Turn glory boosters into glory consumables.

in PvP

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

By now a lot of people are still stuck to a lot of glory boosters.

A simple solution to not make them absolutely useless is to make them tradable for a glory consumable.

This way, you can still use glory boosters when you’re playing and get the full benefit.
Or you can trade them in for an amount less than you would get by using them during gameplay.

Lets say each game takes 10 minutes, and you play 4 games each hour.
You would earn about 400 additional glory from this.

Ofcourse, you can earn a lot more glory if you’re trying to be super productive. But I’m trying to get to a fair amount of glory that a glory consumable would give you.

Lets say a glory consumable would give you 250 Glory each.
This way you can get rid of your excessive glory boosters in time, but not get the same benefit as those people who actually used them.

To me this seems like the perfect solution.

in PvP

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

This seems like a fair solution to me.

in PvP

Posted by: savov.3712

savov.3712

Really good idea!

250-300 glory per consumable sounds just about right, given that for a hour of a glory boost, you can get 500-600 bonus glory.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

I support! Great idea instead of forcing me to choose between using ~400 hours worth of boosters in an unknown amount of time or to accept that they will be deleted…

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

/signed

I 100% agree. There is no way I can spend 192 glory boosters before they go away and I don’t want to waste them

Please do this!

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Good idea, +1. Lets not waste glory boosters! I have over 200 left still and I can’t use them fast enough!

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in PvP

Posted by: Dosvidaniya.3260

Dosvidaniya.3260

Agreed.

This would also alleviate the need to phase them out. Right now, you get them so quickly that it takes a lot of pvp just to break even. The first hour is paid for by the daily. Five additional hours are paid for by the monthly. (~1.17 hours per day just to break even). If you do tournament matches in that time, you’ll be getting yet another booster every two days or so. That further increases the number of boosters… For tournament players who don’t buy chests with glory, you’d need to play at least 2 hours a day just to stop your booster count from increasing. That’s a silly expectation. Please let us trade them in for glory.

(edited by Dosvidaniya.3260)

in PvP

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

+1 def needs to be done.

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Well, since Anet is removing glory in future updates, I don’t see where getting more glory would be useful for now. I’d rather sell the booster for some silver, since gold will be the universal currency. What about 10s per booster? 25g a stack doesn’t see so unreasonable

in PvP

eekzie.5640

Well, since Anet is removing glory in future updates, I don’t see where getting more glory would be useful for now. I’d rather sell the booster for some silver, since gold will be the universal currency. What about 10s per booster? 25g a stack doesn’t see so unreasonable

I don’t see the correlation between gold and glory boosters.

Also, glory boosters are used to get glory. This is just a suggestion on how to get rid of all the excessive glory boosters people have before they become useless.

in PvP

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

A very nice idea. I have hundreds of boosters because I thought they were useless!

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Fantastsic idea. It may cause a tonne-o-glory to be given away, but there was always a price to pay when you made them one of the few rewards a player got 99% of the time in spvp. If the rewards had been far more varied the 10 million+ glory boosters wouldn’t have become an issue. The only other way this could go is that every player that has 250 of them just loses them and your rewards that were stored are gone,..thanks for playing.

in PvP

Posted by: Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

This is a very good idea actually, I support.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

+1 Good idea. Maybe 500~ glory per ?

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

+1, I like this idea a lot and it sounds fair as well.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in PvP

Posted by: Fello.8673

Fello.8673

Anet needs to turn glory boosters to something more responsible. All those daily chests for pvp included glory boosters. PVE daily chests got something more useful and permanent. I don’t see why PVP players have to be screwed over glory boosters when they ARE retroactively being kittened.

in PvP

Posted by: Biondo.2570

Biondo.2570

+1, it is a good idea.

in PvP

Posted by: WitchKing.5317

WitchKing.5317

I agree, this would be an easy way to help phase out all aspects of glory itself, in this case, boosters. +1

Fanged Wisdom- [BBQ]/[OMFG]
The Corrupt Mesmer Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Questionable.4631

Questionable.4631

I’d much rather see something like this happen than them just turning into a salvage item.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

demmit i wasted 40 glory boosters and realized glory boost buff has a upper limit of 8 hours.

i thought i would get 40 hours of glory boost.

oh nvm i still have 270 glory boosters remaining.

in PvP

eekzie.5640

Thanks for all the great feedback guys, hope it gets seen.

Seems like we’re all in agreement as well to not give an absurd amount of glory, that’s nice to hear as well. Everyone being realistic

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I really like this idea. I get so many of these things that I never get around to using.

in PvP

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

Transmute the glory boosts into glory/ rank consumables… Everyone bunkers them, just make them usefull… And if you are doing this, plz keep my 100+ tiger finishers in mind… they are compleately wothless… i can do nothing with them!

Guess this post was overseen ^^

Glad you bring the same idea up and it finaly gets some attention

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

in PvP

Posted by: Imthespa.7624

Imthespa.7624

+1 Agreed. I don’t feel like I am gonna be able to use all my boosters >.>

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Any news on this? I am not playing much and I got more from rewards than I could ever use. Even if I did my dailies and used the 1 immediately(might now take longer so I can use more than 1 because we have other dailies now which take longer) I still got a lot from chests(probably still getting?) and from monthly I think.

Have more than 1 full stack. More than 250. And always forgot to use them only for 3 matches I play at a day(I usually played only 3 matches for daily because I also play other parts of the game).

Feels like a waste to throw away all those items.

Even 100 glory would be enough(for salvage kits – I still have stuff to salvage and need to buy kits – or let them trade for other stuff as currency at a vendor).

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Fantastic idea +1

in PvP

Posted by: Garb Cost.3718

Garb Cost.3718

+1, nice idea. Seems pretty fair to me.

in PvP

Posted by: feliscatus.1430

feliscatus.1430

Yes please!
15 char

in PvP

Posted by: Sudden.8729

Sudden.8729

I support this idea. Let it be!

Vandallias – Champion Hunter Too Seksi – Guardian
www.twitch.tv/the_chach – Random sPVP/WvW

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.7382

Michael.7382

+1! good idea! 15chaarz

Champion: >| Illusionist | Shadow | Phantom | Legionnaire | Magus | Hunter |<
r[5x] tPvP onlY.
|>>> 2000+ Tournament Matches won, still rising <<<|

in PvP

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

I would be happy with 1 glory booster = 1k glory points

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I think this is a great idea, but please remember that glory boosters are craftable with a consumable token and some mats. So Anet would need to limit the glory to probably only 200 glory per booster to prevent people going crazy making infinite glory loops via chests/salvaging/creating boosters/consuming boosters.

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.7382

Michael.7382

No, just dont allow boosters to be crafted from now, solved.

Champion: >| Illusionist | Shadow | Phantom | Legionnaire | Magus | Hunter |<
r[5x] tPvP onlY.
|>>> 2000+ Tournament Matches won, still rising <<<|

in PvP

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Please, this would be an great thing. They’ll have to remove glory boosters from TP as well, but let’s be honest who the heck buys em anyways.

in PvP

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

Agreed.
/15chars

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Another suggestion: Turn them into gold boost. 50 percent more money(okay it really is silver) while having such a item equipped. But don’t make it possible to get more of these in the future.

Old players will have a bit more way to make money this way.

in PvP

Posted by: Vile.5678

Vile.5678

Another suggestion: Turn them into gold boost. 50 percent more money(okay it really is silver) while having such a item equipped. But don’t make it possible to get more of these in the future.

Yes this is much better imo.

I don’t want more glory as it’s becoming worthless in the future. I need a way to make gold so I can afford stuff. 15-25s a game is nice but it’s certainly not going to allow me to catch up anytime soon to those who play PvE.

Warrior – Whrawl
Thief – Radderic
Mesmer – Smash Kablooey

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Agreed.
/15chars

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

This is probably the best solution/least prone to being exploited.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

What’s that you say? 1000% gold Boosters? Sign me up.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

+1 Great Idea

/15 Charrs

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

What’s that you say? 1000% gold Boosters? Sign me up.

Well, 1000% might cause the PvEers to get upset. Let’s make it…820%.

Seriously though, making it an instant consumable worth any more than 200 glory could have bad consequences. Turn it into whatever bonus % the usual gold buffs are (there are gold buff consumables, right?) and you’re good to go.

in PvP

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

This is a brilliant suggestion. I could see around 400 glory each. I would also like them to do something with the rank finishers while they are at it. I have around 40-100 of Rabbit, Deer, Dolyak, and wolf finishers just rotting in my storage.

in PvP

Posted by: UnrequitedHope.6172

UnrequitedHope.6172

Upvote! Very insightful suggestion by OP. Bump worthy thread.

The amount of time to use up the hundreds of glory boosters would require me to play PvP day in and day out. That’s not even factoring in the rate of which new glory boosters are accumulated. It’s an absurd expectation to put all those glory boosters to use before March 18th. Making glory boosters tradable for glory consumables would be a great compromise.

Web Developer IRL, GW2 guilty pleasure by night

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

I don’t see the correlation between gold and glory boosters.

Also, glory boosters are used to get glory. This is just a suggestion on how to get rid of all the excessive glory boosters people have before they become useless.

His idea makes perfect sense. Glory is a currency that lets you buy things. That is being taken away and replaced by a different currency (gold). The best solution for pvpers would be to change glory boosters to gold boosters, although I don’t see it happening.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

thats way too sensible!
i prefer Anets idea of making people use 200-300 hours worth of boosters within the next 2 weeks.
totally makes sense!

in PvP

Posted by: Soul.5947

Soul.5947

Good ideea and all but i think Anet was hoping to squeeze a few more playing players with those glory boosters. Sadly the fact that they will get deleted isn’t enough to make many people endure the agony of playing spvp in the state it is now just so they can get a few glory points more.

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

Good ideea and all but i think Anet was hoping to squeeze a few more playing players with those glory boosters. Sadly the fact that they will get deleted isn’t enough to make many people endure the agony of playing spvp in the state it is now just so they can get a few glory points more.

But spvp is so fun :/ I seriously dont get why ppl are so mad, a lot of the balance qq is just players not knowing when to dodge.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I like the OP idea. It would be a good solution.

I hope at the same time, they add some new items to the glory vendor. If they are going to allow a cross-over between PvP and PvE skins, let me buy some dragonite.

in PvP

Posted by: Falcon.6521

Falcon.6521

The official answer (only gem store bought Glory boosters get reimbursed) is a complete letdown.

I hope they reconsider and come back to this thread with the Glory consumable idea.

Simple example:

Max match duration (hotjoin): 15 mins
Points per lost match: 125
→ for 1 hour that makes 125*4 = 500 Glory
→ take half that (since no actual gameplay occured) = 250 Glory on consumption of glory booster