Warriors, outclassed & underwhelming in sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: BlackDeath.7834

BlackDeath.7834

Warriors don’t have anything to offer the group in spvp. They are easily kited, lack damage because they need to stack defense, least condition removal and lack mobility.

There’s nothing a warrior can do that other classes can do better.

Roamer? Thieves or elementalists do better

Damage? Thieves or mesmers or any other class can do better while being able to dodge/evade damage and mitigate them as well as warriors

Want to hold the fort? Guardians do that best. Warriors are half as effective.

AoE? Yeah, don’t bother with guardians.

Control? Elementalists

There’s nothing warriors can offer in spvp that other classes can do better. Really no point in bringing them. I think people are going to realize this very soon and all those “OMG WARRIORS ARE OP” threads will turn to wanting a buff if we haven’t already been nerfed by noobs screaming nerfs cause of 100HB (which is the easiest thing to counter in pvp).

Yeah, please don’t bring “Bulls charge-frenzy-100 blades” warriors into this, that is the most easiest thing to counter and dodge in the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Hyeena.4286

Hyeena.4286

Elementalists are actually fairly weak in terms of actual control. Warriors have a lot of hard control and stability, which are extremely useful in stomping, preventing stomping, ressing, and preventing ressing.

They also counter Gaurdian point control.

in PvP

Posted by: Kamaitachi.9203

Kamaitachi.9203

All classes are completely unbalanced.
I play warrior too, lvl 80. And the only way to survive in spvp is by stacking with defense, since we wear Cloth (Light Armor covered with silver paint that looks like Plate).

Only build I found good for spvp is 2h Mace, Traits on Defense and HP, runes of thoughness and vit. Other than that you won’t survive 3 shots.
I love using a greatsword, but you won’t go too far using that in Gw2. They are slow attacks, slow dmg, Rush doesnt stun the target (which should) and 100blades is 100% avoidable.
Double axe some say its ok, but what about the ones that don’t like them?
Classes are pretty much FORCED to use specific weapons to be able to enjoy Gw2.

This game is becoming Diablo 3.

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

They better not be as bad as he/she makes out.

I’ve been playing a lot of Engineer and Guardian in Spvp, went back to my Warrior for PvE and was planning on having my Warrior take over the Engineer and Guardian for my PvP main aswell. Oh well :/ At least my Guardian shares the same armour class, so if I get any cool gear my Warrior can also use it

in PvP

Kamaitachi.9203

Elementalists are actually fairly weak in terms of actual control. Warriors have a lot of hard control and stability, which are extremely useful in stomping, preventing stomping, ressing, and preventing ressing.

Yeah we can use all that, but can’t do much when you have to use more important signets huh

in PvP

Posted by: Hyeena.4286

Hyeena.4286

Yeah we can use all that, but can’t do much when you have to use more important signets huh

What signets are you talking about? Unless it’s the signet of Doylak Signet? Or Signet or Rage which you should only take when you’re not on the Battle of Kylo and you need to counter Gaurdians.

No class, except mesmers, get to do crazy damage and have good defense. There are good builds out there besides 1h blades or crazy CC Hammer, Mace/shield specs. You have to be able to do damage, and the durability you can get isn’t worth the damage you can do. Control the fight and stay alive through CC.

Warriors are weak 1v1, but they are fine.

in PvP

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

Rifle builds can provide a good support role for controlling battles. Let someone else get in the face of the enemy and you can snipe and provide rife support from a distance. Properly spec’d and with good weapon choices you can have up to 4 roots as well. Solid for preventing an enemy from fleeing.

in PvP

Posted by: aleiro.8521

aleiro.8521

dude if you can’t play with a warrior in pvp then change class. Warriors are really awesome. Good damage, good survivability, tons of utility skills to counter CC, the warrior can do it all, I suggest you change your starting traits and armor runes XD

in PvP

Kamaitachi.9203

dude if you can’t play with a warrior in pvp then change class. Warriors are really awesome. Good damage, good survivability, tons of utility skills to counter CC, the warrior can do it all, I suggest you change your starting traits and armor runes XD

I see we have a pro here!
So please make us a video tutorial about warriors and their awesome survivability in spvp.
Oh and please do not edit the video, record a full game where you are the top player!

Cheers mate!

in PvP

aleiro.8521

So please make us a video tutorial about warriors and their awesome survivability in spvp.
Oh and please do not edit the video, record a full game where you are the top player!

Cheers mate!

I don’t have to….look for Taugrim in youtube and look at his videos, he is a lot more pro than me…or just read your utility and traits and make a good build that makes sense don’t just drop abilities into slots…

in PvP

Kamaitachi.9203

Cheers mate!

I don’t have to….look for Taugrim in youtube and look at his videos, he is a lot more pro than me…or just read your utility and traits and make a good build that makes sense don’t just drop abilities into slots…

Oh, so we can read the utilities and traits?kittenI’m level 80 and I did not know that!
Trying builds?? Can we??

(before you get frustrated, I’m being sarcastic!)

Everyone, EVERYONE, E V E R Y O N E tries different builds, combos, whatever in Spvp, mate! OK??OK!!!!!
You…really…knows….how…to….give….helpful….tips….

in PvP

aleiro.8521

Cheers mate!

Oh, so we can read the utilities and traits?kittenI’m level 80 and I did not know that!
Trying builds?? Can we??

(before you get frustrated, I’m being sarcastic!)

Everyone, EVERYONE, E V E R Y O N E tries different builds, combos, whatever in Spvp, mate! OK??OK!!!!!
You…really…knows….how…to….give….helpful….tips….

No not everyone, I’m pretty sure most people here are rolling with 6 runes of the soldier without using shouts in their utility skills xD

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

@OP

You clearly have no idea how Warrior works nor do you know the words “objectives” and “skirmishes.”

Either unskilled or ignorant, I’ll assume you are neither and is simply new. Warrior carries sPvP/capture the flag by using Great Sword mobility in capturing points/getting towards objectives AND using stability + Endure Pain in escape manuevers just in-case you screw up your goal. Dueling is a “learn to play” issue. Warriors aren’t that bad at chasing. I personally use Sword + Shield and Great Sword with Balanced Stance, Endure Pain, and Frenzy (Sometimes Signet of Stamina instead of Frenzy). I burn Hundred Blades + Frenzy with Balance Stance (If it seems like my Hundred Blades + Frenzy will get cancelled) when I immobilize someone with Flurry and if I screw up in Duels I simply just run away and regenerate via Savage Leap/Whirl Wind Attack/Lock-off Rush.

Now I’m not saying I carry well in games. I’m a very impatient guy who just does not like to work with people who don’t put any effort. Therefore I base off my claims on games where both people are competitive, not where one person is the only one doing work. SPvP is still way too dependent on human RNG much like match-making in MOBA games like DOTA or LoL.

Point being is Warriors have amazing potential in sPvP. You do not say a class is bad in sPvP when you have zero experience or have decency in playing the class.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in PvP

aleiro.8521

@OP

You clearly have no idea how Warrior works nor do you know the words “objectives” and “skirmishes.”

Either unskilled or ignorant, I’ll assume you are neither and is simply new. Warrior carries sPvP/capture the flag by using Great Sword mobility in capturing points/getting towards objectives AND using stability + Endure Pain in escape manuevers just in-case you screw up your goal. Dueling is a “learn to play” issue. Warriors aren’t that bad at chasing. I personally use Sword + Shield and Great Sword with Balanced Stance, Endure Pain, and Frenzy (Sometimes Signet of Stamina instead of Frenzy). I burn Hundred Blades + Frenzy with Balance Stance (If it seems like my Hundred Blades + Frenzy will get cancelled) when I immobilize someone with Flurry and if I screw up in Duels I simply just run away and regenerate via Savage Leap/Whirl Wind Attack/Lock-off Rush.

Now I’m not saying I carry well in games. I’m a very impatient guy who just does not like to work with people who don’t put any effort. Therefore I base off my claims on games where both people are competitive, not where one person is the only one doing work. SPvP is still way too dependent on human RNG much like match-making in MOBA games like DOTA or LoL.

Point being is Warriors have amazing potential in sPvP. You do not say a class is bad in sPvP when you have zero experience or have decency in playing the class.

Apart from plain damage, warriors can also boost and heal the team, control and debuff enemies. All of that while having awesome survivability. It’s all a matter of brains.

in PvP

Schwahrheit.4203

Yep support Warrior is just as viable as carry Warrior. The only thing I hate about Warrior is rifle and long bow is even more team dependent than something + Great Sword.

in PvP

aleiro.8521

Yep support Warrior is just as viable as carry Warrior. The only thing I hate about Warrior is rifle and long bow is even more team dependent than something + Great Sword.

There is a really good rifle + axe/horn dps build that kickskitten and still has about 1300 toughness. it works best with the group but you can solo with it as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

Made a similar topic a while back, but actually detailing why it’s a limited class. Take a look at their traits and it should sum up why, nicely. They’re almost all +5% if using a hammer, +10% if using greatsword, +toughness when using a shield, etc. They aren’t a profession that does things. They rely on stats way too much, which doesn’t work in a game that’s all about active utility.

It’s a broken profession in its very design, and will probably remain the worst or next to worst in sPvP for a long time. You can’t fix it without completing altering most of the skills and traits to actually have utility. Fixing the numbers will not do anything other than potentially overpower them, if you go far enough to make them able to overcome the hurdle of their utility limitations. That said, they’re one of the best PvE classes and possibly the best dungeon running class. In sPvP, though, they’re pretty terrible. It’s very easy to root them, get them to burn off the mandatory Balanced Stance they MUST bring (9.5s), then just immobilize them again, if they aren’t dead already. Their extra health and armor is VERY easy to burn through in one or two hits.

in PvP

aleiro.8521

Made a similar topic a while back, but actually detailing why it’s a limited class. Take a look at their traits and it should sum up why, nicely. They’re almost all +5% if using a hammer, +10% if using greatsword, +toughness when using a shield, etc. They aren’t a profession that does things. They rely on stats way too much, which doesn’t work in a game that’s all about active utility.

It’s a broken profession in its very design, and will probably remain the worst or next to worst in sPvP for a long time. You can’t fix it without completing altering most of the skills and traits to actually have utility. Fixing the numbers will not do anything other than potentially overpower them, if you go far enough to make them able to overcome the hurdle of their utility limitations. That said, they’re one of the best PvE classes and possibly the best dungeon running class. In sPvP, though, they’re pretty terrible. It’s very easy to root them, get them to burn off the mandatory Balanced Stance they MUST bring (9.5s), then just immobilize them again, if they aren’t dead already. Their extra health and armor is VERY easy to burn through in one or two hits.

I really hope you don’t ever meet a good warrior, keep posting things like this and we get a boost

in PvP

Posted by: Kentra.8625

Kentra.8625

Why don’t you people take a look at Team Paradigm’s Moldran and his videos? I bet you could learn a thing or two that would help you feel a little less useless Google is your friend here..

in PvP

Schwahrheit.4203

@Plague
It just shows. All you said is really a “player skill/learn to play/are the people in my team worse than the people I’m fighting” issue.

Worst in sPvP? Not Warrior. Just ask me why. Or you’re going to say Thief is OP like the majority who don’t have the decency to actually try to be good?

(edited by Schwahrheit.4203)

in PvP

aleiro.8521

Why don’t you people take a look at Team Paradigm’s Moldran and his videos? I bet you could learn a thing or two that would help you feel a little less useless Google is your friend here..

his videos are pre-launch aren’t they….not that the build is not useful now but it’s not as effective

in PvP

Plague.5329

his videos are pre-launch aren’t they….not that the build is not useful now but it’s not as effective

They’re also mostly HB builds against other Warriors or people that don’t know what they’re doing.

in PvP

Kentra.8625

They’re also mostly HB builds against other Warriors or people that don’t know what they’re doing.

The build is still very powerful, last I checked. As for people not knowing, what they are doing – what do you think the current spvp scene consists of almost entirely? What other reason would there be for the constant and incessant whining about HS thieves forcing anet to nerf it, when there are millions of simple and obvious counters to it? People need to learn how to play. Warrior gets more difficult the higher up the ranks you get, undoubtedly, but for spvp, it’s still one of the strongest. People just haven’t caught on to it yet.

in PvP

Schwahrheit.4203

I have something to ask cause I want to figure out a few things for myself.

What do you people do when you’re getting ganked by 5 people as a Warrior? Frankly speaking, do you accept defeat or do you find a way around it?

in PvP

Posted by: pinkglow.3429

pinkglow.3429

Game isnt based around 1v1, together with a thief for example they can oneshot things easily. Hundred blades is too strong and even though heartseeker is worse, it isnt skill rewarding as this game should be. Nerf the blades and look over other things that reward using more abilities, that reward weapon swapping. Warriors is in a OP place now because of 100 blades, you can hardly find any premade tournament team without at least one or two of them.

in PvP

aleiro.8521

The build is still very powerful, last I checked. As for people not knowing, what they are doing – what do you think the current spvp scene consists of almost entirely? What other reason would there be for the constant and incessant whining about HS thieves forcing anet to nerf it, when there are millions of simple and obvious counters to it? People need to learn how to play. Warrior gets more difficult the higher up the ranks you get, undoubtedly, but for spvp, it’s still one of the strongest. People just haven’t caught on to it yet.

Shoosh Kentra, let them think that we suck….makes my life that much easier

in PvP

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

General trend I see is that people who’ve only had extensive experience playing Warriors and not really dabbled in other classes think Warriors suck.

People who don’t play Warriors at all think they’re OP as kitten.

People who have tested their abilities across multiple classes know that Warriors are at an extremely good place right now competitively. This is especially true when you just think about how many more builds a Warrior can run that is viable in tPvP relative to other professions.

in PvP

aleiro.8521

General trend I see is that people who’ve only had extensive experience playing Warriors and not really dabbled in other classes think Warriors suck.

People who don’t play Warriors at all think they’re OP as kitten.

People who have tested their abilities across multiple classes know that Warriors are at an extremely good place right now competitively. This is especially true when you just think about how many more builds a Warrior can run that is viable in tPvP relative to other professions.

Well…I have only played with warriors and I love them. Love them since GW. I also think we are at a good place maybe one handed swords need a little attention since I can’t seem to make a bleed build that works as well as hammers, axes or greatswords. On that note, longbows are a bit useless as well, maybe not so much in wvw but rifle is just so much better in my opinion.

in PvP

Schwahrheit.4203

One-handed swords are generally utility (Escape: Savage Leap/Chase/Gap Closer, Combo: Flurry > Hundred Blades), not DPS. They can DPS, but only if your opponents built glass cannon.

in PvP

Kentra.8625

I have something to ask cause I want to figure out a few things for myself.

What do you people do when you’re getting ganked by 5 people as a Warrior? Frankly speaking, do you accept defeat or do you find a way around it?

You have the highest armour/toughness, the highest vitality and the highest damage output in the game (maybe only second to glass cannon ele/guardian). When built correctly you have stability for 16 seconds, which means no cc can lock you down. You also have a trait that makes all movement skills break stun and if you build properly you get 3 of those in 1 build. You should have the ability to break out of any fight, if you want to. That being said, if I’m alone and I see 5 people coming, I run.. no matter what profession I am. The only professions, who will stand a chance at stalling the inevitable and juggle more than 3 people are necro, guardian and engineer. It’s not by chance that those are the best point defenders =). I would add that a hammer warrior has really good control as well and would stand the best chance of surviving such an onslaught long enough to get help, but, of course, you can’t expect to run into a furball with 5 enemies alone and get out alive. If anyone could do that, there would be something inherently wrong with the game.

in PvP

Schwahrheit.4203

I’m afraid if I say anything more, a potential sleeper build might come out.

in PvP

Posted by: XronttiX.1906

XronttiX.1906

there are classes that might need buff, some nerf but warrrior is very much okay right now.
it has many viable specs and playstyles that all work.

hammer warriors bring insane cc, you can keep someone stunned/rooted/feared for +10 seconds.

Greatsword gives you very nice mobility and burst.
dont really get the OP complaining about mobility, abilities 3 and 5 make you very mobile with greatswords, i agree that hammer warrior doesnt have any mobility.

in PvP

Posted by: Mythreandor.5729

Mythreandor.5729

I dont know what type of warrior you play. I have a 2H Hammer build and almost everything dies against me 1vs1. Even against 2 opponents i can do pretty well.
I wont see those high crits other classes do but dmg is ok. Defending a base is pretty easy as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Manji.3801

Manji.3801

LOL warriors are great if you know how to build them!

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Did you mean “players without skillz , outclassed & underwhelming in sPvP?”

Because otherwise your title makes no sense at all.

I see that you are level 80. That could be the problem. Too much pve.

Just play spvp everyday for 3 or 4 hours for a couple of weeks and you’ll get better. (And quit that pve kitten it’s bad for your pvp skillz).

in PvP

Posted by: Dallas.2536

Dallas.2536

well phantaram from paradigm made my warrior look embarrassing last night on his ele lol

As damage, I think they are too gimmicky and thus too easily countered at high level competition, and if when they get real matchmaking implemented you won’t see many at high tier games, except maybe in a support or point holding role.

If they can make warrior less viable to faceroll baddies and average players, but more viable in higher tier games, that would be an improvement. It really shines right now versus average to bad players because it can kill them really fast, but any skilled player using any other class would attain the same results. It would just be less obvious because its over a longer period of time.

Plague made a good point about dps warriors not ‘doing’ as much as other classes. Traitwise its mostly getting things like 10% damage vs bleeding, 10% damage with a certain weapon, etc, which leads to a very stat-driven gimmicky build. And then to effectively deliver damage, the utility skills pretty much always need bulls rush and frenzy and stability, and if you swap any of those out you are asking for trouble.

If anyone played HoN, I would say warriors in a damage role are kind of like Deadwood. You can destroy everything up until 1650 or so, then the dropoff is dramatic and you never see him in competitive games.

Lysander – Anvil Rock

(edited by Dallas.2536)

in PvP

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

Have you ever tried to be, or fought, a heavy CC warrior? They’re hell on earth to deal with in a small area or in a team fight.

I’ve run into a couple of nearly unkillable warriors myself.

in PvP

Dallas.2536

Have you ever tried to be, or fought, a heavy CC warrior? They’re hell on earth to deal with in a small area or in a team fight.

I’ve run into a couple of nearly unkillable warriors myself.

like I said, the most viable tourney spec right now is as a point holder. and then some drop-off to a support role. and then way down the list is as a damage/roamer. and there are still other classes which can do the first two things better than warrior, so really if you’re a pro team there’s not good reason to take one!

Lysander – Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Sweeet.8127

Sweeet.8127

well phantaram from paradigm made my warrior look embarrassing last night on his ele lol

As damage, I think they are too gimmicky and thus too easily countered at high level competition, and if when they get real matchmaking implemented you won’t see many at high tier games, except maybe in a support or point holding role.

If they can make warrior less viable to faceroll baddies and average players, but more viable in higher tier games, that would be an improvement. It really shines right now versus average to bad players because it can kill them really fast, but any skilled player using any other class would attain the same results. It would just be less obvious because its over a longer period of time.

Plague made a good point about dps warriors not ‘doing’ as much as other classes. Traitwise its mostly getting things like 10% damage vs bleeding, 10% damage with a certain weapon, etc, which leads to a very stat-driven gimmicky build. And then to effectively deliver damage, the utility skills pretty much always need bulls rush and frenzy and stability, and if you swap any of those out you are asking for trouble.

If anyone played HoN, I would say warriors in a damage role are kind of like Deadwood. You can destroy everything up until 1650 or so, then the dropoff is dramatic and you never see him in competitive games.

So, it all makes sense now, you actually feel that the only way to be an effective damage dealing warrior is to run a frenzy build… No wonder you get so antsy when people request it be removed or toned down.

I’m not saying Warriors are fine without it, just that you have a major conflict of interest going on there buddy. Warriors definitely need a tweak, but Quickness is NOT the answer to their current situation, I’m sure even you can see that.

The very fact a build has to rely on an ability like Quickness, not only shows how broken Warriors are, but how powerful Quickness is. Both could do with a reasonable tweak.

in PvP

Dallas.2536

So, it all makes sense now, you actually feel that the only way to be an effective damage dealing warrior is to run a frenzy build… No wonder you get so antsy when people request it be removed or toned down.

I’m not saying Warriors are fine without it, just that you have a major conflict of interest going on there buddy. Warriors definitely need a tweak, but Quickness is NOT the answer to their current situation, I’m sure even you can see that.

The very fact a build has to rely on an ability like Quickness, not only shows how broken Warriors are, but how powerful Quickness is. Both could do with a reasonable tweak.

no im accepting of the situation and am in the process of transitioning from warrior :P

frenzy destroys noobs. it always has and always will. drops off dramatically against higher tier players. I argue against people who want to remove frenzy because I don’t think the answer to bad play is to encourage it by removing things that cause it. it would be better for the bad players to get better, no?

Lysander – Anvil Rock

in PvP

Sweeet.8127

no im accepting of the situation and am in the process of transitioning from warrior :P

frenzy destroys noobs. it always has and always will. drops off dramatically against higher tier players. I argue against people who want to remove frenzy because I don’t think the answer to bad play is to encourage it by removing things that cause it. it would be better for the bad players to get better, no?

Oh absolutely, but just because you can learn how to deal with a bad game mechanic, doesn’t stop it from being a bad game mechanic. This game is supposed to not only cater to the “Pro’s”, it is supposed to cater to everyone of all different skill levels. An ability that allows a player to decimate a lesser skilled player without even given them a chance, and that is also just a crutch ability to give the profession using it a chance, has no place in PvP.

You seem to think the only reason people want it toned down or removed is because they are “bad” – that is an incredibly one dimensional way of looking at things. We are looking not only at skill levels of said players, but all aspects of PvP and how an ability like Quickness affects those aspects of PvP.

No one ability should be a crutch for a profession to make them feel somewhat viable. No one ability should decimate a lesser skilled person without giving them a chance to react. No one ability should turn off players by making them feel so utterly helpless if their defensive cooldowns aren’t up. Everything about Quickness is a detriment to PvP as a whole. The only thing it does do is allow broken Professions to get by. It’s a very bad crutch ability, nothing more, nothing less.

in PvP

Plague.5329

You can run a Warrior build without Frenzy, although a Warrior’s main advantage is its ability to burst damage and disrupt constantly. Not bringing it is tantamount to forgoing that advantage, and not optimizing appropriately. I actually tend to run without it, because unlike GW1, there is no cancel stance to use it. I instead just use Endure Pain along with the mandatory Balanced Stance (which has been acting weird since the last patch). Usually either Bull’s or Bolas if I’m feeling like being a pest, to fill in the third.

When you run a melee build of any kind you’re generally locked to those skills because of how the class operates. Balanced, Dolyak’s maybe, Endure Pain on a good portion of them and Frenzy. The others are often novelties because they don’t orient themselves directly to what the Warrior is supposed to do. Since you can’t trait effectively to change playstyle (5%, 10%, etc), this makes it hard to get those skills off your secondaries. Ranged builds don’t necessarily require those skills but they often find their way onto your skillbar anyway. A lot of the Warrior secondary skills also tend to just apply a boon or up your defense, offense, etc rather than actively doing something that changes your playstyle. No clones or smoke bombs or teleports or making impassable walls, etc. Just +stat.

in PvP

Sweeet.8127

You can run a Warrior build without Frenzy, although a Warrior’s main advantage is its ability to burst damage and disrupt constantly. Not bringing it is tantamount to forgoing that advantage, and not optimizing appropriately. I actually tend to run without it, because unlike GW1, there is no cancel stance to use it. I instead just use Endure Pain along with the mandatory Balanced Stance (which has been acting weird since the last patch). Usually either Bull’s or Bolas if I’m feeling like being a pest, to fill in the third.

When you run a melee build of any kind you’re generally locked to those skills because of how the class operates. Balanced, Dolyak’s maybe, Endure Pain on a good portion of them and Frenzy. The others are often novelties because they don’t orient themselves directly to what the Warrior is supposed to do. Since you can’t trait effectively to change playstyle (5%, 10%, etc), this makes it hard to get those skills off your secondaries. Ranged builds don’t necessarily require those skills but they often find their way onto your skillbar anyway. A lot of the Warrior secondary skills also tend to just apply a boon or up your defense, offense, etc rather than actively doing something that changes your playstyle. No clones or smoke bombs or teleports or making impassable walls, etc. Just +stat.

That’s my point, the majority of Warriors feel like they have to take Frenzy because they would be kittening themselves without it. And they pretty much are too, not that they can’t get by without it as you say. But it gives them such huge burst potential, burst potential that really has no place in competitive PvP.

I’m looking forward to ANet’s first major balance patch, I’m very intrigued as to what they are going to do with Warriors and Quickness.

in PvP

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

Why take a warrior in a team when you can have a guardian.

There’s 0 reason. Guardians can hit as hard, have better utility and much better defence.

If you want an offensive class instead of relying on the HB 1 trick pony take a mesmer or a thief with 100 percent uptime damage.

Want a good point control – Engineer.

Rangers, elementalists , necros (to a certain extent), are on the non pick tier of spvp at the moment.

Warriors need more utility in their trait lines and abilities. The stances line is so short, on a long cool down and adds very little to group play or solo play. Look at the recharge on our abilities. So much longer than anyone else. Banners all on 120 seconds!! They’re not even that good! .

Signets on large cooldowns (along with ranger and necro). Mesmers, thieves, guardians all on the 30 second mark for most.

Take away frenzy, it’s so situational, on such a long cool down and if you play against anyone with a brain they will counter it then disintegrate you due to taking 50 percent extra damage.

You have to wade through so much aoe in most battle having low toughness/hps isn’t viable so you end up with a low damage spec.

Warriors need a rethink.

in PvP

Posted by: Art of Ecstasy.9201

Art of Ecstasy.9201

I only really play tPvP, since I don’t like sPvP’s reward structure. Warriors are extremely strong, don’t need Frenzy to do crazy damage (I only swap to Frenzy mid-game for very specific purposes, such as when solo killing the Guild Lord down in 18 seconds once I get in Savage Leap range of him is the best move for our team, which is extremely rare), have crazy survivability (impossible to kill 1v1 unless forced to fight on a point against a Guardian), and very good utility (AoE team heals, boons, condition removal, AoE crowd control, AoE revive, two or three cripples, several different blocks and interrupts).

How a crazy good damage dealer with great utility and the ability to live forever given the player can position and use the warrior’s skills properly is “underpowered” is beyond me. Perhaps it may be because I used the Hundred Blades build once, thought it sucked if they evaded/blocked the opener and becomes way too one-dimensional, and learned how to actually play the warrior.

My current utility spells:
1. For Great Justice
2. Shake It Off
3. Throw Bolas
4. Fear Me
5. Endure Pain
6. Frenzy
7. Balanced Stance

Yes, all in one game, depending on the situation. You can switch utilities while out of combat.

Elites:
1. Battle Standard
2. Signet of Rage

Healing:
1. Mending
2. Healing Signet

Weapon Sets:
1. Sword/Shield + Sword/Sword | Hammer | Axe/Axe + Warhorn

Five different weapon sets, also in one game.
I’ve tried Hundred Blades builds, Eviscerate-centric builds, Shout builds, everything you can think of with Frenzy, Rifle builds, Mace builds, pretty much everything that’s been thought of already, and the above is what I use for tPvP. I don’t think the Warrior is underpowered, because nothing can contest the Warrior whether he’s assaulting or defending an objective, except for a Guardian, and he brings a variety of options to the table to support the team winning the match.

in PvP

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

Warriors and elementalist both are classes I don’t mind running up against. Sure they can bite you if you don’t pay attention, but in general they are lacking.

Rangers aren’t far behind and all three classes are inferior to whatever roll they are playing to the other classes.

in PvP

Schwahrheit.4203

Making MOBA comparisons now such as HoN? Okay I don’t mind doing that too. A Warrior at full potential is basically a better version of a skilled Tryndamere and Olaf in one package.

I won’t be too specific on what I mean. Mainly because I don’t mind if Warrior gets buffed because of people saying Warrior is under-powered.

in PvP

BlackDeath.7834

I feel so useless.

in PvP

Posted by: CeCaKonVeu.5734

CeCaKonVeu.5734

Im new player Im pretty sure i still dont know/fully understand 50% of the game or whatever.

What I mean is we basically all noob and face people with bad build/equip and/or not experienced with the lvl 2 they just brought into spvp “to test it” ==> We cant really talk about game balance.

For example Ive seen couple amazing elem that would demolish a full team (dmg + mobility) so for sure they not weak.

in PvP

BlackDeath.7834

Bump. We need a utility revamp.. ATLEAST something that gives protection? :|