We need new leaderboards

We need new leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The current leaderboards are ridiculous. I just saw a guy who hadn’t played in 2 months go from 20% to 93% after winning one game. What? The completely defeats the point of decay.

I see people in the top 500 with losing records. There is one in the 100 as I write this. How?

Are we going to see a better leaderboard soon?

We need new leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Iplaytokill.1674

Iplaytokill.1674

Soon, we can’t talk about it yet but it’s exciting and next patch and PAX and we’ll fix the petting zoo and warrior too.

We need new leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Intellidonkey.5410

Intellidonkey.5410

The current leaderboards are ridiculous. I just saw a guy who hadn’t played in 2 months go from 20% to 93% after winning one game. What? The completely defeats the point of decay.

I see people in the top 500 with losing records. There is one in the 100 as I write this. How?

Are we going to see a better leaderboard soon?

It’s more dependent on WHO you’re beating, than how often you’re winning.

Engineers – Dagny (In The Lab) Kristopherson, Rektor Skillshot
Ten Percent [Rekt] – GET REKT
This is the only profession I play.

We need new leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

It’s more dependent on WHO you’re beating, than how often you’re winning.

Thats not how it works!
If you stop playing your mmr stays the same, but you drop in rank. If you start playing again your rank is again based on your mmr and so you rise in ladder. So even if you loose your rank is updated.

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

We need new leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: garythesnail.8475

garythesnail.8475

Hey guys, do the leaderboards ever reset?

We need new leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Hey guys, do the leaderboards ever reset?

They haven’t up to this point, but I think they should reset with the introduction of a new leaderboard.

We need new leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Real decay doesn’t exist.

Any decay you see/accrued over time is all removed the next game you play.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

We need new leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Oprah.1347

Oprah.1347

can confirm, played 3 tourney’s the other day and went form 73% to 23.

We need new leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I want proper leagues/seasons/rewards/show rankings in game.

We need new leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Zzod.5791

Zzod.5791

I want proper leagues/seasons/rewards/show rankings in game.

This happens in games where pvp is the main objective and sole focus of the development team. You see this in MOBA games such as Smite, LOL, DOTA. You see it in some FPS games like counterstrike and some RTS games like SC2.

Unfortunately, Spvp, from the onset, was misrepresented as to what it would be in terms of attention from Arenanet. We, unfortunately, get the developmental crumbs that are left over.

We need new leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

Agreed! This current leader board is junk. What I think the leader board needs is a complete revamp. I mean really I guy in the top ten with 19 Wins and 10 Loses. You shouldn’t even make the leader board till you have hit X amount of games. I would suggest 500 total games, maybe less maybe more. I also think that decay should do something other then drop you down for a bit. Your score decays for a reason and it should be reflected as such. There are guys all over the current leader board that play 1 game ever 3-5 days just to maintain. Absolute junk if you ask me. This leader board should break everything down to a more consistent level. Your rank should not only temporally decay because you are inactive but should require more then a hand full of matches to get back to the top. 70% and in three games #20, Crap that is crap. No wonder there are so many people who could care less about the leader board. Fact is everyone cares about the leader board but when its as bad as this one is no one cares!

I sure hope this thing gets a second look and a revamp.

Everything isn’t Vain GW2 PvP is still better then most!