After a thorough internal investigation it has become very clear that the players who signed up to play on the roster of “Majestic Capricorns” in the European World Tournament Series Invitational Qualifiers were not the ones who actually participated in the event, violating a number of rules regarding eligibility as well as Section 9 of the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement (players may not share accounts).
Additionally, the Majestic Capricorns have also violated the following World Tournament Series rules:
- Players who engage in unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening conduct or violate any rule, gain unfair advantage, or attempt to obtain winner status using fraudulent means, including, without limitation, cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices, in Tournament Organizer/Administrator’s reasonable discretion, will be disqualified.
- By participating, players understand and acknowledge that the Tournament Entities are responsible for all aspects of this Tournament, and that the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement and Rules of Conduct shall apply.
As a result of the aforementioned rule violations, the following actions will be taken:
- Effective immediately, team “Majestic Capricorns” and all players directly involved in the deception described above are hereby disqualified from the World Tournament Series 2015.
- Majestic Capricorns forfeit all pending rewards for tournament participation.
- The Majestic Capricorns forfeit their match against team Orange Logo. Orange Logo will move on to the World Tournament Series Finals in Cologne.
- Additional penalties for players involved will be handled after an investigation for each individual case.
Fairness in competitive play is something we believe in very strongly at ArenaNet and as such we are taking this violation very seriously. Our investigation into this matter will be ongoing and additional penalties may be levied at our sole discretion.
ArenaNet Competitive Events Manager
(edited by Josh Davis.6015)