What's up now with Thief F1 Steal?

in PvP

Posted by: syntohras.1064

syntohras.1064

Why is there now a target needed for steal? 0.0 Can’t go stealth or gain Boons anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Embrace the pain.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Thats because you can’t steal spoon, if there is no spoon.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

There are still thieves playing this game. Must fix it.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Cant steal anymore boons from oxygen :P

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

How dare you pretend to be effective with the thief class?

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Cant steal anymore boons from oxygen :P

So I guess if the target doesn’t have swiftness/fury/might thief shouldn’t even get those boons with Thrill, right?

Oh crap, I gave them another nerf idea.

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Why is there now a target needed for steal?`[…]

What were you stealing from before? Thin air? It’s amazing how long that have been going on.

Sometimes mechanics overule lore, but this is a case of lore overruling mechanics. It just didn’t make any sense.

Now, I would not be against some F3 skill slot that can give the thief some sort of self-boost. Like a second pocket you can get. maybe with a trait, that stores defensive items instead offensive ones like F2 does, and make it so boons, stealth stun breaks and other self-targeted effects are linked to that one instead on stealing.

So, for example, stealing from a mesmer with that pocket would no longer give you a plasma that gives boons, but a skill that deals lots of short duration conditions on the enemy, and one usual plasma that gives the thief lots of short boons; from a guardian you’d get the usual mace, but also something that gives some stacks of stability and aegis to self; and so on.
You then choose to use either, but both are lost when either is used.

But stealing itself has to reach an enemy and actually steal from them to have its effects.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

What were you stealing from before? Thin air? It’s amazing how long that have been going on.

Sometimes mechanics overule lore, but this is a case of lore overruling mechanics. It just didn’t make any sense.

Now, I would not be against some F3 skill slot that can give the thief some sort of self-boost. Like a second pocket you can get with a trait that stores defensive items instead offensive ones like F2 does, and make it so boons, stealth stun breaks and other defensive effects are linked to that one instead on stealing.

But stealing itself has to reach an enemy and actually steal from them to have its effects.

Let’s apply this amazing logic to EVERY SINGLE spell in game so it makes “sense”. For example backstab can be blocked when hitting from behind, what are you blocking with? Or i get hit by channeled spells in stealth, WHAT are they even following if enemy can’t see me? Or if i steal axe from warrior WHY can he STILL use his AXE? I plant a tree on the ground, WHY can enemies run through it? Why can ranger pet still run around and even rez ranger when i killed it?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Please Notice.6875

Please Notice.6875

I cant stop crying, when i playing thief on spvp.

in PvP

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]
Let’s apply this amazing logic to EVERY SINGLE spell in game so it makes “sense”. For example backstab can be blocked when hitting from behind, what are you blocking with? Or i get hit by channeled spells in stealth, WHAT are they even following if enemy can’t see me? Of if i steal axe from warrior WHY can he STILL use his AXE?

When steal is on recharge, you have all other skills. If you actually threw the axe, you lose the autoattack and 2 weapon skills, and there’s no unarmed skills to replace them meanwhile. So they have to keep the axe.

There’s actually weapons that work that way, but they are on NPCs hands in PvE. You can prevent a Jotun from getting its weapon back, and they attack with unarmed attacks.

As fun as it’ll be to actually be able to disarm an enemy and force them to use unarmed attacks until they recover their weapon, it’ll be too annoying to the one using the weapon, and they would simply stop using the skill.

Weapons having a ‘hammerspace’ and not needing ammo or extra weapons to keep throwing them saves lots of hassles. That’s why rangers can just keep firing arros and throwing axes without ever running out.

So in that case mechanics overrule lore. I did say the opposite happens too. It goes on a case by case.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

Now, I would not be against some F3 skill slot that can give the thief some sort of self-boost. Like a second pocket you can get. maybe with a trait, that stores defensive items instead offensive ones like F2 does, and make it so boons, stealth stun breaks and other self-targeted effects are linked to that one instead on stealing.

So, for example, stealing from a mesmer with that pocket would no longer give you a plasma that gives boons, but a skill that deals lots of short duration conditions on the enemy, and one usual plasma that gives the thief lots of short boons; from a guardian you’d get the usual mace, but also something that gives some stacks of stability and aegis to self; and so on.

I guess I should permanently steal legendaries and gold too from my foes ,where is the logic when I cannot actually steal from the enemy’s inventory

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I guess I should permanently steal legendaries and gold too from my foes ,where is the logic when I cannot actually steal from the enemy’s inventory

You should steal pips from your foes.

in PvP

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

Mithran ur points doens’t make any sense. Did you think now that classes got balanced also with realism? lol so then every other classes need such nerves. No channeling kitten anymore witch is unlogical like heck when thief go in stealth.

The right point is → there wasn’t anything wrong with a non target steal about 3 years. So why now such a ninja nerv?

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Why can ranger pet still run around and even rez ranger when i killed it?

That was questioned a long time ago, even got some great suggestions like this one:

“there should be a long cooldown between bringing out a pet after it gets killed. Realistically, after a pet dies the ranger should have to dig kitten and bury the pet in a cardboard box then morn it for 5-10 weeks before buying a new one from the pet store” styx.7294
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Ranger-Pets-Overpowered/first#post3691506

So if the ranger pet refuses to die and the ranger can’t properly grief, seems ok for thief steal from air. It is a thief, never underestimate what and how far one can go to steal.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

Care to apply logic to Mesmer shatter? In that case, Mesmer should insta die from using any F abilities.

in PvP

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

Care to apply logic to Mesmer shatter? In that case, Mesmer should insta die from using any F abilities.

Clones and phantasms are hollow. Mesmers that shatter on their location are shattering a clone that is around them like a second skin, not themselves.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

Clones and phantasms are hollow. Mesmers that shatter on their location are shattering a clone that is around them like a second skin, not themselves.

Yup. That’s why a bomb vest is totally safe for the user…

Anywy, to recapitulate: mechanics overrule lore, except if lore can kitten up teefs.

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

[…]

I can tell you’re trying very hard, but I think deep down you know you’re wrong here. There’s no way ANet implemented this nerf based on “realism”

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I must say I laughed at this change. Not because of any prejudice to thieves but because of how uncalled for and out of the blue it came.

Who knows, hopefully it’s a bug and someone from ANet can comment on this change, maybe on Reddit?

in PvP

Posted by: Luto.1938

Luto.1938

This has already been fixed. They fixed it in last nights patch.

Luto Locke
Twitch Stream