Traits only unlocked by PvE?

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

You can get all the trait stuff you need from doing nothing but PvP, so there’s no reason to get all up in arms.

GW1 was set up in a similar way and it worked out really well. Personally, I’m glad to see them picking up aspects of GW1 that worked and implementing them in GW2.

Thing is, the unlocks will most likely be character-bound (and NOT account-bound like on GW1), meaning pvp character rerolls are screwed.
…and that’s awesome!

P.S. How are those templates treating you now that rerolling has been ‘nerfed’? Owait
heuhuehueheu

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

PvPers might be able to unlock it by doing pvp, but pvers will unlock it faster which is the broken part.

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

Actually why not make it so gaining the champion titles unlock all the traits for that class as an option to buying them with gold?

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in PvP

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

Any step in the direction of GW1 is a right step.

in PvP

Posted by: Kashou.6058

Kashou.6058

Hey let’s implement the kittentiest thing from GW1:

Unlocking skills.

Good job, Arenanet has finally become completely useless and abandoned the one thing that made them a good company. Completely pointless decision.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

Is it a conscious decision to always implement features that infuriate the pvpers?

in PvP

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Is it a conscious decision to always implement features that infuriate the pvpers?

I believe it was a part of the original manifesto.

in PvP

Posted by: Steelxsoldier.6512

Steelxsoldier.6512

Just a clarification here:

Earlier it was stated by Roy that new players in pvp will still have all traits unlocked EXCEPT the new ones that will be added. If this is the case, then I dont see a reason to complain, unless the price for unlocking is something crazy like 1g or more. Hell, the way i see it 10 or 20 games of hotjoin will get you all of the skills you need (hopefully)

FUNK
Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Earlier it was stated by Roy that new players in pvp will still have all traits unlocked EXCEPT the new ones that will be added. If this is the case, then I dont see a reason to complain, unless the price for unlocking is something crazy like 1g or more. Hell, the way i see it 10 or 20 games of hotjoin will get you all of the skills you need (hopefully)

I cant imagine them only costing 1g with all the gold flying around in PvE atm.
Personally I suspect they’ll be closer to 5-10g a piece.. but ofcourse these are pure speculations.

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

The new healing skills costed how much? 25 Skillpoints aka 25 tomes?
I don’t expect any of the new traits costing less than 50s.

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

You can purchase any of the trait guides. Prices depend on tier and whether it’s new or not. So for every trait there will be an option to go out into the world and unlock it via specific content or just purchase it if you choose to go that route.

I hope the moderators aren’t at lunch. They are going to have work clearing up all the rage which will ensue.

Fwiw, Karl and Roy are good guys who do a good job for this game. It isn’t their fault the game has a PvE direction.

Seriously? I think if people would take a second to realize that you get gold from PvP now, they wouldn’t have the knee-jerk response of calling this anything related to PvE.

You can get all the trait stuff you need from doing nothing but PvP, so there’s no reason to get all up in arms.

GW1 was set up in a similar way and it worked out really well. Personally, I’m glad to see them picking up aspects of GW1 that worked and implementing them in GW2.

It then becomes an issue of “Why can PvE players earn our PvP unlocks faster then we can?”

Simple: PvE has a lot more gold sinks than PvE. In other words, you may earn more as a PvE player, but being a PvE player costs more than being a PvP player,

This is not quite true.

Pve:

• Tap gold from monster drops, vendoring items, dungeon gold reward etc
  • Sink 15% gold when selling on tp. Spend gold on vendors (which are rarely used, compared to the TP).
  • Contributes to inflation (even if it’s very small and acceptable)

Pvp:

• Tap a little bit of gold when you win a match.
  • sink gold when spending the gold on ANYTHING (vendors). A pure pvp player will never use the TP.
  • contributes nothing to inflation, at all.

I feel like they could easily increase gold rewards (and even more easily, item rewards) in pvp. Pure pvp players will always sink 100% of the gold they earn, thus not affecting the economy at all. Players that play both pvp and pve/wvw, will be rewarded appropriatly. Currently, doing a dungeon in 15 minutes will give 1 gold. Guess what you earn with 15 minutes of pvp. Yeah, like 10 silver.

In my oppinion, pvp should be more rewarding than dungeons, atleast in their current state.

Dungeon gameplay:

• Stack in a corner and do deeps
  • Instantly win, because there’s no challenge
  • Collect massive reward

Pvp gameplay:

• dynamically adjust your strategy, in response to waht the enemy is doing.
  • don’t spam skills, but only use them when they’re needed, and overcome your enemy by skillfull play.
  • communicate with your team.
  • have either a small reward, or a very small reward depending on wether you win or not.

Giving more item rewards (that are sellable) instead of gold would be even better, because players that play both pvp and pve would still either consume them or sell them, which lowers inflation.

Anyway, that’s just my oppinion.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Actually why not make it so gaining the champion titles unlock all the traits for that class as an option to buying them with gold?

That sounds good. It’s account bound too.

I like having 3 Mesmers, so I can swap a whole build at a few clicks… If they used some grandmaster traits, I’d had to unlock it on all of them :/.

And it also rewards skilled players, which is exactly what this game needs.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in PvP

Posted by: Deku.3129

Deku.3129

They said they’re selling the new traits for a combination of skill points and gold. Idk about you, but I don’t get skill points from pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

They will certainly do this! They said, they listen to us! Oh, wait, they don’t.

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.