What frustrates you most when you lose?

in PvP

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

For me, it’s simply people who fail to rez a downed player. So many games could have been won if a team member would simply rez another instead of trying to 1v3 on a node.

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in PvP

Posted by: beatthedown.2651

beatthedown.2651

When you lead with over 100 points, greedy teammates go far because they think we will never win by holding two points. Enemy regroups, far gets wiped or we get outrotated.

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

• People who see 3+ stacked on mid and push it by themselves

This one is too true
Also, people who think winning mid is the only way to win games (they don’t realize that even if the enemy team has 2 druid and 3 eles, winning close and far can make you win the game)

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Generally, I’d like to think I’m pretty easy going. I’m ok with losing, as long as people aren’t being blatantly stupid. But things that kitten me off:

• When teammates get into a flaming match with each other and are too busy kittening to even play.
  • When teammates lose a 4v3 at mid, and then repeatedly just feed mid, and then blame the thief for the loss.
  • When you get one of those same teammates in the next match, and they are repeatedly telling the other 3 people how awful you are, and they are dead 75+% of the game. Meanwhile, you’re happily decapping far repeatedly and sniping the hell out of the other team. (And you win the match by more than 200 points)
  • When no one takes home at the start of the match. Granted, partially my fault, but as a support ele or necro, that’s sort of a bad rotational choice for me to do.

I’ll be the first to admit, I am not a stellar player. I know I have issues getting rotations right. I know there are 1v1s that I should probably win and I don’t. I know I get tunnel vision at times and don’t see the bigger picture, but blatant stupidity and pettiness just make me want to stab someone.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

- Watching my MMR drop

- People raging at me after a loss instead of giving me constructive criticism

- People saying “ez” in map chat

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

when you win 1v2 at close, meanwhile your team lost the complete map.

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Just posted this in another thread. Can’t agree more.

There needs to be some logic coded in the post game score to penalize those who try vs those who give up. Sure, maybe the game would have ended up a loss anyway even if they tried. But going AFK does impact and it causes frustration for those who are honestly trying. Trying to win, or learn, or get better. Not because they are pro or look at how I did.

Last 4 games for me before stopping are all losses. In each case one or two of our team stopped playing. I know this isn’t unique to GW2 but it sure in the heck is frustrating. And definitely is a buzzkill with regards to the enjoyment of the game. Losing because the other team is better is perfectly fine. Losing to afk is not.

You can’t carry AFK.

Just a tidbit regarding this:

There is an implemented monitoring system to both determine when someone isnt participating long enough to warrant a kick, and one for pve that scales down rewards for people not actively participating, so there is foundation for this kind of solution.

However, I don’t think it is worth the effort. We’ll probably just go from afkers to people using macros or sandbagging to bypass the system once its been released.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

When you lead with over 100 points, greedy teammates go far because they think we will never win by holding two points. Enemy regroups, far gets wiped or we get outrotated.

The worst is when it’s a close match late in the game. You’re up 450 to 410 and hold 2 pts. All your team has to do is just sit the 2 pts and you win- then 2 ppl push far.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

(…)

• When teammates get into a flaming match with each other and are too busy kittening to even play.
    (…)

I hate it when people tell me to stop typing in teamchat and “concentrate”. I can quite easily type and move between points. Or chat and hold a point against a less skilled player / less offensive build. Hell, sometimes I amuse myself by pointing out what my opponent did wrong (aka “should have dodged that” or “wasted rebound there mate”).

I always wonder if others saying I should concentrate on the match, are really that bad.

What annoys me, too, is when people yell at me for not helping zerg tranq, when I was busy re-capping and de-capping points. Thats something that really triggers me. Its so obviously the wrong choice to fight for 2+ minutes on tranq and ignore caps going on, everybody should see that. If you cant get it fast, and you are repeatedly wiping down there, just go to points for re-cap.

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

(…)

(…)

I hate it when people tell me to stop typing in teamchat and “concentrate”. I can quite easily type and move between points. Or chat and hold a point against a less skilled player / less offensive build. Hell, sometimes I amuse myself by pointing out what my opponent did wrong (aka “should have dodged that” or “wasted rebound there mate”).

See, I don’t have an issue if people type and play. Even if they are kittening at each other, as long as they play. I had a match yesterday that literally devolved into the other 4 people on my team standing in or at the base kittening at each other. In map chat. So the other team joined in and egged the two main perpetrators on.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

(…)

(…)

I always wonder if others saying I should concentrate on the match, are really that bad.

What annoys me, too, is when people yell at me for not helping zerg tranq, when I was busy re-capping and de-capping points. Thats something that really triggers me. Its so obviously the wrong choice to fight for 2+ minutes on tranq and ignore caps going on, everybody should see that. If you cant get it fast, and you are repeatedly wiping down there, just go to points for re-cap.

I’ve won matches that way. While people fight on tranq, I triple cap map. It’s very situational though. As long as your team can contest tranq