Two thieves at once = death.

in PvP

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Especially if all they do is focus you and daze/immobilize/blind you non-stop so you either can’t do anything or anything you can do is irrelevant. As a Warrior with 3,467 armor, and roughly 20,000 HP, I still die in like 2-3 seconds, while I can neither fight nor flee. What’s even the point of trying to build defensively if it’s irrelevant?

Things like this are why I play PvP only for the reward tracks, and nothing else. This mode would’ve been all but dead by now without them.

(edited by Nilkemia.8507)

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Well that’s your mistake here. Make a zerk warrior and just press Berserk Stance into Rampage when the thieves attack

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

use double endure pain?

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Nilkemia.8507

Well that’s your mistake here. Make a zerk warrior and just press Berserk Stance into Rampage when the thieves attack

Because that will somehow stop the absurd amount of damage they’ll do. And even if that would work, they’ll just stealth spam and run off like the cowards they are, until Rampage/Berserker Stance are done.

use double endure pain?

…Same answer applies here, assuming you’re serious.

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

two of anything more than likely would have killed you anyways so i dont see the point.

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

And they interrupt your transformation….

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Two of most things will kill you, though I guess thieves are worse than some other classes as most classes / builds will not be able to disengage from them, but heh that is what happens when you make a game where it is skilless faceroll to focus a target down because support is limited when you have no healers and there is no DR or immunity on CC. (especially focusing certain classes)

in PvP

Posted by: Phent.9350

Phent.9350

You die against 2vs1 and think that is unfair? lol, day after day QQ post are more and more absurd Oo

[None] mesmer/ele/engi/thief/necro

in PvP

Nilkemia.8507

You die against 2vs1 and think that is unfair? lol, day after day QQ post are more and more absurd Oo

This is regarding two thieves. Against two of anything else, be they different proffesions or the same, you can at least fight back or try to disengage if they’re too much. Against two thieves, you can do neither, especially if they get the drop on you first.

in PvP

Posted by: Reinn.7436

Reinn.7436

This is regarding two thieves. Against two of anything else, be they different proffesions or the same, you can at least fight back or try to disengage if they’re too much. Against two thieves, you can do neither, especially if they get the drop on you first.

Thieves specialize in chasing targets and 1v1 duels. Why on earth are you going to engage two of those who forte 1v1 when you are alone? This qq is much more of a stupidity and l2p issue than a legit problem.

So what do you want anet to do with Thieves, nerf them?

“Even thieves have principles to follow.”

-Chinese Proverb.

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Thieves damage now is 100% replaced by old style conditions. As a corollary, two thieves damage will not stack with each other in anyway.

in PvP

Reinn.7436

“hey anet please nerf Thief because I died when I was alone versus two Thieves. No it’s not that I am a scrub, really.”

-Chinese Proverb.

in PvP

Nilkemia.8507

Thieves specialize in chasing targets and 1v1 duels. Why on earth are you going to engage two of those who forte 1v1 when you are alone? This qq is much more of a stupidity and l2p issue than a legit problem.

Should I also point out that I actively tried to avoid them and they hunted me down anyways? They even waited outside the spawn at one point so I couldn’t avoid them. Thanks for your pointless assumptions with no advice at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

Like people have said, 2 of any class v 1 of another is deadly. I can sympathize with how frustrating it can sometimes be, trying to deal with Thieves, but Guild Wars 2 is very much a numbers game. If 2 Thieves are going around together taking on 1 target, then that means the rest of their team will be out numbered somewhere else.

Granted they have very good mobility, but your team will have a good chance to overwhlem their other team members, given it could be a 4v3, assuming your team isn’t scattered all over the place.

There’s also the case that Thieves can be taken down really quickly, if they get in the middle of a team fight. Use this to your advantage and try not to run off alone, where the Thieves will pick you off. That is their job after all. Adapt and change your strategy, depending on the team match ups.

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Should I also point out that I actively tried to avoid them and they hunted me down anyways? They even waited outside the spawn at one point so I couldn’t avoid them. Thanks for your pointless assumptions with no advice at all.

You had two thieves spawn camping you?! Please tell the rest of the team took advantage and you won.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

I’m not a thief and neither I’m interested in their fate still….I wonder what you were doing alone vs 2 thieves, I believe the following factor apply to your case:

1) Your map awareness is bad
2) Your judgement is equally as bad
3) Your team was just as bad, nobody tried to help you

With 2 thieves in the enemy team, you must forget your rambo roaming antics as thieves have the mobility to quickly change a 1vs1 into a 1vs2 and that’s what they must do

in PvP

Phent.9350

You realize that thieves that can burst that quick die from 2-3 hits, rampage and auto on point and thieves have to flee(or die instantly). 2 thieves in enemy team is bonus for your group, you may go downed several times but all in all it is handicap.

in PvP

Posted by: LunacyPolish.4602

LunacyPolish.4602

I have learned this is just oneof those situations where you grin and bear it because you rotated incorrectly.

On the engineer you can somewhat deal with it. Usually you see them stealth on approach so you know it’s coming. I usually pop my Toolbelt stealth when that happens so they can’t just 2 2 2 me to death right away. Drop some bombs or ft4 on the point, drop any elixir so you are buffed for it when they pop out.

Once they make their play supply crate the point, and just dodge and cleave up and pressure the area. I’m not sure what the warrior equivalent to all this might be but the point is while 2 thrives will generally wipe the floor with me it’s not like they aren’t both half to to thirds dead by the time it’s over with the shouting.

But sometimes I am lucky and can get one of them downed. If that happens I can stomp him and then there’s a chance, but usually I am so drained of resources at that point the remaining thief can just kill me.

in PvP

Phent.9350

2 thieves at far=lost mid(if we compare teams with same skill lvl). That usualy ends with poor rotation and losing a mach. Two thieves team is not viable, they can burst you quick but they lack aoe, utility and support skills. PvP is conquest and you fight on point where is a lot aoe spam. Thief is excelent roamer but more than one is useless

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

two of any class will kill you unless they are awful players. double endure pain will buy you time, but double zerk is not something you will live through.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

If you see two thieves just prepare:

1, bring AoE/cleave weapon for shadow refuge!
2, do not run full offensive build, change your amulette!
3, bring at least two stun breaks
4, bring vigor/energy sigil
5, bring invulnerability/fear/block/etc…

(if you take survivability at least a tiny bit seriously you should have two out of five any way)

This still won’t grant that you stay alive forever against the two of them but give you a fair chance to down one or you last long enough till the help arrives. In the case you got no help but last for like 20 seconds this means your team has the advantage of 4v3 on other points.

Remember:

1, shadow refuge: Aim every AoE there
2, count to two then DODGE
3, if you are stunned with venom break the stun immediately than DODGE
4, blind-chill-cripple around you if you can
5, keep strafing/running in circles
6, do not try to flee against two thieves! One can stay to cap the another going to chase you down. Keep the point contested as long as you can!
7, win the match 500-100

#I no words have"

in PvP

Reinn.7436

Based on how you open your thread without any relative constructive questions on how you deal with thieves and how you respond to the following ppl who attempted to help you out in this thread, it is obvious that I can’t take you seriously at all.

Check out how you started off with ahh thieves are this and that much better if the game is without them qq. Lol

Ask your mates to camp other points if you’re outnumbered.
Thieves that are running zerk builds are nerfed, survivability was nerfed to the ground prior to June patch.

If you still have a problem with that then seriously l2p, scrub.

-Chinese Proverb.

(edited by Reinn.7436)

in PvP

Nilkemia.8507

Based on how you open your thread without any relative constructive questions on how you deal with thieves and how you respond to the following ppl who attempted to help you out in this thread, it is obvious that I can’t take you seriously at all.

Then why are you even replying?

If you still have a problem with that then seriously l2p, scrub.

“l2p, scrub”. You have any idea how toxic that makes you look? Things like that only make my thoughts on PvP even worse. Only good for the reward tracks…

in PvP

Reinn.7436

“l2p, scrub”. You have any idea how toxic that makes you look? Things like that only make my thoughts on PvP even worse. Only good for the reward tracks…

Do you have any idea how toxic you complain against thieves? Then go play sPvP for reward tracks no one is stopping you.

Srsly, You want to complain against the thief class? Go to the thief subforum and post there so the thieves themselves will help you with your concern, rather than posting here and crying like a baby quaggan. Lol

-Chinese Proverb.

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Time your whirlwind attack so that u can get em to roughly 50% before u die

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

Two thieves at once = almost a guaranteed loss in conquest matches

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Phent.9350

Two thieves at once = almost a guaranteed loss in conquest matches

^this(ofc witch anet matchmaking it isn’t so obvious)

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

I bet you would die instantly vs 2 Shatter Mesmers too.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: pretty fiendish.5421

pretty fiendish.5421

You had two thieves spawn camping you?! Please tell the rest of the team took advantage and you won.

Got to agree here. The best defense is telling the rest of your team in team chat to take advantage of the fact that two thieves are hanging near your spawn and not being useful to their team.

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

When I get trolled and chased all over map by two players I go ‘Haha we are winning 4vs3 haha’.

Though most of the times when that happens my team is pretty crappy and are doing the same thing while enemy team has all points. meh… Just my luck. Two thiefs are not fun but I have seen worse combo and that is one mesmer and one Thief doing great teamwork. Thief stealth them both and as the thief initiate the attack the mesmer finnish it and then the thief stealths and you are dead. The only thing you will se is clones and phantasms flying around. When I am attacked by thiefs only I atleast get the chance to react most of the time.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in PvP

Posted by: atreyu.9624

atreyu.9624

I bet you would die instantly vs 2 Shatter Mesmers too.

Absolutely wrong!

Just one is needed.

little big wizard – Eu

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

Guess which team won in this recent match

Attachments:

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Reinn.7436

3 ele? Holy kitten

-Chinese Proverb.

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

ummm..

Two fresh air burst ele’s will kill you instantly, you can see them coming.
Two medi guardians will quickness burst you, you will see them coming
Two rangers can burst you down from range, you may see them coming
Two burst engi’s can CC you to death while burst you down, you wont be able to fight back
Two lich forms with destroy you, If you dont see that your blind

The point is.
Two of any class WILL kill you, if they coordinate a spike.
Two of any coordinated player will kill you.

If you run with no defense and no awareness, then sorry, you set yourself up to fail vs two of ANY glasscannon class.

I don’t see why you are complaining about fighting a 2 v 1 and dying, next time bring a friend. I hear MM necro tanks are in this season. :I

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

3 ele? Holy kitten

obviously the team with the mesmer won

/s

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

As in 2 thieves = death of a teams chances to win

Yes thats true….otherwise rampage the point while your team easily wins mid

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

3 ele? Holy kitten

obviously the team with the mesmer won

/s

He got it!

I’ve been quite vocal about the disadvantages of having 2 thieves in a team. But mesmers are so good they could make up for it. I guess it also helped that one of our thieves understood map rotations. Most commit what the OP complained about.

Attachments:

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

As others have said, 2 thieves might instant kill you, but having 2 thieves on a team is pretty much asking for a loss. At the same time, 2 bad thief players would probably be one of the easiest 1vs2s.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

2 of anything vs 1 is a death….. unless those 2 are extremely bad and you are better than them (i won a fight as thief vs 2 medi guards pre patch, still can’t believe it myself….O_O)

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.9517

Michael.9517

op is troll. sigh.

in PvP

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

press rampage and win

in PvP

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

Especially if all they do is focus you and daze/immobilize/blind you non-stop so you either can’t do anything or anything you can do is irrelevant. As a Warrior with 3,467 armor, and roughly 20,000 HP, I still die in like 2-3 seconds, while I can neither fight nor flee. What’s even the point of trying to build defensively if it’s irrelevant?

Things like this are why I play PvP only for the reward tracks, and nothing else. This mode would’ve been all but dead by now without them.

You already said it: what is the point? What’s even the point of trying to build defensively? This is why i play pvp in other game that is challenging, fun and reward skill-play, hard-work and hard-effort.

My suggestion to you:

" Never waste your time on things that does not value your time "
" Never waste your time on things that does not value your effort and hard work "

That is all.

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in PvP

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

If a 2v1 happen and the 2 don’t suck, you die. That’s it. There is nothing to complain about.

Avoid 2v1s. /thread

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I thought this thread was going to be about if you have 2 thieves on your team, you’re guaranteed to lose. That’s been my experience 90% of the time this has happened.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

Posted by: Koen Lenders.5971

Koen Lenders.5971

No kitten, sherlock.
You dense son of a kitten.

If you have trouble playing against thieves just watch some thief gameplay or play as a thief a couple of times to learn their skills. You can anticipate them much easier then.

But still, this irrelevant post and the absolute ignorance the OP brought to the table are just staggering.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

You’ve got 2x Endure Pain, more than enough time for you to get support…

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

lol this post is so pathetic i just can’t stop laughing xD
omg i just got ganked by to thieves and i wasn’t smart enough to hit endure pain and/or berserkers stance,
let me guess, next move will be, two mesmers are too strong, they shattered me in 2-3 seconds
3 rangers just killed me, way too op
omg man, l2p xD

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

Win: 2 thieves how know to rotate points (+1 and backcap), and 3 cele/bunker

Lose: Anything else

^ My experience

in PvP

Posted by: jgak.3056

jgak.3056

The fact that you’re running that amount of armor and health basically says: “I’m a scrub”.

in PvP

Posted by: Nix.3152

Nix.3152

if you have 2 thieves on you, you should die. it would be stupid if you can tank 2 high burst rogue type classes

“You need actively react to the passives” (GW2 PvP 2013)