Turret Engineers and Unintuitive Gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: Zephyr.6475

Zephyr.6475

So, I am by no means an expert on spvp, but I have been running into a turret engineer build more and more recently that seems to ruin games. As far as I can tell, there is essentially no counter play for this build, and it is exceedingly difficult to 1v1 it on points. The build takes minimal player input, even less than p/d condition thieves, and in my opinion minimal player input is synonymous with less fun. Correct me if I’m wrong, but the only counters to this turret engineer build are massive aoe, such as staff elementalists. Nobody wants to make a build specifically geared towards countering turret engineers, so this hardly ever happens.

More often what I see in matches is that people ignore the point that the engineer has dropped his turrets on and just go somewhere else. I personally haven’t tried turret engineer, but it seems to me that it is a build that takes close to no player input, and largely just afk’s on a point waiting for people to be silly enough to challenge them in their nest of turrets. If this isn’t fun for the engineer, and ruin’s the game for other people, shouldn’t changes be made? Save the Engineers from themselves!

If I’m completely off base with this feel free to let me know, I’m just speaking on what I have seen.

in PvP

Posted by: Peutrifectus.4830

Peutrifectus.4830

There is counter play. You just need to learn it. They have no stability and little condi cleanse. My approach is always to cc them away from the safety of their turrets will pulls and knockbbacks, cripple and imobs them whilst bursting the pants out-of them.

You don’t have to focus the turrets!

It’s a weak build but stupidly easy to pick up

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

When I see an engi on the other team I just assume it’s turret and change from sf to staff ele. In my frustration I decided that the best option was to pve them to death. It works ok.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Posted by: darksoverign.5360

darksoverign.5360

if they have 2 of them then its instant gg…

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

if they have 2 of them then its instant gg…

Once I had a match vs 3 medi guards and 2 turret engis.

It was not fun.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Posted by: Loonita.7421

Loonita.7421

There is no counterplay. People say “oh just range them, or kill the turrets”. Its not that easy. The turrets are tankier than they are and do more damage than most zerker builds. No condi cleanse? Doesnt matter the engi runs celestial and heals for a ton while being tanky as hell. They ar eliterally anti fun builds.

in PvP

Peutrifectus.4830

there IS counter play, you just can’t be bothered to learn it or are too unwilling to give up set damage rotations that dont work on them? about right? thought so.

@darksoverign… played a game with 3 engis’ last night, 2 of were turreteers…. won.
Played against a team with 4 mesmers too… that was wierd. It didn’t work out for them ;P

in PvP

Posted by: Fistandanthilus.6824

Fistandanthilus.6824

There is counter play and easy. Problem is medium/low average skilled players don’t know it or if they know there is always any member of the team who does not know it.

Counter play is simple: Leave turret engineer alone with his turrets on his node and proceed to +1 the other enemy members in the other nodes. (this considering your team plays a balanced composition). If enemy turret engineer moves node, your team rotates accordingly.

If!! and only if, it happens that enemy team has 2 turret engineers or more, or you are forced to fight the turret engineer on his node, never do it alone, do it with minimum 2 high burst mobile classes (thief / mesmer / guardian) and assign one of those burst classes to delete the Rocket turret as fast as possible and then proceed to burst the engineer.

Just as anecdote: The other day 3 friends and me were trolling around in Unranked playing 4 d/p thieves not using Team Speak, and in one match we saw 5 engineers on the enemy team, of course we all rerolled to other classes (warrior, engineer, ele, guardian). Those 5 engineers happened to be 5 turret engineers. Strategy was easy: leave one of them on his node and destroy the other 4 in the other 2 nodes taking rocket turrets out first. We won 500-2xx on forest of nifhel, and they hated us a lot XD

Turret engineer is a weak build, very weak if the other team is intelligent enough. The problem is that mostly in SoloQ there is always one or two players who are not intelligent enough.

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

So, I am by no means an expert on spvp, but I have been running into a turret engineer build more and more recently that seems to ruin games. As far as I can tell, there is essentially no counter play for this build

I stopped reading at this point.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: TurreT EngineeR.8106

TurreT EngineeR.8106

If you have a problem with me please feel free to message me instead of making a post on forum. Thanks.

in PvP

Posted by: Fistandanthilus.6824

Fistandanthilus.6824

If you have a problem with me please feel free to message me instead of making a post on forum. Thanks.

Troll spotted, pls don’t feed him!! leave him on his cave.

in PvP

Peutrifectus.4830

Hmm, what’s your proffession and build?

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

If it gets nerfed it would be for the casuals but that’s their favorite audience anyway that’s why they treat us a ignorant babies.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

So, I am by no means an expert on spvp, but I have been running into a turret engineer build more and more recently that seems to ruin games. As far as I can tell, there is essentially no counter play for this build

I stopped reading at this point.

Funny enough, so did I. But the suggestions on this thread for countering turrets are spot on.