Viper should be removed

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Superior Condi Pressure with Physical Pressure in one Amulet is too much.
Its not that its OP or something, its just better than any -damage- amulet, also it hard counters Druid, which may lead to Ranger extinction for next year again.

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

It’s the berserker amulet of condi. Personally, I think the issue is more along the lines of a class/build being able to thrive with absolutely no defensive stats.

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

This amulet is not the issue. At all. Better look at Durability runes.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Morwath.9817

It’s the berserker amulet of condi. Personally, I think the issue is more along the lines of a class/build being able to thrive with absolutely no defensive stats.

It’s not Berserker amulet of condi. It’s Berserker with condi.

This amulet is not the issue. At all. Better look at Durability runes.

Looking at Durability runes and leaving Viper = even more nerfing Rangers.

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

It’s not the Berzerker of condi, it’s more like sinister but forgoing additional power for some extra condi pressure, it’s a hybrid. The condi equiv to berzerker would be condi/prec/exp, just like the wanderers is basically the condi equiv of Marauders.

I agree with the second line, it is issues with the class it self rather than the amulet. I’ve been playing a few builds with viper but wanderers typically does better.

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Its not that its OP or something, its just better than any -damage- amulet, also it hard counters Druid, which may lead to Ranger extinction for next year again.

I completely disagree. Burst can easily kill anyone running Viper if people actually bothered to focus them.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Morwath.9817

I completely disagree. Burst can easily kill anyone running Viper if people actually bothered to focus them.

You disagree that Viper Rev hard counters Druid?

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Posted by: Dakarius.3284

Dakarius.3284

What’s wrong with hard counters? Thieves get hard countered by DH, Scrapper, Tempest, and druid.

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Morwath.9817

What’s wrong with hard counters? Thieves get hard countered by DH, Scrapper, Tempest, and druid.

Hard counters shouldn’t exist. Everything is wrong with them.
Games are supposed to be decided by skill, not random hard counters aka fail matchmaking.

Btw using Thief or Warrior as argument in any discussion is like a bad joke.

(edited by Morwath.9817)

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

An amulet alone can’t (hard)counter anything.
Especially if it is an amulet which is used only by one class. Unlike some other amulets …

Viper is fine.

(edited by UmbraNoctis.1907)

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Yeap. I’ve seen druids tank them for ages. They don’t put out as many condis as core necro and not enough CCs either so they shouldn’t be a problem for someone specced to handle condis.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

+1….. they removed minstrel before it even really worked and any1 played it, and what do they do with viper that has enabled the most imbalanced build in recent history? Nothing….

It would probably kill a ton of builds that don’t abuse vipers on rev (which is the only build using it anyways) if you nerf mallyx with vipers, so it’s easier to just get rid of vipers.

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Revenant is the only class that can pull it off. Tone down the traits/skills instead.

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Tone down rev sustain. Remove celestial instead.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

The amulet is pure offence, the issue is that some class ( hum hum revenant ) manage to use it while still having great survability.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Posted by: Chiuvitas.8946

Chiuvitas.8946

Viper isnt the problem

Revenants are, they are the only class able to utilize viper without being completely weak

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Viper isnt the problem

Revenants are, they are the only class able to utilize viper without being completely weak

Minstrel wasn’t the problem, blind spam was – Mesmers still can BlindSpam.

Yet, Minstrel was removed. I’d rather see Viper removed than Malyx getting Druid threatment aka 400% cd incr among other “bug fixes”.

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

It’s not the Berzerker of condi, it’s more like sinister but forgoing additional power for some extra condi pressure, it’s a hybrid. The condi equiv to berzerker would be condi/prec/exp, just like the wanderers is basically the condi equiv of Marauders.

I agree with the second line, it is issues with the class it self rather than the amulet. I’ve been playing a few builds with viper but wanderers typically does better.

Like Morwath, you took that comparison a little too literal. It’s like Berserker because it’s pure offensive stats with no defensive stats.

Nocta pretty much made the point I was trying to make.

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Posted by: Chip Skylark.2367

Chip Skylark.2367

Viper isnt the problem

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Revenant should be removed until its actually balanced.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Condi mes can use vipers fairly well and so can necromancers (if both run durability).

I think berserker could pull something awesome off with it too if core warrior got enough buffs to make it viable and synergistic with its elite spec.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Viper has 20% more stat than Berserker/Sinistar.

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Posted by: Zanther Deathbringer.4762

Zanther Deathbringer.4762

Games are supposed to be decided by skill, not random hard counters aka fail matchmaking.

Hard counters absolutely should exist. This is a team game. Part of the skill involved is having a good group comp. Good group comps cover each others weaknesses.

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Hard counters absolutely should exist. This is a team game. Part of the skill involved is having a good group comp. Good group comps cover each others weaknesses.

Youre wrong. Majority of player base doesn’t run 5 man premades, which means its not premade game about good group comps.

Also, if you let hard counters exist, some classes will extinct and we will again be back in “cele meta” with only half of classes playing, because rest will be “hard countered”.

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Youre wrong. Majority of player base doesn’t run 5 man premades, which means its not premade game about good group comps.

Also, if you let hard counters exist, some classes will extinct and we will again be back in “cele meta” with only half of classes playing, because rest will be “hard countered”.

Diamond Skill is still in the game so hard counters are here to stay I am afraid.

Other classes can use Viper + Durability to great effect, you can make a really good engi p/p build with Vipers + Durability. It is by no means broken.

The actual broken part is the Rev class itself, that thing is totally overtuned in any incarnation. Herald traits/shield/skills are 100% broken compared to the base class options. Even in the base class Rev can do everything warrior can do but better with the mobility of old eles (who now move like thieves). Rev needed a serious balance pass before leagues started. Guess we get to look forward to 3 months of utter bullkitten two rev, two tempest teams.

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Posted by: Zanther Deathbringer.4762

Zanther Deathbringer.4762

And yet, the devs are pushing for the game to be an esport. Que system supports this also.

So yes, premade game,

Viper should be removed

in PvP

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

Hard counters shouldn’t exist.

Attachments:

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief