UGO NA - AT player incident Stance.

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

Lmfao. What exactly do you think is wrong with my integrity? I think I’ve been incredibly consistent in not putting up with this kitten since the launch of the game, including kicking my own teammates from my weekly tournaments in the past for playing with ineligible players on alts.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Lmfao. What exactly do you think is wrong with my integrity? I think I’ve been incredibly consistent in not putting up with this kitten since the launch of the game, including kicking my own teammates from my weekly tournaments in the past for playing with ineligible players on alts.

And now we know for sure where the inside argument to ban the abjured came from.

Can’t beat em ban em eh Olrun?

As an Admin you needed to take a stance of neutrality and that’s why your integrity is in question.

Jebro Ban Jeffies & Olrun’s team as well it’s the right thing to do, and will save UGO’s integrity to the game.

Thanks

p.s. There’s still be zero defining proof posted anywhere on the web. We’ve seen a video of a inferior team lose the finals and someone asking for a VPN. Zero REAL proof. Besides no one cheated in the grand scheme of things.

in PvP

Posted by: Keyba.9570

Keyba.9570

Account sharing broke terms of service.
Jebro’s decision as well as community decision.
Make your own tournament if you are unsatisfied with this one.

Revenant is life

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

No proof.

Yet to see proof posted.

So as it looks now the only thing we are seeing is a buncha upset kids about not getting the crown.

Also TOS has zero to do with UGO. They quite frankly broke no UGO rules.

Yes you are correct in one thing though. It is UGO’s tournament and they can do w/e they want, but I’m also a viewer/supporter/donator. Do you think i’m going to follow a league where they ban players on suspicion and zero defining evidence? Do you think I’ll donate money to a cause where a few ppl can ban the actual good players so they can win? And most importantly I don’t want to see sub par matches where we got teams who can’t win a single game in the old NA ESL league actually be relevant b/c all the competition was banned.

So who’s right in the end?

Thanks

in PvP

Posted by: Keyba.9570

Keyba.9570

This isn’t about being right or wrong.
Can’t make everyone happy
With this initiative they gained a new viewer/supporter/donator so you won’t be missed that much.
That said, this is a community decision where majority of his board voted for it. This isn’t a revival of e-sports. This is a tournament he created so we could have other things to do rather than consistently wait for season.

Revenant is life

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I don’t agree. You are enacting punishment on behalf of Anet. Let them fail on their own.

Also what happened did not happen during your tournament and you have no business punishing ppl.

They have all the business in the world upholding integrity in a tournament who willingly donates money to players (funded by a community).

If you are a prominent, visible part of a community and you take the time to cheat and screw said community with petty actions, why would they keep you around? What example does that set and what does it say about the already struggling competitive scene?

No one cheated who played in the tournament. The integrity of the game was NEVER compromised. The only thing done wrong was some idiots put a price tag on an achievement title. Thats it.

The integrity of UGO is in jeopardy not from the alleged players who took the money, but the people who kittened and moaned to Jebro to d/q ppl so they could win money. See these players aren’t good enough to win it on their own, and have resorted to getting ppl to be d/q’d. Personally they are lower than the alleged team who paid ppl to win the AT.

You know why? Because they were man enough to admit they can’t do, and forked over cash. They didn’t report ppl to anet repeatedly to have them banned so they could win.

Thank you

Removed from the topic itself (I have no comment), this comment is five levels of horseshit and confirmation bias. You can’t just say ‘oh no these people only want them removed because they can’t win’ like you know exactly what they think about. It’s the hardest level of armchair psychology I’ve ever seen.

Please remove your forum signature, you are actually the person here that makes the least sense.

Actually I make the most sense considering that even "not"helseth agrees as well as many others who actually are having logical thoughts about this.

No one would have made a fuss about it unless the team that lost in the finals didn’t post name & shame threads on this forum kittening up a storm b/c they felt their golden cookie was stolen from them. They got beat in the finals and threw temper tantrums.

Fact of the matter is they aren’t good enough to be talking. If they were they would have won the match and this wouldn’t be an issue, but they lost.

Also go through the UGO rules and tell me where this alleged violation breaks any rules of UGO. Please I’m waiting for someone to post it.

Now if this were to happen in an UGO sponsored tournament then YES reprecussions are needed, BUT you can’t hold ppl responsible due to Anet’s lack of ability to patrol their own game.

Besides no cheating was done. The abjured players were going to win no matter what…..they just decided that $400 > in game rewards. Can’t fault ppl for that cause every single one of us would have done the same thing.

Thanks

Dont you understand that what you think doesnt matter? Jebros tournament means him and his staff can do what they want. If people are lame they can ban them as its their tournament. It has zero to do with you and if you dont like it then nobody cares because it is nothing to do with you at all.

If you are so brilliant why dont you make your own tournament and see if people trust you to handle prize payments.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Thunderbird.4298

Thunderbird.4298

No proof.

Yet to see proof posted.

So as it looks now the only thing we are seeing is a buncha upset kids about not getting the crown.

Also TOS has zero to do with UGO. They quite frankly broke no UGO rules.

Yes you are correct in one thing though. It is UGO’s tournament and they can do w/e they want, but I’m also a viewer/supporter/donator. Do you think i’m going to follow a league where they ban players on suspicion and zero defining evidence? Do you think I’ll donate money to a cause where a few ppl can ban the actual good players so they can win? And most importantly I don’t want to see sub par matches where we got teams who can’t win a single game in the old NA ESL league actually be relevant b/c all the competition was banned.

So who’s right in the end?

Thanks

Who cares if YOU havn’t seen the proof. The proof has already been sent to Arena Net. On top of what Arena Net can find out about the account sharing. What you forget is that Guild Wars 2 is INSTALLED on your computer, with INTERNET CONNECTION to THEIR servers.. They know exactly who did this.. waiting for the decision. Keep saying there is no proof tho, you just sound like an alt-account yourself trying to deny what happened.

Edit: They can view information about the computer, which makes the use of a VPN irrelevant.

(edited by Thunderbird.4298)

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Banning the only halfway decent players because you get bullied into doing it by opportunistic people faking outrage in order to further kill off their scene because all they care about is their own ego.

What are you basing these bans on? TOS being broken? In that case I advice you ban half of NA, including the people that probably endlessly whined to you about doing this.

IMO it’s none of anyones business other than anet of what people does w their ingame tourn winnings. The only way I could find a ban justified from your end is if someone actually changed the outcome of a match by cheating. Nothing like that happened.

But yeah, I’m sure jeff convincing you of banning the team that always beats him is all done in the ‘’fairness of competition’’ and not you getting bullied by whispers and not having the nuts to take a stance.

Too bad you can only +1 this.

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

I don’t really feel strongly one way or the other, I just want to see good games.

While it’s fairly apparent Jeff’s opponents are not their usual selves, it isn’t much more than opinion before we have solid proof. I don’t think Jebro’s UGO team’s ad hominem/appeal to character stance is directly a logical choice, but we humans aren’t run entirely on logic. And as you can see, people’s opinions are split.

Not big on morality. People can do what they want. I’m not triggered by this happening, life is about getting away with things you want while skirting the law/rules. Yes from stuff in the past we know the alleged players are not very likable. Yes there are social consequences but to the “perpetrators” it doesn’t outweigh the benefits, it’s their decision.

Let ANet use their TOS for behaviour control as they see fit; if they fail to do so we shouldn’t take matters into our own hands like vigilantes, but be disappointed in the system not taking action.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Banning the only halfway decent players because you get bullied into doing it by opportunistic people faking outrage in order to further kill off their scene because all they care about is their own ego.

What are you basing these bans on? TOS being broken? In that case I advice you ban half of NA, including the people that probably endlessly whined to you about doing this.

IMO it’s none of anyones business other than anet of what people does w their ingame tourn winnings. The only way I could find a ban justified from your end is if someone actually changed the outcome of a match by cheating. Nothing like that happened.

But yeah, I’m sure jeff convincing you of banning the team that always beats him is all done in the ‘’fairness of competition’’ and not you getting bullied by whispers and not having the nuts to take a stance.

How do we know this isn’t Lora posting from your account

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Good day,

I apologise if you have been misinformed about the current situation. I have spoken to a majority of players, community members and viewers about this occurrence.

If you believe that one person is able to convince an entire organisation which is run democratically to ban others I am afraid that you are sadly mistaken.

If we see cheating in the game mode which is the feature of our tournament, we will act. To run an organisation you must have rules. This enables a safe and structured environment to foster a positive gameplay experience and environment. If we feel this is in breach of our ethics we will act.

Please refer to the start of the thread mentioning temporary ban. If things change, we will change our stance.

Thanks.

Jebro

quoting for emphasis.

I’ve still failed to see how this decision was controversial in the least bit. It seems like the people opposing UGO’s decision are basing their criticism on a lot of personal mess that has nothing to do with the facts of the situation. idk Jeff from Josh, and I don’t think he’s that important in the grand scheme of things. What I do know is that UGO’s stance against unethical behavior is something that has bolstered my confidence in the pvp community.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

Posted by: jebro.6370

jebro.6370

Glad to see Jeb at least have a spine and actually act and not just “We’ll look into it^tm”

Out of curiosity, how will you make sure they filthy cheaters human waste don’t use alts and sign up? What if they use VPN and use voice changer/friends/relative to get past the Voice check in discord? Just wondering. Props for actually taking action though

All teams must use our comms for tournaments. You ask a very valid question. In all honesty there is no 100% fool proof way we can guard against this, but we do have some methods to reduce this issue.

in PvP

jebro.6370

Ive always wanted to join one of these community driven tourneys, but never found a good team to join.

Hey there,

Feel free to join our discord community and try our lfg chat to find a team possibly:
https://discord.gg/yxUgDVW

Hope that helps some what!

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I don’t agree. You are enacting punishment on behalf of Anet. Let them fail on their own.

Also what happened did not happen during your tournament and you have no business punishing ppl.

They have all the business in the world upholding integrity in a tournament who willingly donates money to players (funded by a community).

If you are a prominent, visible part of a community and you take the time to cheat and screw said community with petty actions, why would they keep you around? What example does that set and what does it say about the already struggling competitive scene?

No one cheated who played in the tournament. The integrity of the game was NEVER compromised. The only thing done wrong was some idiots put a price tag on an achievement title. Thats it.

Completely disagree… your definition of integrity is very different from mine

Players are paying others to win trophies, making rewards bought instead of earned. This is the definition of mockery; ruining the integrity of what these Tournaments stand for.

Why the heck should we have some John Doe from “random guild” etched in stone, staying he’s the winner of X amount of tournaments? The competitive scene in this game is losing its integrity and these would-be ESL players know that. It’s why they’re straight up mocking these monthly tournaments and they will continue to do so.

Anet needs to conclude their due diligence and ban these players for at least a month…though some feel it should be longer.

Some people who donated may want their money refunded.

No prob. Jebro, i’ll cover the difference.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Bopha Debs.3290

Bopha Debs.3290

Can we all just take a moment to remember that this is a video game.

in PvP

Posted by: Pvt Frosty.6973

Pvt Frosty.6973

Guys please relax and understand Jebros position here. Either decision (letting them play or not) will have caused an outrage with some people.

Understand tho that this is temporary, “until all accusations have been cleared”, which to me is very reasonable.

Just Filthy Kasuals – Bowscoooped!
YouTube / Twitch

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

wow… NA get your crap together, srsly

good move jeb!! i’ll donate another 10€ for the EU tourney.

to me it gets already questionable if there is the slightest in strange behaviour and if you declare yourself as a pro than why do such sings?
and again there comes this taste of people wanting to exploit everything possible, this issue in attitude fits mostly for NA. sad.

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: Frozen.1347

Frozen.1347

No proof.

Yet to see proof posted.

There is no reason to defend dishonest behaviour if said behaviour has never taken place, right?

[…]
Besides no cheating was done. The abjured players were going to win no matter what…..they just decided that $400 > in game rewards. Can’t fault ppl for that cause every single one of us would have done the same thing.

Well, thanks for the proof then i guess …

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

It’s worth noting that any screenshots or proof posted on the forums would be infracted and removed.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Ive always wanted to join one of these community driven tourneys, but never found a good team to join.

Hey there,

Feel free to join our discord community and try our lfg chat to find a team possibly:
https://discord.gg/yxUgDVW

Hope that helps some what!

Looks like another reason to download discord,lol. Thanks for the info.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

Looks like another reason to download discord,lol. Thanks for the info.

i thought about the same, then i realised i dont even need to download anything for discord,lol.
it just works in a browser! now how’s that?

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: aerodynamique.5267

aerodynamique.5267

The integrity of UGO is in jeopardy not from the alleged players who took the money, but the people who kittened and moaned to Jebro to d/q ppl so they could win money. See these players aren’t good enough to win it on their own, and have resorted to getting ppl to be d/q’d. Personally they are lower than the alleged team who paid ppl to win the AT.

You know why? Because they were man enough to admit they can’t do, and forked over cash. They didn’t report ppl to anet repeatedly to have them banned so they could win.

Thank you

Removed from the topic itself (I have no comment), this comment is five levels of horseshit and confirmation bias. You can’t just say ‘oh no these people only want them removed because they can’t win’ like you know exactly what they think about. It’s the hardest level of armchair psychology I’ve ever seen.

Please remove your forum signature, you are actually the person here that makes the least sense.

Actually I make the most sense considering that even "not"helseth agrees as well as many others who actually are having logical thoughts about this.

No one would have made a fuss about it unless the team that lost in the finals didn’t post name & shame threads on this forum kittening up a storm b/c they felt their golden cookie was stolen from them. They got beat in the finals and threw temper tantrums.

Fact of the matter is they aren’t good enough to be talking. If they were they would have won the match and this wouldn’t be an issue, but they lost.

Also go through the UGO rules and tell me where this alleged violation breaks any rules of UGO. Please I’m waiting for someone to post it.

Now if this were to happen in an UGO sponsored tournament then YES reprecussions are needed, BUT you can’t hold ppl responsible due to Anet’s lack of ability to patrol their own game.

Thanks

I’m not condoning or attacking UGO’s actions. I’m condoning the fact that suddenly, everyone is throwing their personal psychological analysis and opinions into the mix. Just because someone else agrees with your armchair psychology doesn’t mean that it’s correct, at all. Helseth’s argument, and the argument of the people against this ban, essentially come down to 1. ‘haha look at jebro he such a baby’ 2. ’it’s anet’s fault!! let anet punish them’ 3. ‘BUT THEY DIDN’T CHEAT’

The first one is 100% ad-hominem and for children, the second is lunacy that doesn’t understand that someone that owns a tournament can do whatever they want with it, and the third is nonsensical. You’re right. They didn’t cheat. That’s not what it’s about, though. You’re making a strawman argument.

The argument is more about integrity of the players and of the event. Do I think I would give up $400? Yes. Yes, I would. Maybe I’m speaking of a place from financial entitlement, but lying to my friends and to a community at large and sacrificing my integrity for what I could get just by, you know, doing honest work, isn’t worth it to me.

competitive ele guyyyy

in PvP

Posted by: aerodynamique.5267

aerodynamique.5267

Thank you

Thanks

I’m not condoning or attacking UGO’s actions. I’m condoning the fact that suddenly, everyone is throwing their personal psychological analysis and opinions into the mix, of both Jebro, his staff, and the accused party. Just because someone else agrees with your armchair psychology doesn’t mean that it’s correct, at all. Helseth’s argument, and the argument of the people against this ban, essentially come down to 1. ‘haha look at jebro he such a baby’ 2. ’it’s anet’s fault!! let anet punish them’ 3. ‘BUT THEY DIDN’T CHEAT’

The first one is 100% ad-hominem, the second is lunacy that doesn’t understand that someone that owns a tournament can do whatever they want with it, and the third is nonsensical. You’re right. They didn’t cheat. That’s not what it’s about, though. You’re making a strawman argument.

The argument is more about integrity of the players and of the event. Do I think I would give up $400? Yes. Yes, I would. Maybe I’m speaking of a place from financial entitlement, but lying and giving up a bit of my integrity is not worth the cost, especially since I know the people I’d be lying to personally.

Now, do I blame them for taking it? Of course not. $400 is $400. It’s up to you to decide what that’s worth to yourself. If I go ‘oh no you just shouldn’t have done that at all’ then I’d be undermining other people’s personalities and views. Do I think they’re scumbags? Of course not. But I, personally, would not do it.

Now, going on to the ‘armchair psychology’ thing, people are all like ‘ohh people are only mad because they posted about it’ or saying that Jeff is secretly a master mind manipulator that’s just in it because he wants the prize $$$. This is inherently impossible to prove. Maybe he does, maybe he does not, and, even if he does, how does it matter? Don’t talk about what someone’s actions are based off of, talk about what they’ll actually achieve. The only thing you do by saying ‘oh he’s trying to fool you’ is to appeal to people’s emotion instead of thinking it through like an actual human being.

That’s just my 2 cents though.

competitive ele guyyyy

(edited by aerodynamique.5267)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Helseth defending cheaters and exploiters…. Noice!

As for topic, it is Jebro’s tourney. He can do whatever he wants with it.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

@ keyba.9570

Your talking semantics here, like im pretty sure no one would be upset had the Abjured came into the AT won it with there own accounts.

Heres my issue with that, Anet has done nothing with S5- S6 -S7 to deal with alt accounts issues. We have players in this thread who have said that they only duo que, that they have dodged que, ( certain players, it doesnt matter) and have had many players come into the same coms for ranked que. For instance you have a duo que playing and they get another person or duo que who they know and all jump into discord together. Yet team B has a lesser Duo que team and no one really knows each other.

Anet has been handing out titles to these people, if we are gonna talk integrity of the game, how does some one with 40 games 50 games or 60 games walk away with a top 150 title from a PvP season?

We are 3 seasons just about done with and Anet has not dealt with any issues that give certain players HUGE ADVANTAGES yet we are crying because some PvE players paid some Pro players to sub in for them? With all that has happened in the past 2-3 years in PvP, this is getting peoples goat?

@ Apharma.3741

You are playing it right down the middle, not fair this is the internet pick a side and jump on it.

It is Jebros tournament so of course he can do what he wants but for me its a bit silly. Many of the PvP players coming in who watch will have watched the Abjured players. They are the team of NA.

So this just becomes a issue of quality, if Jebro wants to do it hey go ahead. Then jebro says hey Gold players and below you cant be in my tournament, your not good enough. Then Jebro says Anet meta sucks well guess what no one cane play ele at my tournament.

Seriously what did the 5 players do wrong? They entered a tournament, lets just say as charity work for the community. They brought excitement to PvP by playing with 5 PvE players accounts to bring the hype. The won the tournament fair and square, seriously S1- S4 gave out Legendary titles to many players who play ion Silver league.

Yes its Jebros tournament but the short man syndrome is getting really bad.

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Seriously what did the 5 players do wrong? They entered a tournament, lets just say as charity work for the community. They brought excitement to PvP by playing with 5 PvE players accounts to bring the hype. The won the tournament fair and square, seriously S1- S4 gave out Legendary titles to many players who play ion Silver league.

You can’t understand what the players for Abj did “wrong” by taking money and playing other peoples accounts that goes against GW2s TOS?

Just because ANet is lax about the integrity of PvP doesn’t mean other tournaments need to follow suit.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

@ keyba.9570

Your talking semantics here, like im pretty sure no one would be upset had the Abjured came into the AT won it with there own accounts.

Heres my issue with that, Anet has done nothing with S5- S6 -S7 to deal with alt accounts issues. We have players in this thread who have said that they only duo que, that they have dodged que, ( certain players, it doesnt matter) and have had many players come into the same coms for ranked que. For instance you have a duo que playing and they get another person or duo que who they know and all jump into discord together. Yet team B has a lesser Duo que team and no one really knows each other.

Anet has been handing out titles to these people, if we are gonna talk integrity of the game, how does some one with 40 games 50 games or 60 games walk away with a top 150 title from a PvP season?

We are 3 seasons just about done with and Anet has not dealt with any issues that give certain players HUGE ADVANTAGES yet we are crying because some PvE players paid some Pro players to sub in for them? With all that has happened in the past 2-3 years in PvP, this is getting peoples goat?

@ Apharma.3741

You are playing it right down the middle, not fair this is the internet pick a side and jump on it.

It is Jebros tournament so of course he can do what he wants but for me its a bit silly. Many of the PvP players coming in who watch will have watched the Abjured players. They are the team of NA.

So this just becomes a issue of quality, if Jebro wants to do it hey go ahead. Then jebro says hey Gold players and below you cant be in my tournament, your not good enough. Then Jebro says Anet meta sucks well guess what no one cane play ele at my tournament.

If no one would be upset about them winning, why didn’t they play with their own account then ? You bring don’t hype and enjoyment about the game with fake competitiveness. Just like in any sport that provides competitiveness, you don’t allow fake competitor who has been proven of cheating (google Lance Armstrong for example) to take part in any new competitive event.

You logic doesn’t make any sense. Winning 400 dollars with account sharing has nothing to do with charity. And it is an offense to the prizes offered by the monthlies because players are not supposed to gain real money with these monthlies.

We are no longer in the world tournaments era when they won real money by playing the game. If they care the about the game, its competitiveness and its success don’t you think it would be better to split the team as for now just so that they can’t just faceroll any other team ?

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

The so called top pros of N American pvp have always been some of the worst human beings around. They basically killed GW2 pvp in N/A but you have some Eurotrash and there N/A synchophands still riding there balls and defending. We all know they are great players so why do they have to engage in all the shennanigans they have. Why? Because they are immature little kids with no morals. The only people that matter are themselves 100% of the time. Hopefully they will grow out of that mind set eventually its not like they are axe murderers just self absorbed little kids with an outsized sense of importance based on success at a video game.

(edited by steelheart.7386)

in PvP

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

And now we know for sure where the inside argument to ban the abjured came from.

Can’t beat em ban em eh Olrun?

As an Admin you needed to take a stance of neutrality and that’s why your integrity is in question.

Jebro Ban Jeffies & Olrun’s team as well it’s the right thing to do, and will save UGO’s integrity to the game.

Thanks

p.s. There’s still be zero defining proof posted anywhere on the web. We’ve seen a video of a inferior team lose the finals and someone asking for a VPN. Zero REAL proof. Besides no one cheated in the grand scheme of things.

You should stop using the word “integrity”. You clearly don’t have the slightest understanding of the meaning of the word.

in PvP

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

Gotta just put into context how silly all of this is.

-You have your best players in NA taking money to account share and Title grab for dweebs. What? You obviously are making a mockery of the very scene that made you even slightly relevant in e-sports. Good for you guys, looks like the immaturity is panning out great.

You have Helseth, a very popular member of this PvP community walk in and drop this: “Jeff’s team and others are just using this BS to disqualify people they can’t beat and faking outrage. I state this as facts (but will not provide evidence).” Really man? let’s say I trust your opinion, its not horribly implausible. Now I’m viewing even more players in this community as garbage people not worth supporting.

I’m not even going to start on people like Azukas cause this guy is beyond help. Thanks for feeding the monkey’s Helseth.

If this games competitive scene wasn’t enough of a joke already, the very people most visible within it are trashing eachother, trashing tournament hosts, and taking petty cash from neckbeards who want in game titles at the cost of their own reputation.

Slow clap for the NA scene, the witch hunting, the armchair psychologists, and a hilarious thread. At least someones talking about this game mode eh?

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

@ phokus.8934

We are playing Anet game, in Anet game mode, with Anet meta. We have Jebro throwing a tournament and he all of a sudden bans the best team from NA.

And no i dont see anything wrong, at no point has Anet taken a stand against match manipulation. YOU PEOPLE are upset about because for some odd reason, as if this hasnt been going on for 2 + years.

@ flog.3485

Wait you want to bring in real sports? Ok so you say Lance Armstrong but didnt all of the cyclist get in trouble for drugs? Oh yeah they have, people just hated Lance because he did things to win and was unapologetic.

Just so you know the Ben Johnson story done by 30 for 30 in the 1988 olympics about his 9.79 run or something. They took his gold medal away for steroids, years later they tested the blood of all 12 of the final athletes and guess what, they were all cheating.

Name any sport we can do this. Which is exactly my point about all of this, Anet has done nothing, literally nothing. Yet YOU THE COMMUNITY want to make your own rules about this situation.

What the players got in game rewards and some titles? Ive seen many of the Pro players in this thread only Duo que, only play at X times and so on. Yet we are mad at them for accepting money to put on fake mustaches and pretend they are other people?

Its no different then Kyrie Irving putting on the old man costume and going to local basketball parks and hooping up people pretending to be 60 years old.

The Abjured pretended to be other people supposedly and it did what? Did they cheat? No they hit a chord of some moral chord among a group of people when they have been playing a League system which has acquiesce cheating for over 2 years.

in PvP

phokus.8934

I don’t even know what to say to you, man. If you can’t see the difference between match manipulation and what Abj pulled off, you do you.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

They broke TOS for the game, and they did it in a competitive game mode. They mocked awards for competitive events by doing this for other crappy people. They did this with Cash involved, breaking TOS again. They did this as people that are seen as important within the PvP community, and they set an example of toxic, dishonest behavior. They devalued sportsmanship, and they enabled people to attempt to take credit for things they did not accomplish.

Any person with a fully formed brain should see why they were banned from a competitive tournament given their actions. Kdaddy, take your strawman BS somewhere else.

Here’s an idea in case you need incredibly direct correlation: If a team is willing to account share for profit in these tournaments, they show the potential to screw with Non-Lan events in the same manner in the future.

They show they could do things like create a team simply to give themselves more chances to knock out other teams.

They show that if there is a cash prize and a tournament is open entry, they would be scummy enough to enter twice with two different names to double their chances at collecting. (And if someone is stupid enough to say “well what if they’re matched together” they get a by from technical difficulties, any amount of BS).

Even if a tournament is set up in mind to prevent crap like this from happening, the entire ban is based on PRINCIPLE.

Kdaddy, do you understand what principle is? Does anyone trying to defend this crap have any idea what credibility is? Are you so far detached from reality or fanboying so hard you can’t grasp that for any sport to succeed or have any value, Identity and Reputation are paramount?

Jebro is throwing a tournament for a competitive mode in GW2, the very same type of game mode that was abused for personal gain and toxic behavior on the exact same kittening platform.

You can’t fix stupid can you, why even try.

in PvP

jebro.6370

Good Afternoon,

As per the confirmed update from Arenanet here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/NA-July-Monthly-Tournament-Investigation

The ban will remain temporary until we feel it is appropriate to re visit the issue.

Jebro

UGO

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Jebro ahead of anet in banning these people. Well done jebro!

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

MailMail.6534

@CrashTheGrey has saved this thread. Thank the Six for your contributions.

It’s really a sad day when people are not only willingly support toxic behavior but to attack those who seek to prevent it.

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Best of luck, UGO.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

no one cares what noise sore losers have to bark my dear

buzz off

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Lilyanna.9361

Lilyanna.9361

Bye, your done, dismissed, finito
You are dried up, now go smurf on smite or league :^]
I’m sure they’ll love you over there.

(edited by Lilyanna.9361)

in PvP

MailMail.6534

I love pennies. Glad UGO was ahead of the curve on this one.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Seriously guys why now?

Its not only them who have messed up the NA scene. Its the other players they have played against. They did not enter themselves, had they played on alt accounts would it be a big deal? No but for some reason we want to say NOW is the time to ban players for X X and X and I simply find it laughable.

3 PvP seasons this has been going on and now Jebro has to be the voice, not Anet. Why no these other players who ran alts, MM among the plethora of other things.

You can see the salt from one of the Abjured but you can understand why.

CrashTheGrey.1492 I understand principle but its a 2 way street. You have many players who have done things that only benefited themselves for small rewards in this game. These were things the community cried out for in S5 yet Anet did nothing.

Here we are S7 and with AT’s and now we want to implement rules? My question is why? Where does this now come in? Why does Jebro get to pick and choose, why does Helseth get to pick and choose for his?

Heres what we know for a fact happened, teams entered the AT. They played fairly and 1 team won. People are upset because the Abjured subbed in for X players, i look at it this way.

If i was on a team and i had to leave and my sister/brother is the best player in NA. And i asked her to play for me since i had to go, how is it wrong especially if she/he didnt enter the tournament?

Its online, its not for real money, it only effects the other players who have done shady things in the past.

You guys are talking about morality and a ideology of fair play.

My example still applies perfectly, Ben Johnson won the gold medal in 1988 for sprinting. They said no you cheated so we take it away and you cant race anymore. 12 years later they retested all the athletes from that final sprint and all racers had done some form of performance enhancing drug.

You are condemning the Abjured yet all these other players have done things that you could say go against everything in your comment and the ideology of what jebro is enforcing.

Where is all this principle for the other players? And all the negative things they have done in the past? I assume we are just picking and choosing so X people can be high and mighty.

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

No matter what happens I got my boys for life. I’d never turn or snitch on my boys. There’s still some people that actually have logic on these forums even though they no longer play. The old community was where it was at. People now a days just look for excuses and to point fingers at anyone to create drama. Guess that’s why this game is dead and the players that flourished are succeeding in life.

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

“I got what I wanted you got nothing on me” basically.

Just gotta have the last word.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Best of luck on your failing tournament. Banning the only talent left on NA is a good move. Enjoy the -700 dollar donation, play for pennies like you plebs deserve to.

I can probably shape those pillars of salt your trail leaves behind into an instruction manual explaining IP and VPNs.

Another 9-5 boy mad he got farmed by winners in life lul.

Ignorant till the very end of your ignominious career. Enjoy retirement f.b

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Seriously guys why now?

Here we are S7 and with AT’s and now we want to implement rules?

You are condemning the Abjured yet all these other players have done things that you could say go against everything in your comment and the ideology of what jebro is enforcing.

Where is all this principle for the other players? And all the negative things they have done in the past? I assume we are just picking and choosing so X people can be high and mighty.

You answered your own question. AT is a new thing for ANet to sustain PvP and naturally boundary crossing will be viewed more harshly.

Regarding your second question: these principles also applied for other players. If you can find evidence that other players are account sharing to win AT then by all means report to ANet. With the most recent outcome of ANet’s investigation I think UGO’s action is justified, and if you manage to find evidence then UGO should be able to apply the same principle.

Btw do you need a tin-foil hat for your last statement? Because conspiracy theory almost always ridicule own arguments.

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

If the Abjured are not in the tournament then i guess its a semi pro tournament.

I don’t think you understand what a pro tournament is, Wimbledon is a pro tennis tournament, because it is made up of players who earn their living from being a pro tennis player, it is their ‘profession’ this is where ‘pro’ comes from.

GW2 on the other hand, even when Anet had tournaments the money was so limited it could basically only support one dominant team financially (and even then that was a stretch given most of them didn’t have real costs because they lived at home with mummy & daddy or had an actual job), and that was basically 1 team, the rest of the laughably termed “pros” earned peanuts from the game, so there was no Pro scene, just a few deluded kids, and that was the official Anet tournies, if you think the amount people earn from this tournie constitutes a “professional GW2 player”, then well…

Oh and to put it in perspective no one other than handful of sad cases who have such empty lives they place value in the laughable GW2 PvP “scene” gives a toss whether these guys are in it or not, because competitively GW2 is a total joke.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in PvP

phokus.8934

No matter what happens I got my boys for life. I’d never turn or snitch on my boys. There’s still some people that actually have logic on these forums even though they no longer play. The old community was where it was at. People now a days just look for excuses and to point fingers at anyone to create drama. Guess that’s why this game is dead and the players that flourished are succeeding in life.

Holy kitten, is this kid for real? Blaming others who reported him and his rag tag team for overtly breaking ANet;s ToS?

Continue wearing your gaming shirts in real life and having a disheveled appearance because that’ll go far and make you successful.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

If the Abjured are not in the tournament then i guess its a semi pro tournament.

I don’t think you understand what a pro tournament is, Wimbledon is a pro tennis tournament, because it is made up of players who earn their living from being a pro tennis player, it is their ‘profession’ this is where ‘pro’ comes from.

GW2 on the other hand, even when Anet had tournaments the money was so limited it could basically only support one dominant team financially (and even then that was a stretch given most of them didn’t have real costs because they lived at home with mummy & daddy or had an actual job), and that was basically 1 team, the rest of the laughably termed “pros” earned peanuts from the game, so there was no Pro scene, just a few deluded kids, and that was the official Anet tournies, if you think the amount people earn from this tournie constitutes a “professional GW2 player”, then well…

Oh and to put it in perspective no one other than handful of sad cases who have such empty lives they place value in the laughable GW2 PvP “scene” gives a toss whether these guys are in it or not, because competitively GW2 is a total joke.

You mistake this comment,

What makes tournaments legit? Its about facing the best, in MMA you dont make any money for being a amateur fighter. Yet they have champions in amateur and go full 5 rounds and all the legits.

Money aside The Abjured have been the best team in NA since GW2 came out with legit 5 vs 5 content worth playing for. Whether its been real money, in game armor, in game rewards as legendarys. They have won them every single time in NA. Holding a NA tournament without them is like being the UFC champ at 205. And some amateur champ comes along and wins his pro fight in the UFC. Then starts calling himself the champ, the only thing that makes the Pros legit is proven history and current history.

Lastly your last point of GW2 PvP is something i agree with. I think its a joke that Jebro has to come up with PvP tournaments and monitor the players.

Anet from Day 1 of seasons should have been implementing rules for there leagues but everything from smurfing to alt accounts to que dodging has happened. Im just having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that now, everyone wants to jump on it.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Seriously guys why now?

Here we are S7 and with AT’s and now we want to implement rules?

You answered your own question. AT is a new thing for ANet to sustain PvP and naturally boundary crossing will be viewed more harshly.

Regarding your second question: these principles also applied for other players. If you can find evidence that other players are account sharing to win AT then by all means report to ANet. With the most recent outcome of ANet’s investigation I think UGO’s action is justified, and if you manage to find evidence then UGO should be able to apply the same principle.

Btw do you need a tin-foil hat for your last statement? Because conspiracy theory almost always ridicule own arguments.

My issue is you cant all of a sudden now say PvP i a serious thing. AT are suppose to be the sustain of PvP?

When i had a team and we did AG, we had full teams not including the ESL teams filling up 10+ spots every week. Most of the teams look like complete randoms with 4 actual teams there, kind of hard to keep the PvP community going strong with less and less players are playing since S1-6 have let people down wouldnt ya say?

Also i dont need to report it, many of the top players have said in posts on this forum they only duo que in ranked, that they avoid certain players. ( i said this earlier must of gotten lost in the shuffle so ill bring it up again) Also jumping into coms when teamed with people who they knew and wasnt in there duo.

Also there was a giant thread in S5 about X players using alt accounts. With Abjured players and there inner circle calling out Jeff and his inner circle and it went vice versa.

This was Anet chance to address some PvP issues in S5 and they did not do it.

here we have a AT where 5 players faced 5 others and 1 team won. Then guess what people got mad and reported it because they lost.

This is like the episode of Dragon Ball where Master Roshi pretends to be someone else and beats Goku in the tournament to make sure Goku doesnt get complacent.

The only difference is if Krillin paid Master Roshi to do it, it doesnt change anything.

in PvP

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

@ phokus.8934

We are playing Anet game, in Anet game mode, with Anet meta. We have Jebro throwing a tournament and he all of a sudden bans the best team from NA.

And no i dont see anything wrong, at no point has Anet taken a stand against match manipulation. YOU PEOPLE are upset about because for some odd reason, as if this hasnt been going on for 2 + years.

@ flog.3485

Wait you want to bring in real sports? Ok so you say Lance Armstrong but didnt all of the cyclist get in trouble for drugs? Oh yeah they have, people just hated Lance because he did things to win and was unapologetic.

Just so you know the Ben Johnson story done by 30 for 30 in the 1988 olympics about his 9.79 run or something. They took his gold medal away for steroids, years later they tested the blood of all 12 of the final athletes and guess what, they were all cheating.

Name any sport we can do this. Which is exactly my point about all of this, Anet has done nothing, literally nothing. Yet YOU THE COMMUNITY want to make your own rules about this situation.

What the players got in game rewards and some titles? Ive seen many of the Pro players in this thread only Duo que, only play at X times and so on. Yet we are mad at them for accepting money to put on fake mustaches and pretend they are other people?

Its no different then Kyrie Irving putting on the old man costume and going to local basketball parks and hooping up people pretending to be 60 years old.

The Abjured pretended to be other people supposedly and it did what? Did they cheat? No they hit a chord of some moral chord among a group of people when they have been playing a League system which has acquiesce cheating for over 2 years.

See response from CrashTheGrey higher in the thread because he summed pretty much everything I wanted to answer to you. I mean…..I just can’t get my head around your thought process. People can queue up at anytime they want because the system of any rank system allows this. People can duo-queue and are heavily incentivized to do so because once again the system in place allows it. And if you are any serious with PvP, don’t tell me it is such a unreachable goal to form a duo with anyone in the PvP lobby.