Warrior gs #5 rush is 1550 range, says 1200

in PvP

Posted by: piffdaddy.8014

piffdaddy.8014

The elementalist skill ride the lightning was nerfed by not only having the cooldown doubled….but having the range cut from 1550 to 1200. Anet said this was because the 1550 range was “unintentional”. Well I just tested the warrior greatsword 5 skill rush and it says 1200 range just like RTL. It goes a fair bit further than ride the lightning does. Try it out yourself; get on an ele with dagger offhand and stand near the stairs in heart of the mists (by the armor/weapon vendors). Use a skull on the ground as a marker and remember where that skull was. Use ride the lightning and you won’t make it up the stairs. You will make it about halfway. Now get on a warrior and use rush, you will make it up the stairs no problem and even keep going a bit.

I find this really unfair considering eles had their mobility pretty much gutted and warriors get to run around with a 1550 range mobility skill when the tooltip says 1200. This ability should at least be changed to 1200 range like RTL was, and IMO it could use a longer cooldown but that is not my decision to make. Just to clarify, ride the lightning also says 1200 range. Just thought this should be brought to the developers attention.

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

In spvp there isn’t a straight line longer than 1200, I guess, so it’s not that great.

But yeah, the skill is kinda clunky, the range should be fixed, as the chance to interrupt it.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

I hope they fix this.

in PvP

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

This is the first step in new style warrior balancing. Nerf the tooltips only and buffing the actual skills.

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Just to make sure, the warrior didn’t have swiftness on it did it?

in PvP

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Could be why speedbuffs help all leap skills except for teleport skills.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

This would greatly explain why rush rarely hits and always over shoots. If you use it on any sort of champ or dungeon tough guy it will constantly run against them, but never strike and just fall flat. Numerous players have make note of all of rush’s (and all rush abilities in general) that they’re not smooth, often over shoot and fail to strike some targets. I would be happy with a fix it made it as accurate as R.T.L

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

In spvp there isn’t a straight line longer than 1200, I guess, so it’s not that great.

But yeah, the skill is kinda clunky, the range should be fixed, as the chance to interrupt it.

Doesn’t have to be a dead straight line, can have drops/etc. Pretty much every map (even Skyhammer) has areas where long-range moves come in very handy for getting away or chasing people down. Especially Forefire and Niflhel.
Engi Grenades have 1500 range traited and I’ve found myself genuinely using that kind of range quite often

in PvP

piffdaddy.8014

Nope, no swiftness on the warrior.

in PvP

Posted by: TheMerc.4850

TheMerc.4850

Fairly certain you have Warrior’s Sprint on actually, would put it in the 1500 range. After testing both in the mists without sprint up, they’re fairly close, with RTL being the spaz and sometimes going further or not as far as Rush.

The disingenuous posts on here are getting pretty annoying.

If you really want to compare Rush and Ride The Lightning you can’t just look at the movement range. Rush has terrible targetting when it comes to the actual attack portion. It constitutes 10% of a warrior’s available weapon skills while RTL is 5%. RTL certainly seems faster in getting to where it’s going, not even counting in the attack phase on Rush. And last I checked, RTL ignores movement speed decreases (after testing to make sure, it does).

So yeah, lets not mention anything else and rally for nerfs. This isn’t as bad as that idiot claiming a warrior killed 4 of them at the same time, but come the hell on.

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Fairly certain you have Warrior’s Sprint on actually, would put it in the 1500 range. After testing both in the mists without sprint up, they’re fairly close, with RTL being the spaz and sometimes going further or not as far as Rush.

The disingenuous posts on here are getting pretty annoying.

If you really want to compare Rush and Ride The Lightning you can’t just look at the movement range. Rush has terrible targetting when it comes to the actual attack portion. It constitutes 10% of a warrior’s available weapon skills while RTL is 5%. RTL certainly seems faster in getting to where it’s going, not even counting in the attack phase on Rush. And last I checked, RTL ignores movement speed decreases (after testing to make sure, it does).

So yeah, lets not mention anything else and rally for nerfs. This isn’t as bad as that idiot claiming a warrior killed 4 of them at the same time, but come the hell on.

Way to leave out the massive downside that an ele in RTL is unable to use any abilities. People always forget about that little fact when complaining about it.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

TheMerc.4850

Way to leave out the massive downside that an ele in RTL is unable to use any abilities. People always forget about that little fact when complaining about it.

You can’t do anything while Rush is going either bud. Aside from weapon swapping you have to ride out the animation. But meh research right?

in PvP

dreztina.4820

You can’t do anything while Rush is going either bud. Aside from weapon swapping you have to ride out the animation. But meh research right?

Riiight, nothing except any instant ability including shouts, stances, and signets. Have you even played a warrior?

Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

The elementalist skill ride the lightning was nerfed by not only having the cooldown doubled….but having the range cut from 1550 to 1200. Anet said this was because the 1550 range was “unintentional”. Well I just tested the warrior greatsword 5 skill rush and it says 1200 range just like RTL. It goes a fair bit further than ride the lightning does. Try it out yourself; get on an ele with dagger offhand and stand near the stairs in heart of the mists (by the armor/weapon vendors). Use a skull on the ground as a marker and remember where that skull was. Use ride the lightning and you won’t make it up the stairs. You will make it about halfway. Now get on a warrior and use rush, you will make it up the stairs no problem and even keep going a bit.

I find this really unfair considering eles had their mobility pretty much gutted and warriors get to run around with a 1550 range mobility skill when the tooltip says 1200. This ability should at least be changed to 1200 range like RTL was, and IMO it could use a longer cooldown but that is not my decision to make. Just to clarify, ride the lightning also says 1200 range. Just thought this should be brought to the developers attention.

Does RTL have 800 range if crippled ,600 if chilled and 300 range if chilled/crippled ? and 0 if immobilized too like rush has?

Also there is out of combat speed and inside of combat speed.RTL is not effected by either so while in combat where the movement speed of Rush is decreased by 33% the range is also 33% shorter.

Argument for a nerf in disguise .Im not a fan of gs myself and would rather have the lamer’s tool removed but at least try and find some decent excuse for it.If only Rush was a 1200 range no matter what like RT,well that would be an entirely different story.And a different game probably too.

in PvP

mini.6018

It is a MOVEMENT skill and like ALL movement skills it’s affected by OOC and speed buffs being buffs or debuffs.

Thief’s heartseeker travels 50% farther while in stealth,33% farther with swiftness on and it’s 50% shorter if chilled.All other jumps/leaps in the game work the same and have 33% longer range when not in combat,basic range when in combat and reduced/increased range acording with whatever condition/boon you are affected with.

Posters in this thread please get your facts straight.

(edited by mini.6018)

in PvP

TheMerc.4850

Riiight, nothing except any instant ability including shouts, stances, and signets. Have you even played a warrior?

Actually Dolyak and Might are the only signets you can use while rushing, the rest have cast times. You still can’t cancel a Rush once it’s started without swapping weapons.

Regardless, if that’s your argument you don’t really have much of a leg to stand on, the travel speed is such that if you do get hit by something, you were not paying attention.

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Did you have warrior’s sprint? Same as swiftness.

Warrior mobility should be nerfed regardless.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Zord.6130

Zord.6130

You are invlunerable during rtl, but you still take damage in rush.
do you even ele?

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]
Trixxi Is Cute – Purple Fhaz: your daily roamer

in PvP

dreztina.4820

I can’t tell if I’m being trolled or if people who play warriors are really dumb.

Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Alilinke.7690

Alilinke.7690

do you even ele?

Don’t even know if you’re being serious right now.

[nA] Professional Guild Hall Decorator

in PvP

TheMerc.4850

I can’t tell if I’m being trolled or if people who play warriors are really dumb.

Right, because disproving the guy who left a swiftness talent on when comparing distance and mentioning other things that proves you can’t compare them in a vacuum makes me a troll.

“‘massive downside’ of not being able to use being able to use instant cast abilities while using RTL.” Is the only thing you could come up with. “Watch out, that warrior is going to put out vulnerability or fear me while he’s rushing!” The only real beneficial skill I could see is dolyak or balanced stance to make sure you aren’t getting interrupted and berserker stance should already be up if you’re running out to avoid this one disadvantage it has where movement speeds slow it down, ya know?

So I don’t really buy it as being a huge advantage for warriors as you shouldn’t be using most of those instant uses during rush outside of getting out of bad situations and they should be up before you rush just to avoid movement speed decreases from the get-go.

TL;DR : Different skills are different and being disingenuous is a lame way of jumping on the warrior nerf wagon.

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

So a caster that throws fireballs from 1500 range should have a
higher mobility than a melee class? What a joke

in PvP

Posted by: Xaos.3257

Xaos.3257

do you even ele?

Not only you are not invulnerable but if you are imob, you are stuck in the animation while the enemy dps you to death. Learn the facts first.

Elementalist – Necromancer

in PvP

Zord.6130

do you even ele?

Not only you are not invulnerable but if you are imob, you are stuck in the animation while the enemy dps you to death. Learn the facts first.

Good job using rtl while immob.
There actually is no targeting skill which can hit an ele during rtl as it is too fast. Rtl is the best escape in the game, period.

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]

in PvP

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

Pindown says hai.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

in PvP

dreztina.4820

There actually is no targeting skill which can hit an ele during rtl as it is too fast. Rtl is the best escape in the game, period.

Lol, stuff like this is why the elementalist got so horrendously overnerfed. You are sitting here stating falsehoods as if they are definite fact, and the other clueless people are sitting there thinking ‘ya, this guy knows what he’s talkin’ about’

Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

typical ignorant forum goer

“fire ball” and “mobility” in the form of RtL in the same weapon, lets see, last time I check we didnt have weapon swap, I might be wrong, I havent logged in 12 hours so things might have changed in that extended period of time.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in PvP

Zord.6130

Lol, stuff like this is why the elementalist got so horrendously overnerfed. You are sitting here stating falsehoods as if they are definite fact, and the other clueless people are sitting there thinking ‘ya, this guy knows what he’s talkin’ about’

Ele is fine as it is. It’s the most balanced class out there actually, the nerf it took were necessary. The problem is that such nerfs should be applied to other classes too.
If rtl was brought back to 15s cd and 1550 distance we would see a lot more complaints about ele being op because “omg can’t kill the ele he always rtl and flees”.

Rtl is fine. Rush is fine. I just can’t stand people asking for unneeded nerfs.
And I play an Ele and a Mesmer, and hate the warrior current state as much as you do.

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]

in PvP

Posted by: DeckerDontPlay.1639

DeckerDontPlay.1639

Ele is fine as it is. It’s the most balanced class out there actually, the nerf it took were necessary. The problem is that such nerfs should be applied to other classes too.
If rtl was brought back to 15s cd and 1550 distance we would see a lot more complaints about ele being op because “omg can’t kill the ele he always rtl and flees”.

And I play an Ele and a Mesmer, and hate the warrior current state as much as you do.

Hahaha, but the exact same complaints of warrior disengaging combat is completely acceptable and “is fine”?

….wut

Rush can even be spec’d to break immobilize….

Sixes – KUM – Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Xaos.3257

Xaos.3257

Xaos.3257:

do you even ele?

You little kid made a mistake and not only you didn’t say something like "Oh my bad " or “sorry” but you tried to attack me with this noncense. YES its possible to be immob
when you try to rtl. Maybe someone is clicking his skill the exact same time with you. Or lag. Or the moon was blue at the time.

Elementalist – Necromancer

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Hahaha, but the exact same complaints of warrior disengaging combat is completely acceptable and “is fine”?

….wut

Rush can even be spec’d to break immobilize….

\Double Standards/ [at its finest]

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in PvP

mini.6018

Perfect sense would be to swap.Give Rush to eles and RTL to warriors.Would be a decent enough nerf to gs. and a buff to ele

who’s with me

in PvP

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

1200 range and fireball damage can be outhealed just by using healing signet and going afk. A warrior having the same range as caster has higher mobility than anything else? What a joke.

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

(edited by Gorni.1764)

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Rush has 1200 range UNMODIFIED. Its can be improved by warrior sprint/+25% speed runes/switfness.

in PvP

piffdaddy.8014

Rush has 1200 range UNMODIFIED. Its can be improved by warrior sprint/+25% speed runes/switfness.

So I decided to test this again and you are right; the 25% movement trait does make rush go farther. Without it, it is equal in range to RTL. My original test I didn’t take that trait into account. So, I decided to try using signet of air on my ele (which gives +25% movement speed just like warrior trait) and switch to air right before using ride the lightning (to give myself swiftness since that also makes rush go farther). RTL does not go farther with the 25% speed signet or swiftness.

This is an unfair double standard and I don’t think the trait should affect the rush ability. It should be one speed and range just like ride the lightning is. Rush has half the cooldown, and is honestly better in every way than RTL now. A warrior can escape guaranteed every 20 seconds if he uses a greatsword….how is that fair? That is why ele mobility was gutted. I have played ele since launch and I have played a warrior enough to know that disengaging is MUCH easier on the warrior because rush goes so much farther than RTL does. You may not think an additional +300 range is much, but it is honestly huge. Even if you cripple the warrior he will still be able to get away no problem with both the #3 and #5 skills on the greatsword. Cripple barely does anything to rush, and it is made up for by just using the #3 skill.

The ability to escape a fight you are losing is HUGE in tpvp. Everytime someone dies, the enemy team is rewarded with points. A good warrior will deny the enemy team those points every time. Also, the extra range allows warriors to get to another point much faster. Warriors arguably have the best mobility out of every profession. Only the old DD eles matched it, and they were gutted….all I’m saying is double standards.

in PvP

Scoobaniec.9561

snip

Im not going to discuss about rtl if its was deserved or undeserved nerf, but i can explain ya why rush is affected by +speed and rtl inst – rush unlike rtl is also affected by cripple/chill dramatically decreasing it range, while for rtl u don’t have to worry about it.

in PvP

mini.6018

snip

Im not going to discuss about rtl if its was deserved or undeserved nerf, but i can explain ya why rush is affected by +speed and rtl inst – rush unlike rtl is also affected by cripple/chill dramatically decreasing it range, while for rtl u don’t have to worry about it.

I already explained this to him but he seems to be trolling or this would have been pretty obvious already.

When he can do a 300 range RTL like Rush with chilled/cripple in a 3 second+ animation he can give us a call.Until then even a dodge covers more ground.

Also i heard you can close gaps with RTL .Try that with Rush if you want to see something funny.

(edited by mini.6018)

in PvP

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Post this issue in the bug forums, per request of the devs (see stickied topics).

Probably bugged in the same way RTL was bugged and “overshot” its limit. That got fixed fairly easily.

in PvP

piffdaddy.8014

Warriors are op

in PvP

Scoobaniec.9561

Warriors are op

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Leonschiggen.1860

Leonschiggen.1860

Pressing 5 should activate rush, but they should allow you to press 5 again anytime to activate the attack part of it.

Deathknight NA
twitch.tv/deznaito

in PvP

Scoobaniec.9561

Pressing 5 should activate rush, but they should allow you to press 5 again anytime to activate the attack part of it.

Personally i think we should get leap of faith animation also on 15cd. Rush is garbage and hitting anyone with that is like winning a lottery. Fiery gs has the same animation except it has a leap that works all the time, unlike the buggy swinging part of rush.

Why they keep trying to fix swing part of rush is beyond me. I mean really..that swing doesnt even make any sense unlike a leap.