What can I get for playing sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: bluehawk.8369

bluehawk.8369

Hello everyone!

I just hit 80 and I was doing some sPvP, i got to rank 9 rabbit. I was wondering if it were possible to get better gear by leveling up ranks? If not, what is the point of sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

Hello everyone!

I just hit 80 and I was doing some sPvP, i got to rank 9 rabbit. I was wondering if it were possible to get better gear by leveling up ranks? If not, what is the point of sPvP?

how about witnessing your skills improve and you prevailing against competition?

in PvP

Posted by: Zunhar.4079

Zunhar.4079

Hello everyone!

Everyone has access to equal gear, there technically is no “better” gear. Admittedly, you can find better looking gear as you rank up, but that’s about it.

The “point” of sPvP is to get better, collect cool gear, and crush your opponents.

in PvP

Posted by: Red Raven.7824

Red Raven.7824

classic.

“No shinys? What’s the point!?”

Ashkandhi Champion Legionnaire
Skull n’ Bones sPvP Build
BLACKGATE BEST GATE

in PvP

Posted by: JSemar.5821

JSemar.5821

As much as I hate to say it I actually agree. sPvP is pointless and a waste of time. Yeah it is fun but it dies really fast with lack of reward. It feels as if you don’t progress. You just do the same small number of arenas against the same people over and over and over with no reward. You can’t even relax in LA while showing off your gained reward because the little bit that you do gain is stuck inside the mists. Still waiting on duel commands and GvG. At the very least a small reward or sPvP. Allow people to level up doing it that would be lovely. We can level on WvW why not sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

There’s some stories going on about other rewards coming for glory points.
But untill then the only way to get little money is to spend your glory on dyes :p

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in PvP

Posted by: LoneDeranger.5963

LoneDeranger.5963

Don’t ask what sPvP can do for you, ask instead what you can do for sPvP!

in PvP

Posted by: Jumper.9482

Jumper.9482

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Jump-s-Ultimate-PvP-Teef-Wishlist-Jump-Doc/
Winner of Curse’s NA Masters Tournament
twitch.tv/loljumper

in PvP

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

to challenge yourself

and test builds you make for fun

in PvP

Posted by: PistolWraith.6732

PistolWraith.6732

I was always thinking people play games for fun.

in PvP

Posted by: TortugaNinja.9731

TortugaNinja.9731

Have some fun, seek and destroy all mesmer you can find, take warr down to the ground …thats always feels fine in a bad day .

in PvP

Posted by: Destiny.6738

Destiny.6738

Actually, there is not really a point for playing PvP. (competitive) In about 6-8 months, you may can say that PvP in GW2 is OK…there are some nice community based tournaments tho, but that’s all. I doubt that PvP will really improve this year so much, to make it viable for competitive players.

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

You can show off your high rank and gear. I completely agree that you need something for play. For me, I enjoy displaying my Ransacker title and have people fear me. The whole idea is to show off.

Don’t listen to those who say “play for fun”. That’s not why we play an MMO. We play to show off and develop our characters. If we have “fun” along the way, that’s great. But it’s not enough by itself.

in PvP

Posted by: doomfodder.2906

doomfodder.2906

… Allow people to level up doing it that would be lovely. We can level on WvW why not sPvP?

/agree

Even assuming U grab a premade build, if your leveling up a toon, then ur probably a noob with THAT toon & will likely be a liability to your team for several matches early on while you LEARN to play the class (skill familiarization & roles/playstyle)

in PvP

Posted by: Neare.9703

Neare.9703

The Great Conan has spoken!

in PvP

Posted by: doomfodder.2906

doomfodder.2906

….what is the point of sPvP?

For now, it’ all cosmetics in the mists….

Actually, I’m hoping that ANET is gonna make something like Zkeys available that will NOT be acct bound & SELL on TP for more than ecto (just like end-of-life prices in GW1 ). I figure that it created incentive in GW1 for ppl to PvP, maybe it’ll work in GW2 too …

I figure that they could make them purchaseable via glory, so they can make RL $ selling “challice of glory” in GEM store. but who knows, maybe that will just over-inflate gem prices from all the PvE gold in the economy.

As an alternate, maybe ANET could consider bumping the achievement points for PvP. I can’t tell if the guys at the top of the achivement leaderbord are there more because of PvP or PvE?

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

If you get really good you can money.

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Play for sPvP for fun and to be one of the best players. Video Games used to always be about this. Now they are all about Profit. The MMO industry preys upon losers who have no life and very little RL Friends. People that play just to show off or get Uber Shiny gear are people that have a hole in their life that they are trying to fill. It gives their pathetic life meaning and makes them feel special, something they are unable to attain elsewhere.

Play and have as much fun as you can. And try not to take for granted that you live in a place and have the means to play Guild Wars 2 or any Video Game. Billions of people in this world aren’t as fortunate as you and would give anything to be in your shoes.

These forums are not the place to give moral lectures and make judgement on why people play. We play for different reasons and all of them are valid.

in PvP

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

Don’t listen to this guy.. He’s a newb.

(But seriously LOL @ the link)

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

to cap a circle and run arround it

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

They’re only a couple of thing you can really get:

Titles- For the most part they’re just time sinks. Doesn’t reflect the skill of the player at all. Even the Champion XXX ones are. Play enough tourneys and you’ll get them.

Finishers- You get a new finishing move every ten levels. These are pretty cool. Easily the best reward.

Armor/Weapons- New gear every ten levels, and also from tourney chest. You can only use them in PvP so ya…..

Overall the rewards for PvP are pathetic.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

As much as I hate to say it I actually agree. sPvP is pointless and a waste of time. Yeah it is fun but it dies really fast with lack of reward. It feels as if you don’t progress. You just do the same small number of arenas against the same people over and over and over with no reward. You can’t even relax in LA while showing off your gained reward because the little bit that you do gain is stuck inside the mists. Still waiting on duel commands and GvG. At the very least a small reward or sPvP. Allow people to level up doing it that would be lovely. We can level on WvW why not sPvP?

i would kill to be able to level up through spvp

no pun intended

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Punkins.2087

Punkins.2087

PvP progression should never, ever be about stuffz. Ever.

For that, go fight the scripted pixels.