Tournament of Legends 3 DPS Official Thread

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

While the system isn’t perfect due to limitations on the number of teams that can participate in weeklies, I do want to point out that I am really glad to see that you guys are putting in so much effort into making this process.

In the past the teams seemed to be arbitrarily seeded and I think it’s amazing that you gave everyone fair warning of how it would be seeded and have a pretty solid process down. So yeah, while there are complaints here and there about it, I’d just like to remind you guys that what you’re doing is awesome and the transparency in the process is greatly appreciated.

Keep up the great work, love how you guys are managing the lead up to ToL3 thus far!

Yeah there is definitely a loop hole in the sense that there are limited spots for ESL and AG tournaments. Unfortunately there is no other tangible evidence of teams proving themselves, so it’s the best thing to go off of at this point in time.

If there are suggestions or ideas on other ways to go about it, we are definitely open to hearing them.

We appreciate the feedback!

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Brix.8461

Brix.8461

there are limited spots for ESL and AG tournaments.

Just want to let you know that there’s unlimited spots in all ESL tournaments, so there’s room for all teams who’d like to participate :)

Global Social Media, ESL
http://eslgaming.com

in PvP

Posted by: xantosnightwish.5438

xantosnightwish.5438

OK All captains have been emailed. If you didnt get one but signed up for ToL3, please contact me asap.

We have over 100 teams signed up for each region! DPS is pumped and cant wait! Keep supporting the weekly events guys and earn your seeding pts! Thank you all for your support and patience!

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports
Bear Cavalry of Legend PVP 4life!

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

I have a question here. Excuse the potentially poor English, it isn’t exactly my strong point here. I’m a bit confused, I think I read that the first T.O.L EU match starts at the 6 ot 7th of june, but admittely I cannot remember that too well, I might as well have mixed that date up, So I’m asking you just to be sure, when will the first matches begin? And will al 64 EU teams attend those? Is there some kind of link to a page with all the match up dates or perhaps a match-up bracket? In which I can see the excat dates? I would appreciate it if this question can be answered as quickly as possible. thanx in advance.

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

I have a question here. Excuse the potentially poor English, it isn’t exactly my strong point here. I’m a bit confused, I think I read that the first T.O.L EU match starts at the 6 ot 7th of june, but admittely I cannot remember that too well, I might as well have mixed that date up, So I’m asking you just to be sure, when will the first matches begin? And will al 64 EU teams attend those? Is there some kind of link to a page with all the match up dates or perhaps a match-up bracket? In which I can see the excat dates? I would appreciate it if this question can be answered as quickly as possible. thanx in advance.

Where was that heard? The EU ToL takes place on May 23rd and only that date. ^^

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

Only a week until the EU Bracket and Seedings are released! Get signed up and get those seeding pts while you can guys!

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

Hey guys, just a quick update:

I am catching up tonight/tommorrow on all roster changes that have been emailed to me. The bracket will be released Wenesday night for EU at 10pm CEST over at twitch.tv/digitalprosports with a bracket release show featuring Jebro, Mattie, Christian and Storm. I will post a spreadsheet with full team rosters after the show.

For Saturday, we are planning to have play start at 12pm CEST with the stream starting at 6:30pm CEST.

This will be the largest tournament in Guild Wars 2 history if all teams show up! If youre interested in helping and have a character on a EU server, please send me a PM

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

Are there still spaces in EU?

in PvP

Posted by: Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eyia Hellhide.7320

Hello, I’m from the EU team The First Straw.
Our captain’s account was wrongly terminated for ’real world trading".

With the pace they review tickets, most likely his case won’t be reviewed in time and we’re not going without him. Really sorry to say this, but I’m afraid we have to withdraw from the tournament.

The night is dark and full of turnips.

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

Are there still spaces in EU?

Yes, register asap.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

With the pace they review tickets, most likely his case won’t be reviewed in time and we’re not going without him. Really sorry to say this, but I’m afraid we have to withdraw from the tournament.

Let me know if you change your mind!

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

Are changes to the team name allowed?

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

Are changes to the team name allowed?

Just send the name change to jczech@digitalprosports.com

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

FYI, the Call of the Mists bonus will be enabled this weekend.

+10% PvP Rank Points
+15% Reward Track Progress
+100% Magic Find (PvP Only)

in PvP

Posted by: Athera.4506

Athera.4506

Do you guys think maybe you could add +50% WvW Experience to that buff? maybe show WvW’ers a little love now and then.

in PvP

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

Do you guys think maybe you could add +50% WvW Experience to that buff? maybe show WvW’ers a little love now and then.

^^^^^ THIS
Non-PvPers like buffs too.

in PvP

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

+10% PvP Rank Points

Oh look… yet another pvp promotion this week. I was getting a little worried that all week there wasn’t any news about pvp stuff. But now there’s going to be ANOTHER tournament with ANOTHER call of the mist bonus that ONLY affects pvp!?!?!??!?!? ooooooh man super excited!!!!!!!!! I bet all the pvers and wvwers are stoked for this, man!

in PvP

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

+10% PvP Rank Points

When are WvWers going to get another bonus weekend? The last time we got anything like this was back at the end of last year, with Sneak Attack, while PvP has had multiple bonus events since then.

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

Please refrain from hijacking this thread. Thank you.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

That must of been the last straw.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

Oh. I see what you did there.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

All teams have been emailed their start times. If you did not received an email, you need to contact me asap. Thank you!

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Posted by: Death Stroke.9875

Death Stroke.9875

All teams have been emailed their start times. If you did not received an email, you need to contact me asap. Thank you!

That’s just the EU teams not the NA teams right?

in PvP

Posted by: Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eyia Hellhide.7320

Yes. It was exactly the last straw.

The night is dark and full of turnips.

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

That’s just the EU teams not the NA teams right?

Yes this was def just the EU teams. NA teams will get the schedule email next weds.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Death Stroke.9875

Probably should have thought about this earlier, but is build/class swapping aloud, and if so what are the limitations on it? (only allowed to swap between matches, rounds, or any time out of combat?)

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Probably should have thought about this earlier, but is build/class swapping aloud, and if so what are the limitations on it? (only allowed to swap between matches, rounds, or any time out of combat?)

You’re allowed swapping class/build between matches
You’re not allowed to swap class/builds whilst being in the matches

However, keep in mind we have a tight shedule to follow so be sure to change quick.
Normally between matches you have 3-5mins tops time to do so.

Counts for all competitive tournaments and all regions (NA/EU)

Cheers

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

(edited by Terrorsquad.2349)

in PvP

Posted by: Sick.6970

Sick.6970

a useful advice i can give to anyone planning on playing the ag tournament out there:

dont use a mesmer, if he is bad you wont win, but if he is decent you will get banned cause the admins will think its an alt: they wont even try to get any proof.

happened to us, “we know what to [do]”
if you think we were alting, just spectate our mesmer and compare it to frostball, misha, helseth or even xerrex. then think again.

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

a useful advice i can give to anyone planning on playing the ag tournament out there:

dont use a mesmer, if he is bad you wont win, but if he is decent you will get banned cause the admins will think its an alt: they wont even try to get any proof.

if you think we were alting, just spectate our mesmer and compare it to frostball, misha, helseth or even xerrex. then think again.

Nice try but they just admitted, in a way..

It’s also funny you know we were targetting the mesmer, while we didn’t say the name nor the class on stream or PM.. So that just gives us more proof while we actually just had enough.

Every alt where we had 100% proof of, talked same way like u did. Untill we showed the proof eventually.

So ye, you’re not the first trying to convince us. Truth always comes out eventually.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

I know it may take over an hour of counting, but is it possible to get statistic on how often each class was represented over the 500+ poeple who played?

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

I know it may take over an hour of counting, but is it possible to get statistic on how often each class was represented over the 500+ poeple who played?

We have no information about what classes ppl play in our Database, sadly. Unless we start counting at the next tournament and write it down but that’s just more work :p

Cheers

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

Will you guys post on here when you send the NA teams the schedule email for TOL 3? It would be helpful since all members don’t have access to the actual email being used.

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

in PvP

Posted by: Aenye.2390

Aenye.2390

+10% PvP Rank Points

Oh look… yet another pvp promotion this week. I was getting a little worried that all week there wasn’t any news about pvp stuff. But now there’s going to be ANOTHER tournament with ANOTHER call of the mist bonus that ONLY affects pvp!?!?!??!?!? ooooooh man super excited!!!!!!!!! I bet all the pvers and wvwers are stoked for this, man!

much powerful, much buff, much gamechanging

Powerpuff Alex
Yeah I don’t really play the game any longer – whaddya think I am doing on forums?

in PvP

Posted by: Sick.6970

Sick.6970

It’s also funny you know we were targetting the mesmer, while we didn’t say the name nor the class on stream or PM.. So that just gives us more proof while we actually just had enough.

Every alt where we had 100% proof of, talked same way like u did. Untill we showed the proof eventually.

So ye, you’re not the first trying to convince us. Truth always comes out eventually.

actually brunners told us you were targeting the mesmer, but ok…later on he even gave us hints on who you think it was.
ill just say it again: you are lieing, there is no proof, cause there cant be any proof, cause we didnt alt.
its the wrong forum post i was writing in anyways, sry for that.

(edited by Sick.6970)

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

actually brunners told us you were targeting the mesmer, but ok…later on he even gave us hints on who you think it was.
ill just say it again: you are lieing, there is no proof, cause there cant be any proof, cause we didnt alt.

Right, what do I win for lying on my own tournament.. smh
Mattie told us he didn’t say class nor name to anyone we were targetting so it’s your word vs ours again.

You can ask pro players to review the gameplay of the mesmer, I can purposely play much worse for the stream too..

Coincidence someone ‘joked’ about the mesmer being the person we think it was right after the tournament, when AG just finished (no info at all about class/name) + being in party of another player who alted 5 weeks ago and both making fun of it? I think not.

in PvP

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

Hey; just thought I’d pop in and mention my side.

We had enough evidence for ourselves to make the decision we made. We don’t make any decision like this lightly but we felt there was enough evidence to act – you can hate on me all you want because I’m the one that delivered the news but that doesn’t change the fact that we felt we made the right decision.

Regarding me spilling the beans; I mentioned to your team captain the class only in a conversation to clear the air in which he accepted that it was done and dealt with and nothing was going to happen so there was no point arguing about it; we cleared the air and I thought I’d repay good faith by answering one of the questions he kept repeatedly asking – clearly I chose the wrong one. This was a good 30 minutes after the tourney ended.

I did not mention any names; nor give any hints; regarding the player until he was outright called out in party chat after your team invited me to a party and spent 20 minutes verbally abusing me; while I tried to be gracious and listen to your complaints. Again, I repeat, the guy we had named internally was NAMED IN CHAT without me spilling any names.

Also; I do have screenshots regarding the verbal harassment so please don’t try and act like that didn’t happen.

On top of this; the class was named in the twitch chat by the guys known co-alter about 3 minutes after the DQ was announced and about an hour before I made the class known to your team captain. Considering the people involved that is not a coincidence.

Like I said multiple times yesterday – I really am sorry that you are upset but we as a group stand by our decision and will continue to make them if necessary in future.

There is a certain tier of player in this game that think it’s acceptable to ruin other peoples hard work as well as other peoples practice environments for their own selfish end and honestly, I think that’s pretty disappointing. There are certain people that seem to be actively working against us trying to help this community grow.

This will be my only message on the subject – thank you.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in PvP

Death Stroke.9875

What has this thread become?

in PvP

Posted by: Tur Rambar.6287

Tur Rambar.6287

“To add on to what Xanatos mentioned, we will be extending prizes to top 64 instead of top 32 with this change. I’ll need to go over the rewards on Monday, but at a minimum, you can expect a Llama Mini for making it to the second round.”

What happened to the LLamas Mini for Places 32-64?

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

Everybody who won a match should be getting a Mini Llama. If you got to the second round by a bye, it does not qualify you for a mini. Other than that, it’s just patience

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Tur Rambar.6287

Tur Rambar.6287

So because our Enemy didnt showed up, we arent qualified to get an mini? Just want to be sure if I understand you correctly…Sounds a little bit stupid…

in PvP

Death Stroke.9875

Think it means those high seeding guys that skip first match because their isn’t a full 128 teams

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

Think it means those high seeding guys that skip first match because their isn’t a full 128 teams

^^^This.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Posted by: SgtJanitor.3164

SgtJanitor.3164

Brackets are now uploaded here:
http://imgur.com/PFdg9L6,nATCFWY,sHGo9vr,kkBbzXm

(you can use your left/right arrow keys to browse through the 4 pools)

Heurix
Authorized Shoutcaster for ArenaNet, ESL, and DPS

in PvP

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

Is there anywhere we can see the roaster? I have made some changes to my team however I have not received any confirmation about these changes

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

Is there anywhere we can see the roaster? I have made some changes to my team however I have not received any confirmation about these changes

What team? I just made updates about 30 mins ago? Check your email and lmk if you still havent heard back.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Posted by: FangTech.3850

FangTech.3850

Are sign ups still open?

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

Are sign ups still open?

Yes but not for much longer

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Death Stroke.9875

Just to verify, the start times are actually in CDT not CST cause it is currently daylight savings time. And when it is 12:00 CST it will be 11:00 CDT

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

Just to verify, the start times are actually in CDT not CST cause it is currently daylight savings time. And when it is 12:00 CST it will be 11:00 CDT

NA times will all be in EST.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

All team’s have been emailed their schedules!

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports