Warrior is not OP

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

There’s been a lot of chatter lately about hybrid/condition warriors and about how overpowered they are. Frankly, it’s just not true. After warriors were pretty much ROADKILL these past 6-7 months, we finally got a buff to our sustainability, only to find that people cannot adapt!

It seems to be that players got too comfortable dealing with easy warrior kills these past two seasons, now all of a sudden, a number of you say we’re the “noob/low-skill” class again. It’s actually more like some of you need to STEP IT UP!

To my point, warriors are not OP. As a warrior main, I’ll share the weaknesses. People tend to have trouble with the condi melee-variant(sw/torch + mace/shield) so I’ll share that.

We are melee. That means we can barely disengage. Sword 2-leap is all we have. We can’t teleport, we can’t stealth, we can’t move away from the fight quickly in any substantial way. This opens us up for chills, cripples and immobilizes. Also, CC doesn’t really work on us because of our access to stab and multiple stun breaks, but soft CC like daze gives us problems. To reap the rewards for our sustainability and healing, we HAVE to hit our bursts, which brings me to this: blinds. Blinds are an obvious weakness for us. A warrior is a demolisher, if he can’t hit his target(s) then he’s easier to put down. I will say we’re ridiculously strong in 1v1, but in team fights we are vulnerable to the stuff I said above. I think Druids, Scrappers and yes, DH can handle our condi-melee builds.

All in all, we’re not invincible. We CAN be beaten.

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

in general for a group fight target the warrior first I find… they tend to be squishiest and do truly ridiculous damage if ignored. The only exception is if I can actually figure out which of those annoying copies is the real mesmer…. then he goes down first.

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: drcraig.9403

drcraig.9403

People misinterpret not being easy to kill with OP. Warriors have be so easy to kill for so long people got spoiled. Now we have some sustain so we’re OP. Everyone wants that easy kill unfortunately for them warriors can finally put up a fight.

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Marxx.5021

Marxx.5021

One season warrior sucks. Another season warrior is OP. Anet has no clue how to balance classes.

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

The fact that you felt a need to make this post kind of speaks to the opposite of what you’re actually saying though.

Not gonna comment on the build itself as I’ve yet to face anyone competent using it, but generally if a lot of people get up in arms about it there is usually a cause for that. I’m not saying people don’t whine for the sake of whining alone, 90% of “ZOMG OP” threads are just that, but when there’s a trend among half-coherent people stating the same thing you can’t just dismiss it like nothing.

That being said, like most people I think this game is not in a good state at the moment – the old tactical gameplay which made GW2 so fun is completely gone due to gimmicky builds, at least in lower leagues where I am.

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

The reason why you people think warrior is OP is because you didn’t ever play it. You just played against it, and in season 1-2 you didn’t ever struggled against them, you just ignored them. Now that you never seen a youtube video how to counter them, you get upset?! You didn’t read metabattle ?! That’s the real problem, you don’t think, you don’t know what profession to use against an enemy team composition, because you don’t think, you just cry, you cried against DH, you cried against Reaper, I told you before 1 week condi warrior next meta, everybody ignored that forum message, and earlier 1 week season 2 I told on forum that Condi necro next meta, nobody listened.
Condi War is only good in good hands, if you don’t understand it you die fast, it’s a high risk, very high, I can kill with my war another war in 6 sec, or they can kill me fast too, it’s a huge risk, with high reward, or high loss. The only thing is I know when to use my War, and what traits, skills, not like metasheetbattle, and against what enemy composition. That’s why I will be again season 3 Legendary division player!

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Classic Perception.2507

Classic Perception.2507

Truth statements:

1. Warrior is not op
2. The whole game right now hasn’t been that well balanced in a long time
3. The only class suffering from imbalance might be dragonhunters (it’s fine in leagues, but can’t really manage in ESL).

About warriors: The debate and the rage shouldn’t be about warriors being op but how stupid its mechanisms are. A lot of players are raging at it because:

-Passive endure pain at 50%
-Passive good regen
-Passive conditions (a lot of conditions) on 1 or more interupts /very easily apply condition stacks (i.e. burning stacks)

RIP warriors being a beautiful class.

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Stigas.9378

Stigas.9378

I’m with the other guy. Your post is a replica of every class’ plea when they know they’ve got something really strong, in every MMO I have ever played.

Real life analogy would be you calling the police on your own volition to proclaim your innocence of a crime you’re accused of but not yet charged. It’d be pretty kittening dumb, right?

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Zeghart.9841

Zeghart.9841

Why did you even make this thread? You’re just giving the QQers attention.

Warrior isn’t even meta at the moment.
At best it can replace Necro in a team, but even that’s somewhat debatable.

People simply have no idea how to play against them since Warrior has been trash for two whole seasons. Once they get killed enough, they’ll learn. Hopefully.

It has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime.
What better place than here? What better time than now?

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

JTGuevara.9018

Man! All this player saltiness could fill an ocean lol!

Now I know how mesmers feel. :P

Seriously though, I posted condi warrior’s weaknesses in my first post. They can be beaten.

Let’s not repeat the same mistake as with mesmer, specifically MOA nerf, which to me was totally unnecessary.

(edited by JTGuevara.9018)

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Whats funny is Power Warrior is actually Condi Warriors hard counter. Here I am crapping all over these “meta” warriors with their “meta” builds as power. Just laughing as Smash Brawler and CI negates their damage with zero power damage from their amulets. All these new kids flocking to a class they know nothing about.

Welcome to the fun chumps.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

Man! All this player saltiness could fill an ocean lol!

Now I know how mesmers feel. :P

Seriously though, I posted condi warrior’s weaknesses in my first post. They can be beaten.

Let’s not repeat the same mistake as with mesmer, specifically MOA nerf, which to me was totally unnecessary.

Just because it’s possible to beat them doesn’t mean they aren’t overtuned. The way I see it, there are three problems.

1) CI bug that cleanses 6 conditions. Should be fixed so you can’t lol nope other condi.

2) Extreme condi burst that is poorly telegraphed. I’ve received enough condis to down me in one tick with barely any tells. If I need to get close because I’m a melee class, I should be able to count on animations I can react to.

3) Passive invuln. Whether or not it’s actually OP, it’s just no fun to play against. This isn’t just a warrior issue either.

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

One season warrior sucks. Another season warrior is OP. Anet has no clue how to balance classes.

You could argue that you know something is “balanced” when some say something is broken and others say it isnt with good reasons.

The problem really isnt if condi warrior is strong or not because at the end of the day im pretty sure there are reasonable counters to condi warrior. The real problem is we are just talking about condi warrior. what about hybrid? or power?

All what these devs are doing is shifting builds around . Today, a build and one build only for one class works, tomorrow that build (or the class as a whole) suddenly doesnt.

What worries me the most is people are always quick to celebrate a buff without checking to see if it it is real balance where people are free to experiment or if it is just one build or class swapped for another. Condi warriors celebrate now, but how long will it last? definitely not for long

As it is now, i cant even bring myself to play this league because these devs havent learned a single thing, not one. Its insane.

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

I once said and say it again for you low brained condi war haters:
The condi dmg is good, but with what amulet, what cost? We need to be super fast, watch our back, super focused, because if we land 1 hit wrong, or not block when needed, or not using our skills perfectly, we die very fast. The risk is huge with warriors, and we can die fast. The reason why you die so fast against warriors, it’s because you don’t use stun breakers, maximum 1, that’s the truth.
Welcome to smash meta! I can adapt to anything, while you figure it out that 1-2 profession is very good, I’m way ahead of you with min 1-2 weeks, and can learn that profession perfectly, and the top is the legendary.
Adapt or die, use your head or die! I use Head But!
And if you come at me with "if all professions would be evenly balanced, then you would play as me/us, and the rest of the other pros too:…pfaaaaaaaaaa don’t even dare to write that! If it weren’t for us legendary/pro players, who come up with good builds, and show you how to play it at maximum, then you would play with those god like professions like little children. You people always need to watch a youtube video or metabattle, because you can’t use your brains! No creativity, no logic, no strategy… just crying, and there are only few person who actually write a good topic about good professions unbalanced, you don’t even know why they are not balanced, just cry… how are you living in the real world?! Is it hard?

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Just because it’s possible to beat them doesn’t mean they aren’t overtuned. The way I see it, there are three problems.

1) CI bug that cleanses 6 conditions. Should be fixed so you can’t lol nope other condi.

Agreed.

2) Extreme condi burst that is poorly telegraphed. I’ve received enough condis to down me in one tick with barely any tells. If I need to get close because I’m a melee class, I should be able to count on animations I can react to.

Of all the professions you complain about Warrior Telegraphs? You serious? Go duel a warrior, have him throw a few Skull Grinders at you, it’s beyond easy to tell.

What’s probably happening is that the Warrior is outplaying you here, baiting your defenses out and comboing you at the end of your dodge. We kind of have to in order to be competent players, everyone else is trash.

3) Passive invuln. Whether or not it’s actually OP, it’s just no fun to play against. This isn’t just a warrior issue either.

I hate to really bring it up time and time again, but Warriors do not have an invuln. In fact, the closest thing right now to that would be Endure Pain since Berserker Stance got reworked to a Resistance giver. Condis are still going to wreck Endure Pain.

Trust me when I say this, the moment CI gets fixed for Scorching Earth procs Warriors will definitely be easier to deal with in this meta. 6 condis cleared is obscene for anyone, 3 condi clears is something anyone can work around.

Ironically enough, Power Warrior also does a great job at handling Condi War, which speaks volumes about how close Warrior is to being fine.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Nerf might stacking/generation and stance duration and warriors will be fine. Healing Signet has always been one of the most OP heals as has been Defiant Stance, much like Revenant’s Glint heal.

Warriors do such ridiculous damage because they can might stack so easily and their base numbers on greatsword are ridiculously large.

What other class has a 6.5 sec cd weaponskill that cleaves for 50k+ damage in PvE?

In PvP a warrior with 100b takes off 2/3 of a 2300 toughness condi ranger’s HP. That’s a toughness specced shamans ranger, it’s absurd.

Not even thief backstabs hit that hard, and the warrior has enough CC combos to assure a 100b landing, between headbutt/bull’s charge and mace/shield.

Similarly, warrior hammer autoattacks and skills do pretty high base damage.

Warrior scalings need to be tweaked so warriors need to invest as much into offense and be as vulnerable as a berzerker ele or thief to do the kind of damage a warrior is doing.

Problem is that warrior is essentially a berk thief/ele with double the HP, a bunch of immunity stances, tons of condi clear, and high base weapon damage.

At least ele requires plenty of finesse and might stack rotations to do its damage while a warrior only needs to hit someone with their greatsword and profit off 15+ might stacks.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

Of all the professions you complain about Warrior Telegraphs? You serious? Go duel a warrior, have him throw a few Skull Grinders at you, it’s beyond easy to tell.

I’m not saying they have no telegraphed skills. Gunflame is a great example of something I am totally fine with, even if I get hit and it one shots me.

I’m not sure what exactly happened in the fight I referred to. Me and a war were going back and forth a bit. I evaded a good deal of what he was throwing at me and everything seemed fine. Then I went in to put on a little pressure and within about 1/2s I had a myriad of condis and died to the first tick. I didn’t look at the combat log unfortunately, so I can’t say what it was. Any ideas? I imagine there was a geomancy and doom proc on weapon swap, but that’s all I got.

What’s probably happening is that the Warrior is outplaying you here, baiting your defenses out and comboing you at the end of your dodge. We kind of have to in order to be competent players, everyone else is trash.

I wouldn’t say a condi warrior vs something with 12k health really needs to do much outplaying. If anything I was at a severe disadvantage based on my build. I had plenty of defenses left, but when you get hit once and die in one second, there’s not much you can do.

(edited by Zodryn.4216)

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Zenith.7301

Well, the warrior will bait out defenses alone just from trading normal skills/autoattacks with you, given that he has a larger health pool and his sustained damage from autoattack outdamages pretty much anything but revenant and thief.

You cannot toe to toe a warrior, and yet warriors have plenty of mobility to stick on you.

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Nerf might stacking/generation and stance duration and warriors will be fine. Healing Signet has always been one of the most OP heals as has been Defiant Stance, much like Revenant’s Glint heal.

Warriors do such ridiculous damage because they can might stack so easily and their base numbers on greatsword are ridiculously large.

What other class has a 6.5 sec cd weaponskill that cleaves for 50k+ damage in PvE?

In PvP a warrior with 100b takes off 2/3 of a 2300 toughness condi ranger’s HP. That’s a toughness specced shamans ranger, it’s absurd.

Not even thief backstabs hit that hard, and the warrior has enough CC combos to assure a 100b landing, between headbutt/bull’s charge and mace/shield.

Warrior scalings need to be tweaked so warriors need to invest as much into offense and be as vulnerable as a berzerker ele or thief to do the kind of damage a warrior is doing.

Problem is that warrior is essentially a berk thief/ele with double the HP, a bunch of immunity stances, tons of condi clear, and high base weapon damage.

At least ele requires plenty of finesse and might stack rotations to do its damage while a warrior only needs to hit someone with their greatsword and profit off 15+ might stacks.

I laughed so hard. You almost sound like you might know what you’re talking about.

That aside – warrior isn’t OP in this meta at all.
It’s just people’s reactions.

I’ve gotten into matches with:
3 necros, 3 eles, 3 scrappers and 3 revs all on my team – nobody say anything. Like it’ all good.
The moment you get even 2 warriors (god forbid 3) on the same team other players are like" Omg warrior is the new necro " or " look so many wars gg".

It’s just that warrior has been so rare in PvP people automatically freak when they see one.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

In no way is the warrior OP.

End of story.

I sincerely hope that arena-net has experienced enough of players working with their balance teams to confirm this.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Furajir.3815

You have zero clue what youre talking about. So now its both condi and power you have an issue with? I guess a 9s resistance buff on a 60s cd and a 4s MELEE immune only stance on a 60s cd is too op?

15 might stacks just off GS attacks? You do realize you have to go Strength line to even get might on crit which noone takes unless they run vanilla.

Corner, now.

RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Of course it’s not OP.

It happens all the time.

Someone finds some combination of traits and skill that is bugged, and does way more than it should.

Then some people exploit it, give the build to friends who also exploit it, and things get out of hand until the exploit is fixed.

Then none of the exploiters gets banned, because for some reason using the obviously broken build is considered ‘normal gameplay’.

Figures.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

People suddenly realize warriors exists now and complain without trying to find ways to beat them.

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Sykper.6583

I’m not saying they have no telegraphed skills. Gunflame is a great example of something I am totally fine with, even if I get hit and it one shots me.

I’m not sure what exactly happened in the fight I referred to. Me and a war were going back and forth a bit. I evaded a good deal of what he was throwing at me and everything seemed fine. Then I went in to put on a little pressure and within about 1/2s I had a myriad of condis and died to the first tick. I didn’t look at the combat log unfortunately, so I can’t say what it was. Any ideas? I imagine there was a geomancy and doom proc on weapon swap, but that’s all I got.

If I had to imagine how it was pulled off, or rather how I would go about it, this would have been a perfect Skull-Grinder after a swap from LB or perhaps SwTr. He was likely in Berserk while you were pressuring him, and was building up adrenaline and waiting for your next act. Skull-Grinder would pepper you with conditions, and if he interrupted you and was running Distracting Strikes, you would take an 8 stacks of confusion tick on your next action.

I wouldn’t say a condi warrior vs something with 12k health really needs to do much outplaying. If anything I was at a severe disadvantage based on my build. I had plenty of defenses left, but when you get hit once and die in one second, there’s not much you can do.

I believe someone in another thread described it best, a Warrior in Berserk is something you absolutely do not want to be in melee of, in fact aside from the constant CI cleanses, many of the build’s defenses kick in like Last Blaze (5k heal from fatal blow while in Berserk) and likely enough, he’s running Eternal Champion for the 1 Stability every second while in Berserk.

The best course is kite the Berserk Warrior and bring him down around half, and while he is out of Berserk for 15 seconds is your best opportunity to condi or burst him down. In fact, the build runs no Stability outside of Eternal Champion, the Warrior would die fairly quickly under unblockable CC. Thieves are an excellent +1 against warriors for this reason.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

A lot of people dropped warrior due to their blue chip nature..sometime they’re up, sometimes they’re really down.

because of this, it seems people have gotten how to deal with them. I felt my warrior had become stronger this meta, then I played rev. I haven’t met a warrior yet that whilst playing rev didn’t get anmnihilated.

With only one stun break in outrage that they use to follow through head butt their playstyle is magnificently predictable. They also still have the most O.P animations.

Combine these 2 together and you may have a burning/bleed death machine..but its a machine that is entirely predictable and massively over telegraphed and communicated.

The more I play thru my alts, the more I am finding it is warrior that can’t adapt. It has a entry level build for power and condi and both adhere to the exact same mechanics to be successful;
Head butt-outrage-berserk mode..

it’s laughable people are struggling with this when you already know what they hoping to achieve the moment you see one.

They have to use their only stun break just to use their own skills. They have tonnes of cleanse, but no protection for direct damage. Their ranged attack is slow and their leap finishers and gap closers are jerky.

Sure, they can produce a lot more damage now which is great for raids and fractals and big bosses that don’t move, but against live players they still have limited team benefits, no deversity in how they are played, highly predictable and pretty much only well suited to defending home.

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

This thread is a joke, right? The build you’re defending was already competitive and many warriors were able to get to Legendary in S1 and S2 with it, even by solo Q. Sure, there were more “optimal” professions in ESL, but warrior was no slouch.

Then, Anet nerfed the hell out of Reaper, Scrapper, Mesmer, Druid, Tempest, Revenant and ignorantly buffed a build on warrior that was already very strong.

Even without the buff to warrior, this particular build would be OP since everyone else got nerfed. Anet should never buff and nerf in the same patch as it creates this sort of power leap. If you can be bothered to look at my post history, you’ll see that I’ve got posts ~ 6 months old detailing how strong the build was and how it only seemed weak because every other profession was overtuned.

What’s funny is that the “meta” build isn’t even the best version of it for team play. It’s possible to nuke the entire team on point and drop them in under 5 seconds. When I play with a friend, I get him to go in first to “pull aggro” and I leap in and nearly instantly drop half the team before they can call target and focus me. This was possible even when people were running super tanky amulets that are no longer in the game.

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I also enjoy that 21 days this was all directed at condi mesmer..which nothing has changed there, the lynch mob has mobbed on to its next scape goat was to why they aren’t winning.

Reality check 101…
Rev still has insane damage and CC
Scrapper is still massively tanky
Ele still has impressive healing and auras and little else
Dragonhunter is below par
Thief has had an indirect buff
Mesmer is still the aphex hunter
Necro is still the silent achiever
Ranger is still a nerf dumpster

yet, warrior is the profession called into question about what is wrong currently. Where were this vocal group a year ago when warrior was trash tier?..probably on their D/D celestial ele talking about how ele was well balanced and fine.

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Zenith.7301

You have zero clue what youre talking about. So now its both condi and power you have an issue with? I guess a 9s resistance buff on a 60s cd and a 4s MELEE immune only stance on a 60s cd is too op?

15 might stacks just off GS attacks? You do realize you have to go Strength line to even get might on crit which noone takes unless they run vanilla.

Corner, now.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endure_Pain

Not just melee attacks.

Come join in the corner, it’s cozy here.

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Corner, now.

Not just melee attacks.

What do you mean by not just melee attacks?

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Corner, now.

Not just melee attacks.

He wants overall damaged nerfed.

Not surprising whenever something is deemed OP. Overnerfs will be asked.

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Killdozer.5731

Killdozer.5731

Corner, now.

Not just melee attacks.

Really try and do some research before posting you clearly have no idea how warriors work and are just on a witch hunt to save your bruised ego. Less emotion, more logic and reason please.

(edited by Killdozer.5731)

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Sunfish.5970

Sunfish.5970

Warrior isnt OP.

Ice Climber Popo is OP. You’re welcome, warrior fwinds xd

Poopy Person : (

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Warrior isnt OP.

Ice Climber Popo is OP. You’re welcome, warrior fwinds xd

You should not be here. You should be banned for haxing.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

2016 and people still don’t know when to burst/when not to waste your skills and what CC is

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Furajir.3815

Corner, now.

Not just melee attacks.

Like, what is this? Not sure if serious.

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

JTGuevara.9018

I’d like to emphasize more weaknesses of warrior.

NO protection
NO invulns
NO evades

If we had the above, we would be GODLIKE. Again, keep in mind that despite what others may say, WE LACK MOBILITY. Other profs should take advantage. Reapers certainly did these past two seasons when they crippled us with chill. We struggle to get from point A to point B as we should, it’s a profession tradeoff for our high base stats. We actually have to…..-gasp-

…RUN over to our opponents! Yes RUN, with both feet!

Heh imagine that! Yes, we know that you know that we’re going to attack you! Grraaaaahh!

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Brighteluden.2974

Brighteluden.2974

Warrior is not OP as much Necro wasn’t OP and you saw what happened there, good luck.

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

JTGuevara.9018

Warrior is not OP as much Necro wasn’t OP and you saw what happened there, good luck.

Ugh don’t remind us. Warriors will get nerfed to oblivion AGAIN if the balance team acts hastily. They ALREADY did with mesmer and moa. Let’s NOT keep repeating these mistakes!

Warrior is fine.

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Sykper.6583

And yet we still see Necros being played.

In fact, a lot of professions except for maybe Guardian are seeing play right now, just because Warrior is now viably a threat doesn’t scream that it needs to never be seen again.

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Ugh don’t remind us. Warriors will get nerfed to oblivion AGAIN if the balance team acts hastily. They ALREADY did with mesmer and moa. Let’s NOT keep repeating these mistakes!

Warrior is fine.

It’s too late I fear. I wager they are gonna kill powerbuilds as well. And nerf Adrenal health under the guise that they feel ‘’that warrior is overperforming in the sustain department’’*cough, cough still below scrappers, druids and tempests cough cough*

They will prolly do something about the double endure pain. *cough Crystal Hibernation, Elxir S, Obsidian flesh, signet of stone.,stealth gyro..

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

The fact that you felt a need to make this post kind of speaks to the opposite of what you’re actually saying though.

If condi/hybrid war is so op, why is it an easy matchup for my power war to beat?

XD

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Raccoon.5876

Raccoon.5876

It isn’t so much that warrior is OP, it’s more that it’s a mongo-mode class. Something that easy should not be that good. Warrior needs to be made harder to play, not weaker.

Raccuna – Sanctum of Rall

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Sykper.6583

It isn’t so much that warrior is OP, it’s more that it’s a mongo-mode class. Something that easy should not be that good. Warrior needs to be made harder to play, not weaker.

We need to clear the air about this.

Tell me, do you know the intricacies of playing a Warrior competitively? What a Warrior has to do compared to other professions? I’ll give you a hint, it involves perfection. Literal perfection if you want to compete with anyone proficient at another profession. Because you have less tools than everyone else. That’s what it means to play a Warrior, it might be the easiest to pick up, but you have to be the god-kitten best at it to even compete with an elementalist of a slightly lower caliber.

This hasn’t changed since day 1.

Edit: I wanted to follow-up and say I agree, warrior could use more depth and by that function more tools. It is because we are so simple that our opponents use that against us so easily that we can’t afford mistakes, ever.

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”

(edited by Sykper.6583)

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Raccoon.5876

Raccoon.5876

Tell me, do you know the intricacies of playing a Warrior competitively? What a Warrior has to do compared to other professions? I’ll give you a hint, it involves perfection. Literal perfection if you want to compete with anyone proficient at another profession. Because you have less tools than everyone else. That’s what it means to play a Warrior, it might be the easiest to pick up, but you have to be the god-kitten best at it to even compete with an elementalist of a slightly lower caliber.

I have an 80 warrior I leveled the hard way. It’s not may main, my engi is. I stand by my assertion, warrior is easy mode.

Edit: I saw your edit. Yes, what you said is my point. ANET need to make warrior more challenging with more depth instead of a nerf-buff to OP-nerf cycle to appease the oven mitt crowd.

Raccuna – Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Raccoon.5876)

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

Condi warrior is OP because of that stupid bow bug.

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Sykper.6583

I have an 80 warrior I leveled the hard way. It’s not may main, my engi is. I stand by my assertion, warrior is easy mode.

Edit: I saw your edit. Yes, what you said is my point. ANET need to make warrior more challenging with more depth instead of a nerf-buff to OP-nerf cycle to appease the oven mitt crowd.

I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t a misconception. IMO I would love there to be more depth, but they better give us as many tools as everyone else. This kind of discussion has been raging on the Warrior forums for years, the dozens of suggestions have been made and I have read oh so many of them.

At that same point, I am definitely seeing some extremely lack-luster warriors in SPvP over the past few days that prove my point, sometimes not even playing FOTM will save you. And I certainly don’t want what happened to Warrior in S1 and S2 to happen to anyone ever again.

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Zenith.7301

Corner, now.

Not just melee attacks.

4s MELEE immune stance is not true. It’s a complete PHYSICAL damage immunity. Which involves ranged projectiles, not just melee strikes.

Just because conditions affect you during Endure Pain does not make it ONLY MELEE.

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

JTGuevara.9018

Again! Warriors keep being pigeon-holed as the “easy” class, what NONSENSE. Warriors are SIMPLE, NOT EASY. It has its trade-offs like any other profession. A warrior’s moves are simple, but hard to execute. Take skull crack, for example. Just TRY to hit a daredevil with that. I dare ya! Not so “easy” is it? Guess what? It takes practice to pull off.

Just where were you people when Herald, Scrapper, Reaper, Chrono, Druid were tearing the house down? Warriors could not even COMPETE. They punched way above their weight. Now, all of a sudden, people want to come here and talk about warrior?! I mean come on.

I went into a game facing a team of THREE condi-warriors. Guess what? We won 500-180. They are manageable.

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

There’s a ton of classes and builds that flat out counter warrior.

If you put down your fav S3 meta build and bring them along, you’ll see how silly calling war OP is XD

Warrior is not OP

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Warriors hit like a truck and gives you conditions…

But I can dodge a warriors attack, I can block warriors attack, their tells is quite obvious, I can evade warriors attacks, I can reflect their projectiles and I can keep my distance from warriors.

Many say Necro is bad but for me, necro and Rev are still my necro. Warriors keep me on high alert but necros are more like ‘I hope that necro player isn’t lucky spamming his AoEs’

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]