Tournament of Legends

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

http://imgur.com/a/t4bQb

1st place gets choice of legendary weapon, 2000 gems, 2 Black Lion weapon tickets

According to Hugh, 1st place unlocks time travel.

What you guys think about this? Who’s hyped?

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Looking for team whisper me!

[SoF]

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

After working my tail off since pre-launch to be able to make two legendaries myself I’m pretty disgusted at them just giving away a legendary weapon.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Really? A legendary for winning a single tournament while others have to farm 100s of hours for one? Disgusting. Guess Anet only knows extremes with rewards, either almost nothing or precursors/legendaries lol.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Lux.7169

After working my tail off since pre-launch to be able to make two legendaries myself I’m pretty disgusted at them just giving away a legendary weapon.

I bet everyone over rank 50 has pvp’d more than youv’e pve’d and we have almost nothing to show for our efforts in this game.

Anet finally shows a shed of love to less than .1% of the pvp community with a decent reward and people are already whining about it?

Classy.

[SoF]

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

You make it sound like they are giving it away to everyone.

They’re giving it to the 5 best players in the tournament, so they’re rewarding it to the most skilled.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Lux.7169

You make it sound like they are giving it away to everyone.

They’re giving it to the 5 best players in the tournament, so they’re rewarding it to the most skilled.

You don’t understand, Vol. 5 of the best pvp’ers are unworthy to receiver a legendary. They are not worthy unless you join champ zergs for hundreds of hours. That is the only way to be worthy of a legendary because others are not good at pvp kitten kitten kitten kitten .

[SoF]

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

TIL BEING THE BEST TEAM IN THE kittenING GAME ISN’T EARNING kitten.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

who is hosting this ? Anet ? O_o

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I bet everyone over rank 50 has pvp’d more than youv’e pve’d and we have almost nothing to show for our efforts in this game.

Anet finally shows a shed of love to less than .1% of the pvp community with a decent reward and people are already whining about it?

Classy.

Thats no excuse. You can play 1000s of hours PVE too if you do it wrong and get no legendary. I know people with 10k+ AP with no legendary.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

PvErs feeling the sting of ANET not giving them special attention for once? I’m surprised.

eta- join us in the PvP forums. We’ve been here since pre-launch, and we’d love the company.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Lux.7169

Classy.

Thats no excuse. You can play 1000s of hours PVE too if you do it wrong and get no legendary. I know people with 10k+ AP with no legendary.

I have 4,200 hours in pvp and I’m not nearly the most played. I could have killed things in queensdale that long and gotten a legendary.

So you’re saying everyone in pvp is unworthy of a legendary? Because that’s exactly what the state of pvp is. PvE players can mindlessly grind out a legendary in hundreds of hours in dungeons. But winning a legendary in one of the most competitive tournaments the game has seen means that 5 pvp players should not get one? PvE logic….

[SoF]

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

khani.4786

Best team in the game….right.

Best 5 people in the game that decided they wanted to PvP.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Lol seem like some angry Pve players managed to sneak into the Pvp forums. I think the prizes re pretty cool. Makes me want to find a team now.

Pve complainers
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Legendary-of-choice-for-1st-place-pvp-tourney

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

(edited by clint.5681)

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Lux.7169

Please get your pro pve/wvw’ers and enter the tourney. We’d love to show you how bad we are at this game.

[SoF]

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Liza.2758

go back to pve

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

khani.4786

go back to pve

How about I go back to WvW and continue to help our server beat the crap out of your server… ;P

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

LOL This is cute.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Liza.2758

go back to pve

How about I go back to WvW and continue to help our server beat the crap out of your server… ;P

lool you think i really care about zerging in wvw ? …

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: BLUna.7928

BLUna.7928

who is hosting this ? Anet ? O_o

Mistpedia will be hosting it (Sireph, Myself, and our staff), ArenaNet is supplying the lewt

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster
Now Casting CS:GO with ESEA
Twitter: @BLUCSGO

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

LOL pve players are complaining over 5 free legendaries to the best PvP team?

get over yourself.

Legendary is totally meaningless.

Fact – you can just buy one with a credit card

There is nothing skill wise required to acquire a legendary, its just a mindless grind.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Karl showcasing the traits like a weatherman made me laugh hard.

#believeintheweatherman

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

It is being hosted by Mistpedia, sponsored by ArenaNet.

We’ll be publishing a blog post about this later today.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

sory but wtf. wvw season, servers that won, did not get nearly as 1% of this pvp tournament winning. wtf is this crap. by your logic. everyone should just get a legendary. because best wvw server right?

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Sunt.6835

Sunt.6835

sory but wtf. wvw season, servers that won, did not get nearly as 1% of this pvp tournament winning. wtf is this crap. by your logic. everyone should just get a legendary. because best wvw server right?

you can sign up for this as well and win it. What’s problem ?

BG

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Really? A legendary for winning a single tournament while others have to farm 100s of hours for one? Disgusting. Guess Anet only knows extremes with rewards, either almost nothing or precursors/legendaries lol.

The players who will win this tournament SURELY have spent 100s of hours perfecting their craft and strategies, without earning legendaries for it in the process.

We are tipping our hats to those that have put the time and dedication into PvP, and have earned this as a reward.

We’re not just handing them out.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Lux.7169

The players who will win this tournament SURELY have spent 100s of hours perfecting their craft and strategies, without earning legendaries for it in the process.

We are tipping our hats to those that have put the time and dedication into PvP, and have earned this as a reward.

Our hero!!! salutes

[SoF]

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

lol Best WvW doesn’t mean people are skilled.

Not only do you have leechers who probably don’t even WvW regularly, but WvW is not necessarily a game of skill, but coverage.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

And you are that “almighty dragon slayer” guy from PAX?

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

Bashing doors still doesn’t count as pvp, nor should it be rewarded as one.

(edited by Lukin.4061)

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

I think 10 players in the whole community, belonging to the best team (willing to compete) in their region deserve a legendary weapon.

Our community isn’t THAT small rofl

Phaatonn, London UK

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I only wish I was good enough at sPvP to enter…oh well nevermind…back to hotjoin for my 200’ish rank points…

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Super.2749

Super.2749

Car Crash [CC] Will be back for this. Great Idea. Also to all the pvers who are whining.there are many pvpers who spent over 2000-3000 hours of gw2 and guess what, not a single nice skin to show off.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Shananigans.8412

Shananigans.8412

I might have to take a break from my PVE grind for my legendary for this!

Shananigans- Team Absolute Legends
[Ark]-Ele

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

Most irrational complaints ever. Something like a legendary is exactly what I see as the right choice as a price for an such a tournament.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Wrong, you are LITERALLY just handing them out. 5 of them. LITERALLY.

My biggest issue is that legendary weapons are supposed to reflect all aspects of the game to some extent. Now, I’m a WvWer. I’ve spent almost 6000 hours in this game, but I still have done my map completion in order to get the gift of exploration. I’ve still figured out ways to make money to buy a precursor. Not only that, I’ve bought other mats to supplement the ones I haven’t had. That’s a lot of work for someone who isn’t interested in these other aspects of the game. But I still did it because I wanted Juggernaut. Oh, and I’m also rank 40 in PvP.

So, just like me, people who primarily PvP should still go out there and do what is needed to get your legendary. But, I do feel PvPers pain. Like you, WvWers have gotten the short end of the stick. PvPers probably more so, because PvP is, essentially, a whole different game, with different rules and different equipment, etc. You don’t get loot drops, gold, and so on. On the other hand, you also don’t have to spend a but load of gold upgrading siege, structures, and so on, like you do in WvW. You don’t have to spend gold on, well, anything.

The other big issue I have is that this is hardly democratic. 1) You will have to be in one of the best PvP guilds because this is a team effort. That right there is going to eliminate a ton of people. 2) This will favor people with higher end systems. When competing at this high level, every millisecond counts.

It’s important to have rewards, and tornies like this are fun, but, in the end, I just feel that the reward for winning this is SEVERELY unbalanced.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Lux.7169

I’ve spent almost 6000 hours in this game

So you’ve literally spent almost 10 hours every single day on this game since it was released?

I think your issues go beyond Arenanet offering 5 legendaries as a prize for the highest level of tournament we’ve seen for nearly a year.

[SoF]

(edited by Lux.7169)

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

The top team deserves them. I see nothing wrong with this.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Car Crash [CC] Will be back for this. Great Idea. Also to all the pvers who are whining.there are many pvpers who spent over 2000-3000 hours of gw2 and guess what, not a single nice skin to show off.

I would have thought that your PvP locker was pretty much full after 2000-3000 hours of playing?

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Lux.7169

I would have thought that your PvP locker was pretty much full after 2000-3000 hours of playing?

Full of items you can get for 30 mins of pve play.

How about we trade you guys rewards. You get our pvp lockers, we’ll take your legendaries. Deal?

[SoF]

(edited by Lux.7169)

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

A really good reward scheme. Good luck to those participating

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

And what about the more casual players? I’ve put about 1000 hours in pvp without much of a reward.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: xantosnightwish.5438

xantosnightwish.5438

This is a pretty awesome announcement. TY ANET!

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports
Bear Cavalry of Legend PVP 4life!

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Lux.7169

And what about the more casual players? I’ve put about 1000 hours in pvp without much of a reward.

supposedly the upcoming reward system will rectify this.

[SoF]

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

supposedly the upcoming reward system will rectify this.

Hopefully. I assume those changes aren’t coming in the feature pack?

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

How about we trade you guys rewards. You get our pve lockers, we’ll take your legendaries. Deal?

Really? 30 minutes? Where can I do this? Surely if it’s only 30 mins then there’s no problem for you either? Regardless, that deal sounds good to me.

PS I don’t have a legendary and relatively few nice skins as I don’t have time for multiple dungeon runs. Also I don’t mind this so much despite it excluding non sPvPers from a chance at the reward I just fine the idea of someone having no nice skins after 3000 hours to be ludicrous.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Lux.7169

How about we trade you guys rewards. You get our pve lockers, we’ll take your legendaries. Deal?

Really? 30 minutes? Where can I do this? Surely if it’s only 30 mins then there’s no problem for you either? Regardless, that deal sounds good to me.

PS I don’t have a legendary and relatively few nice skins as I don’t have time for multiple dungeon runs. Also I don’t mind this so much despite it excluding non sPvPers from a chance at the reward I just fine the idea of someone having no nice skins after 3000 hours to be ludicrous.

I meant the pve population as a whole. And I do have tons of pve sets from dungeons, all of which were substantially easier to get in pve than in pvp.

So let’s take all the legendaries you pve players have, create a ratio to downscale it to the pvp population and distribute legendaries to XX% of pvp players.

Now you pve’er can get our 5 legendaries from this tournament.

Oh, and we get your weapon skins exclusive to pve as well.

Sounds legit.

We’ll also trade you our gold and glroy for your gold and karma.

[SoF]

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

This is an open tourney…everyone has the opportunity to try and win the grand prize. I suggest everyone put a team together and try to win.

Whining about this is like whining to your local golf club pro while the US Open is on: “Why are they giving Phil Mickelson 1 million dollars for playing golf? No one ever pays me to play golf!”.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

I’m not saying that 100s of hours you spend in spvp is worthless. but anet should bring out exclusive spvp weapons that is equivalent to the legendaries. which need pve/wvw to do. map complete is a bish.

There are armors spvp exclusive that I really want but never can get bc spvp is really grindy to me.

The exclusive spvp weapons would show that you have “earned” it in doing pvp.

this option would gain more spvp players than anything.

and don’t be rude to wvw comanders and wvw players. it is alot of effort for a whole server to win by working together.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

What decides which 16 teams gets to compete?

~~Ayeres~~