Tournament Organization improvments

in PvP

Posted by: Xeph.4513

Xeph.4513

I am just going to clear a few things up.
`
Firstly people claiming that we forced Arena-net / dev’s to change necro; are clearly not thinking straight, firstly if we had the power to do something like that, we surely wouldn’t post on the forums regarding the matter, its sad but posting on these forums and being exposed to how toxic people is becoming more unappealing day by day.

Regarding the tournament, if team CC felt like they were being cheated; they could’ve simply refused to play the bo5 and gone to the forums and made a thread about it, instead they chose to continue playing, had they won I doubt that there would be a thread regarding this matter on the forums right now.
The tournament admins made it clear that it was going to be a bo5 prior to the match starting, CC did not protest this and neither did we; had CC refused and asked for bo3 or made any case on the spot, then I would sympathise with them regarding this matter.

There was a lot of ways this could’ve been resolved, but to loose and then make a forum post about it, not only that but bringing in all sorts of unfound and unsupported nonsense isn’t only unprofessional, but frankly childish behaviour.
This whole situation could’ve been remedied earlier, but the poor choice of waiting until the matches were over, to complain seems rather shortsighted.

We also had no warning this was going to be a bo5, but adhered to what the tournament admins wanted.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

(edited by Xeph.4513)

in PvP

Posted by: Follidus.8027

Follidus.8027

I’m just wondering if you would still be complaining if you ended up winning. Not sure how you got screwed over, but it was a good match from a spectator PoV. There’s no reason to put on your conspiracy hats on and start badmouthing arenanet just because you lost.

It’s not like the rules were changed after the khylo match where you were up 2-1.

Also, it’s pretty funny that you just deleted some of your posts.

Cause I ain’t perfect, I never said I was.
But now they’re hating cause a brotha finally got some buzz
www.twitch.tv/Follidus – Team Absolute Legends

(edited by Follidus.8027)

in PvP

Posted by: prozon.3561

prozon.3561

Its no secret that anet want tp on the pax, so relax guys. Takse a look at the past tp was a long time dominating the competetive sczene. The most popluar team outside and also most constantly one. In my opinion its fair send them the Tickets. But i never will get confirm with their abuse play. But this happens to you cc guys also. Hard prefered of anets brainless patching.

Yes because we didn’t win those matches with our own effort, its disgusting the attitude some people bring; regardless if Arenanet wanted us there or not, we had to get there with our own efforts as a team, which we did accomplish, you may spread rumours as you like our accomplishments speak for themselves.

They do. Sure. Just confirmed the best team won. It has norhing to do with rumours, just a analyze of the past month. Casual players never be able to get sth even some ontop one wont get it. I wont put tp on a bad shot, only thing is i cant say ur winning by playing the best there are other reassons pushing your success also

Please inform my daft mind regarding what phantom force is pushing us to win.
I am entranced to find out what conspiracy theory that your going to come up with.

Rly? Serious? You are playing op kitten by months… what was tp before anet decided to make the engi the most broken class in the game? What was tp before anet decided to make the ranger the unbeatable 1v1 monster? Ye right one of many other good teams but not this one man show since april. You seriously think you guys are winning all by best playing? Cmon…..

www.twitch.tv/mufasapk

in PvP

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

BO5 was determined prior to the start of the finals, yes? If so, I don’t see any reason to dispute the results. How would changing it to BO5 give either team an advantage?

However, I agree that it’s silly to schedule a tournament where one side of the bracket has to play all the way through in one day. It doesn’t make the result less valid but they should change that in the future.

The BO5 format was a huge success from the viewpoint of an exciting match for viewers, I’m glad they did that. Disputing the match after losing always cuts the legs out from under the argument that someone got screwed, instead it looks like sour grapes.

Changing rules mid-tournament is a BIG no-no. If GW2 is to become a decent e-sport this has to be cracked down on hard. Even if it led to a more interesting match this time. Then the rules should be changed for the next tournament saying that the Finals will be BO5 instead of BO3. You do not come in and change that at the last minute.

I agree, I had already edited my post to include the bit about avoiding that so as to avoid even the slightest bit of impropriety.

In this case though, changing to BO5 from BO3 gave neither team an advantage. In fact, wouldn’t you expect a longer series to be more likely to determine the best team than a shorter series? So yes, I don’t think there is anything odd going on here just the TO trying to have a better EU finals (and honestly, that might be the best match of the entire invitational). It was a huge success and no team gained an advantage from it.

But in the future, I agree with you. These things SHOULD be thought out ahead of time and set ahead of time. Again, if we’re talking about the present case, I fail to see how either team was advantaged by the change.

It did give one team an advantage, though. Since one team played the semi’s earlier the same day, which is a separate issue by itself, but leads to a longer match being more detrimental to one team than the other.

I know I’m not going to pay any attention to GW2 tournaments until this stuff is sorted out.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Schlieffen.2054

Schlieffen.2054

However, I agree that it’s silly to schedule a tournament where one side of the bracket has to play all the way through in one day. It doesn’t make the result less valid but they should change that in the future. It’s also silly for a TO to change the tournament just before the finals. I don’t think it gave either team an advantage

Oh but it is, if you play all day you get tired and you are exausted, and if this was a drastic change made out of nowhere i can see that is a pretty kittenty tactic to lower the succes of that team.

Meh, if this was THAT big of a deal why didn’t anyone speak up before the tournament when it was clear that the second bracket would be playing all day. Nobody did though. The fact that they only spoke up after the tournament makes this argument very weak.

in PvP

Posted by: Krayiss.4926

Krayiss.4926

`
Firstly people claiming that we forced Arena-net / dev’s to change necro; are clearly not thinking straight, firstly if we had the power to do something like that, we surely wouldn’t post on the forums regarding the matter, its sad but posting on these forums and being exposed to how toxic people is becoming more unappealing day by day.

Regarding the tournament, if team CC felt like they were being cheated; could’ve simply refused to play the bo5 and gone to the forums and made a thread about it, instead they chose to continue playing, had they won I doubt that there would be a thread regarding this matter on the forums right now.
The tournament admins made it clear that it was going to be a bo5 prior to the match starting, CC did not protest this and neither did we; had CC refused and asked for bo3 or made any case on the spot, then I would sympathise with them regarding this matter.

There was a lot of ways this could’ve been resolved, but to loose and then make a forum post about it, not only that but bringing in all sorts of unfound and unsupported nonsense isn’t only unprofessional, but frankly childish behaviour.
This whole situation could’ve been remedied earlier, but the poor choice of waiting until the matches are over, to complain seems rather shortsighted.

We also had no warning this was going to be a bo5, but adhered to what the tournament admins wanted.

Stop feeding the trolls, stick to the OP about the BO3 rules being changed for the last match. If CC disputed that then they prolly woulda just kicked them out.

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Xeph.4513

Its no secret that anet want tp on the pax, so relax guys. Takse a look at the past tp was a long time dominating the competetive sczene. The most popluar team outside and also most constantly one. In my opinion its fair send them the Tickets. But i never will get confirm with their abuse play. But this happens to you cc guys also. Hard prefered of anets brainless patching.

Yes because we didn’t win those matches with our own effort, its disgusting the attitude some people bring; regardless if Arenanet wanted us there or not, we had to get there with our own efforts as a team, which we did accomplish, you may spread rumours as you like our accomplishments speak for themselves.

They do. Sure. Just confirmed the best team won. It has norhing to do with rumours, just a analyze of the past month. Casual players never be able to get sth even some ontop one wont get it. I wont put tp on a bad shot, only thing is i cant say ur winning by playing the best there are other reassons pushing your success also

I am entranced to find out what conspiracy theory that your going to come up with.

Rly? Serious? You are playing op kitten by months… what was tp before anet decided to make the engi the most broken class in the game? What was tp before anet decided to make the ranger the unbeatable 1v1 monster? Ye right one of many other good teams but not this one man show since april. You seriously think you guys are winning all by best playing? Cmon…..

we were around long before then trust me, we were around when thief was broken and we didn’t have one; we were around when cantrips ele was around and we didn’t have one; we were around when engi was the worst class in the game but still played one.
If you are going to talk about all the strong meta classes in our comp; then why not mention all the times when we didn’t have an op classes still held our own as a team.

People can pick and choose situations, and twist things to their favour, but we have a history that speaks for its self.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

in PvP

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Players who engage in unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening conduct or violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Tournament, or attempt to obtain winner status using fraudulent means, including, without limitation, cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices, in Tournament Organizer’s sole discretion, will have their team disqualified. Players must abide by all rules and regulations of the Tournament and must comply with all requests and directions of Tournament Organizer. Tournament Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any Player from participation at any time and for any reason.

It does seem a little deceptive to say Bo3 in the rules and then switch it to Bo5 in the tournament. The rules also say both teams are pretty much forced to comply with TO instructions or else they’ll be disqualified.

in PvP

Xeph.4513

`

Regarding the tournament, if team CC felt like they were being cheated; could’ve simply refused to play the bo5 and gone to the forums and made a thread about it, instead they chose to continue playing, had they won I doubt that there would be a thread regarding this matter on the forums right now.

This whole situation could’ve been remedied earlier, but the poor choice of waiting until the matches are over, to complain seems rather shortsighted.

Stop feeding the trolls, stick to the OP about the BO3 rules being changed for the last match. If CC disputed that then they prolly woulda just kicked them out.

I doubt that the admins, when have kicked them out and ended the tournament right there and then, more so they would’ve tried to find a middle ground, since there were 3,000+ viewers watching, and it would be unfair on CC and I am sure that everyone that was watching would’ve sympathised with CC at the time, I know I would’ve; but to play it out and then call for foul play seems a little off to me.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

@xeph ah true I guess Im glad one of you guys made it. Correct me if I’m wrong but TP won semi yesterday and CC 2day? Do you think that gave them the edge because they were playing all today or you had the edge being refreshed.
I’m just gonna say bad hosting with rule changes prior last match, etc but who am I. It could have been the other way around.

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Zoutsha.1093

Zoutsha.1093

This thread is just stupid. we were told to play bo5 cause it was 20:30 gmt and enough time for 5 exciting matches. we couldve said that we are not playing if its bo5 but we didnt. we didnt even say that we prefer to play bo3. We lost because we did some small mistakes and TP outplayed us very good. No one was tired or not concentrated.
ggs, i wish TP best of luck at Pax.

in PvP

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

we got FORCED , no one asked us if we agreed to play bo5.

It is pretty much standard procedure in esports to add 2 rounds to the finals, if the tournament is played as a BO3, then the finals will be a BO5, if the tournament is a BO5, then the finals would be a BO7, and so forth.

However!
You could’ve easily taken the first map to explain that due to a heavy strain from a long day of competitive matches you were to prefer if the finals were ALSO to be played as a BO3, that you, even after being informed that it was a BO5, waited with doing so until you had lost, simply shows that you’re merely a sore loser whos grasping for straws.

Edit: That said I would’ve personally prefered to see the way it all played out be a bit different, they should’ve played up to either Round of 8 or round of 4 in the first day for both brackets and then held off with the same amount of matches for both teams during the last day.

in PvP

Posted by: QtHman.6502

QtHman.6502

All this RAGE AND MADNESS….

in PvP

Posted by: prozon.3561

prozon.3561

we were around long before then trust me, we were around when thief was broken and we didn’t have one; we were around when cantrips ele was around and we didn’t have one; we were around when engi was the worst class in the game but still played one.
If you are going to talk about all the strong meta classes in our comp; then why not mention all the times when we didn’t have an op classes still held our own as a team.

People can pick and choose situations, and twist things to their favour, but we have a history that speaks for its self.

You cant or wont get it? In the past you didnt played the broken ones and were a tesm like all the othets in the c. Szene. Till anet patched in your direction you played the same and the others not. Difference? Tp started building the lineup around this. You said in past you hadnt cantrips or bs, but than switched to ranger, phanta at least switched to nec you to thief? The point us long time you hadnt to change ur lineup and still if some stronger kitten out you do. Thats the difference of the old and new tp

www.twitch.tv/mufasapk

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

All this RAGE AND MADNESS….

Incoming Sparta joke lol

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in PvP

Posted by: mistleague.5329

mistleague.5329

Hi all, Firstly I want to say thanks for tuning in and I hope you enjoyed the stream! I have to keep this short and sweet as work awaits.

1. We would of loved to have the opportunity to have the finals on a separate day! Unfortunately, we didn’t get this luxury as we have to organize all the legals for the teams ASAP to get them to PAX in time.

2. All round, we didn’t get the luxury of time. That is why registration etc was so short. The easy option would of been to skip this PAX and bring you nothing. Instead we have all donated our time, our weekends, our sleep to bring you all an event you deserve.

3. We are sorry you feel this way about the Bo5, had you of complained or even questioned us we would of been happy to discuss or keep as Bo3.

4. We new it was a close match up and felt a Bo5 is clearly going to be the fair option.

I just want to finish this post by saying, this won’t be the last tournament, all of the teams that missed out and all of the teams that are going to form, go hard! Get excited, get practice and we hope to see you in the Mists!

(edited by mistleague.5329)

in PvP

Posted by: Ixl Super Ixl.7258

Ixl Super Ixl.7258

You just don’t get it xeph do you. I am not calling for foul play or anything of that matter. I am simply asking the organizers to make it more fair next time by playing all games with both finalist in 1 day or make the final on another day. The tournament was great and the organizers did a great job. I am just trying to put some ideas out now anyways. None of the results will change eitherway.

in PvP

Isaac.6041

CC didn’t really couldn’t contest the rule change in the middle of the tournament even if they wanted to because they’d risk disqualification.

But anyway, the responsibility for this debacle rests with the tournament organizers. Who exactly changed it from Bo3 to Bo5?

And are we to expect these same type of shenanigans next week for the NA tournament?

in PvP

Vayra.3290

It is pretty much standard procedure in esports to add 2 rounds to the finals, if the tournament is played as a BO3, then the finals will be a BO5, if the tournament is a BO5, then the finals would be a BO7, and so forth.

However!
You could’ve easily taken the first map to explain that due to a heavy strain from a long day of competitive matches you were to prefer if the finals were ALSO to be played as a BO3, that you, even after being informed that it was a BO5, waited with doing so until you had lost, simply shows that you’re merely a sore loser whos grasping for straws.

Yes, that’s normal. But it’s also normal that it is stated in the rules that the final will be longer. In any other competitive setting I know of that would be fine, but when the rules say that ALL matches will be the same length, changing it for the final would see the TO banned from hosting sanctioned events.

Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: ThatShortGuy.4672

ThatShortGuy.4672

It was a fun match to watch. Grats to TP for the win. It was really close and CC held up their own. Don’t make your guild look bad by being a sore loser.

Grouch made many complaints during the qualifiers that no match are going to round three in a best of three. In order to make it more interesting, it was changed to a best of five. If a team had a problem with this, say something then, not when you lose.

That Cloaked One / That Phantom Memser / That Dark One
ThatShortGuy.com

in PvP

Ixl Super Ixl.7258

If GW2 will ever be come “ESPORT” this shouldn’t happen, even if the final match was between the best 2 EU teams and to give the viewers nice matches. All they have to do next time is simply play the final or semi finals on a second day or have all games played in 1 day. That would ensure that all teams have a fair amount of rest and they are not exhausted.

in PvP

Vayra.3290

Hi all, Firstly I want to say thanks for tuning in and I hope you enjoyed the stream! I have to keep this short and sweet as work awaits.

1. We would of loved to have the opportunity to have the finals on a separate day! Unfortunately, we didn’t get this luxury as we have to organize all the legals for the teams ASAP to get them to PAX in time.

2. All round, we didn’t get the luxury of time. That is why registration etc was so short. The easy option would of been to skip this PAX and bring you nothing. Instead we have all donated our time, our weekends, our sleep to bring you all an event you deserve.

2. We are sorry you feel this way about the Bo5, had you of complained or even questioned us we would of been happy to discuss or keep as Bo3.

3. We new it was a close match up and felt a Bo5 is clearly going to be the fair option.

I just want to finish this post by saying, this won’t be the last tournament, all of the teams that missed out and all of the teams that are going to form, go hard! Get excited, get practice and we hope to see you in the Mists!

Those are all fair points, but you MUST put it in the rules before the tournament starts. As a TO you cannot change the rules mid-tournament if you want this to become a popular thing as it will completely undermine any trust in you as the TO. In a competitive setting the rules are absolute, and if you as the TO is not above breaking them you cannot expect the teams to follow the rules either.

Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Olli.6137

Olli.6137

Really guys u dont have to write somethin in that post its just how it is we lost the games.
But Super ist not complaining about the lost, he just said that big tournaments like these should be better organized next time.

Lady Nag Nag Nag
Team Car Crash [CC]

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Shouldn’t have agreed with playing the final after doing a 5 hour stretch vs a fresh team.

#Nexttimeequalgrounds

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: bwuki.2175

bwuki.2175

You cant or wont get it? In the past you didnt played the broken ones and were a tesm like all the othets in the c. Szene. Till anet patched in your direction you played the same and the others not. Difference? Tp started building the lineup around this. You said in past you hadnt cantrips or bs, but than switched to ranger, phanta at least switched to nec you to thief? The point us long time you hadnt to change ur lineup and still if some stronger kitten out you do. Thats the difference of the old and new tp

Pretty sure they got a ranger when they had roster changes, and correct me if I’m wrong, but Xeph was originally the thief while Xee was the mesmer. So I don’t understand how you think ANet does things based off of this team, if anything you would think it would be off of PZ which Power was on

Brotherhood of the Butterfly
Voted “most likely to die/fail” by peers

in PvP

Posted by: viivi.2394

viivi.2394

Really guys u dont have to write somethin in that post its just how it is we lost the games.
But Super ist not complaining about the lost, he just said that big tournaments like these should be better organized next time.

Let me remind you what the title of the thread is:

“Why Change tournament rules for [TP]”

in PvP

Xeph.4513

The option of contesting the admins rules was always there, but CC chose not to, if you feel like the admins are making a bad decision tell them; this would’ve been a great asset to them at the time, had CC contested this choice I am sure that the admins would’ve sympathized with their cause, my only quell here is your calling the admins out, when you didn’t speak up and remained silent about the matter when you could’ve contested it, and then brought it onto the forums calling for bad organizing.
Had you expressed that the situation wasn’t fair I am sure everyone would’ve been on your side including myself.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

in PvP

Posted by: Posi.4251

Posi.4251

Regional tourneys : Bo3. That were Anet RULES.

Posi
Car Crash [CC]

in PvP

Isaac.6041

Those are all fair points, but you MUST put it in the rules before the tournament starts. As a TO you cannot change the rules mid-tournament if you want this to become a popular thing as it will completely undermine any trust in you as the TO. In a competitive setting the rules are absolute, and if you as the TO is not above breaking them you cannot expect the teams to follow the rules either.

Agreed. You don’t just change the World Series to best of 9 or best of 5 or best of 3 just because you think it will “add excitement”. World Series is best of 7 and that’s final.

Rules are rules and they should have been followed. Hopefully, they will be next weekend.

in PvP

Xeph.4513

Agreed. You don’t just change the World Series to best of 9 or best of 5 or best of 3 just because you think it will “add excitement”. World Series is best of 7 and that’s final.

Rules are rules and they should have been followed. Hopefully, they will be next weekend.

Don’t compare little league to the World Series good sir

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

in PvP

Vayra.3290

Don’t compare little league to the World Series good sir

Don’t underestimate how seriously some people take the little league :P

Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

3. We are sorry you feel this way about the Bo5, had you of complained or even questioned us we would of been happy to discuss or keep as Bo3.

4. We new it was a close match up and felt a Bo5 is clearly going to be the fair option.

1. If we look at your brackets, we could’ve simply done it like this instead:
All in all you had 31 games played, 15 the first day, 16 the second.
What could’ve been done would be to finish up all of RO16 in the first day(24 matches) thus cutting it down to 6 matches + finals in the second day, this would’ve evened out the fatigue that CC must’ve suffered from after having played their entire brackets right before the finals compared to Paradigm who had roughly a day to prepare. This would’ve made Day 1 longer and I do understand that casting it nonstop is alot of effort, that could easily be fixed by either setting up 2 streams and thus halfing the time(and unfortunately the viewers), or by having a rotation of casters set up to not burn them out.

2. I enjoyed watching some of it, but most of it was simply a blur.

All in all thank you for providing a start to the esports stage, long road ahead tho.

However!

Yes, that’s normal. But it’s also normal that it is stated in the rules that the final will be longer. In any other competitive setting I know of that would be fine, but when the rules say that ALL matches will be the same length, changing it for the final would see the TO banned from hosting sanctioned events.

So am I to asume that you’re one of the disgruntled players who was “Forced” into a BO5 yet didn’t question it until they had lost said BO5 despite knowing the rules were in their favor?

in PvP

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

In a parallel world this Thread wouldn’t even exist.
Sometimes I envy these people.

in PvP

Posted by: MoGoW.1875

MoGoW.1875

http://www.mistleague.com/guild-wars-2-eu-invitational/ match information at right.
Xeph is right, we would have to contest before match, gg TP btw.

in PvP

Isaac.6041

http://www.mistleague.com/guild-wars-2-eu-invitational/ match information at right.

Funny thing is in that bracket the Finals are listed as Best of 3. And it has TP winning over CC by 2 to 1. That clearly ISN’T what happened. (It was 3 to 2.)

Bo3 to Bo5 change favors teams that are good with Forest of Nifhel and Legacy of Foefire while giving a disadvantage to those that have practiced on Battle of Kyhlo.

in PvP

Vayra.3290

However!

So am I to asume that you’re one of the disgruntled players who was “Forced” into a BO5 yet didn’t question it until they had lost said BO5 despite knowing the rules were in their favor?

Nah, I didn’t participate (busy finishing my Masters thesis), but I am interested in seeing this game become successful as an e-sport. And that requires competitive events to be run properly. Which means that the rules as put down at the start of the tournament are absolute, no one gets to change them. The most that can be done after the tournament has started is for the TO to issue a ruling on any ambiguous part of the rules (for which the match length does not qualify). Changing the match length just prior to the start of the finals is simply not done at a competitive level. It might be acceptable for a casual event, but never for anything competitive. No matter how much better it would be for the viewers. If you think a longer final would be better, you make a note of it and change the rules for the next tournament, never for an ongoing one.

Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

Well, to be honest. If you deserved to win you would have won the Bo5 as well. Stop crying because of your own inconsistency. Good games, better luck next time.

<3 Caed

in PvP

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

Bo3 to Bo5 change favors teams that are good with Forest of Nifhel and Legacy of Foefire while giving a disadvantage to those that have practiced on Battle of Kyhlo.

But CC was definitely the better team on Niflhel, also TP would have lost, if Teldo didn’t
win the 2 v 1, so this point is naugh. Well whatever map 4 should have been Capricon
and 5 Skyhammer, to ensure the ultimate fairness.

in PvP

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

As far as I’m aware the finals was always supposed to be BO5…?

And the fact that the messages are being deleted is hilarious.

However show some class. Dont post this on the forums. Quit acting like children.

why shouldn’t he post on the forums, sounds like they got screwed.

Maybe you should take some of your own advice?

The tournament organizer is in total control, regardless of if he was or felt screwed nothing will change, he is requesting that preliminaries are done in single elimination in the future so teams aren’t quite so exhausted. This particular piece of feedback being suggested in the venue that it was with this particular inflammatory twist to it is what most people would consider infantile and clkitten.

That is why he shouldn’t have posted on the forums

Lol is this your first time on the internet, or an mmo forum??

This is exactly the place where you post something of this nature, infantile or whatever that other word is…

in PvP

Ixl Super Ixl.7258

We practiced khylo a lot so that we can end it their as we had no chance in foefire Due to the OP Spirit ranger on that map. Xeph is definitely right, We should have just asked the admins to make it a best of 3 like it says on the rules. Good job to TP and good luck in Seattle, " not that you will need it". We can end it here I guess as we got a clarification from MG admins.

in PvP

Isaac.6041

Funny thing is in that bracket the Finals are listed as Best of 3. And it has TP winning over CC by 2 to 1. That clearly ISN’T what happened. (It was 3 to 2.)

Yes, the brackets are incorrect, but it was also made clear before all of the matches that it would be a BO5. Members of both teams have already shared their thoughts on this matter and (most) members have owned up to the events. If a team isn’t good at a map then they should practice it more. It seems like you’re just trying to find excuses now. Are you trying to reason on CC’s side? Because Forest of Nifhel isn’t an advantageous map for TP. Both teams gave amazing matches and there’s more tournies to come anyways. The tournament organizers can learn from their first official tournament in order to better the upcoming ones.

Finding excuses for what? For the tournament organizer breaking their own rules? I’m not on TP or CC and CC seems to have accepted their loss. However, ArenaNet needs to lock down this issue with their partners for future tournaments.

It seems that the shoutcasters bullied the teams into the Bo5 setup which favored the team that was less tired. CC got tricked by the shoutcasters so of course I’m going to sympathize with them and slam the shoutcasters and TO for their deceptions.

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

Had you expressed that the situation wasn’t fair I am sure everyone would’ve been on your side including myself.

Grats on win btw hope Teldo makes it all the way.

I am confused tho why would you be on their side if you aren’t now. You like going along with people? Whether or not they contested it shouldn’t change your position. You either way would have said BO3 or BO5 and I’m guessing would have leaned on BO5 with that showing more raw data except they’ve been running all day?

@xeph Correct me if I’m wrong but TP won semi yesterday and CC 2day? Do you think that gave them the edge because they were playing all today or you had the edge being refreshed.
I’m just gonna say bad hosting with rule changes prior last match, etc but who am I. It could have been the other way around.

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Psychogene.6780

Psychogene.6780

Grats to the winner – did not get to watch anything as this tourny was run during morning hours for me.

I want to know, when they decided to change it from B03 to B05 at any stage during the running of the tournament, did the organizers even wait to get confirmation from ALL teams that were still in it that they agreed to this change? Simply posting it in map/party chat and getting no form of response does not equate to a silent yes.

It would make sense that if the organizers switched up the number of games then they need to get official responses from leaders of the pvp teams – all this drama could have been totally avoided. Anyway I’m sure they would have learnt from this and not repeat this format mistake again – one would hope

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

It amazes me how a BO5 match favored TP. Or is this you admiting they are indeed better than you? The only thing you can complain about is the final after you had several matches, but you also already knew the calendar and you could have asked for a different date before the tournament.
But in the end, after this little joke of sour loosing, everyone’s glad you didnt win.

in PvP

Zoutsha.1093

The problem with that bo5 thing is that there are big differences between the maps. I dont know if u realized but with our comp there was no way to win on foefire. In bo5 TP had to win 1x niflhel or khylo and it was over. Before our second match on niflhel i told my team that we need to win this although it was 2:1 for CC cause i knew we gonna loose foefire again. We didnt complain cause after winnig good teams with 2 nec on foefire we felt confident to win TP aswell (big mistake) and after lossing our first match on foefire it was too late to say “öhhhhm guys we dont want to play bo5 anymore”. Thats why super and posi are complaning. No one tried to turn the final into TP favor but unfortunately for us it happend.

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Contrary to popular belief, all this quarreling is really good for the game. Having a bitter rivalry between two good teams actually encourages the growth of eSPORTS. People may not want to accept this truth, but this kind of “drama” is actually very good for the genre.

Keep it up.

(edited by Jasher.6580)

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

The problem with that bo5 thing is that there are big differences between the maps. I dont know if u realized but with our comp there was no way to win on foefire. In bo5 TP had to win 1x niflhel or khylo and it was over. Before our second match on niflhel i told my team that we need to win this although it was 2:1 for CC cause i knew we gonna loose foefire again. We didnt complain cause after winnig good teams with 2 nec on foefire we felt confident to win TP aswell (big mistake) and after lossing our first match on foefire it was too late to say “öhhhhm guys we dont want to play bo5 anymore”. Thats why super and posi are complaning. No one tried to turn the final into TP favor but unfortunately for us it happend.

it doesn’t change the fact you had another chance to win back in nifhel, when TP lost very often.

You were 2-1, in nifhel ( again, that silly map when TP loses so much and you win so much) you had a chance to go 3-1 and close the match.

Yet you lost, that was your fault.

You agreed playing Bo5 by pressing ready and playing it, chances were fair for both teams ( at least regarding Bo5 scenario), the only “unfair” thing was CC had to play for 5 hours while TP was fresh and clean.

THIS is the real matter and the one you should complain about, because it’s simply not fair.

Altough, tbh, it also happens it soccer tournaments like Fifa World Cup, when the first ones playing semi-finals have 1 more day to rest than the the second ones ( regarding finals).

Ofc this tournament had no need for this to happen, they could have easily put your semi-finals tomorrow, and there would not be any problem.

I can feel ya.

Great match anyway, CC is a great team, don’t be such kittens.

(edited by Mrbig.8019)

in PvP

Posted by: MoGoW.1875

MoGoW.1875

About the Bo5, we knew it before the game.

They were better this day, it will be for another time.

More mad & report makes me stronger. GL.

in PvP

Zoutsha.1093

it doesn’t change the fact you had another chance to win back in nifhel, when TP lost very often.

You were 2-1, in nifhel ( again, that silly map when TP loses so much and you win so much) you had a chance to go 3-1 and close the match.

Yet you lost, that was your fault.

You agreed playing Bo5 by pressing ready and playing it, chances were fair for both teams ( at least regarding Bo5 scenario), the only “unfair” thing was CC had to play for 5 hours while TP was fresh and clean.

THIS is the real matter and the one you should complain about, because it’s simply not fair.

Altough, tbh, it also happens it soccer tournaments like Fifa World Cup, when the first ones playing semi-finals have 1 more day to rest than the the second ones.

Ofc this tournament had no need for this to happen, they could have easily put your semi-finals tomorrow, and there would not be any problem.

I can feel ya.

Great match anyway, CC is a great team, don’t be such kittens.

dude im not complaining. I would say niflhel is 60%:40% for CC, Foefire is 90% for TP khylo is 50%:50% so bo3 is actually not bad for CC. Best of 5 turns everything cause we couldnt win foefire and TP had a chance to win Niflhel or Khylo. Our second match on Niflhel was very good we won the first teamfight and had 2 points and then TP killed our thief offpoint and Teldo won a 2v1 on far. 2 mistakes and we lost the game. You cant compare that to foefire we couldve stayed in our base cause there was no chance. Im sure we wouldve lost a best of 9 vs NN aswell cause their advantage on foefire is bigger than CCs on niflhel.
TP deserved to win they played amazing im not question that at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

This thread is just stupid. we were told to play bo5 cause it was 20:30 gmt and enough time for 5 exciting matches. we couldve said that we are not playing if its bo5 but we didnt. we didnt even say that we prefer to play bo3. We lost because we did some small mistakes and TP outplayed us very good. No one was tired or not concentrated.
ggs, i wish TP best of luck at Pax.

Thumbs up for being honest and sportive.

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.