Torment

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Venom share could be viable or even condi thief, with Death Bloom’s reduced initiative cost and easy access to HGH might (20-25) stacks + 95% evade time feels like it could be strong

Mesmers won’t use this at all, they are getting too many good buffs to even care about this. Although 200 conditions dmg from scelper, some strong condi builds could come out that, yet nothing compared to shatter or the buffed phantasm mesmers

(edited by google.3709)

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

As a main necro, heres what concerns me:
-condi necro dps is not bad, upcoming burning (though 30pt trait), kiting is also not bad with chill/dripple and two long ranged weapons

-power necro is in worse state. since its a movement punishing condition, it could help get u more close dagger#1 attack off.

Therefore it would be nice if the dmg would be higher base, but lower %raise per cond.dmg. Like burning, strong even at base.

On the other hand, im already scared and with low morale whenever i see a mesmer walking to me WHY WHYHWHYHWH the narutos? i mean selriously -.-
Theyre already the new OP flagship while the anti-movement would do really good for warriors…

SO in the end, i would rather be it a more cond.dmg. based condition, just to protect myself from power- shatter mesmer.
MAYBE if only limited condition mesmers would get it, but honestly wouldnt bet my money on it.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

For thieves it would be good for p/p to force enemy to be still and eat the unload. Or to just keep him at safe distance while recovering, or running away, since p/p gives no natural stealth.

But on the condition side, i also have no idea why was this added:
-d/d can already hold point, 2v1, its even named after a unicorn
-p/d cant hold points, but it wins fight and its the safest troll build in WvW.

And both of theese types dont have movemnt problems, since they can dodge so a lot for gap closing or running.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

p/d thieves are the bane of all existence in WvW.

And…you know what? This is s-tpvp forum, and we don’t give a kitten about wvsw xD

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

p/d thieves are the bane of all existence in WvW.

And…you know what? This is s-tpvp forum, and we don’t give a kitten about wvsw xD

+1
Actually there is no reason to specify “s-t” anymore lol. They finally moved wvw to another forum section, since wvw is not really pvp.

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: AlBundy.7851

AlBundy.7851

so Mesmer’s and Thieves won’t be getting Torment in WvW?

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

Now to add variety and diversitiy of theves build they have now the option to burst your hp to 5% then let you die walikg like a penguin.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Mesmers will be even more insane if this is true.
Seriously~

Let’s create a new condition that punishes people for moving (away from or towards their attacker).
This will be a huge benefit for those classes who have low mobility and suffer from issues staying in range of their targets.

Instead of giving it to the two classes with the lowest mobility (Warrior and Guardian).

We’ll give it to the two classes with the highest mobility (Thief and Mesmer).

(edited by Ezrael.6859)

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Warrior has the second best mobility in the game and guardian has great chase mobility with the right spec. It should have gone on necros and staff ele. Two classes/builds that can’t run away from or chase anybody.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

It feels to me that people dont get that by stacking in intensity the base damage is going to be pretty low per stack lets say the average of around 6-10 stacks in maintainable…okay. Just go fine I’ll move anyway…unless the enemy is using a condi based spec the damage will be negligent enough to just go screw your torment i’m going to move around anyway.

What this is doing so giving a greater potential for build diversity…something everyone wants. I literally see 0 downside to this change.

Torment

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

Warrior has the second best mobility in the game

Everyone can kite a warrior all day.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

We’ll give it to the two classes with the highest mobility (Thief and Mesmer)

Thieves have terrible cond builds, and its only applied through a (never used, long cd) venom. The mesmer variant is applied only through their counter ability.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

Holy chit thief entitlement much

respost for emphasis
and yes i know condi thief is terribad and at this point no one should ever play it

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Now to add variety and diversitiy of theves build they have now the option to burst your hp to 5% then let you die walikg like a penguin.

I walk like a penguin.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I think it might be more interesting if the effect was reversed and the damage variance increased significantly. Basically, you take a ton of dot damage if you stand still but almost none while you move. Introduces a strategy of applying the condition and then CC to boost damage, while at the same time punishing attacks that cause the enemy to root themselves.

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: LoneDeranger.5963

LoneDeranger.5963

Two questions about Torment:

1. Which boon does it transform into when using Pure of Voice (trait) and a shout?

2. What triggers the damage? Walking or distance travelled? Do teleports (distant travelled) trigger the dmg? I think that would be okay. A Mesmer using a portal at max distant could instantly kill himself.

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Two questions about Torment:

1. Which boon does it transform into when using Pure of Voice (trait) and a shout?

2. What triggers the damage? Walking or distance travelled? Do teleports (distant travelled) trigger the dmg? I think that would be okay. A Mesmer using a portal at max distant could instantly kill himself.

Good questions:

1. I’d guess either regeneration or swiftness
2. I’d say only walking and not distance traveled. That would totally ruin the portal function.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Lol, they will destroy WvW to try to add variety to death spvp xD.

It seems the idea of WvW is just to run in a skill less blob of 50 or more people where individual play is irrelevant if you are not a mesmer or thief, which is pretty much the only classes you see outside of zergs and already make up an inordinate portion of the WvW playerbase.

Giving these two professions torment is just a head scratcher.

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: josh.7390

josh.7390

Why are so many guys in the spvp forum complaining about wvw and 1v1s?

Srsly in a 1v1 you wouldnt get away from a mesmer or thief anyway except for eles, which have massive cleanse so doesnt matter that much… In a teamfight thiefs are hurted the most, because they rely on movement the most (warrs probably more but i’d say this wont be the major problem for their unviability…). I mean where is the point of stealth when you musnt move? Btw. is there information about CD of torment skill, mybe it wont affect the whole game as much as supposed..

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: Ken.9018

Ken.9018

The melee class/builds are already bad enough and underpowered in this game, won’t Torment further make melee builds unviable? like thieves, warriors, etc etc

Malfis – lvl 80 Thief, Sea of Sorrows

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

The melee class/builds are already bad enough and underpowered in this game, won’t Torment further make melee builds unviable? like thieves, warriors, etc etc

Thieves have enough condi-cleanse, stealth and ports to actually being able to ignore most of the conditions. Warriors on the otherside are a 100% visible target, without ports and gap-closers that are affected heavily by conditions.
For me personally the warrior is the only real melee class in this game, which explains why they are in such a handicapped state.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: Sibe.3512

Sibe.3512

i read that torment didn’t damage but increase condition damage taken, but maybe it is 1 fake

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

We will have to see the implementation. A few thoughts:

Torment needs to proc in distance travelled, and not just walking. I believe the intent here is to level the playing field in match ups where Teleports, Gap Closers and Dodgerolls get overused. It is however curious to me that Mesmer and Thief are allegedly recipients of the condition as they are Teleporters, Gap Closers and in the case of thieves dodge spammers as well.

Since the plan is apparently to leave certain classes entirely bereft of these mechanics they need to build in a counter against them. There is the reason for Torment.

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

Torment needs to proc in distance travelled, and not just walking. I believe the intent here is to level the playing field in match ups where Teleports, Gap Closers and Dodgerolls get overused.

you are thinking too much. it will just be a simple “time spent moving” tic.

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Do we need to spell it out in crayon for you people. These classes are already well represented have utterly dominating builds for spvp and wvw and giving them more free mechanics is a slap in the face to the rest of the community when there are larger and more pressing issues to be tackled.

These two classes already have a good base.

Would you rather they work on making 2 warrior builds viable at once? Or have them focus on actually getting 1 working for once? I can see where you’re coming from but…this is the best way to get more diversity going. Also any mesmer or thief that doesnt use the current popular build is a plus in my book.

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Torment needs to proc in distance travelled, and not just walking. I believe the intent here is to level the playing field in match ups where Teleports, Gap Closers and Dodgerolls get overused.

you are thinking too much. it will just be a simple “time spent moving” tic.

Perhaps, but if that is the case then Torment’s value is extremely limited. Due to the way that conditions tick in this game it begs the question of what happens to a player conditioned with Torment that just stands still and uses a 1200 range tele? No damage basically means that certain professions that are already strong will not care one bit about the condition. Others (like Warrior) that are almost constantly on the chase and lack teleports don’t really need another counter.

Really if the damage is based on units moved while under the condition, then it is a + addition (IMO). If it is, well this ticks if you are walking when the program checks for your conditions, then it is pretty meh, and doesn’t really add any depth to play.

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

yes dude, it’s another warrior nerf. it’s to balance for the condi-remove buff they got
always remember: game is balanced around pve

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

We will have to see the implementation. A few thoughts:

Torment needs to proc in distance travelled, and not just walking. I believe the intent here is to level the playing field in match ups where Teleports, Gap Closers and Dodgerolls get overused. It is however curious to me that Mesmer and Thief are allegedly recipients of the condition as they are Teleporters, Gap Closers and in the case of thieves dodge spammers as well..

Definitely. If it doesn’t hit things like Blink, Leaps, RTL, etc, it will just be self defeating.

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I blame myself for this…

Since i’m the one who suggested this ability in the first place..

When they asked for an idea on what the new condition should be, I linked them Gork Sez Stop from Warhammer Online.

In my defense..I thought they were going to just give it to the Necro, and not to the Mesmer or Thief.. who clearly don’t need this ability.

Esp a condition thief….

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

This should have been a Warrior condition to make us more appealing, instead of providing this condition to every other class that already has a million conditions.

Plus it makes sense, punish people trying to flee a melee class.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

For me personally the warrior is the only real melee class in this game, which explains why they are in such a handicapped state.

Warrior’s have far more ranged attacks than Guardians.
And 5 ways to cripple (that can become 1s immobilizes in addition to 3 other immobilizes)

Torment

in PvP

Xsorus.2507

Warrior’s have far more ranged attacks than Guardians.
And 5 ways to cripple (that can become 1s immobilizes in addition to 3 other immobilizes)

Warriors have better Range Weapons then Rangers…

So yea… not sure what he’s getting at

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Warrior has the second best mobility in the game and guardian has great chase mobility with the right spec. It should have gone on necros and staff ele. Two classes/builds that can’t run away from or chase anybody.

Warrior second best mobility in the game? What? lol

Torment

in PvP

Xsorus.2507

Try catching a Warrior WvW

Incredibly Mobile Class if they want to be…

Torment

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

Try catching a Warrior WvW

Incredibly Mobile Class if they want to be…

You mean when using a specific weapon (greatsword) as well as using specific food (lemongrass) as well as having a specific trait (dogged march) as well as having specific runes (melandru) as well as having at least 20 points in Discipline for movement skills break immobilize?

Other classes with mobility don’t have to make their entire build and even food they eat centered around mobility just to be okay at it. Now, if doing all that made us the best at mobility in the game, you may have a point, but you sacrifice a lot and are still not even on the same level.

Torment

in PvP

Caffynated.5713

If you don’t know how mobile warrior is, you’re hopeless. They not only have fantastic straight line speed, they have abilities on multiple weapons that let them bypass obstacles that other classes have to go around. Properly specced, it’s almost impossible to immob, or consistently chill/cripple a warrior.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: reedju.5786

reedju.5786

I would like to know how high it will go in intensity, or how viable it will be to push it to the max number of stacks. With bleeds and confusion being the only stacked condi’s I wonder if torment will be stackable to 25.

Black Avarice

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: Battou.7832

Battou.7832

It’s official, thieves are the new Witch Hunters from War

Thief Scoundrel “Hraffen”
[RET] of Fort Aspenwood

Torment

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

If you don’t know how mobile warrior is, you’re hopeless. They not only have fantastic straight line speed, they have abilities on multiple weapons that let them bypass obstacles that other classes have to go around. Properly specced, it’s almost impossible to immob, or consistently chill/cripple a warrior.

Yes, and you completely ignored my last post.

thumbs up

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

It’s official, thieves are the new Witch Hunters from War

Because of Skale Venom?

You gonna spec into venoms for a single condition that you can only apply to three (four) attacks every 45 seconds? With a class with terrible condition specs? Do you actually plan on killing people or pelting them with peas?

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

Torment

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

Properly specced, it’s almost impossible to immob, or consistently chill/cripple a warrior.

LOL sure…

Torment

in PvP

Caffynated.5713

Yes, and you completely ignored my last post.

thumbs up

Your post was about WvW builds. This is the sPvP forum. Why would I respond to that?

Warrior has plenty of condi removal and doesn’t have to sacrifice that much to get it. I would kill to have mobile strikes on my ele. Probably close to half of my deaths come during or as a result of being immobilized in RTL.

(edited by Caffynated.5713)

Torment

in PvP

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Properly specced, it’s almost impossible to immob, or consistently chill/cripple a warrior.

Dogged March, mixed with Melandru Runes, certain foods, makes Warriors very immune to CC.

Attachments:

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

(edited by TheMightyAltroll.3485)

Torment

in PvP

AlBundy.7851

no one runs melandru runes anymore since dogged march gave us slightly more runes choices.

It’s so stupid properly specced means running greatsword/sword/warhorn with probably shake if off and shrug it off and soldier runes and then also running bull’s charge. If you think that’s great mobility then you have never played a thief or mesmer they don’t have to sacrifice that much to get great mobility and battlefield presence.

But thank you for derailing a thread which should be about how 2 of the most played and powerful proffs in the game are getting another free mechanic when other classes have been in the trash heap for the past 8 months.

It is truly sad that mesmers and thieves are getting something new for the fake reason of build diversity when there are classes in this game that literally have no strong builds atm and no presence in spvp.

Ohh and btw are you guys gingers? Because I can’t fathom a person bringing up warriors as a scapegoat or used in the fashion you’re talking about unless you’re a ginger.

Torment

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Torment

in PvP

AlBundy.7851

You should add Ginger to your sig

Torment

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I’m not even a Ginger, bro. Though some of the hottest women I’ve known were.

Torment

in PvP

AlBundy.7851

I don’t believe you. You should post a picture of yourself.

Torment

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

They don’t allow fap material on the forums bro.

Also, I do believe this has flown so far off topic I don’t even remember what the original topic was.

Torment

in PvP

AlBundy.7851

Really? I heard they make an exception for gay porn.