Upcoming Changes to Skills

in PvP

Posted by: Chungo.3169

Chungo.3169

While you’re here:

Are there also skill changes for warrior, necromancer and ranger coming next week as well? The skill balance preview didn’t include them so i assume they won’t be receiving changes on this specific patch?

So you’re goal was to remove Herald from the meta game and that’s pretty much it? You know how blatantly offensive and disrespectful that is to all the people who practiced that class. Also you’re barely touching mesmer and elementalist?

What are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to actually ‘balance’ the game? “Shaking things up” is a discouraging term to hear from a balance team.

Dear lord, you’re so melodramatic.. revenant damage is still going to be the highest consistant power dps.

SotM needed a nerf. A med/low CD with 1s evade, and chain CD, and you wanted it to keep doing up to upwards of 15k damage, with all that utility??

And sword #2, a spammable nuke that can easily do 8k+ damage… Come on, how could you possibly post here (and everywhere else on the forums) expecting people to take you seriously?

If you really practice the class as much as you claim, you will find a way to be effective with the changes.

My God … I wish they did that damage, I think I remembered to inflict 8k with SotM and 5k with sword2 at best only when all hit successfully and that counting that they are weak enemies. I honestly do not know where you get those numbers.

At least give rev some way to clean condis, since now there will be no form of 1vs1 against any character condispam.

I would like to ask some questions:

Will we have any compensation? Even if it is only to repair old errors?
Will that precision strike and relentless assault hit the target selected and not random? Will I benefit from the super-speed that does not give chaotic emission? Are you going to use only once a dark evasion, do not use it twice consuming all my energy? UA is bugged when there is a step between you and your target, will you fix it?

(edited by Chungo.3169)

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Let us choose stats on runes. With limitations, of course.

in PvP

Posted by: SuperduperMLGbsns.9345

SuperduperMLGbsns.9345

5on5 DH match up confirmed.
They are so frequently chosen for a reason and you still buff them :<

I mean, Im currently playing DH myself but honestly I think its a bit too much.
But you did good to take off the daze from traps despite I rather would have prefered if the blind effect was removed instead.

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

I don’t normally argue semantics and maybe someone has asked this already (cba reading x pages of comments), but if you consider 50% and 33% nerfs to main damae skills to be “slightly brought down”, what would constitute a “major” nerf for you? 95%+ assuming “moderate” is in the 75% area.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

The 50% nerf is a bit of a sledge hammer, but I can’t tell you how frustrating it is to loose to a rev in the middle of a good fight because he presses the “I win button” that eats all your health, cc’s you, and makes him evade, all at the same time. Or better yet, you get hit in the back with it while fighting someone else.

Regardless, rev is hard to master, but those who do are game altering. You see R. Heisenberg (or similar caliber) on the opposing team, you better change everything in your build to manage direct damage or its GG.

The change will remove the natural predator to DH and bunker Ele. These things are going to be hard to kill if another predator does not take the stage.

The good news, I am pretty sure Druid can spec into damage now though. Current Rev = rally bot damage Druid.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: FlOwMaKeRs.8623

FlOwMaKeRs.8623

4 years and you guys can not even figure out how to balance the overall game once and for all.

This is disgusting, it should embarrass you!!

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Gee revs might actually have to swap weapons to combo their bursts now.

in PvP

Posted by: Hirasaki.6208

Hirasaki.6208

Due to Power Rev Nerfs AGAIN! I was gonna protest the nerf by playing another MMO (other than FFXIV) so I installed Archage.. After 1 hour of playing, I uninstalled… It’s crap compared to GW2 (or FFXIV) so I guess I’m stuck with these nerfs…

The graphics were just so horrible, the combat was bleh, It was no where near GW2 lol. I’ll play a nerfed Rev over that game.

in PvP

Posted by: arkaxify.3258

arkaxify.3258

I honestly wish you would’ve stopped trying to balance your videogame at around season 3, at that point you should’ve just stopped nerfing things and instead started buffing the secondary builds for each profession and fixing skill bugs.

I mean these changes kinda suck for me since I was having fun playing the revenant class for the first time since I bought hot, but I guess it’s also good because now I can survive on my ele. Obviously none of this would’ve happened if you hadn’t nerfed their power survivability 2 seasons ago, which was only considered a problem after you butchered condi revenant at the end of season 1.. which is now getting buffed again.. you see what I mean?

Primordial, Exalted, Illustrious and Indomitable legend.

(edited by arkaxify.3258)

in PvP

Posted by: Rap Tiger.1257

Rap Tiger.1257

The changes for the pets that lacked improvement, where Anet? Wyverns and Bears are the ones that need an urgent improvement, only smokescale and bristleback are the most used along with canines and felines.

in PvP

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Well the nerf to Surge of the Mists is a big step in the right direction. I really hope that you don’t stop there though as there are many other individual skills and traits that do far too many things at the same time without having to meet any conditional requirements. It just feels a bit detrimental to the flow and depth of the combat system.

Gandara

in PvP

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

4 years and you guys can not even figure out how to balance the overall game once and for all.

You do understand the nature of expansions and player ingenuity right?

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

This entire “balance” patch is a BAD joke when it comes to engineer rifle. It seems the developers do NOT understand the game at all nor the engineer profession.

People choose hammer over rifle, because of the utility it gives. I haven’t done any tests, but I think the damage between rifle and hammer is roughly the same, but hammer has far better utility. You can reflect and black and do good damage at same time with hammer. Hammer has 1200 range AoE stun, blast finisher, lighting field etc. A mere 10 % damage buff to bluderbuss isn’t gonna make it break or break it. And why the change is just pvp specific? Rifle engineers are rare as hen’s teeth in WvWvW, so they would even more require buffs in WvWvW. Hammer is much more common there as well.

If Arenanet would have wanted to buff rifle, they would have been adding functionality to rifle:
- make blunderbuss (rifle #3) a blast finisher
- add evade frame to jump shot (rifle #5) and make the animation tiny bit faster to make it a viable movement skill (now immobilize in air really ruins it)

I would leave overcharged shot (rifle #4) as it is. High risk and high reward. And yes, I would shave off hammer a bit, it has too many goodies going on at same time.

It is really sad that Arenanet doesn’t seem to get “it”, when it comes to balancing engineer. They added some damage to rocket boots, which is was another stupid change. People do NOT choose rocket boots for the damage, but for the utility. At the current form most gadgets are sorely underpowered compared to kits, elixirs and gyros. A better to way to make them more viable is to add some functionality e.g. make rocket kick a stun break and/or lower the cooldown.

Not to mention Arenanet destroyed medkit when they turned in into “toss” skills. Medkit really needs attention. Why an earth still medkit #1 doesn’t heal the engineer himself and has so small cone it is really utterly useless skill in the game (compared to druid staff auto attack and ele water staff #1, which both do damage and heal at same time).

*The lack of viable healing skills for many professions is a serious issue e.g. almost all warrior’s use healing signet for obvious reasons. *Arenanet could have made some other healing skills viable e.g. reducing the cooldown “To the limit!” to 25 s and lowering the healing amount accordingly or reducing the activation time to 1/2 s.

The lack of diversity in viable builds is one of the biggest problems in spvp and I don’t see this patch much fixing it. The deletion of many amulets + HoT power creep was the last straw for me.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in PvP

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

• New PvP Amulet: Deadshot Amulet: 1050 Precision, 1050 Condition Damage, 560 Vitality, 560 Expertise
    • This amulet should be a viable choice for lower-HP precision proc-based condition classes, such as condition engineer and condition ranger. It provides strong offense, with some defense through vitality.

Lower-HP precision proc-based condition classes? DUDE! Give this stat combo for my necromancer. So much want in PvE. I’m tired of having power. Please Gaile. I’ll love you forever! <3.

I would not even add necromance to the “Lower HP” classes.

Wait what? You think I was suggesting the necromancer has low HP???? Wha… WHAT? Dude, the “?” there was to show my confusion for that statement. Its not saying the necromancer is low HP, that’s just ridiculous. Its a criticism of that mode of thought that has lead to things being better or useless because they don’t have a good grasp on what the players want for what… W/E…. I’m not going to try and explain what a question mark is for.

in PvP

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

I’m always here.

-Karl

When you go to the forums look behind you, because that’s where Karl is going to be.

in PvP

Vagrant.7206

This entire “balance” patch is a BAD joke when it comes to engineer rifle. It seems the developers do NOT understand the game at all nor the engineer profession.

People choose hammer over rifle, because of the utility it gives. I haven’t done any tests, but I think the damage between rifle and hammer is roughly the same, but hammer has far better utility. You can reflect and black and do good damage at same time with hammer. Hammer has 1200 range AoE stun, blast finisher, lighting field etc. A mere 10 % damage buff to bluderbuss isn’t gonna make it break or break it. And why the change is just pvp specific? Rifle engineers are rare as hen’s teeth in WvWvW, so they would even more require buffs in WvWvW. Hammer is much more common there as well.

If Arenanet would have wanted to buff rifle, they would have been adding functionality to rifle:
- add evade frame to jump shot (rifle #5) and make the animation tiny bit faster to make it a viable movement skill (now immobilize in air really ruins it)

I would leave overcharged shot (rifle #4) as it is. High risk and high reward. And yes, I would shave off hammer a bit, it has too many goodies going on at same time.

It is really sad that Arenanet doesn’t seem to get “it”, when it comes to balancing engineer. They added some damage to rocket boots, which is was another stupid change. People do NOT choose rocket boots for the damage, but for the utility. At the current form most gadgets are sorely underpowered compared to kits, elixirs and gyros. A better to way to make them more viable is to add some functionality e.g. make rocket kick a stun break and/or lower the cooldown.

Not to mention Arenanet destroyed medkit when they turned in into “toss” skills. Medkit really needs attention. Why an earth still medkit #1 doesn’t heal the engineer himself and has so small cone it is really utterly useless skill in the game (compared to druid staff auto attack and ele water staff #1, which both do damage and heal at same time).

*The lack of viable healing skills for many professions is a serious issue e.g. almost all warrior’s use healing signet for obvious reasons. *Arenanet could have made some other healing skills viable e.g. reducing the cooldown “To the limit!” to 25 s and lowering the healing amount accordingly or reducing the activation time to 1/2 s.

The lack of diversity in viable builds is one of the biggest problems in spvp and I don’t see this patch much fixing it. The deletion of many amulets + HoT power creep was the last straw for me.

And that’s on top of the other issues with rifle and pistol — all the projectile hate makes those weapons virtually useless in pvp or wvw. Combine that with some of the condi hate for pistol, and it’s plainly obvious why most engineers eschew the two in favor of hammer builds.

In terms of damage, engineer pistol condi damage is extremely high. But good luck landing any skills and having them stick. Rifle is just low damage, low chance of hitting, and severely underwhelming. Improving some numbers won’t fix the crux of the problem.

in PvP

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

Change is good, if we don’t try different things and test it with all of us Anet will never get to know where to direct their efforts in.

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Is there a reason why the Blunderbuss change is PvP-only?

Condition engineer is mentally straining and carpal tunnel inducing. As someone with over 3,000 hours on the class, I just cannot tolerate raiding on it for hours on end, especially when the same measure of DPS can be achieved with far less effort on pretty much any other profession.

Buffing the rifle would make power engineer an actual competitive choice for raids and fractals, and would certainly make the profession far more enjoyable to play in PvE. Please reconsider this being a PvP-only change.

My Predator has been collecting dust for over a year now, and it pains me to think that in our requests to have less emphasis on kits in our Heart of Thorns elite specialization that we’ve never been more reliant on them—and that Scrapper isn’t even being used in PvE.

Are there long-term plans to make Scrapper an actual competitive choice for PvE now that you’re splitting skill balance between game modes? I’ve been playing variants of Grenade Kit engineer builds since 2012. Please give us something new to play.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

And that’s on top of the other issues with rifle and pistol — all the projectile hate makes those weapons virtually useless in pvp or wvw. Combine that with some of the condi hate for pistol, and it’s plainly obvious why most engineers eschew the two in favor of hammer builds.

In terms of damage, engineer pistol condi damage is extremely high. But good luck landing any skills and having them stick. Rifle is just low damage, low chance of hitting, and severely underwhelming. Improving some numbers won’t fix the crux of the problem.

Pistol is fine and you shouldn’t have any issues landing its damage. Rifle suffers from identity crisis. The auto attacks are too weak, 2 of the skills require close proximity for a ranged weapon, and one relies on condition damage. Increase the damage output on auto attacks. You should be able to exchange ranged damage with any other ranged damage dealer if you are using the weapon set.

in PvP

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

Just want to commend the devs for this thread. More transparency is always better for players. I hope this is representative of a change to more open and frequent communication from devs to players.

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

I’m always here.

-Karl

When you go to the forums look behind you, because that’s where Karl is going to be.

I totally don’t see him in ele sub-forum.
He totally didn’t see any ele/tempest discussion this year.

Every almost ele balance patch note’s reflect that. Thanks to that it’s easy to say that 2016 it was THE WORST YEAR TO MAIN ELE IN PVP. Because devs think that being forced to play healbot is FUN and makes you somehow superior in solo-q! Thank god he stoped nerfing all the time.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Oh wait there goes my plan to start pvp with Revenant.

in PvP

Posted by: baroi.3264

baroi.3264

Guardian

We’d like to give the guardian some core buffs to encourage non-elite spec play, ideally pushing them towards a potential support role. As for Dragonhunter, we’re seeing a disproportionate amount of play across all skill levels. We’re mostly happy with their damage output, and have decided to instead shave some of their utility.

• Piercing Light: This trait no longer causes traps to daze enemies and will instead inflict the Slow condition on enemies for 1.5 seconds on the initial ‘trigger’ of a trap.

First concept of Dragon Hunter was about Crowd Control. If you gonna remove the daze from Piercing Light, why not add only 1 daze at Test of Faith, I think its a viable option to us.. We’ll still need at least 1 fast CC to interrupt fast casting skills.

Subdrop

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Guardian

We’d like to give the guardian some core buffs to encourage non-elite spec play, ideally pushing them towards a potential support role. As for Dragonhunter, we’re seeing a disproportionate amount of play across all skill levels. We’re mostly happy with their damage output, and have decided to instead shave some of their utility.

• Piercing Light: This trait no longer causes traps to daze enemies and will instead inflict the Slow condition on enemies for 1.5 seconds on the initial ‘trigger’ of a trap.

First concept of Dragon Hunter was about Crowd Control. If you gonna remove the daze from Piercing Light, why not add only 1 daze at Test of Faith, I think its a viable option to us.. We’ll still need at least 1 fast CC to interrupt fast casting skills.

You mean like DH f1? Shield 5? Dragon Maw?

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Don’t forget their CC on Deflecting Shot, only a 10s CD!!

in PvP

baroi.3264

Guardian

Spear of Justice is not fast to interrupt 1/4, 1/2 casting skills. Mostly will be used in the combo with ToF.
Shield is not used with longbow build.
Dragon Maw is for low tiers.

Subdrop

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

I knew I was missing one of them.

in PvP

baroi.3264

Deflecting Shot is better using in combo with ToF and SoJ or you will lose DPS.
Daze in ToF helps a lot get a Ress or a Stomp.

Subdrop

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Guardian

Spear of Justice is not fast to interrupt 1/4, 1/2 casting skills. Mostly will be used in the combo with ToF.

Those points are hardly points…. DH has quite a few fast options of Cc skills, it’s not my problem if you don’t select them they still exist…. also most interruptible Skills cast times are 1/4-1sec+

in PvP

Posted by: MrCameron.4863

MrCameron.4863

Don’t see the high reward when other classes have stun breaks with lower cool down than overcharge, reflects and other ridiculous evade frames/blocks/stab up times/passives. High risk no reward.

in PvP

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

As a WvW player, it will be nice to see PvPers coming to WvW with no idea how powerful or otherwise their builds are.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Guardian

You have on-demand knockback through deflecting shot. It is only 10 sec CD.
Spear of justice is very strong because once tethered you can pull through evade and block. The enemy is basically kittened if he does not have stability or invul ready.

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

I knew I was missing one of them.

Don’t forget long bow 5, though it is easier to dodge than the others.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

No idea why certain changes like Infiltrators Strike gaining a 300 range increase would break the game in PvE.

in PvP

Posted by: Klypto.1703

Klypto.1703

First of all, Cuddos on splitting balance though. Great Call. But i can’t help but to show my frustration on the notes itself

Why would you do this kind of “balance” to a class that has a high skill ceiling such as revenant? Seriously. The class is hard to play, you said it yourself, so it should be rewarding. This kind of nerf you cant ‘’work your way around’’ with skill. Youre punishing both the experienced and the unexperienced revenant for rev being too strong on high level. A good balance to a class that is hard to play tho too overpowered if mastered should involve making it easier to play yet nerfing characteristics that only high level revenants can take advantage of.

Im not saying i agree with nerfing revenant at all. Im saying that if youre gonna do it, do it the right way.

Part of a solution on that is ventari still will have no stun break. Then the elite specialization herald/glint has no condition management/removal. As well too skills like the #5 on shield which you have to stand in one spot and cannot move which is also like the pistol whip on thief you cannot move while using these skills making it easier on your enemy to kill you.

So here’s sum of my wall of text.

1. Give horse dude a way to break stuns(maybe eliminate as much micromanagement of that staff as possible too).

2. Give Glint some conditional removal/management or else players are forced to not use it losing all of the utility it provides.

3. Remove the stationary aspect of skills that just work better for the enemy if you use them.

in PvP

Posted by: TheBandit.7031

TheBandit.7031

I don’t really understand why some of these changes apply everywhere and others only apply to PvP. A lot of the PvP changes should apply everywhere honestly.

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

These changes are solid. I like that skill splitting is being done regularly. I like the buffs to core guardian and DH shave.

I do NOT like engi changes. Hammer is untouched?! Hammer is still king, both in terms of damage and utility. It will take more than minor rifle buffs to get people to switch over. The rifle itself even might need to be reworked globally.

That being said, I remind myself that this is only a preview of tomorrow and what it will bring.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

These changes are solid. I like that skill splitting is being done regularly. I like the buffs to core guardian and DH shave.

I do NOT like engi changes. Hammer is untouched?! Hammer is still king, both in terms of damage and utility. It will take more than minor rifle buffs to get people to switch over. The rifle itself even might need to be reworked globally.

That being said, I remind myself that this is only a preview of tomorrow and what it will bring.

I don’t think this is a preview. I think this is all there will be for tomorrow. Karl said there aren’t gonna be changes to warrior and necro tomorrow, so i imagine this also means there aren’t any more changes for now. If they have bigger changes planned, then i wouldn’t expect them at the start of the season.

in PvP

Vagrant.7206

Pistol is fine and you shouldn’t have any issues landing its damage. Rifle suffers from identity crisis. The auto attacks are too weak, 2 of the skills require close proximity for a ranged weapon, and one relies on condition damage. Increase the damage output on auto attacks. You should be able to exchange ranged damage with any other ranged damage dealer if you are using the weapon set.

Pistol is actually in a worse state than you might think. There’s a lot of condi hate out there in the meta. With the exception of revenants, most classes can have excellent condi removal. The current engi pistol meta is powerful amongst low skill players, but at higher levels it is simply underwhelming for such a high-skill build. Warriors can output more raw damage and raw condis while ignoring damage and blocking. Necros can literally counter the entire build with one skill (plague signet). For a build about building damage over time, we don’t get much opportunity to do so. I’ve been playing pistol engi for a long time, and right now it’s in bad shape.

Also ignoring that shield has been worthless for a long time. 2 out of 4 weapons are virtually worthless, 1 is weak, and the other is acceptable. This is why most engineers are using hammers in PvP.

And I will say that rifle is in way worse state. It is neither here nor there — not enough condition damage, direct damage, or utility. It’s functionally pointless for almost all game modes, PvP, PvE, or WvW. That’s sad for a weapon that makes up one of the four “weapons” we have to choose from.

(edited by Vagrant.7206)

in PvP

JTGuevara.9018

I don’t think this is a preview. I think this is all there will be for tomorrow. Karl said there aren’t gonna be changes to warrior and necro tomorrow, so i imagine this also means there aren’t any more changes for now. If they have bigger changes planned, then i wouldn’t expect them at the start of the season.

Well, we’ll see. The patch notes tomorrow will tell everything.

in PvP

Posted by: TheBandit.7031

TheBandit.7031

I honestly think hammer builds are easy to counter. I used to be a big engineer player but that is no longer the case. I never liked scrapper builds because players would just dance around me. And I find the same thing to be the case when I fight against scrappers; it’s easy to kite them.

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Look at it this way.

In order to balance something, there has to be incentive. And where does this incentive come from? The testers – its players. Balance after balance, Anet tries to get it right.

Unfortunately, once they add something new, there needs to be more user input, and the cycle repeats.

That’s why. And it isn’t just Anet. Every game has this issue.

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

But nothing modify the main point. I think you better tell your team play PVP one hour per day for data collection. How to make a good game? Not Viewer. Not Developer. Come to be a Player. Play your game and improve it. This is necessary.

REV – you get the point.

DH – nothing will change. The problem from the region of tarp , CD , spell time and your game mode. This is not a trap. This is a land mine without damage himself.

ELE – nothing will change. boring heal bot. No survive No output. They are like NEC. The first target without that block block block 12345 system.

THIEF – nothing will change. When the range of steal change to 1200 and dagger 3 still here. Sword thief was gone.

MES – nothing will change. The problem come from their one key cool down buttom make them have double skill. You can not do that do not think others can not. Look at your REV after your n*nerf but they still the top one.

ENG – Who want to choose a gun in that block block block 12345 combat system!? Do they want to die? Do they can make enough damage or kill someone on those invincible monster before their die?

But anyway, this is a good begin.

(edited by xeonage.1253)

in PvP

Posted by: SaltAndLight.4652

SaltAndLight.4652

Thank you for devoting time and resources to improving sPvP. I’m really looking forward to the new season.

I am a little apprehensive about the Mesmer nerfs, but before I complain I am going to see how it goes.

in PvP

Posted by: Cava.7254

Cava.7254

Buffs in PvP only – Balance all across the board kitten
Nerfs in PvP and PvE – Splitt Balance between PvP and PvE kitten

Choose one and stop being a spoiled kid. Somehow ppl…

in PvP

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

you want to nerf rev dmg ok good, but what about survivability/healing capacietes of druid , temp and scrapper? the rysk to have a bunker meta with temp/druid/scrapper (and a chrono who have blocks distorsion and stuff) is pretty high and you did apparently nothing on this side…. pls avoid to repeat the error made after hot with double chrono meta…. a bunker meta is boring and unfun

in PvP

Posted by: LinhZeri.6412

LinhZeri.6412

Not sure if this is turning into a suggestion thread lol but To help things.. each core profession should have an elite trait line. Some examples below for good suggestions for each.

This addition of Core Elite Specializations would obviously change a lot of factors but also allow the current elite trait lines to be kind of fixed up indirectly. Im sure a lot will agree or disagree but just putting this out there for a possible way to help things.

Some thoughts for Core Elite Trait lines below:
Necromancer: Death Magic or Soul Reaping (Im in a toss up on this one…. prob more towards soul reaping however since Reaper has minions as well)

Elementalist: Arcane

Guardian: This one a toss up… something that the Guardian obviously should be doing that Dragon Hunter should.. perhaps Virtues which do make sense but can be debated.

Revenant: Invocation. This is def a trait line it should have.. focus on mastering two stances (and oh not having glint traitline 99% of game play like now)

Warrior: Tactics ( needs work as it is but Tactics does fit not well with this elite trait line roll)

Engineer: Definitely Inventions.. Engineer for a reason right?

Ranger: Wilderness Survival

Thief: Trickery (Thief style stuff). sorry Daredevil shouldn’t be an upgraded Thief

Mesmer: Domination or Chaos (more towards Domination)

in PvP

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

I don’t get this. The entire point of split is that skills and traits can be useful in all modes without being too strong or too weak in a single game mode. Barely any of the changes in this recent patch makes any sense in that regard. Most of the buffs might just aswell have been all game modes*

PvP and PvE that is. WvW still lack an own split, which is also completely stupid.

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

PvP and PvE that is. WvW still lack an own split, which is also completely stupid.

Especially when certain professions dominate WvWvW meta, just look at any zerg you will find many times more guardians/DH, herald revenants and reapers than engineers or rangers. And none of the changes suggested are going to shake the meta (even if the spvp changes would have been implemented in WvWvW as well). WvWvW Meta has been stale for so long time… sighs.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in PvP

JTGuevara.9018

Well, we’ll see. The patch notes tomorrow will tell everything.

Well, I saw! I stand corrected then!

Well…meh… disappointing. Not much changes. At least there’s no more DH trap daze, ele and core guard got a boost and pvp skill-split is happening regularly. Still, I do NOT like the new amulet. PvP needs less power creep not more!! Why not bring back clerics and soldiers?

(edited by JTGuevara.9018)