What's your WTS prediction??

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

http://strawpoll.me/5136424

Hard for me to really get behind any team cause all 3 teams I know about have people I like and enjoy watching play on them.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Dr Gonzo.6259

Dr Gonzo.6259

I voted TCG cause I’d like to see some nice Mesmer plays and see what build ends up being used by Helseth. I have a feeling Abjured are looking for revenge though, I wouldn’t count them out, though it depends on if everyone is playing their main class (did Caith switch to ele or is he still maurader engi? what about Phanta?) I guess we’ll have to see what happens. R O M seemed a little too confident.

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

I’d go for oRNG.

People are already underestimating them(again) and we know how ended the last WTS…

Abjured seems strong as always but their comp is weak compared to oRNG or TCG dunno what china would bring up.
TCG is strong enough to take the cup but tbh I don’t think they’ll win.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

All I know is that I want to see Abured play against both TCG and oRNG. Beyond that, I don’t care who wins.

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

How can you consider abjurdes comp worse than oRNGs comp?
Mesmer and Ele are incredible strong now. TCG and Abjured are both able to run double ele and TCG also brings a Mesmer.oRNG on the other hand ,has two main guards and one main warrior/ranger which is defintly not optimal.

So with reference to the comp oRNG defintly is in a disadvantage imo.
Though, I’m pretty confident that oRNG can do it owing to their mentality in those tournements and ofc because of the “true hype”

Grimkram [sS]

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I voted TCG cause I’d like to see some nice Mesmer plays and see what build ends up being used by Helseth. I have a feeling Abjured are looking for revenge though, I wouldn’t count them out, though it depends on if everyone is playing their main class (did Caith switch to ele or is he still maurader engi? what about Phanta?) I guess we’ll have to see what happens. R O M seemed a little too confident.

Chaith still plays marauder engi and will be playing it as far as we know, while phanta still does ele. They could surprise everyone and run radically different builds for the WTS (well not the two eles anyway) but I doubt it.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

I’m expecting there is a very good chance Rom is going to play Power Ranger for at least a few games. I feel like all the comps have upsides and downsides for the three teams.

I’m predicting 1 oRNG, 2 TCG, 3 Abjured, 4 GLHF. Even though I’d say oRNG has a weaker comp than Abjured/TCG, I feel like they have the most team fight synergy and LAN experience, which should go a long way.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

The Logo will prevail boiz!!

That said, this WTS gonna be really interesting, I really dont know which team will win, all of them seems enough strong towin the tournament

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I’m excited to see new builds unless it was all hot air of them. :p

Anyway, TCG hasn’t won one yet. So I’ll go with them.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I’m EU, but would like NA to win this time, just because they’re not afraid of running Necromancer.

It can hardly get more stale than oRNG vs. TCG.

I’m curious about Chinese team, though.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

I’m behind oRNG, because a lot of people thought they would lose to the Abjured the first time around and they gave everyone a good show. Although I think this will be the most entertaining WTS yet, hopefully China brings their A game.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

nearlight.3064

I’m expecting there is a very good chance Rom is going to play Power Ranger for at least a few games. I feel like all the comps have upsides and downsides for the three teams.

I’m predicting 1 oRNG, 2 TCG, 3 Abjured, 4 GLHF. Even though I’d say oRNG has a weaker comp than Abjured/TCG, I feel like they have the most team fight synergy and LAN experience, which should go a long way.

Just wondering, unless Rom does play ranger, how does oRNG have a weaker comp than the Abjured? I don’t follow EU too much, but doesn’t oRNG usually run double ele, D/P thief, mesmer, and support guard these days (which is what metabattle has concluded to be the 4 meta builds of this game Q_Q)? Meanwhile, I love the abjured, but necromancer/engi while ran with great and powerful builds don’t seem to have the meta status at the moment.

Disclaimer: I’m not a blind slave to the meta team comp, I’m just wondering what your reasoning is.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

Just wondering, unless Rom does play ranger, how does oRNG have a weaker comp than the Abjured? I don’t follow EU too much, but doesn’t oRNG usually run double ele, D/P thief, mesmer, and support guard these days (which is what metabattle has concluded to be the 4 meta builds of this game Q_Q)? Meanwhile, I love the abjured, but necromancer/engi while ran with great and powerful builds don’t seem to have the meta status at the moment.

Disclaimer: I’m not a blind slave to the meta team comp, I’m just wondering what your reasoning is.

From what I’ve seen oRNG typically runs Ele, Thief, Guard, War/Guard (Frae), War/Ranger (ROM).

Abjured runs Ele x2, Thief, Engineer, Necro.

I’d say this puts oRNG at a disadvantage vs Abjured because double ele is better than Warrior/Ele and Necro/Ele/Engineer are all strengthened by the fact that oRNG doesn’t bring the Mes/Thief double burst combo. That means those classes can have a lot more sustain. Having Noscoc on Cele necro is also an advantage should Frae attempt to run burn guardian. The bunker guardian that Tage runs is also not as strong vs a bruiser comp like Abjured as it would be vs a mes/thief comp.

Overall comp-wise I’d put Abjured vs oRNG heavily in Abjured favor, although that doesn’t mean I think oRNG can’t win vs Abjured.

Just as an example: Who is going to be able to 1v1 Phantaram or Noscoc on the Abjured? Noscoc has winning matchups vs warrior, burn guardian, ele. Phanta is good enough to 1v1 any of them and can only be stalemated by Denshee effectively. If ROM goes Ranger instead of Rampage, they have even weaker chances and it gives Abjured the option to play Focus eles if they want.

I’d expect to see oRNG force as many large fights as possible to capitalize on their bunker guardian and overall they have the strongest team fight capability of any of the three teams imo. If Abjured successfully forces 1v1s, and 2v2 skirmishes, I’d expect Abjured to win.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

That’s a pretty good analysis. Another opportunity for oRNG is to take out Chaith’s engineer with Fraes burnguardian as quick as possible. Engineer is super vulnerable to burning stacks after using the healskill. If they’re able to manage this, they can snowball abjured and they’ll have enough time to rotate with their bunkerguardian.
But the comp favours Abjured,though.

Grimkram [sS]

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Rooting for oRNG.

“You’re my boy Blue!” (or in this case, orange)

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

nearlight.3064

@infantrydiv, that makes a lot of sense then. But just wondering, whos Frostball, the mesmer that they sometimes run? Yeah, its painfully obvious that I barely follow the EU scene haha

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

Who ever uses the downed state more efficiently while in a 4on4 and sending there 5th man (out of a team of 3-4 bruisers) to play hopscotch?

That’s pretty much pvp in a nutshell for gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

China is the wildcard tbh, there was a fire and water team in the last ESL NA weekly which only got to play one match but wiped the floor with the NA team before being disqualified.

I think so long as China doesn’t come out of nowhere with some weird comp that wrecks everyone it will be an EU final. Abjured are top of NA but they really lack competition to really drive them to be better.

EU at least has 2 teams, both with quite different comps that challenge each other to be better and it seems there’s another 3rd team that’s looking very competitive.

It’s too close between the 2 EU teams to call for me, I’ve seen oRNG in weeklies get slaughtered by TCG then other weeks oRNG just serve up a masterclass of how to combat TCG and mesmers.

All I know is it’s going to be a great set of matches.

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

Honestly dunno, probably Abjured because They have the right mix lan experience/strength

TCG has an amazing team comp and very good players but for many of them it’s the first time in a gw2 lan event and this could be a factor.

Orng great experience but i think They have some composition issue, especially for Rom role.

Pretty curious to see ROM in action and his performance.

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

I’m expecting there is a very good chance Rom is going to play Power Ranger for at least a few games.

So what you’re saying is that oRNG are so confident about winning that they’re even going to throw a few games on purpose?

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

@infantrydiv, that makes a lot of sense then. But just wondering, whos Frostball, the mesmer that they sometimes run? Yeah, its painfully obvious that I barely follow the EU scene haha

Frostball is essentially a 6th man for the team right now, from what I understand he’s 15 or 16 years old so too young to participate in the WTS but fills in for players when main team members are absent (ROM was on vacation for a few weeks which is why we saw Frostball play a lot)

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Aeroxe.8140

Aeroxe.8140

I’m kind of mixed between all the teams….they all have their ups and downs so I’ll be rooting for them all…?

Thief (main), ele, guard
Past member of most teams NA. Retired proleague season 1+2.
http://www.twitch.tv/aeroxe

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

Prediction = TCG wonnered

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

The Trebseth will prevail.

#BelieveInHelseth

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

I’m EU, but would like NA to win this time, just because they’re not afraid of running Necromancer.

A part of me want them butchered, so that designers might take a look at necro.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

I’m rooting for oRNG.

I do hope the China team ends up placing 2nd tho.

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

China for #1 place.

So we can laugh at EU and NA.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

To all the people who didn’t vote for The Abjured… TWO WORDS:

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: hisorange.3957

hisorange.3957

I don’t think team composition will be a winning factor, but rather player roles.
If you watch both EU and NA weeklys you can see that NA is kinda independent any of their member can go down without losing their overall strategy, while EU teams are a bit built around an idea, like TCG utilizes fast rotations with Helseth’s portals and if he gets taken out they slow down, oRNG trying to keep a node with Tage’s high sustainablity while fighting for the other node in 4v3 situations.

But in the meantime NA going with a strategy where they utilize Toker’s impressive map awareness, Nos’s sustainability, Chaith’s speed, Fanta’s & Wakkey’s heals / synergy in team fights.

At the end of the day, I will look forward for NA’s win but any of the team wins it will deserve the trophy cuz all of them are really top players / teams.