Want Better Sportsmanship - Add Retaliation

in PvP

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Nothing worse then trying to tell a team that beat you that it was a good game to have a player still trying to beat on you well after the game was up. Only creates a negative environment that will carry from game to game after that. Saw a previous poster mention this and its a good idea. Add an instant death option after scoreboard comes up that kills people still attacking. Or at least make all players green so that people have a chance to review the scoreboard. Good gaming.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in PvP

Posted by: Hubris.7436

Hubris.7436

Nah man I gotta assert my dominance after the match is over don’t take this away from me

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

Or just let him kill you because the match is over and it doesn’t matter? This lets you type, read the scoreboard, etc. while he messes around doing whatever. I don’t get the point of this I guess…

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Just ignore them.
Personally I’d dislike it if you have a nicely balanced fight towards the end and it gets interrupted so roughly. At least you get some more time like that.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I would honestly love to see a karma system that allows us to rate players, similar to what other games have done. Here’s how I imagine it:

At the end of a PvP match, you can right click a player’s name and give them a positive or negative rating. Once a player has been rated enough times for their rating to really matter, they can then be given a publicly viewable rating that averages their score against other players.

Then, hopefully, that score can also be used in matchmaking.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

I would honestly love to see a karma system that allows us to rate players, similar to what other games have done. Here’s how I imagine it:

At the end of a PvP match, you can right click a player’s name and give them a positive or negative rating. Once a player has been rated enough times for their rating to really matter, they can then be given a publicly viewable rating that averages their score against other players.

A system like that could never be abused though right?

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Nothing worse then trying to tell a team that beat you that it was a good game to have a player still trying to beat on you well after the game was up. Only creates a negative environment that will carry from game to game after that. Saw a previous poster mention this and its a good idea. Add an instant death option after scoreboard comes up that kills people still attacking. Or at least make all players green so that people have a chance to review the scoreboard. Good gaming.

I personally do not feel that is bad sportmanship at all to keep fighting after someone hits 500. That is your personal opinion and I would imagine your average player doesn’t care at all really. There are things I would imagine most people would readily agree as poor sportmanship this is not one of them.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Terrible idea. There are so many trolls in the game, they’ll just give bad karma to everyone. Even towards people with annoying builds. Good karma simply wouldn’t be passed out.. at all.. because people would forget to do so.

My gf works at a call center. She gets credit on her work via serveys. Sometimes people’s own mistakes and self frustrations will give her the worse rating ever but her peers review the recorded line and knows that she did and said everything correctly to the customer. So the company wave that bad servey on her record.

tl;dr
We already have the Report system for something like this. A Karma system would do absolutely nothing. If it’s used in matchmaking… .. you just broke gw2.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

TheGrimm.5624

Just ignore them.
Personally I’d dislike it if you have a nicely balanced fight towards the end and it gets interrupted so roughly. At least you get some more time like that.

I think its too much WvWism, something is attacking, go go go.

The fights that are in progress I get. Its the you stop attacking walked away or weren’t in combat and just start typing and here they come.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yes, of course people will abuse the system. That’s why you display the score that’s relative to the average player score.

Good, helpful players will get bad scores from bitter trolls, but they’ll also get good scores from legitimate players.

Bitter trolls, on the other hand, will only get negative scores aside from a few from their troll friends. =P

The end result may have the end result as an average of a 25% positive, but when you set that as the baseline, a player with a 40% positive will then be shown with something like an 80% positive, whereas a player with a 10% positive will have a 20% rating. That may not be the exact math used, but you get the idea.

And yea, I work at a call center and work directly with the survey data customers submit. You will always get a very low score because the people who are most likely to speak up are the ones who are upset about something. Happy people generally don’t feel as much need to give feedback. However, once you adjust your baseline, you get useable data.

in PvP

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I personally do not feel that is bad sportmanship at all to keep fighting after someone hits 500. That is your personal opinion and I would imagine your average player doesn’t care at all really. There are things I would imagine most people would readily agree as poor sportmanship this is not one of them.

It’s fine if both players keep fighting, but it’s pretty pathetic to keep try harding when one player has clearly stopped.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP: The game is over. When it is over, I sometimes check my damage stats before leaving. If someone wants to kill me, fine. Maybe they will feel better actually being able to kill me when I am not moving.

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

So what if they keep attacking you? Just ignore them, keep checking your scoreboard, keep typing. It doesn’t matter if you die, the game is over…

in PvP

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

add an option to provide auto screen shot on score page i will be very happy.

Currently i will print screen the 2nd 3rd score detail upon a match is finished and continue my fight till the last or just dismiss myself immeditately after printscreen.

in PvP

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

If I’m having a good fight at the end of the match, I don’t want to stop it abruptly, and if my opponent isn’t stopping either, then I assume he or she thinks the same. I don’t really see the problem.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

A system like that could never be abused though right?

They can, but abuse would probably be statistical noise.

If you play 1000 games and maybe 50 people “troll” you by giving you a bad review, there’s still 950 games of real feedback.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I had a thief tell me how bad I was because he was finally able to kill me when the scoreboard came up…. I lost my kitten in laughter because he was also jumping on me…

In general though it doesn’t bother me if they want to keep fighting, I’ll lay down and take it like a roufied kitten. Lay it on me!

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Is this thread for real? You can’t be serious…

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

TheGrimm.5624

@OP: The game is over. When it is over, I sometimes check my damage stats before leaving. If someone wants to kill me, fine. Maybe they will feel better actually being able to kill me when I am not moving.

It probably is WvW kicking in, it could also be the short end of match time period.

in PvP

TheGrimm.5624

So what if they keep attacking you? Just ignore them, keep checking your scoreboard, keep typing. It doesn’t matter if you die, the game is over…

So any reason not to make everyone neutral that point?

in PvP

TheGrimm.5624

add an option to provide auto screen shot on score page i will be very happy.

Currently i will print screen the 2nd 3rd score detail upon a match is finished and continue my fight till the last or just dismiss myself immeditately after printscreen.

Being able to see game stats after would be nice.

in PvP

TheGrimm.5624

If I’m having a good fight at the end of the match, I don’t want to stop it abruptly, and if my opponent isn’t stopping either, then I assume he or she thinks the same. I don’t really see the problem.

Thats different. But not spiking someone, to see them auto-rez and re-attack you? Do you see that as the same?

in PvP

TheGrimm.5624

Is this thread for real? You can’t be serious…

Yes, yes it is. Want to give a reason why you think its not a good idea? Or are you the one attacking people after the game is over since you lost and you don’t want people to give you a GG and check the score.

in PvP

TheGrimm.5624

I had a thief tell me how bad I was because he was finally able to kill me when the scoreboard came up…. I lost my kitten in laughter because he was also jumping on me…

In general though it doesn’t bother me if they want to keep fighting, I’ll lay down and take it like a roufied kitten. Lay it on me!

lol, nice. See that’s part of it. You stop and try and give some respect to the other side and then when its not returned by being attacked after its double disrepect. Maybe also too many years as a fencer has me biased.

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

I jump on people’s bodies and make snide remarks about their build/class/gameplay especially if it’s cheap. But I keep it within the boundaries of the game i.e. I don’t use profanity or racist comments.

Is that bad sportsmanship or just a part of being in a competitive environment?

I say it’s the latter

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

No this is a terrible idea. The game needs to not kick you out so fast so you can finish a fight. It’s not poor sportsmanship, it’s having fun playing the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

Yes, yes it is. Want to give a reason why you think its not a good idea? Or are you the one attacking people after the game is over since you lost and you don’t want people to give you a GG and check the score.

I know this is hard for you to imagine, but not everyone sees things from the same perspective as you do. Say one was embroiled in a close and competitive fight right as the game ends… some people like to finish for the fun of it, as—drumroll—different people have different opinions of what is and isn’t fun! People sure are fascinating, huh?

Rather than making whole threads about your jimmies being rustled by the mean man who dared to attack you after the game was over and nothing mattered anymore, why not just leave the game at that point if it bothers you that much?

Nevermind, you’re right. We should definitely change something about the game that works for the the vast majority of people because a few overly sensitive people took it way too seriously. While we’re at it, could we please remove people’s ability to kill Thieves? It feels very “unsporting” when I die as one…

(edited by Amante.8109)

in PvP

TheGrimm.5624

I know this is hard for you to imagine, but not everyone sees things from the same perspective as you do. Say one was embroiled in a close and competitive fight right as the game ends… some people like to finish for the fun of it, as—drumroll—different people have different opinions of what is and isn’t fun! People sure are fascinating, huh?

Rather than making whole threads about your jimmies being rustled by the mean man who dared to attack you after the game was over and nothing mattered anymore, why not just leave the game at that point if it bothers you that much?

Nevermind, you’re right. We should definitely change something about the game that works for the the vast majority of people because a few overly sensitive people took it way too seriously. While we’re at it, could we please remove people’s ability to kill Thieves? It feels very “unsporting” when I die as one…

lol. Suggestions are just that, suggestions. Part of the purpose of a forum is to share ideas. The purpose of thread is to get a feel from the community and see their thoughts. Concur, based on limited feedback I’m in the minority and that’s fine. Still wouldn’t mind more of a chance to take a look at the post game feedback, but again that’s me. I actually don’t know the vast majority of people though so can only go by the people I have talked about the topic with. Funny huh, actually discussing it with people versus assuming, kind of the point of a post don’t you think? And I know I am being too sensitive in my curiosity of people’s thoughts though.

I also concur that a fight in progress is fine, but this wasn’t about that. This is also more of the difference in an esport and physical one. In physical sports halt is called and you keep going, your out. But each to their own, depends where you are coming from. Anyway……good hunting.

in PvP

TheGrimm.5624

I jump on people’s bodies and make snide remarks about their build/class/gameplay especially if it’s cheap. But I keep it within the boundaries of the game i.e. I don’t use profanity or racist comments.

I say it’s the latter

Ah, stay classy son. Too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Is the guy you were fighting when the match ended still fighting you? If yes, keep it up. If he stops doing anything or starts moving away, grow up and leave him alone. Honestly, what kind of pathetic individual enjoys killing someone who is effectively afk?

Osu

in PvP

TheGrimm.5624

Is the guy you were fighting when the match ended still fighting you? If yes, keep it up. If he stops doing anything or starts moving away, grow up and leave him alone. Honestly, what kind of pathetic individual enjoys killing someone who is effectively afk?

Sadly it seems quite a number of the people on the forums like their AFK kills. More than I actually expected.

in PvP

cakeonroof.7385

I say it’s the latter

Ok fine I’ll use profanity from now on. Thank you sensei!

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

TheGrimm.5624

I say it’s the latter

Well that way they will know you truly love them and care to see them advance. You are very caring Daniel-san.

in PvP

cakeonroof.7385

I say it’s the latter

Well that way they will know you truly love them and care to see them advance. You are very caring Daniel-san.

Sorry sensei, I had an identity problem. I initially envisioned you as Master Splinter, not Mr Miyagi. But now I understand

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

TheGrimm.5624

I say it’s the latter

Sorry sensei, I had an identity problem. I initially envisioned you as Master Splinter, not Mr Miyagi. But now I understand

Splinter way cooler than Miyagi, don’t have the creds for either, but I do fall into the old category.