Waiting for Q pop is so boring...

in PvP

Posted by: Anastasis.7258

Anastasis.7258

I don’t really care if the queue time is long or what, all I care is that I can’t even do anything else while waiting for the q pop. This is so stupid and it is pulling me away from playing this game.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

+1
Should at least be able to go into a custom arena…

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

You cant even go make a drink in case the queue pops and you miss the ready button and get screwed over for another long wait.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

+1, if we had a duel system tho..

in PvP

Posted by: adam.8692

adam.8692

Make a team and talk with them on ts while waiting;)

in PvP

Posted by: truthishly.9513

truthishly.9513

Really wish we at least had a mystic forge and crafting tables…

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Stygian.2135

Mister Stygian.2135

I really miss queuing from open world or from hotjoins. I’m not sure what the rationale is that you have to stand in the heart of mist either. Also, anyone else feel like you always get twice the average queue time this week?

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Duel some ppl in the HotM in the meanwhile!

Aw wait…

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Bump. This can’t be emphasized enough.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Yeah we need some social thing going during the wait.. Bump this thread up…

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

#anetplz

My MMR is so high everytime I enter Q even if im soloQing in ranked I get minimum 5-6 minute wait time.

Oh Em Gee I got my sig back!!!

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

#anetplz

My MMR is so high everytime I enter Q even if im soloQing in ranked I get minimum 5-6 minute wait time.

Oh Em Gee I got my sig back!!!

Right. Well then I guess my MMR must be insanely high since I also get horrendous queue times when soloqing ranked… >.>
(I know it’s not)

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

It depends a lot on when you play also. I tend to get fairly lengthy que times; however I play at odd hours, so that’s to be expected. Back on topic, yes being trapped in the Mist is definitely a step back.

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I would rather risk missing my queue pop because of a cinematic or long loading screen and have to queue for another 8 minutes than to just sit around in the Mists doing nothing but waiting for that queue to pop. That is because waiting for 8 minutes doing nothing is worse than doing something for 16 minutes. Just warn new players with this message (or something similar) upon queuing:

“Queuing for sPvP will place you into a queue system. Once you have a spot ready to compete you will be forced into the arena upon acceptance of the queue or you will have to queue again. When the match is over you will be returned but any progress made in an instance will be reset.”

[ ]: Check the box to NEVER SEE THIS MESSAGE AGAIN.

This last part is key. It would drive me nuts If I had to queue and “X” out of this message EVERY TIME that I queued.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I would rather risk missing my queue pop because of a cinematic or long loading screen and have to queue for another 8 minutes than to just sit around in the Mists doing nothing but waiting for that queue to pop. That is because waiting for 8 minutes doing nothing is worse than doing something for 16 minutes. Just warn new players with this message (or something similar) upon queuing:

“Queuing for sPvP will place you into a queue system. Once you have a spot ready to compete you will be forced into the arena upon acceptance of the queue or you will have to queue again. When the match is over you will be returned but any progress made in an instance will be reset.”

[ ]: Check the box to NEVER SEE THIS MESSAGE AGAIN.

This last part is key. It would drive me nuts If I had to queue and “X” out of this message EVERY TIME that I queued.

The point of forcing people to stay in the mists from Anet’s design perspective is that if people are doing PvE events and actual activities, that will give people the motive to reject the queue. There was no rejecting the queue before, which was overall an improvement to reduce AFK people getting forced in.

Don’t shoot the messenger, I don’t fully support Arenanet’s philosophy on staying in the mists..

I would think the system can simply pull a replacement for people who do reject the queue, or are AFK, like it currently does, but who knows?

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Kuzuryu.7359

Kuzuryu.7359

you can tab out, do some other stuff, when the match is ready, your GW2 icon will pop orange. At least that’s for me on Win7

in PvP

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

I also think it’s a step backwards.
I really do miss popping into custom arenas or hotjoins until my que time was ready or doing pve events until que time.
I get the reason. Less que rejections from players in pve world, but being stuck in mists with absolutely nothing to do but jump around and screw with other players is pretty bad.

in PvP

Posted by: piffdaddy.8014

piffdaddy.8014

I also think it’s a step backwards.
I really do miss popping into custom arenas or hotjoins until my que time was ready or doing pve events until que time.
I get the reason. Less que rejections from players in pve world, but being stuck in mists with absolutely nothing to do but jump around and screw with other players is pretty bad.

This.
/signed
At the very least they should let us join “practice” mode while we wait for the queue like we used to. Although I personally would like to be able to queue for pvp in the pve world like old times. If anet is not willing, allowing us to practice/ custom arena is a decent compromise

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I agree that its a bit unreal. Ive had alot of 5+ min ques lately for every match and i wish they would upgrade the hotm. Maybe a jump puzzle, a dueling area, crafting tables,mystic forge, black lions trade, a skins merchant. If they had these things i pretty sure no one would complain since there is something for everyone.

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

I don’t really care if the queue time is long or what, all I care is that I can’t even do anything else while waiting for the q pop. This is so stupid and it is pulling me away from playing this game.

Yes, this is an issue that deserve much more attention than it’s currently getting. I think one of the biggest reasons less people arebqueuing is because they don’t want to be stuck in the mists being able to do absolutely nothing while they wait for a pop.

There are easy solutions to this issue!!!

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Even when the queue pops, the subsequent match is boring because conquest!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Even when the queue pops, the subsequent match is boring because conquest!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Spot-on, well-argued, concise and funny. Very well done. Are you a prodigy?

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

I will sub this. Ok for longer queue times for better matches, but :
1/ Stuck in Hotm where there is nothing to do.
2/ Can’t even leave your seat due to the confirmation mechanism.

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

I would rather have 4v5s every few matches than have to sit and do nothing in between Qs. I think most people would agree.

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

I would rather have 4v5s every few matches than have to sit and do nothing in between Qs. I think most people would agree.

Not sure about this. At least with a long queue you can still tab out and do something else while you wait for the GW2 icon to flash without being dishonoured like you would if you did that in a 4v5.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

To pass the time in the lobby. I would suggest Easter egg hunt in the lobby where players waiting for there Q or not, Would treasure hunt the lobby map. A signal would indicate that there’s X amount of treasure hidden with in the lobby. every time one is taken it’s simply deducted. You would have to look, jump & take the time to unlock the treasure. The hick is that it’s not that theirs a limited number of chest per hunt. But that when you finally find it, party or not, players would be able to interrupt you & fight you for it. This idea could actually make a great solo map.

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Before you could go do WvW or some PvE event while you waited. Why you can’t do this anymore is beyond me… There’s literally no downside in being able to play other parts of the game while you wait.

Just make it so that when the queue pops, you get ported directly to the map after you accepted.

Melder – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

they could easily shave 15 seconds off of the “waiting for players” portion of the match and add it to the Ready timer.

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

I agree.

Though I just minimize and surf the web while I wait…I still get impatient when it’s near 10 mins, but I don’t really mind most of the time.

On the flip side, it’s hard to even join queue and go use the bathroom, because if you’re not there in 15s, you have to wait again. Not really sure what the workaround would be though…

Overall I don’t mind the wait as much as I mind the horrible match ups. It’s like a complete lottery…One game it’s a 20 point difference, another game it’s 500:10. I just hate how much it fluctuates. The old, true solo Q even had better match ups.

I think (if they don’t already) they should consider the age of the character and the amount of tourney games played in the equation, because there are a LOT of PVE heroes coming in to do dailies and completely ruining the experience of ranked queue. Nothing worst than people pushing far right away just to die, and coming to cap with you…Ranked queue these days are hard to carry!

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

(edited by Amaterasu.6280)

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

they could easily shave 15 seconds off of the “waiting for players” portion of the match and add it to the Ready timer.

I agree.

Or better yet, remove the ready button.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

yeah, give us a tone when the match pop so we can play flashgames in the meantime.

in PvP

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

The ready button is their insurance for preventing 4v5s, in theory, if everyone readies up there are no AFKs and everyone is at their seats ready to play. But yeah, definitely feels like 1 step forward 1 step back to me. I think their reasoning is misguided.

[EG] is recruiting!

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i post random crap on forums while in queue, yeah definitely improvement :/

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Multibox with another GW2 account while waiting for Q.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: Belze Intilie.8436

Belze Intilie.8436

watch kitten-movies and right before you…q pop ^^

Bro Code(x) (Mesmer), Bro Tect (Guard)

in PvP

Celtus.8456

My gratitude again to the developer who said we should be locked in Heart of The Mists.

Attachments:

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

My gratitude again to the developer who said we should be locked in Heart of The Mists.

lol rip

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

We need a Guild Wars 2 card game to play while queuing.

in PvP

Celtus.8456

The match I waited 20 minutes for.

4v5

Genuinely curious, do any of the devs actually play the queues on a regular basis?

Attachments:

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

(edited by Celtus.8456)

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

+1
Should at least be able to go into a custom arena…

QFT

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

they really need to make a sticky thread for this. theres so many of these threads. everyone wants something, and if they dont i guarantee that they are not against the idea (sans trolls). i know you cant statisfy everyone but at least start trying to do something. i mean crafting stations cannot be that complicated to code.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Posted by: JEFFARR.8163

JEFFARR.8163

Devz
Such sadness
Much boredome
Very poopy
plz devz
Such sadness
Devz

in PvP

Posted by: Sunfish.5970

Sunfish.5970

Long queue times don’t exist, don’t know what you guys are even complaining about.

This 17 minute queue felt like I didn’t wait enough. Bless these instant pops, and the other 4, 10min + queues before this 17 minute one.

Attachments:

Poopy Person : (

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Before, we were punished with 4v5s when people went afk while queueing and didn’t make it back in time, because the previous system always committed players to the match - the options were only to "go now" or "wait." To fix this issue, ANet listened to us and gave us an accept/cancel prompt that players would have to "accept" within the time allotted, else they are removed from the queue. Except, because there is now a timer, ANet decided that to be fair, we must be in HoTM to queue, and if we change maps we must be removed from the queue, because for some people, the time of a loading screen could exceed the window to click accept when it pops up, causing them to miss their match and get dishonor.

So basically, before we were punished for people being inconsiderate and or daft for going afk while queued, and now there is a mechanism to protect us from that, we are being punished by not being able to do anything while waiting because people -might- be inconsiderate or daft and change maps knowing they have long loading times, and ANet put protecting the few against their own inconsiderate actions above letting the new system be the boon it was meant to be to the majority of the community. One step forward, one step back. Did the reduced number of 4v5s bring back some players to PvP? I’m sure it did, but I doubt that number was larger than the number that left because they don’t want to wait around for 5 minutes plus doing nothing in the potentially limited free time they have available.

+1 Let us hot-join, enter custom arenas, and even PvE while queued. Heck, this might even reduce queue times by bringing some people back to PvP.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

(edited by Impact.2780)

in PvP

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

ALT+TAB, then 9gag. ALT+TAB again when bar icon turns orange.

in PvP

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

“1 step forward, 2 steps back” is the modus operandi for Anet. I spend just as much time browsing the internet as I do in combat when I’m supposedly “playing” the game.

Someone or some people out there have a real talent for making bad decisions.

in PvP

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I did suggest to put a JP in the Heart of the Mists a few weeks ago:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Suggestion-Add-a-JP-to-Heart-of-the-Mists/first#post4688022

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

only problem with the JP is that every time you load in after a game you would be back at the entrance not were you left off. so if you wanted to complete the puzzle you would have to not be q’d. while it would be something to do it would also generate its own frustration. and i can understand why anet would prefer to load us at an instance entrance as its easier and faster on the servers.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Posted by: dDuff.3860

dDuff.3860

Fully agree, at least we can have a jumping puzzle in mists, waiting for Q to pop more then 3 minutes is worse then just frustrating.
Gives us hotjoins back, with this leaderboards system being tied to your gamehours, it is utterly stupid to just wait all this time without a chance to have fun.

Faeleth

in PvP

Celtus.8456

I don’t like the jumping puzzle idea. Please keep in mind there are people who PvP for hours every day. You really think a jumping puzzle will keep them entertained after 1 or 2 times through (or less)?

The only solution for me is to restore all of the privileges that were available before the December update. And find a way to make a PvP queue popup prioritize over load screens/cutscenes/etc so that it can be clicked. Even without that I’d rather wait an extra minute for people to accept/deny queue while actually being able to do what I want to do.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

(edited by Celtus.8456)