Top meta classes after balance?

in PvP

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

I am only interrested what we expect and what will be reality after balance patch.

For me is:
A+
Necromancer
Thief
Druid

A
Warrior
Revenant

B+
Engineer
Guardian

B
Elementalist
Mesmer

This will not be truth, but for fun try post your’s

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Top is likely to be
Overlords:
Thief
Necro
Engi

Good
Ranger
Revenants

Likely to be trash:
Guardians (more squishy meta can maybe help however)
Wars (is sustain help sufficient?)
Ele (was strong against condies without ds in the past…but cele amulet no more here)

Trash for sure:
Mesmer (shatter gonna be eaten alive by thieves (as it has always been) and bunker seeems dead in all directions (no more amulets / unblockable skillssharing / quickness rez nerf / quickness stomp nerf))

(edited by Kicast.1459)

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

With the amulet changes, I’m not sold on druids doing too well…

Thieves will be in a good spot, but I don’t expect you’ll still ever want to have more than 1 on a team. However, I do expect every team in leagues will go back to having one.

in PvP

David.5974

Top is likely to be
Overlords:
Thief
Necro
Engi

Good
Ranger
Revenants

Likely to be trash:
Ele (was strong against condies without ds in the past…but cele amulet no more here)

Trash for sure:
Mesmer (shatter gonna be eaten alive by thieves (as it has always been) and bunker seeems dead in all directions (no more amulets / unblockable skillssharing / quickness rez nerf / quickness stomp nerf))

Interresting top trio. But I hope that warrior will be more above. They meaby add more condi cleanse.

Engi get minor nerf to scrapper. As I enjoy scrapper, I must say appologize because its really unbalanced if you play it well.

Necro. I dont have any problem with reaper, necro, even if he is my counter, boost necro no problem but damaging chill… this is always my death. If I see kill info: 27k dmg chill, 15k poison, 14k bleed.. It is a big jump. I don’t suggest reduce dmg, but duration. Or look deep on this.

Thieves dmg increase i think not much affect pvp. Meaby they get more chance in pve who know. Now I hunting thieves like a cat hunt mouse… I fear that balance can change this.. (No ^^)

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

I could see engis come out of this pretty well. They were solid before scrapper and if this does end up being so good for thieves, their access to anti-stealth may work out well.

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

In terms of what will be viable but not necessarily meta:

Offense:

• Reaper
  • Necromancer
  • Daredevil
  • DH (meditations)
  • Herald (Power)
  • Thief?
  • Scrapper?
  • Chronomancer? (condi ofc.)

Team fighter:

• Scrapper
  • Tempest
  • Engineer

Support:

• DH
  • Tempest
  • Guardian
  • Engineer?

In terms of what will be meta:

Offense:

• Reaper
  • Daredevil
  • DH (meditations)
  • Herald (Power)

Team Fighter:

• Scrapper
  • Tempest
  • Engineer

Support:

• DH

Edit: If you want some sort of order.. I suppose
1) Reaper
2) Scrapper
3) Daredevil
4) Engineer
5) Herald
6) Tempest
7) Necromancer
8) DH
9) Druid
10) Thief
11) Guardian
12) Berserker
13) Warrior
14) Ranger
15) Chronomancer
16) Elementalist
17) Mesmer
18) Revenant

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

(edited by Impact.2780)

in PvP

Posted by: Soul.9280

Soul.9280

Impact, did you fail to mention Revenant intentionally (because they will be trash after the patch) or due to oversight? You also failed to mention Druid/Ranger… and given the lack of nerfs to Druid, I’m thinking Druid will still be in the meta.

in PvP

David.5974

Okay this is what we expect what Anet will make. So it will be interresting return here after 2 weeks and watch how we know Anet moves, or not

in PvP

Impact.2780

Impact, did you fail to mention Revenant intentionally (because they will be trash after the patch) or due to oversight? You also failed to mention Druid/Ranger… and given the lack of nerfs to Druid, I’m thinking Druid will still be in the meta.

Oversight.

Druids I just plain don’t like. I never felt they offered anything except the ability to 1v1.

in PvP

Posted by: DEATHsCLAW.1978

DEATHsCLAW.1978

Thieves will be in a good spot, but I don’t expect you’ll still ever want to have more than 1 on a team. However, I do expect every team in leagues will go back to having one.

correct me if I’m wrong but there werent any nerfs to their op pets announced right? as long as this doesnt happen driud will remain up top since their own damage doesnt matter.. they can take cleric too you remember?

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Mender’s looks like it syncs with druid even better than celestial does. You have more burst potential while still maintaining viable healing. Sigil of transference should be decent.

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Please, stop calling it balance. It is not.

And no, necromancer will be trashed hard. Only active defense they have to survive focus ? Dodge. And they want to butcher energy sigil.

It will be “focus the necro” as usual, only more effective.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in PvP

Impact.2780

With the amulet changes, I’m not sold on druids doing too well...

Mender’s looks like it syncs with druid even better than celestial does. You have more burst potential while still maintaining viable healing. Sigil of transference should be decent.

Druids don’t have enough stability go to the no toughness route. They will be hit on as if they were marauder, and can’t heal when cc chained by scrappers, daredevils, or even warriors and other druids. Anything that doesn’t have full support options - healing, cleansing and boons for allies - can’t go the full support route, and would need to take Paladin’s. This also includes Tempests unfortunately because by design they need that vitality and toughness. Except in the case of Tempests, they have the old healing potential of arcane and water, plus that from auras with tempest, so they may be able to return to the D/D bruiser role that they had to ditch due to it having insufficient pressure in a bunker meta.

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Reapers and Scrappers probably on top: they have several viable iterations and can go either condi or powers without too much trouble keeping their effectiveness as bruisers.

Heralds still strong, due they keep their condi pressure untouched and the other classes will be more squishy than ever. Alternatively, Daredevils could maybe replace their role, but taking the slot of one of the Heralds (not the two).

Druids will have a key role as tanks/support, but probably will be less competitive in terms of damage.

Tempest and Chronos will lose a lot of slots; in some top tiers their slots will probably being disputed; in others they will be played by affinity, but probably with so-so results.

Dragon Hunters and Berserkers probably will stay as irrelevant as they are now.

in PvP

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

New Cancer Tier
=Reaper++ – New almost Dire ammy with extra power. It alone is a direct upgrade to its Carrion Meta spec(s). Death Perception patching them up to unbreakable gods.
=Scrapper+ – If Slick Shoes didn’t get fixed. Srapper Crapper + Mercenary or Pally ammy. RIP.

ASSassin Tier
Thief – Likely going to keep Ele, Druid, ad Chrono out of the meta entirely. As it has done before. It already hits hard, making it hit harder seems rather stupid with the removal of Bunkers. Checked by Scrapper and DH, but not countered.
Power Shiro -If Thief fails to keep the above out, this will. Its getting buffed too.

Questionable Tier
DH – Boon corruption
Druid – Boon corruption and Thief
Tempest – Boon corruption and Thief
Chorono – Boon corruption and Thief
Warrior – Boon corruption

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

in PvP

Posted by: vlad.4871

vlad.4871

you don t even know the full balance changes nostradamus.

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

New Cancer Tier
=Reaper++ – New almost Dire ammy with extra power. It alone is a direct upgrade to its Carrion Meta spec(s). Death Perception patching them up to unbreakable gods.
=Scrapper+ – If Slick Shoes didn’t get fixed. Srapper Crapper + Mercenary or Pally ammy. RIP.

ASSassin Tier
Thief – Likely going to keep Ele, Druid, ad Chrono out of the meta entirely. As it has done before. It already hits hard, making it hit harder seems rather stupid with the removal of Bunkers. Checked by Scrapper and DH, but not countered.
Power Shiro -If Thief fails to keep the above out, this will. Its getting buffed too.

Questionable Tier
DH – Boon corruption
Druid – Boon corruption and Thief
Tempest – Boon corruption and Thief
Chorono – Boon corruption and Thief
Warrior – Boon corruption

Thief can’t keep druid out of the meta because druid brings too much to the table. If a thief tries engaging me I’ll use point blank shot then use my bristleback’s ability to burst it down. I will then use rapid fire to bait some dodges and apply vulnerability. If I ever get too low I’ll proc signet of stone then heal up with CA form and finish off with lunar beam carefully timing the dazes.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

And no, necromancer will be trashed hard. Only active defense they have to survive focus ? Dodge. And they want to butcher energy sigil.

So many things wrong with your post.

1. This new patch won’t make everyone happy, but it will be better than the one we currently have.
2. Necro is going to be top 3, easily.

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Its favorable for Thiefs, and warriors. . Forcing other classes into squisher builds only helps warriors and thiefs.

I’ve seen most of the people post in here are just simply wrong. It favors Medi guards as well. Pretty much any class that can 100-zero you will be king. Warriors are one of those classes. Without your bunker boon walls to hide behind you can say good night.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in PvP

Posted by: vlad.4871

vlad.4871

So many things wrong with your post.

1. This new patch won’t make everyone happy, but it will be better than the one we currently have.
2. Necro is going to be top 3, easily.

How necro it s going to be top 3 if they have close to 0 defense?

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Its favorable for Thiefs, and warriors. . Forcing other classes into squisher builds only helps warriors and thiefs.

Helps my mesmer too.

Truth be told we have to wait and see

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

People who are posting here saying warriors are at the bottom in terms of raw offenxse are kidding themselfs. They are only 2nd to thief’s and maybe guardians in terms af raw burst damage.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I’m not seeing how necro is supposed to meta in a burst meta, necro doesn’t have much burst and it has terrible defense against burst

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I’m not seeing how necro is supposed to meta in a burst meta, necro doesn’t have much burst and it has terrible defense against burst

Actually, against burst, Necro has fantastic defense. It’s inherently difficult to burst a Necro down just due to the sheer volume of health you have to go through.

What Necros are weak to is CC and focus.

However, I think you underestimate how much someone throwing Weakness out like mad will do in a burst meta. Because they will weaken you, even if it’s just from corrupting your Might stacks.

From what we know Necro will do just fine in the upcoming meta. That said, there could be a lot we don’t know yet.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

Druids don’t have enough stability go to the no toughness route. They will be hit on as if they were marauder, and can’t heal when cc chained by scrappers, daredevils, or even warriors and other druids. Anything that doesn’t have full support options – healing, cleansing and boons for allies – can’t go the full support route, and would need to take Paladin’s. This also includes Tempests unfortunately because by design they need that vitality and toughness. Except in the case of Tempests, they have the old healing potential of arcane and water, plus that from auras with tempest, so they may be able to return to the D/D bruiser role that they had to ditch due to it having insufficient pressure in a bunker meta.

Revenant has good access to stability and a Ventari build looks like it’ll be well supported with Mender’s. There’s still lots of practice that’s needed to confirm it during the preseason however but the weapon skills combined with the tablet means that energy will be spent like crazy.

in PvP

Posted by: Dralor.3701

Dralor.3701

You guys who can predict the future should probably go pick some lotto numbers.

in PvP

Posted by: Exos.3472

Exos.3472

Like many, I suspect the top 3 classes to be reaper, daredevil and scrapper.

What I find very interesting, is that each of these classes seem to be weak/strong against another.

Thief is likely to burst down the necro, while not having that much boons he won’t be affected that much by corruption.

Scrapper on the other hand has mighty defenses even in glasscanon setup, he will likely stall and win on the long run vs thieves (just like he would do against Revenants 1v1 who couldn’t pressure them enough). But since this class is very boon-reliant, the necro-corruption will be devastating to them.

Tempest will adapt as fresh air, and my spvp elem mains are delighted to be back at ‘skilled gameplay’ with trashing away the cele ammy. According to them, the burst will be very good for cleaving downed opponents and potential rezzers from afar, now that quickness does not affect the rezzing.

Mesmers are in a hard spot, and I guess only those with a deep uunderstanding of the class will shine and succeed with it now.

Guardians will probably go back to bunkering, although the necro over-buff makes their viability questionnable.

Warriors… will stay in pve.

Druids are also hit by the removal of the cele ammy, but the pet damage was increased so i’ve got no worries about their dueling capabilities.

in PvP

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

-top-
engineer (scrapper buffed why?)

-good-
necromancer (still not as OP as scrapper)
ranger
revenant
thief (buffs are good but not over the top)

-decent-
elementalist (people will learn to walk again without the crutch. the new amulets are fine)
mesmer (still has buckets of utility)
guardian
warrior

-bad-
n/a

(edited by reikken.4961)

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

-top-

-good-
ranger
revenant

-decent-
elementalist (people will learn to walk again without the crutch. the new amulets are fine)
guardian
warrior

-bad-
n/a

scrapper is a joke even right now why yoou guys putting them in a pedestal ,heck normal engi with condi build far outperforms scrapper

in PvP

Posted by: bigo.9037

bigo.9037

you guys can say goodbye cus marauder druid with longbow is gonna melt everything that doesnt have 100 % magnetic aura uptime. in the current meta i already eat every single meta build alive in my quest to diamond as i smash through ruby with a 80 % winrate by going far and winning ANY 1v1 there ever as well as focusing single targets in team fights so hard they wont be able to stay alive long enough to do anything cus they have no choice but to try keeping themselves alive so all they can do is hold the point for a few extra moments.

in PvP

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

God’s:
Thief – best position any +1 spec has been in since launch
Necromancer – necromancer will be completely broken, as long as someone babysits them to prevent free kills by the thief but the new aim with toughness + vital as old carrion should help
Ranger – officially the best support and best 1v1 spec

Strong:
Engineer – staying the same, important because thieves are meta and healing blastfinishers for mid sustained with weaker eles and cleanse for evil condi necros

Decent:
Guardian – bunky dh will fill bunk mesmer void + ele nerf
Elementalist – ele will be weaker but not worthless with suboptimal amulets
Revenant – resistance will be good but much conversion and loss of durability runes hour excessively

Meh:
Mesmer – pretty much unviable, maybe they will make a condi car point or home bunker viewable that though, not enough info
Warrior – buffs not enough, especially with thief and necro buffs

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

(edited by Sadrien.3470)

in PvP

Sadrien.3470

-top-

-good-
ranger
revenant

-decent-
guardian
warrior

-bad-
n/a

scrapper is a joke even right now why yoou guys putting them in a pedestal ,heck normal engi with condi build far outperforms scrapper

Either your a troll or the worst engi in the entire world.

in PvP

Sadrien.3470

You guys who can predict the future should probably go pick some lotto numbers.

How do you think I turned 70 gold into 1.3k this wintersday by buying generosity sigils? I can predict the future

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

i would like to see 1x into meta ( no more 2xele/2xeng, etcetc ), i hope there will be 5 top ( meta ) classes instead the 2/3 posted by you all.

-Thief
-Druid
-Eng
-Necro
-Guardian/Revenant/MaybeWarrior

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

A+

• Thief
  • Reaper
  • Druid

A

• Engi
  • Rev
  • Warrior

B+

• Guardian

B

• Mesmer
  • Tempest
Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Sadrien.3470

i would like to see 1x into meta ( no more 2xele/2xeng, etcetc ), i hope there will be 5 top ( meta ) classes instead the 2/3 posted by you all.

-Thief
-Druid
-Eng
-Necro

You can add engi to top classes, that will be fine. Nothing else is making it that high….

in PvP

Shirlias.8104

but i wrote eng…

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

Eh, I don’t have that high of expectation for engi. They are one of the classes currently riding the wave of using a glassy amulet with Durability runes, which are going away. I don’t think this will break the class or anything, but I think this will keep them from hitting the absolute top tier.

in PvP

Shirlias.8104

As thief DD S/SB i can’t handle a good Scrapper.
To me is a good counter for thieves. More than DragonHunter.

And cause no nerf will come with the new patch, i really doubt that “regen on dodge” or “more dmg on autoattack” will save me from a scrapper. Due to mention, Sigil of Energy nerf ( which is ok, but still not a good spot for 1v1 as thief ).

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

Top is likely to be
Overlords:
Thief
Necro
Engi

Good
Ranger
Revenants

Likely to be trash:

Trash for sure:

I agree with you

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

in PvP

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

What buffs?
It got nerfed on hammer and stealth gyro.
Also rune of dura is going away which they use.
The buffs that engi received, didnt buff scrapper.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

A+
Reaper Frosfire with scepters and mercenary…
Revenant Mallyx (viper will get replace by new ammy mercenary so durability over will bring leadership/revenant or other stuff)

A
Herald Power
Daredevil
Scrapper
Bunker guard (to counter burst from A classes)
Berzerker (condi meta)

B+
Druid
Thief
Necro
Engineer condi (condi meta)
Mesmer condi (condi meta)
Burn guard (condi meta)
Warrior
Dragon hunter medi

B
Rangers
Tempest
Chronomancer (thief will be too much for them)

C
Elementalist

Dal that played 9k games at all skills level with pugs or premade for all meta since 2012. (played all classes relatively good except thief – 7 champ title)

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

What I think will be best specs for each profession will be in brackets.

Top professions:
Reaper (Condi, Corrupt Boon)
Daredevil (D/P, Bounding Dodger)
Druid (Healing and damage hybrid, Mender’s Amulet)
Scrapper (Also healing and damage hybrid, Mender’s Amulet; or power damage, Marauder’s or Paladin’s Amulets)

Middle professions:
Dragonhunter (Smite Condition, either damage or bunker)
Tempest (Either Fresh Air or Earth/Water depending on thieves. Might become bottom or top profession)
Herald (Shiro/Glint, power over condi. Also might become bottom profession)

Bottom Professions:
Chronomancer (power burst only)
Berserker (Rifle maybe? Might become middle profession)

(edited by Zintrothen.1056)

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

And cause no nerf will come with the new patch, i really doubt that “regen on dodge” or “more dmg on autoattack” will save me from a scrapper. Due to mention, Sigil of Energy nerf ( which is ok, but still not a good spot for 1v1 as thief ).

Well, that’s an easy fix. Switch to D/P. Blinds are your friend and D/D is especially weak with the introduction of all the block skills that HoT introduced.

@ Jourdelune: I think you’re putting Revs pretty high up for a class that’s going to be really vulnerable to burst in a burst heavy meta after the Facet of Light nerf.

(edited by Dahkeus.8243)

in PvP

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

OP:
– Necromancer
– Ranger
Strong:
– Thief
– Elementalist
– Revenant

Balanced:
– Warrior
– Engineer
– Guardian

Weak:
– Mesmer

Don’t underestimate the Ele, it’s been on top before without the need of Diamond skill, celestial amulet can be replaced by the new ones without the overexagerated loss that it’s been trying to be portraited in the forus.

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

in PvP

Shirlias.8104

Well, that’s an easy fix. Switch to D/P. Blinds are your friend and D/D is especially weak with the introduction of all the block skills that HoT introduced.

@ Jourdelune: I think you’re putting Revs pretty high up for a class that’s going to be really vulnerable to burst in a burst heavy meta after the Facet of Light nerf.

i know that, but i played d/p all the whole gw2, so atm im try to enjoy staff.

I also know there are weakness, but that’s why i wrote which build i’m using atm.

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Idk from which part of the preview you see warrior as being good..

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Don’t underestimate the Ele, it’s been on top before without the need of Diamond skill, celestial amulet can be replaced by the new ones without the overexagerated loss that it’s been trying to be portraited in the forus.

Yeah, because it had:

1. Cele Amulet
  2. Energy sigil
  3. 3 mights on Cantrips
  4. Battle sigil 3 stack of mights
  5. 5 seconds CD blind
  6. Stackable Frost Aura

Now with all the above gone, it’s gonna face more nerfs:

1. Aura nerfed 20%
  2. DS can’t protect you with condi bomb anymore. Armor of Earth gonna be a liability because Reaper will corrupt it to both Fear and Chill.

I’ll wait and see the full patch notes, but I don’t have confidence in Karl.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Too early to say really.

We only got a very small preview of the notes, they said if they were going to go over them all they would need like 4-6 hours.

That being said, some specs may get turned to crap but I doubt that the top end classes will fall too much & that the lower end classes will raise too much.

I say this because they obviously have a much better track record designing some classes then they do others due to the amount of flexibility they are willing to give them and the fact that they are willing to do complete overhauls for some classes to fix core balance issues that either makes them godly or crap.

in PvP

Impact.2780

-Thief
-Druid
-Eng
-Necro

Just because there are a number of top/meta classes doesn’t mean they will be stacked. Nor does, for example, having both necro and reaper above tempest, mean there will be 2 “necro” in a comp, it just means reaper and necro are better meta picks than – have priority over – tempest, but reaper fills the same role as necro and does it better, so while necro would be prioritised over tempest, if you have a reaper already, you won’t take a necro, leaving a spot open for a tempest.