What makes The Abjured so unstoppable?

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

The game is buy to play. that’s why its less people playing …. comparing to other Esports that are Free to play …

Oh noes, the whole 10 euros/dollars you have to pay at the start, how soul destroying.

the point is not just price …. why would u buy the game when you can play other bigger Esport for free

The reason this game is dying is because people are leaving, not because people don’t buy the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

The game is buy to play. that’s why its less people playing …. comparing to other Esports that are Free to play …

Oh noes, the whole 10 euros/dollars you have to pay at the start, how soul destroying.

the point is not just price …. why would u buy the game when you can play other bigger Esport for free

The reason this game is dying is because people are leaving, not because people don’t buy the game.

Trust me, the initial price barrier is a huge deterrent. By the way, do you guys Team Paradigm or Super Squad would still be doing well if they were still around?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

It’s actually both. Competitive pvp strives when there is no initial price barrier. A price isn’t just a dollar tag, it’s a hassle barrier as well and there is a huge base of teenagers that are very good at pvp that get gated. The issue is much larger than ever before with the explosion of the F2P era. There are just so many easier options. Why would a teen pay 50 bucks now when LOL is more developed and free?

Free play gets people hooked and gives more people the opportunity to get hooked before asking for money, and it goes a long way. We don’t have that draw, so every person we lose in GW2 is more impactful.

Beyond that, there are issues that the game just isn’t designed for competitive pvp. The systems for pvp are beyond any MMO every created. The hybrid combat/targeting/action style is amazing and works well. But then you get into class balance, trait design, Passives and lack of enjoyable (and enjoyable to watch) game modes and you start losing steam. The game is incredibly not intuitive to watch with stuff just sort of happening all over the place.

And my last point, which sort of ties to my last point, the learning curve is enormous which leads to toxic behaviors. The game takes a long time to warm up to and learn to create builds, where it’s much more simple in other competitive games. The longer that gap takes to fill, the more people are likely to give up, and toxicity only shortens that fuse.

So… /end Rant

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

They have practiced to the point where they never lose even fights.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Surprising no one, tonight’s NA matches went from close-ish to completely dominating when The Abjured showed up. What sets them apart from all the other NA’ers?

I still remember the good old times with The Absurd winning against Abjured

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Mia Crazymike.1780

Mia Crazymike.1780

I’m pretty sure this is the only community that is this bashful. From Pve content to balance changes to everything.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

When one team is just way ahead of the others, it takes real dedication from the other teams to catch up and since the scene in NA is kinda small, even smaller then in EU, it’s probably hard for the other teams to practice well.

I really wonder how the Abjured and other teams in NA and EU as well train. I see some EU teams scrimming against other top-teams and playing together, sometimes also with mixed teams from top-teams.
In NA, I only ever see solo-Q’s on like phantas stream. Yeah sure, they might not show their real training and scrims, but I simply don’t know. ^^’

Problem with training is that when one team is ahead of others, you can’t just train against the “lower” teams, cuz it’s hard to get better when playing against teams that loose to abjured anyways. It’s also sometimes hard and disheartening to scrim against a team that just always stomps you. To get good training, you need teams just slightly better then yours and the more different teams, the better.

in PvP

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

When one team is just way ahead of the others, it takes real dedication from the other teams to catch up and since the scene in NA is kinda small, even smaller then in EU, it’s probably hard for the other teams to practice well.

I really wonder how the Abjured and other teams in NA and EU as well train. I see some EU teams scrimming against other top-teams and playing together, sometimes also with mixed teams from top-teams.
In NA, I only ever see solo-Q’s on like phantas stream. Yeah sure, they might not show their real training and scrims, but I simply don’t know. ^^’

Problem with training is that when one team is ahead of others, you can’t just train against the “lower” teams, cuz it’s hard to get better when playing against teams that loose to abjured anyways. It’s also sometimes hard and disheartening to scrim against a team that just always stomps you. To get good training, you need teams just slightly better then yours and the more different teams, the better.

Alot of them have been playing this game with top tier players in top tier matchups so long most don’t even need to truly practice to understand teamwork on that kind of level. I mean yea they practice as a team, but they’re mostly inner mixes in a pw protected arena , where a bunch of top tier players get together and face each other on a specific map. Most of the practice comes here and also dueling / testing builds with each other.

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Reicta.2178

Reicta.2178

Actually, this may sound like I’m calling them bad aswell, but I actually do think alot of people don’t understand why they are so dominant, some people seem to view these players as gods of the esport pantheon of the NA scene that rains down hellfire on any who dare oppose them.

Are they good? Yes.

Are they great? Yes.

But it’s because there is no other teams that really stick around long enough to grow to their level. Same happened with TCG in EU.

I really wish some NA teams could stick with being a punching bag for a while until they can actually challenge Abjured, the NA scene is so dead it’s on life support.

Or the Abjured can magically disapear, either works for bringing the NA scene back from the dead.

Well said. I just came back to the game after a year, so I was legitimately curious why all the other NA teams can have tense, close games but then get completely blown out of the water by The Abjured.

Like others have said, it seems that even if other teams have similar skill levels, Abjured just knows the scene and the game so intimately well that that they can outplay the competition by a large margin.

Very interesting to read your responses everyone!

in PvP

Posted by: Duka.5864

Duka.5864

I was really excited when Go4GW cups started and they brought money in story,I thought scene is going to rise but it looks I was wrong,problem of most teams they try to copy tcg,orng,abjured and they keep failing because you can’t beat the King in his own game,ppl can’t understand that!

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Lol im sorry there not unstoppable but the NA teams overall arent as good as the EU top teams. Eu top 5 teams are better then our top 5 teams and to me thats mostly cause the NA best players arent playing the game as often.

If you go watch the bracket breakdown of the Tol recent teams. The 2 casters were predicting teams because of 1-2 players who might be playing and they were right. A team ranked 16 beating the number ranked 1-2-3 teams who are playing the weeklys events say something. The 2 casters were calling them out by name too.

When you play these top level teams there just better in every situation whether its 1vs 1 all the way to 5 vs 5. The abjured have 5 of the best 25 players in NA playing for them. The other 20 players either arent playing anymore/randomly popping in and out of tourneys/ and arent playing together. This is no offense to the other players with these top teams but many of the top NA teams not named abjured all have 2-3 elite players and the others are guys just arent at that level. Its less about the abjured and more about the top players wanting to play with one another and put the time into the PvP arena/game