Verbal abuse is getting worse and worse

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Usually, if you have someone going out of their way to talk kitten to you and be abusive…you probably did something pretty stupid to deserve it. If not, are you the kind of person that cries when someone in life disagrees with you?

nah, i get called names for crating in 1v1s. i wont go in to why that isnt stupid, but it really isnt. oh, not a turret engi either.

There’s no shame in crating in 1v1, if it’s necessary to win the game. When I get that comment from necromancers, I find it hilarious.

Cond necro vs cond eng I would say no huge shame in using crate since it’s a hard counter… but eng v eng or even worse eng v thief… yea… no pride in that to say the least.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Usually, if you have someone going out of their way to talk kitten to you and be abusive…you probably did something pretty stupid to deserve it. If not, are you the kind of person that cries when someone in life disagrees with you?

nah, i get called names for crating in 1v1s. i wont go in to why that isnt stupid, but it really isnt. oh, not a turret engi either.

There’s no shame in crating in 1v1, if it’s necessary to win the game. When I get that comment from necromancers, I find it hilarious.

Cond necro vs cond eng I would say no huge shame in using crate since it’s a hard counter… but eng v eng or even worse eng v thief… yea… no pride in that to say the least.

Pride won’t make you win. Crate will.

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

exactly
i dont exactly feel good about crating a thief but it sure as kitten is super effective when they would otherwise just run and +1 something before i blink

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Aberrant.6749

exactly
i dont exactly feel good about crating a thief but it sure as kitten is super effective when they would otherwise just run and +1 something before i blink

I’m not saying don’t do it if you need, but if you get called on it then you should take the hit to your ego. Having to crate a class you counter 1v1 means you were greatly outplayed. I can understand people getting frustrated in such situations (I’m not apologizing for serious verbal abuse in any situation though). You should also consider practicing more so you can get to where you don’t need to crate classes that you counter and can save them for 1v2, small group fights, etc.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

verbal abuse isn’t bad compared to the people that spend the majority of the game blaming team mates and spamming chat instead of playing

in PvP

Posted by: bubby.5798

bubby.5798

if you cant beat em join em. here is a list of phrases you can use to become a troll today!

lolrekt nub
lolnub
mad or nah?
charr u mad bro?
3gud5me
crymoarpls
es ok to cry
i small asian rady pls no hur me
lolumad
dotn cry

in PvP

insanemaniac.2456

exactly

I’m not saying don’t do it if you need, but if you get called on it then you should take the hit to your ego. Having to crate a class you counter 1v1 means you were greatly outplayed. I can understand people getting frustrated in such situations (I’m not apologizing for serious verbal abuse in any situation though). You should also consider practicing more so you can get to where you don’t need to crate classes that you counter and can save them for 1v2, small group fights, etc.

really? no, im taking a hit to my ego for crating when some idiot thief burns his shadowstep too early. im winning the kittening fight and moving on. dont even make me try to feel bad about crating, because you wont and you cant.

in PvP

Aberrant.6749

exactly

really? no, im taking a hit to my ego for crating when some idiot thief burns his shadowstep too early. im winning the kittening fight and moving on. dont even make me try to feel bad about crating, because you wont and you cant.

If you feel good about using a crate vs a class you already counter then ok I guess? o.O

I would suggest trying to strive to be better than that since crate can be used in far better situations, but if you’re just playing in practice or whatever and don’t care about getting better that’s fine too.

Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Aberrant.6749

no, im taking a hit to my ego for crating when some idiot thief burns his shadowstep too early. im winning the kittening fight and moving on. dont even make me try to feel bad about crating, because you wont and you cant.

So what DO you feel? Also do you think that shadowstep somehow counters crate? Btw what type of eng are you? Turret?

Tarnished Coast

in PvP

insanemaniac.2456

no, im taking a hit to my ego for crating when some idiot thief burns his shadowstep too early. im winning the kittening fight and moving on. dont even make me try to feel bad about crating, because you wont and you cant.

So what DO you feel? Also do you think that shadowstep somehow counters crate? Btw what type of eng are you? Turret?

read the thread bro

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

exactly

Do people in real life even talk like this? It’s a godkitten game and we’re debating about what “hit to ego” people should accept?

This is just surreal lol.

You want to prove something, go join the army and brag later.

in PvP

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Kitten it guys, stop using kittening swear words in pvp. You’re kittening others off. Be kitten polite or just don’t kitten start the kitten queue. Even if kitten things are kittened beyond repair, just stay kitten calm and …. kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: MeanCoffeeBean.2073

MeanCoffeeBean.2073

Honestly, it is so hard to remain calm in the face of such awful matchmaking. I have not been on the winning side in two weeks now. Two weeks without a single win. When I logged this morning out of disgust, I had 140 points and the rest of my team had zero. Zero. None. Not one point. It’s all well and good to tell people to be nice, but frankly the playerbase deserves better than this. SPVP is so broken right now with horrific imbalance, crap matchmaking, and abusive players that there is little incentive to even keep logging in until HoT.

Fluttershy – Mesmer
Clarishy – Ranger
Tinkershy – Engineer

in PvP

Posted by: bubby.5798

bubby.5798

too bad points dont matter. lolnub

in PvP

Posted by: shaman.1938

shaman.1938

It is getting bad,
I’ve reported this numerous times based on a ton of the threads on this topic that seem to pop up almost weekly. Until we hear something (same boat as you guys), the best thing to do is:
1) Ignore them
A) Turn off Map Chat/ Say Chat
B) Report those that cross the line (racism, death threats etc.)

2) Try to foster a positive environment, if you see a lot of negativity going on, try to put a positive spin on it. E.g. “Stupid thief can’t even stay alive” instead of joining the trash the newbie train, try responding with something like "Hey, you’re doing great damage but you should try attacking from behind ".

you have good ideas but sadly I doubt it will make a difference as there really is no way to penalize players who don’t follow the simple idea of treating others the way you would want to be treated ..

many players are getting the ME ME ME attitude (and though it is major in PvP it is growing in PvE)

up until my problems as of today I used to try and “help” other players whenever possible .. if in WvW hop into combat if need be (as a ranged character) and revive a downed player ..

after today I doubt I will both wasting my time reviving at all .. upside I am going to be able to maybe move the “f key action” button if i can as I would need it for these types of things

Just my own personal and biased reaction is all

also I will point out many of these players are behaving like abused children who free the need to lash out at others .. if in real life they would probably be corrected but due to the anonymity of playing from behind an internet connection and the fact that the games makers can understand a little lose now may mean a stronger game later on, it is only going to get worse

(edited by shaman.1938)

in PvP

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

There was like this one game where we had a bad start and thus there was a lot of team raging going on, and we ended up losing by like 20 points. If that person would have shut the hell up and not wasted time typing that garbage, we would have won. Some people just need to look in the mirror.

But like I’ve said before, it’s weird that the teammates are the worst. The enemy side may not be usual global chat but they’re usually pretty funny when they talk trash.

No whispers out of game though yet. I’d like to see that so I may ping [1 packet of salt]

All and all, I think team queueing is probably best.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in PvP

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

PvP is becoming corrupt with players all copying and pasting metabattle.com builds and that also includes turret engineers.
Ranked arena is chaos because of the terrible MMR, which lets terrible players make in on the first page. Furthermore, all the good players can’t see themselves shine because they’re dragged down with bad team mates.
Unranked is where most people now go because there’s no MMR there. However, people who soloQ there will be fighting at least 2 turret engineers every game.

I believe the salty community development comes from people fighting turret engineers who I believe do have the right to complain about it, then the engineers respond QQ or whatever and get full of themselves. It’s the same when people copy and paste metabattle.com builds and then beat people who don’t touch that site. Some people even tease people when they win 1v1 with their meta builds, that’s just pathetic play. This is all very minor but it happens every day, everywhere and it gradually is building up.
When you soloQ a game of unranked, expect 8 other people to be playing a direct metabattle.com build.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: necrofail.7439

necrofail.7439

Pretty sure unranked still has an MMR.