesmer, but adding more things on group fights is annoying.XD

Said that, I wouldn’t know how to fix it, so I’d be ok with ANet toning down particle effects and reducing AI spam.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

I main mesmer.. the only problem I have with the class is it rewards mediocrity.

Right now phantasm mesmer is so strong completely awful players can run it to great success, Same thing with minionmancer.

Why’s this bad for the class in general? Mesmer is now viewed as a super low skill class if the whole playstyle revolves on ai spam and blinking off point to ether heal up. Even if you run a high skill required variant like full glkittenter people still look down on you as AI spam master.

Why don’t I run it? Self respect, oh and my team can’t run a phantasm mesmer.

I agree with this. Sadly it’s what a LOT of mesmers are running just because it’s so “safe” and effective to hide/blink hide behind cover while sending in armies of clones to do the job.

Sometimes I’m nearly dead and waiting for my healing cooldown to come up while I wait in cover, only to have a random clone/minion/pet to NAVIGATE it’s way to me while the actual enemy is nowhere to be seen. Like…seriously??
Why the hell is an AI npc tracking me down when I’m behind cover and the enemy is out of line of sight? It’s just so stupid.

(edited by Wintel.4873)

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

For now, remove AoE limit.
Will be a big step to balance AI.

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

while you’re at it tone down the practice classes. the engineer npc kills me every time GOD kitten IT

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

while you’re at it tone down the practice classes. the engineer npc kills me every time GOD kitten IT

o_O
You may want to seek help :S

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: Teckos.1305

Teckos.1305

Hum you guys know spirit ranger isn’t proper Ai build right?

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: Psychogene.6780

Psychogene.6780

Shuuuush someone from anet might hear you OP.

Last time people collectively raised their voices on this issue, they decided to add another spirit to the ranger pokemon collection.

I think its best to just stay silent and they might get the crazy idea no-one uses A.I thus removing them all. Just a dream I suppose …

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I would just like to see that reflect skills target the player, not the AI. It would be helpful if the iduelist dmg hit the mesmer and not the phantasm etc etc..minion dmg hit the necro and not the tiny scuttle bugs running around their feet.

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

I’m so sick about this.
I don’t enjoy pvp for a long time by now.

Spirit rangers with hordes of npcs.

Then mesmers come with infinite clones while being in stealth longer than a thief + teleporting.

Necro comes with minions. Minion attacks doesn’t have cast time / animation. Instantly charge into you, fear you, you lose your target in hordes of mobs.

All I see is I spend my 90 % time trying to kill NPCs at PvP while everybody is being in stealth (ofc everybody need to get stealth!) and I have no target to hit at all ,while npcs eating me.

PvP is not enjoyable at all. maybe some people try to struggle with it cuz they like to roll silly builds like these NPC horde builds and it feels good to them to make other angry.
But in pvp aspect this game deserve -1 from 10.

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

always anoying when goes vs minonmaster as a shatter mesmer and everything you throw on this guy get eatn by stupid minions sitting around

mesmer illusion and ranger pet (main pet) should be only AI mobs ingame – all others are clutter in gamemechanics and bring nothing to the table than annoy ppl

all necro minions, all ranger spirits all guardian spiritweapons should be deleted from game

(edited by Romek.4201)

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

so basically you don’t want any Necros in the game?

Im not saying this at all , but the targeting system is horrible and gives players with AI a huge advantage surely you know this right /?

if we had a lock target till dead im cool with AI

[WM]give us in game ladder

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

Ugh, if you’re going to complain about spirit rangers. Please also suggest things that they can improve to make other builds viable.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Ugh, if you’re going to complain about spirit rangers. Please also suggest things that they can improve to make other builds viable.

They would need complete redesign.. This “survival” class is designed around dodging around “surviving” while passives kill the enemies.. you would have to remake traits/utilities and class mechanic to improve ranger

While anet could work more active builds “viable”, AI will always be more effective.. and most rangers will continue to play because free wins is more enjoyable than actually having to play the game

Valentin.2073

IA builds are deff strong, but they are also not fun. they just give a false sense of accomplishment, turning okay players into better players by letting AI play the game for them. players who are confident they are good will usually play what is fun and enjoyable for them.

(edited by google.3709)

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

Yay, tone down AI and make better the telegraphing from heavy attaks.. so that EVERYONE can show some skill.
ROFL

Attachments:

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

(edited by Luke.4562)

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: twity.4732

twity.4732

“it’s honestly silly. pigeon holed into boring builds.”
– A Mesmer who misses shatter

Tone down AI plzz

in PvP

Posted by: Xhale.2869

Xhale.2869

one way to fix mesmers….. make there AI’s half the size of the original player…. job done

asura mesmers would basically be running about with mobs the size of collectable pets and normal players mobs the size of asuras….

Mesmer’s op AI or what ever people are crying about is now no issue..

As for necros…. make there transform skills bind them to the spot(they will still have the teleport skill) thus fixing there broken HP cause u can just run away/range them until they have no option to move… there minion build isn’t broken imo but there amount of hp is with them being bound it would make this a lot more workable instead of having a 60k hp condi train running all over the place lol (necros may flame me but I play one also)…

as for rangers there original gameplay from a year ago before they got nerfed into the choices they need to use now was a lot better than today…yeh they needed nerfed back then but it wasn’t needed as much as it was done..