Warrior is overpowered

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

At least warrior dies when tunneled. Compared to mesmers and thieves where it’s just evade/block spam on every other skill.

But I’m a necro so I guess I’m just biased.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: charchar.2149

charchar.2149

Trolls will troll. L2P I guess.

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

Do you knoW that necro has unblokable marks, fear, daze, shout makes unblokable with 6 sec so what the prob with bloks for you? There is evades for thief and 1 immune for the mesmer (4 sec) so i think your death shroud can handle it.

Also you have one of the best power and condi damage. Just make you unblokable wait 4 sec and kitten all of mesmer/thief you see.
Better, tag with a tempest friend healer. You will become the incarnation of death in the match .

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

It makes me cringe how massively overpowered warrior is in gw2. The class is god mode, is this some kind of sick joke or whats going on???

Why do you think it is op? And what class do you main?

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

“X Class kills me because I couldn’t dodge the necessary, Class X is OP, my class Weak plsBuffz”

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Correction: it is too easy to play.

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

So are most of the classes

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

So are most of the classes

Nah, warrior and dragonhunter stand above the rest. It’s just that mastering it completely takes a bit more skill, but still less than others. Always was like this.

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

Warrior is what warrior should be.

What do you expect from a close range melee offensive class? You think a DH should be more dps overall? Necro reaper is ok?
Most classes are OP now. And that balances well. Only Rev needs fixing and some buffs.

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Rev

fixing

buffs

Every patch we need nerf to nerfnant and only bug fixes that works in favor of rev. No exceptions. Its gw tradition.

Attachments:

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: Rap Tiger.1257

Rap Tiger.1257

It’s not, you need to train more and stop being nerf demanding at all, the only class that needs a real buff is the revenant.

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Actually, I can beat a war about 1/2 the time on Mesmer. It’s frustrating that they are the fastest class on the field and have a much better stun/burst.

This is a heavy melee class that is also mobile enough to out roam me. That doesn’t make sense.

Mesmerising Girl

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

BadMed.3846

How exactly can a warrior be faster than your ports and blink? Or even thief shortbow and swiftness on dodge? Sure warrior has faster movement speed with melee weapons and GS offers some great mobility, still it can’t match your mobility. Eg, you can teleport up on maps like Khylo, warrior can’t.

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

First, ports and blinks are long cooldown items not generally used for speed. A warrior has a much higher average speed.

Second, there is not a single place, NOT ONE, that a blink can go that is not accessible through a very quick jump or series of jumps.

Fighting a warrior without a preset port is a win or die situation, they can easily out run me and a blink, at best gives me one or 2 seconds before the war will be on me.

In most fights, I will only get time to use blink once. Wars have multiple rush and fast motion options. They are more mobile by far in an actual fight.

I have basically one option and that is to avoid ALL of the warrior’s stuns and bursts , (both of which are more effective than those of Mesmer ) wait through there period of immunity to damage, avoid there fire field heal and finally … having lasted that long, hope that I don’t get +1’d before I can down them.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

You don’t use ports/blinks for speed? So if you are running up on a point and the enemy is 2 ticks away from capping/decapping the point, you don’t blink to get there faster?

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

In my calculus for a fight… I’d most likely save the blink unless I thought I could win easily.

Mesmerising Girl

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

BadMed.3846

A warrior has a much higher average speed.

So then here’s the issue. For ranged class, their walking speed is too slow and the Warrior with a GS can slow them down further and catch them with the traited speed boost. Potentially reducing the speed boost % offers a solution. However, it it goes too low, it will become very hard for a Warrior to catch ranged classes. That’s the nature of this game. Ranged need to be able to smartly disengage and melee need to be able to get in close range.

In terms of on point damage and ability to pin down ranged there, I don’t think there’s any issue. If you are ranged, you can’t expect to fight a warrior head on. Defeats the purpose of the class.

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

BadMed.3846

You don’t use ports/blinks for speed? So if you are running up on a point and the enemy is 2 ticks away from capping/decapping the point, you don’t blink to get there faster?

That’s exactly where some ranged classes complain. They waste their getaways to get to a side point and expect to fight warrior there head on. Ain’t gonna work!

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

Warrior is not overpower, only the good warrior is overpower or those cheating, lol, that 1 shot you dead with a rifle while your on your way to fight them and died mid way to a cap point.

Guild Wars 2 Forever

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

In my calculus for a fight… I’d most likely save the blink unless I thought I could win easily.

I guess it’s different with ele. I use lightning flash to get on point quick and hold until my teammate with some actual dps shows up to kill the enemy. My strategy is never leave the point while fighting, and i’ll usually end up getting the point before killing the enemy, every time i see them step out of the circle, i’ll use an immob or knockdown to delay them getting back on point. I don’t try this on guardians though…

(edited by R O C.6574)

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Mesmer doesn’t have the sustain to get away with that. I do the same on Tempest.

Mesmerising Girl

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

warrior is too strong.

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

So then here’s the issue. For ranged class, their walking speed is too slow and the Warrior with a GS can slow them down further and catch them with the traited speed boost. Potentially reducing the speed boost % offers a solution. However, it it goes too low, it will become very hard for a Warrior to catch ranged classes. That’s the nature of this game. Ranged need to be able to smartly disengage and melee need to be able to get in close range.

In terms of on point damage and ability to pin down ranged there, I don’t think there’s any issue. If you are ranged, you can’t expect to fight a warrior head on. Defeats the purpose of the class.

Untrue. If I can’t defeat a warrior ( and I can some of the time ) it defeats the purpose of a roaming class such as Mesmer or Thief. What does it matter if I roam and can’t take a point?

Mesmerising Girl

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: AZ MILITIA.3942

AZ MILITIA.3942

The Warrior is not OP he is easy countered by necro. Only time Warrior can usually beat necro is when necro starts because he starts with no life force. I honestly think warrior is a little weak in DPS so is necro in their own ways.

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

BadMed.3846

Untrue. If I can’t defeat a warrior ( and I can some of the time ) it defeats the purpose of a roaming class such as Mesmer or Thief. What does it matter if I roam and can’t take a point?

The role of ranged light roaming class is not to get to an enemy point where a warrior already is and take it head on. If you think so, you’re mistaken. You will have to range it and kill it before taking the point.

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Warrior stands out as the strongest in smaller fights, only countered by necro. Its like fighting a reapershroud but more damage

Bad Elementalist

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: Poelala.2830

Poelala.2830

The Warrior is not OP he is easy countered by necro. Only time Warrior can usually beat necro is when necro starts because he starts with no life force. I honestly think warrior is a little weak in DPS so is necro in their own ways.

“Class x is not OP because it has one counter.” Lol, okay.

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: princode.2750

princode.2750

agree thts amazing funny….counter only by 1 class and all warrior player say is L2 dodge. sounds familiar….back when d/d ele is OP its also been counter by 1 class nerco and d/d player say its not op learn to dodge

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

BadMed.3846

Warrior can take down a mesmer
Necro can take down warrior
Thief can take down a necro
Mesmer can take down a DH, necro, druid and so on
Necro can take down a druid
DH can take down a thief while afk
Druid can take down DH……
Revenant can be there and spectate it all
Vault thief accidentally takes many down
….. It goes on and on endlessly

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Druid can take down DH……

Elementalist follows the Revenant and cheer for the winner

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

BadMed.3846

Druid can take down DH……

Elementalist follows the Revenant and cheer for the winner

I always forget the washing machine.

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

actually drazeh spoke quite openly about how DH counters warrior very hard which is why he liked it much more because it affects the game more. but anyone can counter either of those classes by dodging their mechanics.honestly if you want to learn how to beat a warrior or what its weak to go to the warrior section in this forum. plenty of “warrior is op threads” get moved there and get a ton of people explaining very well why they are incorrect.

im bad at sarcasm

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Rev

fixing

buffs

Every patch we need nerf to nerfnant and only bug fixes that works in favor of rev. No exceptions. Its gw tradition.

The funny thing about Rev is, that all the class needed after season 2 was the Sword2 und Staff5 nerf it got after season 4. If ANet would not have touched Shiro skills (energy costs, cooldowns and endurance gain), Power/Shiro would be in a very good spot. But now it is overnerfed.

Revenant is a good example for a clueless nerfing strategy. And unfortunately ANet usually does not revert nerfs but tries to fix the situation by buffing other things – what results in a complete mess.

(edited by KrHome.1920)

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

The funny thing about Rev is, that all the class needed after season 2 was the Sword2 und Staff5 nerf it got after season 4. If ANet would not have touched Shiro skills (energy costs, cooldowns and endurance gain), Power/Shiro would be in a very good spot. But now it is overnerfed.

Revenant is a good example for a clueless nerfing strategy. And unfortunately ANet usually does not revert nerfs but tries to fix the situation by buffing other things – what results in a complete mess.

Describes my last 3-4 years on Thief in PvP

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

Rev

fixing

buffs

The funny thing is that outside said surge and block staff sux and it wasnt properly reworked/buffed (looking at you skill 2 and healing orbs..), i dont mind sotm nerf but there also should be buffs not more nerfs to block.

The funny thing about sword – its the only weapon in game that has skills which split up damage to targets rather than deal it equally to everyone like.. all skills ingame. Imagine any aoe/cleave skill doing only 33% damage to your target cause theres 2 clones/2minions or pet+player near your target.

This is ridiculous already right? Its get even more ridiculous when you account in autoattack which scale up with enemies around increasing it dps unlike sword 2 n 3 which are dps loss at this point due to their split damage. So in the end you have a weapon that goes against it desing and it doesnt know what it want to do. With auto you want to stack as many targets as possible but with skill 2 and 3 you want only 1 target in radius. Where is the synergy? Its a kittening mess that to this day wasnt addressed. Id say all swords nerfs need to be reverted, PS being bring back to it utility status and sword 3 reworked so it actually work like channeled single target ability.

Also you know whats funny? While everyone complains about PS damage and what not, there are other similiar skills which does as much if not more damage and providing more utility yet they are completely reliable and they doesnt split damage nor cost any energy to cast, like this
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Electro-whirl

Please tell me where is the balance in this game? Revenant is a profession that should be removed from the game, rebuild from 0 and come back later without weapon swap like he was supposed to be originally. Right now hes a buggy and clunky (due to fail energy system) mess. He doesnt even work without Herald cus everything was designed around elite spec from the start.. like wtf? One has to imagine how kitten OP next elite spec has to be to make up for the flaws in core rev.

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

The funny thing is that outside said surge and block staff sux and it wasnt properly reworked/buffed (looking at you skill 2 and healing orbs..), i dont mind sotm nerf but there also should be buffs not more nerfs to block.

The funny thing about sword – its the only weapon in game that has skills which split up damage to targets rather than deal it equally to everyone like.. all skills ingame. Imagine any aoe/cleave skill doing only 33% damage to your target cause theres 2 clones/2minions or pet+player near your target.

This is ridiculous already right? Its get even more ridiculous when you account in autoattack which scale up with enemies around increasing it dps unlike sword 2 n 3 which are dps loss at this point due to their split damage. So in the end you have a weapon that goes against it desing and it doesnt know what it want to do. With auto you want to stack as many targets as possible but with skill 2 and 3 you want only 1 target in radius. Where is the synergy? Its a kittening mess that to this day wasnt addressed. Id say all swords nerfs need to be reverted, PS being bring back to it utility status and sword 3 reworked so it actually work like channeled single target ability.

Also you know whats funny? While everyone complains about PS damage and what not, there are other similiar skills which does as much if not more damage and providing more utility yet they are completely reliable and they doesnt split damage nor cost any energy to cast, like this

Please tell me where is the balance in this game? Revenant is a profession that should be removed from the game, rebuild from 0 and come back later without weapon swap like he was supposed to be originally. Right now hes a buggy and clunky (due to fail energy system) mess. He doesnt even work without Herald cus everything was designed around elite spec from the start.. like wtf? One has to imagine how kitten OP next elite spec has to be to make up for the flaws in core rev.

Impressive wall of salty text… just wow!

Rev has bugs, Rev has bad design … nothing new here.

BUT: PowerShiro was viable in season 2 – even slightly overpowered (I mained it this time). That’s all I wanted to point out.

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

Impressive wall of salty text… just wow!

Rev has bugs, Rev has bad design … nothing new here.

BUT: PowerShiro was viable in season 2 – even slightly overpowered (I mained it this time). That’s all I wanted to point out.

Em.. im not really salty. I left in mid season 2 and facepalming on every patch notes when looking up at the changes to professions or to be more accurate lack of said changes cus come on. Balance patches are like um.. once per 3 months? Smite has more changes every 2 weeks. Due to limited rev desing he should be easier class to balance in this game and by now all legends should be viable cus their skills come in a package. 1 heal, 3utility (it should be 5 but mkay..), 1 elite. I honestly have no idea what issue they have there if they cant balance one legend per patch.

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: Hex.8714

Hex.8714

where is the initial post lol

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: Poelala.2830

Poelala.2830

Druid can take down DH……

Mesmer can absolutely not take down a DH

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Now that’s not true. I can defeat a DH and ( with a little luck ) a warrior. The real issue is that I have to work a lot harder at it on Mesmer. I have much less margin for error.

A warrior has the heal, immunity and dps to cover a lot of small errors in play and still come off the winner.

Mesmerising Girl

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

As a warrior main I feel like this meta the berserker ACTUALLY feels like a berserker, all out in your face damage that’s what we wanted like a year ago.

The issue is with the removal of tanky amulets and a nerf to toughness, raw damage wins the fight. Warrior’s damage is not only extremely powerful, but it’s fast. You can condi bomb me, but I can down you before they even get a chance to tick enough times.

I’ve mentioned this before, but defensive stats just don’t scale well anymore. You can have 3k toughness and you’ll be having to dodge around from warrior and DH as if you had 2k toughness. It’s all about the blocks and in vulnerabilities, and seeing as how DH and warrior have the best access to these while also being able to dish out mass amounts of damage, they rose to the top of the food chain.

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

war so stronk

/15stronks

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Warrior is overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

I’m just here for the ‘x’ is op thread of the week.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]