Warrior Dps Question Anet

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Can you please explain how engys, necros and revs basic skills do more damage? I literally can not do anymore damage. I have a dodge roll that does almost as much damage.

Rev 2 skill on sword seems to go threw endure the pain and yet when i put everything into a dps warrior i seem to only manage a tiny bit for damage then a dodge roll …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

I might need more dots but even Dh crit for more dmg smashing 1, the 1 button the 1 button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Novability.4718

Novability.4718

its not a balanced game. which is why its not worth playing the game. I 1 shot necros today with berserkers Rifle.. but would get 2 hit by an engi.. figure that out.

[TE] StormBluff Isle
Novability | X Novability X
“Retreat? Hell we just got here”

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

its not a balanced game. which is why its not worth playing the game. I 1 shot necros today with berserkers Rifle.. but would get 2 hit by an engi.. figure that out.

Easy solution:

Don’t use gunflame when they are reflecting.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

The rifle damage to me makes sense. With gunflame on the first hit i can usually hit for 7-8 damage and the 2nd one can usually hit for 10k on non ele/scrapper classes.

The other damage to me is insane. Im using the greatsword and im fighting this ele with a thief and the theif stones the ele and i cant burst the ele down with my burst skills.

Hammer and mace is for stuns and i tried axe but it lacks mobility and once again damage.

Here is the kicker for me, im having to set up these attacks but using a gap closer, using a utility skill to go into beserk mode and then use my adrenaline/skill to do burst damage.

Yet the rev presses 2, 3 and boom more damage. Guardian presses 2 and engy smashes the 1-2 button. Necro goes into reaper form and its 5 skill and 4 skill do more damage then the warriors great sword skill.

I just feel anet needs to look at the damage the weapons on all classes are doing.

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Greatsword damage is in hb.. Use dat

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Greatsword damage is in hb.. Use dat

If you look at the start of the fight, like i said the thief stoned. I used hundred blades and landed for almost 6k damage and then i used my burst skills to land 4k.

I dont want to play condi warrior anymore and all im trying to say is 3-4 other classes shouldnt do more damage then me when im using my burst skills and ive gone with a pure dps build and they are running hybrids.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Right so real quick just something to think about. With the beserk trait line you get damage buffs or condi buffs.

The traits i have atm i have +20% damage on burst use, i get 7% for using beserk mode, and 10 for extra damage in beserk mode trait. Thats a 37% damage bonus with max damage amulet and a really high damage rune.

So i posted a pic, heres my problem anet. Scrapper/rev/DH/necro/ all do more damage with lower cool downs. I did less then 2 k damage and you seriously didnt upgrade warrior at all.

Is this class just suppose to be a 2nd tier condi class? Anet/ forum moderator i would like this explained on how my BIG BURST SKILL does less damage then the others basic attacks.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Dunno man, when I play warr I’m usually top dmg done, I feel like warr dmg coefficients are in line with the meta.

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Problem isn’t warrior damage. Problem is defensive traits. Gain protection when stunned.
Gain armor when hit.
Protection is more effective.
Etc etc

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Problem isn’t warrior damage. Problem is defensive traits. Gain protection when stunned.
Gain armor when hit.
Protection is more effective.
Etc etc

Ohh i understand this but i find alot of problems with how they updated warrior.

For instance they buff rifle which is great, im hitting people for 7-12k each time when they dont have reflects.

Yet all the rifle skills seem to miss if the ground is slightly higher in a area or when they are heading up the stairs, right below me, if they are strafing really quickly, among other crap.

Now brings up the other question, if rifle is doing X damage. The other 2 dps weapons like axe and greatsword, why are they doing far less damage? Against a ele like the picture i showed above i am hitting eles for 6-8k with rifle instead of 8-10 like everyone else. On great sword im hitting for less then 2.

Now that has nothing to do with boons.

in PvP

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

The ele probably had 40% damage reduction from protection, maybe 10% from frost aura and another 10% if you were within 360 range from the earth GM minor trait while presumably using a cleric amulet and trooper runes.

Since I think damage reduction works off the base damage, that’s 60% direct damage reduction with 2,888 armour.

I agree with “Problem is defensive traits.”, no one’s going to be hitting that ele very hard without boon ripping.

in PvP

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Look at the meta, ele, rev, necro, scrapper, druid they all have protection boons. Top tier classes, look who literally has zero access to protection. Thief + warrior, you see the problem now? Did I just blow your mind?

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Inb4 warrior gets more dmg next patch because of this thread.

Let’s be serious, warrior damage is defintly not the problem. The disadvantage of the warrior in comparison to other Dmg-Bruisers is that the warrior has no teleports and not the sustain like other classes – that’s it.

DPS warrior atm is on of the dumbest and easiest builds the warrior could go for in the gamehistory. Gs3 + passive sigills, gunflame etc…. Even hambow demanded more skill.
The only reason it seems hard is that other classes are too strong and the only reason it’s unviable is the lack of teleports and survivability.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

no idea what is going on there, they must have been stacking major direct damage reduction.
my warrior deals ridiculously high damage, i don’t think it is warrior that is the issue, but other class’s sustain.

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

This Is A E-sport! 11111111111…. Eee…E-sport! !
This balance I have never see all the games I had played ~

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

Did you try condi warrior? with torch and hammer? You can do insane condi damage with it…
Ty to adapt, the real life it self isn’t balanced, so why should a game be? Nothing can be balanced while people run something, peoples mind is not designed for balance, only their ego says that, so they can relax, lie to them selves, and everything is OK.

@xeonage.1253
Your video is interesting, but try that against my Reaper, or my warrior, you die in seconds, not to mention you die in team fights instant = 1vs1 fights any trash player can play it, I’m legendary, and I win because I make difference in team fights, not 1vs1 2vs2 trash fights, if I’m 1vs1 I kill it in 5-10 sec, or I leave, and go in team fights… that’s why I’m in legendary division. And sometimes I 1vs2 so my team can win valuable points.

(edited by LordOtto.2650)

in PvP

xeonage.1253

Look at the meta, ele, rev, necro, scrapper, druid they all have protection boons. Top tier classes, look who literally has zero access to protection. Thief + warrior, you see the problem now? Did I just blow your mind?

You forgot the www…Weakness

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

While I get your point, most of the duels were about ppl just standing there tanking your AA without doing nothing, so this vid just demonstrates how easy is to deal dmg with necro.

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

xeonage.1253

Did you try condi warrior? with torch and hammer? You can do insane condi damage with it…
Ty to adapt, the real life it self isn’t balanced, so why should a game be? Nothing can be balanced while people run something, peoples mind is not designed for balance, only their ego says that, so they can relax, lie to them selves, and everything is OK.

@xeonage.1253
Your video is interesting, but try that against my Reaper, or my warrior, you die in seconds, not to mention you die in team fights instant = 1vs1 fights any trash player can play it, I’m legendary, and I win because I make difference in team fights, not 1vs1 2vs2 trash fights, if I’m 1vs1 I kill it in 5-10 sec, or I leave, and go in team fights… that’s why I’m in legendary division. And sometimes I 1vs2 so my team can win valuable points.

Do You See the Meta Build? I don’t Think Any Reaper in That Build can Die in a seconds. May Be they do 111111 on you

in PvP

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

So your problem is why can’t you 2 shot players with a Warriors melee weapons.
Not that the ranged weapon damage should be brought down.
Rightfully so,since anyway every other class is also d#rping huge amounts of dps left and right.
My experience is that Warriors can still do insane amounts of melee dps and kill you in a few seconds,all while they are invulnerable to your attacks.Not so much with GS,but mainly with the single handed offensive weapons.
They have no depth,and if you manage to evade them for that little while they will probably die,but still…2 shooting a player in a MMO game.
GW2s class balance is so FUBAR.
It used to be a joke,but GW2 time to kill is approaching FPS levels.

There are many things that make sense when you balance a game’s combat and classes,
and that is a general comment.
For example,it makes sense from a balance standpoint,that a ranged weapon will hit for less dps than a melee weapon.
It makes sense that a ranged class with strong ranged attacks won’t have as much access to evades and disengages as a melee class.
It makes sence that a class won’t be able to deal it’s maximum damage output while being covered by invulnerabilities and such.
And the list goes on.
Unfortunately none of those are applicable in GW2.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

GG balance team. Those players were pretty rubbish though, or maybe that’s my perception.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in PvP

Posted by: Astray.5802

Astray.5802

I think it can be even easier with cleric druid :P Pet+111111