Tournament of Legends

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

a 16 team tourney on the weekend? I would anticipate noon PST for the NA tourney

I’m sure we’ll get more details when registration opens.

[SoF]

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: draven.4796

draven.4796

I think this is great, would be greater the next weekend when I am not on shift. Think Im coming down with something. cough any teams going? cough

/aside I was lucky enough to buy a precursor for lots of gold, now grinding for 250 of everything is making me want to back to Aion or level a necro solo in Daoc (vanilla) so the idea of winning one is awesome sauce.

1st rule of neutral club is to listen to the other
rules and then take an overview.
[EU}Gandara

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The one thing I really want to know is if the legendary components will be for creating a PvP legendary or a PvE legendary? Somehow it would be fitting to win a PvP tournament and get a PvP legendary, whereas if you got a PvE one you… couldn’t use it in the format you play more than any other.

I will say this, though: I’m super excited for this tournament. I just wish I could get on a team that actually stood a chance! This is the kind of thing I’d so participate in if I could.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

I think this tournament is a great idea , Especially for the esports crowd who has put a lot of effort into spvp . I just hope that anet is going to get involved in running there own in game tournies at some point

[WM]give us in game ladder

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

The one thing I really want to know is if the legendary components will be for creating a PvP legendary or a PvE legendary? Somehow it would be fitting to win a PvP tournament and get a PvP legendary, whereas if you got a PvE one you… couldn’t use it in the format you play more than any other.

I will say this, though: I’m super excited for this tournament. I just wish I could get on a team that actually stood a chance! This is the kind of thing I’d so participate in if I could.

I think they want to merge pve and pvp gear in the future so it probably wont matter.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Vuuh.8254

Vuuh.8254

a 16 team tourney on the weekend? I would anticipate noon PST for the NA tourney

I’m sure we’ll get more details when registration opens.

those 16 slots will probably be easily filled on EU, and possibly on NA as well by wvwvw/pvers hoping for a shot at the rewards.
Not that any of them will put up any good fights vs any of the current “top” teams, but there are random disconnects and power outage happening… so i guess it’s possible for any team to win with enough luck :P

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

So many jelly people upset by this.

“5 people are earning legendarys based on skill, and not grind? I AM OUTRAGED!”

I’m not gonna win, hell, I probably won’t even bother signing up, but there is nothing wrong with this reward.

I have 4 legendarys, they in no way take skill or dedication to make. All you need to know is how to make money. Well I guess knowing how to make money is a skill but that’s debatable.

Someone else earning a legendary for their pvp dedication, does not affect you.

PvP getting a decent reward, does not affect you.

If you want to play pve for your legendary, do it, but this does not affect you.

They get no unfair advantage over you, this does not affect you.

You should apply for Jelly School. That’s right, in fact, I’m gonna call the Jelly School right now, mkay, I’m sorry about this but its gone too far. I’ve had it.

“Hello is this the Jelly School? Mkay I have a little girl here who’s extremely jelly. I was seeing if you could take her in for a few weeks. Mkay you’re full? Mkay I guess she dodged a bullet this time but she better watch her jelly behaviour.”

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

After working my tail off since pre-launch to be able to make two legendaries myself I’m pretty disgusted at them just giving away a legendary weapon.

I bet everyone over rank 50 has pvp’d more than youv’e pve’d and we have almost nothing to show for our efforts in this game.

Anet finally shows a shed of love to less than .1% of the pvp community with a decent reward and people are already whining about it?

Classy.

There is no PvE or WvW equivalent of this. Players who are in the top 0.1% of PvE or WvW in terms of skill have no “tournament” to give them a legendary. I agree this isn’t as simple as turning up on tournament day and winning a a few matches in a few hours to walk away with a legendary, but if you believe that an sPvP player is being rewarded for a year or more of perfecting their sPvP game you should be able to see that the exact same is true for WvW and PvE players. There are PvE players that have mastered their class and their part of the game but there is no way for them to turn up one weekend and walk away with a legendary.

You talk about lack of a decent reward but sPvP has had access to most skins in the game (a gap that got wider as back items were added but no PvP equivalent method was implemented to access them) and did so without ever having to enter the cash shop to buy transmutation stones. Anyone over rank 50 should have easy access to the vast majority of skins in the game, all they need to do is walk to their locker and withdraw the skins, so your claim that they are have almost nothing to show for that time is very much hyperbole. PvP cosmetic progression does miss out on a lot of things but in many ways cosmetics were handed to PvP players on a silver platter, it’s not appreciated as much because it’s too easy, that’s also not accounting for instant access to all PvP runes, sigils, amulets and jewels for free. Compare the prestige of Dwayna’s Longbow in PvP to PvE or the ease of swapping stats and looks in PvP compared to time and investment that goes into acquiring skins, armour stats, transmutation crystals and runes in PvE.

I’m glad PvP has access to legendaries. I don’t like that the status of a legendary doesn’t even attempt to mimic mastery of the game (and it hasn’t since they were able to be sold, it was arguable whether or not this was the case before they could be sold given how grindy they are, despite that this new implementation doesn’t move towards fixing that) nor do I like that this implementation is solely for a handful of PvP players while all the other PvP players are out of luck (it’s possible bad luck/off day or a bad meta could result in less skilled people acquiring them).

At the end of the day this is only five legendaries and a handful of precursors, I wouldn’t mind betting that Deadeye and Subject 7 handed out more legendaries/precursors than this tournament will.

I don’t think arguing against something like this will achieve anything when the devs are so desperate to get players to jump into sPvP.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Goodcat.4869

Mr Goodcat.4869

Were people this mad when they made a $10,000.00 tournament? That was for real money, did the pve community cry then? The winning team could have bought a few legendary weapons with the winnings. So why so much crying now? The best 5 players this time don’t get money, or graphics cards, or any real world loot. They win a legendary weapon that arena net owns, that they get to show off. Personally if I was one of the top pvp players I would rather have another chance at the $10,000.00 not some legendary.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Levis.6137

Levis.6137

Very nice,
i think there is no better way, a-net could bring more people to PvP.
Good move! keep it up!

General Kayun
Riverside [DE]

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Entioch.6594

Entioch.6594

It’s about time they added something like this to this welfare game. To the kids crying, tough, if you want to get exceptional things easily (legendaries) learn to be exceptional (winning tournaments).

Hidden Sin[ONI]
ERP guild looking for members.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

Another anet hosted tournament after a ‘huge’ balance patch.

/facepalm

Symbolic

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

It’s about time they added something like this to this welfare game. To the kids crying, tough, if you want to get exceptional things easily (legendaries) learn to be exceptional (winning tournaments).

Brb getting my warrior

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Hyperion.6027

Hyperion.6027

Wholeheartedly agree to the choice of rewards in this tournament! 5 sPvPers getting a legendary and another 35 people receiving components for a legendary (plus weapon tickets) is hardly making up for the lackluster rewards sPvP has been living with since launch. Not to mention the recent gear unification that I believe favoured PvE.

I’ll even go as far as suggest that if this tournament turns out to be a success (in terms of new players coming to sPVP, or re-activating old players), please make it a recurring thing. GW1 automated/monthly tournaments come to mind, but maybe solutions that were implemented in the past for GW2 would work as well – perhaps QPs would make sense to qualify players for a recurring tournament like this?

And before someone points out that 5 legendaries a month is a lot, please take a look at the big picture – rewards can be adjusted.

Great initiative ANet, get the ball rolling.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Really? A legendary for winning a single tournament while others have to farm 100s of hours for one? Disgusting. Guess Anet only knows extremes with rewards, either almost nothing or precursors/legendaries lol.

The players who will win this tournament SURELY have spent 100s of hours perfecting their craft and strategies, without earning legendaries for it in the process.

We are tipping our hats to those that have put the time and dedication into PvP, and have earned this as a reward.

We’re not just handing them out.

No.. you are just handing them out for one tournament. It’s devaluing legendaries further. Yeah I know people can buy them with a credit card or on the TP but that wasn’t ever right to begin with either. I mean, 2nd place isn’t going to get their choice of it.. yet those people will have likely spent just as much time in spvp as first place.. or even 10th place. In no other place in the game can any group of players walk out with a legendary after a single event. It’s not right imo when these weapons are the end game thing so many people go after.

What you guys should have done was designed an exclusive weapon just for this tournament that literally no one else could get but the winners. Now that would have been prestigious.

(edited by Lothirieth.3408)

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

After working my tail off since pre-launch to be able to make two legendaries myself I’m pretty disgusted at them just giving away a legendary weapon.

I bet everyone over rank 50 has pvp’d more than youv’e pve’d and we have almost nothing to show for our efforts in this game.

Anet finally shows a shed of love to less than .1% of the pvp community with a decent reward and people are already whining about it?

Classy.

You talk about lack of a decent reward but sPvP has had access to most skins in the game (a gap that got wider as back items were added but no PvP equivalent method was implemented to access them) and did so without ever having to enter the cash shop to buy transmutation stones. Anyone over rank 50 should have easy access to the vast majority of skins in the game, all they need to do is walk to their locker and withdraw the skins, so your claim that they are have almost nothing to show for that time is very much hyperbole. PvP cosmetic progression does miss out on a lot of things but in many ways cosmetics were handed to PvP players on a silver platter, it’s not appreciated as much because it’s too easy, that’s also not accounting for instant access to all PvP runes, sigils, amulets and jewels for free. Compare the prestige of Dwayna’s Longbow in PvP to PvE or the ease of swapping stats and looks in PvP compared to time and investment that goes into acquiring skins, armour stats, transmutation crystals and runes in PvE.

Do you know how much time it took to get to Rank 40 or Rank 50 back over a year ago? The rank points needed was too much, and we didn’t get increased gain until nearly a year later. We also didn’t have a way to obtaining gold as a currency until recently. And as for cosmetics I beg to differ that PvE has way more skins that are more appealing that could have been implemented in sPvP. There are only a few cosmetics in sPvP that are worth getting through ranks, but as you notice most people have gem store skins or weapon skins from the trading post. After doing so many tourneys, we got the same rewards with the same skins. You open them and eventually have to salvage with an excess amount of pvp mats useful for making dyes really. PvE people could do dungeon paths which take nearly and hour for a simple 5 gold, and people from sPvP didn’t have a way to make gold as currency other than making dyes which was still RNG. Don’t get me wrong I understand what it’s like to make a legendary in PvE. I’ve done map completion three times, and have 2 legendaries, 8 80’s. It takes time, but you had an incentive in PvE to acquire skins, because you had a way to make gold. In a PvP perspective we didn’t have an efficient way to make gold or have incentive for rewards after getting the same rewards. The amount of PvE Living Story and WvW updates compared to PvP updates? More in favor of PvE and WvW. PvE has way more exclusive rewards. WvW recently added in Leagues, and a progression system with rewards.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

I am going to ask a couple questions that are probably on everyone’s minds:

Where were all you cry-hards when the PAX Tournament was announced?

In case you missed it because you were too busy buying a couple quaggan backpacks on the gemstore, the PAX Tournament gave 10K dollars to the winning team.

Now do you happen to even guess the amount of legendaries that could be bought with all that money? Do you?

For once, Legendary items are actually the showcasing of skill in this game and there are players who manage to speak badly about that.

You had your chance to complain back then. I rest my god kitten case.

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Were people this mad when they made a $10,000.00 tournament? That was for real money, did the pve community cry then? The winning team could have bought a few legendary weapons with the winnings. So why so much crying now? The best 5 players this time don’t get money, or graphics cards, or any real world loot. They win a legendary weapon that arena net owns, that they get to show off. Personally if I was one of the top pvp players I would rather have another chance at the $10,000.00 not some legendary.

Big difference. If someone buys legendaries on the TP someone else spent the effort to build them. Here Anet pulls 10 legendaries (5 NA, 5 EU) out of nowhere.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Big difference. If someone buys legendaries on the TP someone else spent the effort to build them. Here Anet pulls 10 legendaries (5 NA, 5 EU) out of nowhere.

Now I know why you are so worked up about this. You are actually proud of being one of the guys with most Achievement Points in the game, as if the Achievements themselves were actually challenging to get.

10 people will come out of this tournament with a Legendary. And I can stand by this claim that they will be in fact, worthy of one. Can you say the same about the PvE method of getting Legendaries? Where a skilled individual might try for years and not get one sight of a precursor, where a bowbear comes along and gets first shot first suceed at getting a precursor? Where’s the effort/worthiness there huh?

Whenever I see a guy walking by with a Legendary in PvE, I’m not impressed. But you’re kitten right I’m gonna be impressed when I see a guy walking with a Legendary in PvP. That shows what he has done, and what he is capable of.

Of course this whole scenario will be flushed down the toilet when Anet allows for skin-cross over between PvE and PvP. Then the 10 legendaries in PvP will mean absolutely nothing to the infinite-spam of PvE legendaries, created through luck and mindless grinding.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

/facepalm

Which is why I’m only looking for a team for this tournament. The balance looks pretty terrible tbh, but there’s a pretty nice reward here and no big risk since you can play the tournament from home on a single weekend.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

/facepalm

Anet is not hosting the tournament. They are just providing the rewards.
Anyway, I think it’s awesome. Anyone can enter, and that’s what matters the most. GIve everyone equal chance.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Constant.7498

Constant.7498

I am actually astounded people are complaining that these players will be getting a “free” legendary, this is my first time on forums, outstanding.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Now I know why you are so worked up about this. You are actually proud of being one of the guys with most Achievement Points in the game, as if the Achievements themselves were actually challenging to get.

10 people will come out of this tournament with a Legendary. And I can stand by this claim that they will be in fact, worthy of one. Can you say the same about the PvE method of getting Legendaries? Where a skilled individual might try for years and not get one sight of a precursor, where a bowbear comes along and gets first shot first suceed at getting a precursor? Where’s the effort/worthiness there huh?

Whenever I see a guy walking by with a Legendary in PvE, I’m not impressed. But you’re kitten right I’m gonna be impressed when I see a guy walking with a Legendary in PvP. That shows what he has done, and what he is capable of.

Of course this whole scenario will be flushed down the toilet when Anet allows for skin-cross over between PvE and PvP. Then the 10 legendaries in PvP will mean absolutely nothing to the infinite-spam of PvE legendaries, created through luck and mindless grinding.

you got it all wrong, I am not impressed by winning a tournament in GW2 at this point either, maybe if it was done without using any meta builds, but wait for it. sPvP in this game doesnt require any player skill.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

you got it all wrong, I am not impressed by winning a tournament in GW2 at this point either, maybe if it was done without using any meta builds, but wait for it. sPvP in this game doesnt require any player skill.

If that’s the case, why don’t you prove it by competing in the tournament?

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

I will most likely be playing TESO because feature patch looks fail so far

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Really? A legendary for winning a single tournament while others have to farm 100s of hours for one? Disgusting. Guess Anet only knows extremes with rewards, either almost nothing or precursors/legendaries lol.

Don’t talk. Please.

If you think its so easy to do, please go win the turny.

You’ll be facing some of the BEST pvpers in the game. PvPers who are rank 50+

Do you have any idea how long it took some players to reach rank 50? The ones that are rank 70+ have probably been playing since release none stop.

If someone is good enough and low rank to win, then more power to them. Its rewarding their skill level. So please, don’t talk about things you know little about.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Why should I not talk? I am r56 myself (1114 won tPvP games), WvW rank on main over 700 and over 21k achievement points. You cant say I didnt devote any time to this game.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Envy.8093

Envy.8093

Does the substitute get rewards even if the sub doesn’t play? They are kind of giving up their potential to play so I would assume so but who knows.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Kibbles.9813

Kibbles.9813

Do you have any idea how long it took some players to reach rank 50?

A weekend of Skyhammer exploiting, in some cases!

Kynn Snagtooth [TCFM] – Tarnished Coast

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Why should I not talk? I am r56 myself (1114 won tPvP games), WvW rank on main over 700 and over 21k achievement points. You cant say I didnt devote any time to this game.

Then you know how much time it takes to do this stuff, why should PvP players not get rewarded for their devotion?

Do you have any idea how long it took some players to reach rank 50?

A weekend of Skyhammer exploiting, in some cases!

PvE has scenerios like this too. I’ve seen people “going” after a legendary and only farm queensdale champion train or one dungeon.

I know people who got “lucky” and got 5 precursors to drop out of the mystic forge within the course of a month, earning them hundreds of gold without devoting that much time. Only to be soon after they got their own legendary that they wanted from the ridiculous amount of gold they had.

I know people who would spend 3 hours a day flipping the TP and earning close to 1,000 gold a week.

So PvPers not receiving these rewards doesn’t make any sense. Especially when you see how dedicated some of them are.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

/facepalm

Anet is not hosting the tournament. They are just providing the rewards.
Anyway, I think it’s awesome. Anyone can enter, and that’s what matters the most. GIve everyone equal chance.

Arenanet didn’t host the last tournament really, they gave that privilege to mistleague who made a right kitten up of it really. What I meant is this tournament is fully endorsed and ‘sponsered’? by Arenanet, they’ve announced it themselves with an announcement on the homepage etc.

/facepalm

Which is why I’m only looking for a team for this tournament. The balance looks pretty terrible tbh, but there’s a pretty nice reward here and no big risk since you can play the tournament from home on a single weekend.

What I mean is ‘Hey we’re adding new stuff into the game that’s potentially stupid as kitten and kittenedly op, but we’re hosting a tournament a couple weeks after so it’s k! And don’t worry about it, we won’t hotfix/fix broken kitten before the patch!’

Symbolic

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: BryBry.8409

BryBry.8409

This is madness. This is an insult to ever player in the game, pvper and pve alike. It is a direct insult to the honor family name of Symba.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

The thing that’s really getting to me about this thread is all the PvPers complaining that they deserve a reward like this because of x, y, and z. They site how PvEers and WvWers go out and grind, get lucky, farm champs, play the TP, or whatever. Here’s the thing that kittenes me off. PvPers can do all that too. Just get the kitten out of PvP. We all did, so can you.

I do agree with the posters that have mentioned coming up with a completely unique skin. That would be pretty cool. I’ve also come around from my previous post. 5 legendaries isn’t too big of a deal, as long as it isn’t frequent. Putting 5 legendaries into the economy, plus the 2nd place rewards that will make it much easier to make legendaries will hurt the legendary economy.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: saVdoom.2067

saVdoom.2067

The players who will win this tournament SURELY have spent 100s of hours perfecting their craft and strategies, without earning legendaries for it in the process.

We are tipping our hats to those that have put the time and dedication into PvP, and have earned this as a reward.

Or they have 5 bads playing hambows/spirit rangers/decap engineers and pistol whip thiefs. So hard. Much Skill. Wow.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Well they were handing out precursors in PvE 1+ year ago. Since it’s a year late for PvP it is only fair that they hand out the completed thing.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

I agree that tournaments like that should be held more often. The rewards are amazing and since pvp has no legendaries a great way to give some to pvp players.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

Or they have 5 bads playing hambows/spirit rangers/decap engineers and pistol whip thiefs. So hard. Much Skill. Wow.

Show me a tourney where five “bads” playing those specs or any combination have won. Oh wait…there haven’t been any… Funny how that scenario never works out vs a top tier pvp team.

Long story short I’m glad for these rewards. It makes me happy to see us finally get some love and attention (whether positive or negative qq’ing) because we all know pvp is the last place to get content. For all the pve/wvw players who are upset, go ahead and sign up to play us pvp’rs. Run 5 hambows for all I care or whatever you think is the broken spec. I guarantee a top pvp team will show you it’s not about what’s the most “OP” but rather the time invested as a team and individual which will win matches.

Just because we chose not to go pve killing AI all day for hours on end doesn’t mean we don’t deserve it. We are just as entitled to a legendary as anyone. Many of us also pve/wvw from time to time but we don’t put in the countless hours farming champs. We didn’t see it necessary because for a time we did not know pve/pvp skins would be shared one day. There was no point for us to pve for a legendary when we wouldn’t even see it when we do what we bought the game for – pvp. Now they will be shared and we are at a severe disadvantage compared to the pve’rs who will be able to strut into pvp with their gear. Now that to me seems unfair that something we put a lot of effort into and time and we have nothing flashy to show for it (except finishers if you consider that comparable to legendaries which I don’t personally).

Jut let pvp have it’s day for once – it’s 10 legendaries total. Hardly going to ruin value or anything like that… If you think it’s stupid easy to obtain, feel free to enter the team pool. I look forward to seeing you there.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Imho legendary are not the good rewards for a tournament like this.

I mean, who wins this tournament need unique rewards.

Everyone can get a legendary in pve or buy it on tp but very few people can win this tournament.

So i’d like to see unique rewards like special finishers for pax finalist, legendary are good but not uniques.

What’s the difference between the winner of this tournament and a pve random player with his legendary? (Speaking about rewards)

Nothing.

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

Why are people so buttmad at some pixels? It is just a skin on a weapon (that isnt even useable in spvp right now) if you REALLY wanted a legendary you would be doing pve, or just try to win it yourself on a tournament <.<

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

Really adore this tourney – Mostly because the prices are so epic!

Don’t know why I was surprised to see around four threads wining about these prices; Just the nature of easy-access forums.

Imho legendary are not the good rewards for a tournament like this.

I mean, who wins this tournament need unique rewards.

I agree… but I think this tournament is an exception, due to the big reward.

Something that ties into this though, is that perhaps the “stone tablet” with the list of tournament winners should be more in the center of the Hall of Memories, thus being more impacting.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

(edited by Phadde.7362)

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Lol that Zerg follow.

5 legendaries isn’t that big of a deal

I hope all 5 of the winners pick the frenzy just to kitten the complainers off even more. I would if I had a chance followed by /sit /sit /sit

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

I give arena net props for improvising on how to manipulate people into thinking this is a big tournament. They are broke because of low player base so they are resorting into giving legendary weapons. Well played, you can fool the remaining sheep :p

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

This is an equal opportunity tournament. Those that focus on PvE and WvW are absolutely welcome to sign up. This is not a PvE vs. PvP situation. What’s good for PvP is good for everyone.

And to clarify on a few things:

This tournament is being hosted by Mistpedia, similarly to the way PAX was done with Mist League. I have faith that Sireph, Blu, Shadowplasm, and their team will do a fantastic job, and we will be supporting them throughout the tournament. In hindsight, I should have emphasized that in the blog. Sorry about that!

There are going to be two tournaments. One for EU, and the following for NA. This means five Legendaries per region.

For those that don’t think they can compete in the tournament, you can also just tune in for a chance to win some shinies. No, we’ll not be giving viewers Legendaries, but it will definitely be worth watching.

Let’s hug it out!

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

So will the developers go grind out or buy these legendaries from the trading post or will you pull them out of thin air? Both pulling ingame items out of thin air and giving free gems costs you only the manpower to apply them to the accounts = almost nothing.
Smells like a cheap way to hype sPvP for you because you wont have to give 10000 USD.

Also if you want eSports go polish Keg Brawl. Keg Brawl is as close as eSports will ever get to GW2, yet the developers completly neglect it.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

This is an equal opportunity tournament. Those that focus on PvE and WvW are absolutely welcome to sign up. This is not a PvE vs. PvP situation. What’s good for PvP is good for everyone.

And to clarify on a few things:

This tournament is being hosted by Mistpedia, similarly to the way PAX was done with Mist League. I have faith that Sireph, Blu, Shadowplasm, and their team will do a fantastic job, and we will be supporting them throughout the tournament. In hindsight, I should have emphasized that in the blog. Sorry about that!

There are going to be two tournaments. One for EU, and the following for NA. This means five Legendaries per region.

For those that don’t think they can compete in the tournament, you can also just tune in for a chance to win some shinies. No, we’ll not be giving viewers Legendaries, but it will definitely be worth watching.

Let’s hug it out!

The team alternates don’t get rewards?

T.T

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Why should alternates get rewards if they didnt play? Makes no sense @Shockwave.1230

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Why should alternates get rewards if they didnt play? Makes no sense @Shockwave.1230

They might play some matches in the tournament, just not all of them.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Classy.

You mean the home defender that rarely has to do anything above or beyond 1 vs 1 with their usual OP build? Or you mean the Pvp giant guardian who stands on center node all game long? Perhaps you mean the rank 50 skyhammer farmers?..maybe you’re referring to the PvP vets who were accomplished pre mades that were placed against PuG’s?

Just because someone is rank 50 and may have PvP’ed more than PvE is not an acceptable excuse to justify this reward. Many people are still after almost 2 years trying just to get a precursor to drop, let alone a complete legendary weapon of their choice. All this shows is the reward for the tournament is lazy. A specific PvP skinned weapon where the stats can be selected was far more appropriate. It shows there is no love for PvP when you can’t even come up with a specific reward for a PvP tournament. Instead you just give items that can only be used in PvE.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

Classy.

You mean the home defender that rarely has to do anything above or beyond 1 vs 1 with their usual OP build? Or you mean the Pvp giant guardian who stands on center node all game long? Perhaps you mean the rank 50 skyhammer farmers?..maybe you’re referring to the PvP vets who were accomplished pre mades that were placed against PuG’s?

Just because someone is rank 50 and may have PvP’ed more than PvE is not an acceptable excuse to justify this reward. Many people are still after almost 2 years trying just to get a precursor to drop, let alone a complete legendary weapon of their choice. All this shows is the reward for the tournament is lazy. A specific PvP skinned weapon where the stats can be selected was far more appropriate. It shows there is no love for PvP when you can’t even come up with a specific reward for a PvP tournament. Instead you just give items that can only be used in PvE.

You just sign in and win the prize. That’s it.

dont bark, just do it

/thread close

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: aussieheals.6843

aussieheals.6843

I won’t have time to compete but I’m so excited for those who can. It feels like i’m being rewarded even though I cannot participate because our aspect of the game is being acknowledged.

This is a tournament I’m definitely going to watch, for those who are participating good luck and have fun!

IGN: Aussie Archer