When is the ranger going to be nerfed down?

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Power Ranger is as close as it will get for Ranger to take any form of skill. But they still have way too many evades and stun breaks to even be a risky class or spec to begin with.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

All is vain. .

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

This is a question that can only be answered by first asking, who does Anet wish to balance for? The reason I say this is because ranger is a relatively low skill floor class that can be INCREDIBLY effective when it’s two new players facing each other. It can do good damage from range or be almost unkillable with close quarter conditions all while this AI that uses its skills on its own is hitting surprisingly hard. That being said, ranger has a skill ceiling just as high as any class. We flash forward to the top tier and all of a sudden ranger goes from being super good to non-existent. Players learn how to stand behind terrain and how to dodge so they don’t eat rapid fire after rapid fire. They learn how to cleanse conditions at the right times and how to time their skills at the end of the ranger evades that leave them vulnerable during the after-cast. They learn how to dodge the pet skills and how to keep moving so the pet autos go from landing 18/20 to 1/20. All of a sudden, the ranger is at a disadvantage and is required to take his play to a whole other level that he didn’t have to before. The ranger has to learn to master his terrain, be in places that his opponent can’t get to easily. The ranger has to learn to skill cancel his pet in order to guarantee his CC lands. He has to learn when to use his pets and when to use EVERY cool down efficiently because if he doesn’t, he will lose the fight. When in a 2 v 2 the ranger can’t just AoE cleave both people on the node, the ranger has to swap target over and over and over to interrupt that guy, damage this guy, pet cc the other guy. There is a reason there aren’t rangers at top tier.

So, is ranger overpowered? Are you a noob? Yes? Then yes. Probably everything is overpowered then.

Is ranger overpowered? Are you good at this game? Yes? Then no, you might need to learn to be better.

So ranger is overpowered in 99% of PVP situations, and in order to counter some ranger rolling their face on their keyboard you need to a be top tier tournament player.

Sounds fair to me.

in PvP

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

This is a question that can only be answered by first asking, who does Anet wish to balance for? The reason I say this is because ranger is a relatively low skill floor class that can be INCREDIBLY effective when it’s two new players facing each other. It can do good damage from range or be almost unkillable with close quarter conditions all while this AI that uses its skills on its own is hitting surprisingly hard. That being said, ranger has a skill ceiling just as high as any class. We flash forward to the top tier and all of a sudden ranger goes from being super good to non-existent. Players learn how to stand behind terrain and how to dodge so they don’t eat rapid fire after rapid fire. They learn how to cleanse conditions at the right times and how to time their skills at the end of the ranger evades that leave them vulnerable during the after-cast. They learn how to dodge the pet skills and how to keep moving so the pet autos go from landing 18/20 to 1/20. All of a sudden, the ranger is at a disadvantage and is required to take his play to a whole other level that he didn’t have to before. The ranger has to learn to master his terrain, be in places that his opponent can’t get to easily. The ranger has to learn to skill cancel his pet in order to guarantee his CC lands. He has to learn when to use his pets and when to use EVERY cool down efficiently because if he doesn’t, he will lose the fight. When in a 2 v 2 the ranger can’t just AoE cleave both people on the node, the ranger has to swap target over and over and over to interrupt that guy, damage this guy, pet cc the other guy. There is a reason there aren’t rangers at top tier.

So, is ranger overpowered? Are you a noob? Yes? Then yes. Probably everything is overpowered then.

Is ranger overpowered? Are you good at this game? Yes? Then no, you might need to learn to be better.

So ranger is overpowered in 99% of PVP situations, and in order to counter some ranger rolling their face on their keyboard you need to a be top tier tournament player.

Sounds fair to me.

Well balance should be done in cooperation of high tier tournaments and good players. If balanced was done just to please the casuals this game would never be balanced, look how wow ended.

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Only thing I’m not really happy about is the fact that they don’t really have to set up their burst. If they had to go through something other than “use knockback skill and press 2” I’d be happy but this is more of a convenience thing for me as I can still find many a fun way to wreck lb rangers. Well, that and the fact that entangle is unblockable which is, once again, more of a convenience thing except in the case of condi ranger where it allows for a 20 bleed stack condi burst with burn poison and lots of trash condis to cover them.

On a side note: For people that say lb ranger is unkillable just don’t attack them while their signet of stone is active. Los them until it’s gone then burst them and enjoy you easy kill

edit: before people accuse me of being a ranger spammer I will be the one to admit I am a thief main so that argument is invalid.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

LB Rangers aren’t much worse than any other insane burst build. I feel like if I’m smart at least I can kill a ranger, where as certain other burst builds have more control over their fate. LB rangers are kind of all-in or no win. I never really understood the amount of hate they get. At first, I even thought it was a joke. They hurt, and can do it from far away, but hell, its no worse than people who hurt a bit worse and have evades or many blinds or better sustain. Just shifts some of the pressure from one aspect to another.

Best bet if you want to get better at the game is stop complaining about EVERY build that exists. LB are fine. Turrets are fine. Celest Ele/Engineer, eh maybe a bit too good, but overall mostly fine. Warrior shouts are fine.

Most of these builds didn’t even change much over the years, other more OP builds just got nerfed. Goes to show what would happen if any of the popular builds did get nerfed~ right on to something else.

in PvP

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

There is a way to fight every class, with rangers it’s a learn to play issue- So, find a better way to approach rangers, because they go down easier than you think.

Saying rangers need nerfs is like saying eles need nerfs— it’s all Learn to play

I was with my friend in a ranked match, who was a mesmer- 2 rangers on other team so naturally those rangers want to longbow everything, but when you get upclose they kitten . I had my ele focus which blocked incoming fire & my mes friend would feedback & it would down their entire team. Very funny & works everytime.

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

OK ok since NO ONE seems to be logical, all that is required is for Anet to root a ranger in place OR add a telegraphed cast/channel(short) animation when cast LB2 and all is well.

I actually raged over the weekend because I had 2 LB rangers in my team. They brought nothing to the team because the enemy team understood how to fight them, it was effectively a 3v5. I HATE having them in my team(same goes for the so called OP, turret engi)

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

(edited by Novuake.2691)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

“Nerf Rangers!”
-Mesmers, Thieves, Engis, and glassy builds

“Nerf Thieves!”
-Mesmers, Rangers, glassy builds

“Nerf condis!”
-Glassy classes with no condi cleanses

OP if Ranger’s did it all, why don’t teams utilize them in ESL? No top team uses rangers… these threads are quite ridiculous =/

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Novuake.2691

“Nerf Rangers!”
_-Mesmers, Thieves, Engis, and glassy builds

“Nerf Thieves!”
-Mesmers, Rangers, glassy builds

“Nerf condis!”
-Glassy classes with no condi cleanses

OP if Ranger’s did it all, why don’t teams utilize them in ESL? No top team uses rangers… these threads are quite ridiculous =/

Anything new? Nope. Will it stop? Unfortunately not.

in PvP

Shiyo.3578

@Novuake the problem with turret engineer isn’t that it’s strong or overpowered, it’s the fact that passive damage you don’t even control or press buttons or aim to use shouldn’t exist in PVP. I can kind of understand why new players would hate it.

(edited by Shiyo.3578)

in PvP

Novuake.2691

@Novuake the problem with turret engineer isn’t that it’s strong or overpowered, it’s the fact that passive damage you don’t even control or press buttons or aim to use shouldn’t exist in PVP

Why? Who said that?
Since when is that ANETs policy?
Half our Sigils are completely passive procs…

in PvP

Shiyo.3578

No one said it, it’s just unfun to fight against pets that do a lot of damage to squishy builds.

Sigil procs and a pet with a decent amount of HP that does damage are COMPLETELY different things.

I have no problem with turrets, but they shouldn’t be a thing.

in PvP

Novuake.2691

No one said it, it’s just unfun to fight against pets that do a lot of damage to squishy builds.

Sigil procs and a pet with a decent amount of HP that does damage are COMPLETELY different things.

Then you have a problem with them………..

The difference is a pet is PREDICTABLE and easy enough to play against.
Sigil procs like Fire/Air ARE a REAL problem (same goes for Incendiary Powder that is too strong) and you are complaining about turret engis. Sighhhh…

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Squishy classes think everything is OP…

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Shiyo.3578

Then you have a problem with them………..

The difference is a pet is PREDICTABLE and easy enough to play against.
Sigil procs like Fire/Air ARE a REAL problem (same goes for Incendiary Powder that is too strong) and you are complaining about turret engis. Sighhhh…

I’m not complaining about anything, I don’t have a problem with turrets at all, I just think something like that shouldn’t be a thing in PVP for the sake of new players.

Please stop.

in PvP

Posted by: truthishly.9513

truthishly.9513

I main glkittenter mes and I love killing turret engis. No complaints here

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

That censor though.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: truthishly.9513

truthishly.9513

That censor though.

Yeah… when I first started reading the mesmer forums I had no idea what was going on.

in PvP

Posted by: mooty.4560

mooty.4560

The power ranger spec has a nice burst and, lesser players spam pb shot on recharge. That’s the problem.. this build is [bold]annoying[/bold]. It’s neither great nor overpowered.

in PvP

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Rangers don’t need a nerf, rapid fire needs a damage nerf. I can kill most people from full to downed in one attack. I’ll continue to play my ranger until that nerf comes though. Easy ranger wins.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Or you could you know… Just dodge or LoS it?

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

@ Shiyo

Well no Shiyo, I would argue power ranger is completely overpowered in less than 5% of the situations it is in. If 2 BRAND NEW players both picked 2 classes and one picked ranger while the other picked class X I would argue the ranger would win every duel between the two. Flash forward like a few months and I bet the ranger would start to lose as class X learns how to dodge, LoS, use his cds. Flash forward a year and the ranger is having a lot of trouble. Flash forward 2 years and the ranger cannot win a single fight because class X has learned how to play the game. The ONLY time ranger is overpowered is when people don’t understand how to play the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

@ Shiyo

Well no Shiyo, I would argue power ranger is completely overpowered in less than 5% of the situations it is in. If 2 BRAND NEW players both picked 2 classes and one picked ranger while the other picked class X I would argue the ranger would win every duel between the two. Flash forward like a few months and I bet the ranger would start to lose as class X learns how to dodge, LoS, use his cds. Flash forward a year and the ranger is having a lot of trouble. Flash forward 2 years and the ranger cannot win a single fight because class X has learned how to play the game. The ONLY time ranger is overpowered is when people don’t understand how to play the game.

Your exaple seems to portray that players playing ranger does not get better.
If we were to compensate and look at ranger development (in a similarly ideal setting as you think player B will have)
The first six months to a year of ranger play will mostly consist of learning what skills and pets does, you learn to maximize your performance on the ranger part while leaving the pet performance in the dust. A year ot so in you realize that the pet truly is essential and that including it into your play is very important. From here on out, the difference between a good and average ranger is simply down to mechanical player skill and the innate ability to multi task.

Two years of play should leave you in a position to challenge and beat most players, given that either your own or the enemies build is hardcountering the other build.
In terms of pvp, the victory conditions from being new to having two years of experience, assuming a steady linear growth in skill, can be seen like this
Build > build + skill > skill > 75% build + 25% skill.

What do i mean by this? By the time you reach the very apex of skill, your build in relation with your enemies build will be the major deciding factor. At this point, only mistakes on the superior builds side will allow the inferior build to win.

Example of this.
Average DD ele vs average LB ranger – ranger got a fair chance to win
Good DD ele vs Good LB ranger – ranger will have almost no chance to win (> 20%)
Once the skill is jacked up a notch, rangers chance to win goes down to below 10%. Only sheer human error will give the ranger a win by then.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Shiyo.3578

@ Shiyo

This is why ranger has very bad class design. A class shouldn’t be easymode instant win vs new players and completely useless vs good players.

in PvP

Novuake.2691

Rangers don’t need a nerf, rapid fire needs a damage nerf. I can kill most people from full to downed in one attack. I’ll continue to play my ranger until that nerf comes though. Easy ranger wins.

How sportsmanlike of you…

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

The ONLY time ranger is overpowered is when people don’t understand how to play the game.

And here it comes, a typical ranger main telling us that Ranger is an L2P issue.

He forgets the fact that Ranger baits out dodges easy because attacks are easy to land and pet baits dodges too while you can’t count Ranger dodges.
He forgets the fact that Ranger has protection on dodge when they DO get hit by something.
And when the ranger is getting condi bursted or spiked? They pop signet of renewal and/or signet of stone.
They also have kittened mobility for an evade spam class.

Keep defending your class. Ranger class takes no skill and will always be effective no matter how good other players are. I bet you enjoy bragging about your accomplishments as a ranger when truth is people who play ranger are probably one of the most illiterate people that you’ll see.

TL;DR People play ranger because it’s so easy to play and that they fail at classes which need actual thought process.

in PvP

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

Rapid fire does not “kill most people from full to downed in one attack”. Rapid fire can do up to 10-11k damage on a zerk mesmer under specific circumstances (full damage build, full damage boosts up, target does/can not react, you roll well on crits).

Mesmers can do the same. Guardians can do the same. Thieves can do the same. This is not unique.

@Amir : you seem pretty angry dude. I’m a zerk ranger also playing cele evis war, zerk mesmers and bunker guard. Being good at zerk ranger is as complicated as other builds.

(edited by Ouroboros.5076)

in PvP

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

The ONLY time ranger is overpowered is when people don’t understand how to play the game.

And here it comes, a typical ranger main telling us that Ranger is an L2P issue.

He forgets the fact that Ranger baits out dodges easy because attacks are easy to land and pet baits dodges too while you can’t count Ranger dodges.
He forgets the fact that Ranger has protection on dodge when they DO get hit by something.
And when the ranger is getting condi bursted or spiked? They pop signet of renewal and/or signet of stone.

Keep defending your class. Ranger class takes no skill and will always be effective no matter how good other players are. I bet you enjoy bragging about your accomplishments as a ranger when truth is people who play ranger are probably one of the most illiterate people that you’ll see.

TL;DR People play ranger because it’s so easy to play and that they fail at classes which need actual thought process.

No good player use ranger sPvP, there are far better classes out there, you will realise it when you get better at the game.

in PvP

Prysin.8542

@amir
It is not much harder to set up a evis burst on a warrior then it is to setup a rapid fire burst. Both hit equally hard, both can have their damage completely mitigated through the same mechanics, however only rapidfire can have its full damage reflected back at the ranger.
Ranger has issues that needs buffs, and it needs lots of them. But 9/10 “buffs” is quality of life changes that keep dragging the whole class down. Pet functions, heals outside of healing skills, the healing skills themselves are slightly underwhelming in a competitive scene. The ranger lacks aoe pressure to the point of being a duelist or peeler only class. You cannot effectively take on two players for more then 20-30 seconds before you start to crumble. Regardless of your ranger build.
The pet mechanic, a core function of the class, does not help you, it hinders you. We have condi removal, cc, support and 25-30% of the total DPS of the whole class tied up in a furball that dies or we are forced to put it on cooldown from random aoe. You do not see mesmers having to lose all their function for 20-60 seconds due to random aoe. At most their mechanic is out for 8sec before they got 2-3 illusions up. Thus their mechanic is back up and working. Mesmer mechanic however is based on disposing your pets, ranger mechanic is based on sustaining the pet. However due to pet design it is impossible to maintain peak performance and keep the furball alive. Either furball dies, or you gotta swap it for a less optimal pet.
Melee pets chance to land hits on the average player is around 4-6/20. Ranged pets somewhere around 10-12/20. That means i do 25-30% less damage in 75-80% of attacks with melee pets, or 40-50% of attacks with ranged pets. to every other class, that is almost equal to fighting a target with 30% more armor and -33% more condi duration then their build normally offers.
All while still being hampered by quality of life issues, underwhelming healing skills and 85-90% reliance on active defense while other classes can enjoy passive defenses en masse or having multiple sources of heals so that they are no longer required to time or set up their heal.

Ranger has legitimate issues. They are strong, but never strong enough to be a “best choice”. Spirit ranger was only a L2P issue that took players a little time to figure out, result is that the build can no longer be used effectively, because it is hard countered by bow wielding warriors, engies and DD eles. All of which you will find in any competent or even soloQ group.
Beastmaster suffers from having to rely on delivering the brunt of its damage with worse RNG on the pet landing a hit then getting exotic drops in WvW.
Trapper get owned by condies or stuns, both which is prevalent

As for eura defending ranger – he has fair points, and does not need to stoop to personal attacks or calling people out in order to somehow concoct a point. Think about that.

(edited by Prysin.8542)

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I shouldn’t even waste my time responding to this, but I will.
1. Does ranger bait dodges? Power ranger does with lb autos, sure.
So do other classes:
scepter ele (insta-cast burst)
shatter mesmer (stealth)
thief (stealth)
engineer pull (can be cancelled)
necro (marks to an extent)

3/5 of those can do it without even autoing! They get to just stand there and cause people to dodge and LoS (almost the same as the ranger). How do you deal with them? If you can see them you use line of sight.

Protection on dodge roll doesn’t last long, most power rangers don’t take protection on dodge sooooo I don’t know how why you’re random dodging if they aren’t power then…

Most of the evades have an aftercast where the ranger is vulnerable, but I understand that might be a little too hard for newer players (like yourself I presume) but that still makes it a learn to play issue.

Once they get condi bursted then the have skills to deal with that, same as any other but afterwards they are vulnerable to another burst. Same way with signet of stone…

I don’t see how I have been bragging anywhere on these forums about my ranger “accomplishments”.

You’re entitled to your opinion that you think ranger is easy to play. I think it is as well. However, we differ at what level ranger is “good”. When people learn how to play, ranger becomes less effective and as Prysin puts it quickly becomes a situation of how well can the ranger control the pet and how skilled is the player mechanically? Then at that point I find rangers to be fighting an up-hill battle because there is almost nothing that ranger does that another class cannot do better.

That leads us back to here:

in PvP

Posted by: Shieldbash.5304

Shieldbash.5304

I swear, there seems to be a thread for each class that says they are overpowered.

Wheres the Warrior is OP thread?

in PvP

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

@ Shiyo

This is why ranger has very bad class design. A class shouldn’t be easymode instant win vs new players and completely useless vs good players.

mesmers are worse in this regard. The clone design completely perplexes all newbies (and some vets) who cannot pick the real mesmer out fast enough, and if the mez has any burst at all, newbies have little chance..

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Why nerf em? I just love when a power ranger pounds himself to death with his own Sh@##$ attack bouncing off my mesmers feedback. It’s really fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

Right here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/11K-dmg-eviscerate/first#post4740889

eta: Oh, it’s closed. We’ll get another one eventually though, no worries.

(edited by Elegy.2159)

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

I swear, there seems to be a thread for each class that says they are overpowered.

Warriors are so telegraphed it is hard to call them OP
So are Rangers but not as obvious.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Posted by: DeTriX.4503

DeTriX.4503

I highly congratulate “Eurantien” from Team Dankening for being the first Ranger to make a mark in Competitive Scene in GW2 to make it to PAX East!

But in my opinion Rangers are very underused but arent over power nor under powered. Rangers right now in this meta are “Unviable”. Any good teams with proper communications and coordinations can shut down a “Power” ranger due to the lack of utilities for its survivability compared to any DPS profession such as thieves who has access to perma stealth and mobility and Mesmers who also has stealth and multiple invulnerability. Same goes for a “Condi Survival” Ranger, it is a very strong class that can stack multiple conditions in a matter of seconds but due to the fact that the meta has revolved around multi eles or “shoutbow” warriors, those conditions can be wiped in an instance.

Yes people may say it is overpowered or underpowered but in all honesty the profession is in a good place. But with the “meta” right now it is unviable to run.

Genyen
Good Fights
Fort Aspenwood

in PvP

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

I highly congratulate “Eurantien” from Team Dankening for being the first Ranger to make a mark in Competitive Scene in GW2 to make it to PAX East!

But in my opinion Rangers are very underused but arent over power nor under powered. Rangers right now in this meta are “Unviable”. Any good teams with proper communications and coordinations can shut down a “Power” ranger due to the lack of utilities for its survivability compared to any DPS profession such as thieves who has access to perma stealth and mobility and Mesmers who also has stealth and multiple invulnerability. Same goes for a “Condi Survival” Ranger, it is a very strong class that can stack multiple conditions in a matter of seconds but due to the fact that the meta has revolved around multi eles or “shoutbow” warriors, those conditions can be wiped in an instance.

Yes people may say it is overpowered or underpowered but in all honesty the profession is in a good place. But with the “meta” right now it is unviable to run.

Your first statement contradicts your entire arguement that power rangers are “unviable”….

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

rangers have stealth and invuln as well and lots of evades.

they don’t have quite as much as thf/mes.

but that’s what they trade in order to have 1500 range high damage pew pew pew pew pew. imagine if a thf or mes had a 1500 range longbow.

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

You really should play GW2 earlier.
Back then a raven can hit you 10k with F2 :P
Ranger is much weaker than what it once was, even after the LB buff, it’s nowhere close as it once was. (Quickness on swap, quickness 2x speed, pet hits 10k, spirit immune condition, etc)

in PvP

Posted by: Wintersnight.3061

Wintersnight.3061

How do you “see” illiterate people? Also, if Rangers cannot read, then everyone responding to you must be other classes…., or they have some hawt chick reading it to them…cuz…that’s just how Rangers roll. We are the jocks of GW2. Enjoy Chess club!

A generalization is cruise control for intelligence. Everybody knows that..it could be a Geico commercial.

Cindy Lou Who, Retired Ranger
Quinn Wintersnight, Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

Illiterate could mean many things. In this case I mean it in a sense that Ranger mains are too scared to see the perspective of other classes because of how spoonfed they are with this easy class. Like even Mesmer is harder than this class and that’s saying a lot.

Like I don’t understand why Rangers “brag” about how good they are when in reality they’re only good because this class is easy.

Like learn humility already, Ranger is easy and just happened to be “unviable” which isn’t even true meaning they are still kittened viable.

TL;DR People who play ranger need to stop thinking they’re good. There are so many specs that take more skill than this easy class, like even Cele Engi or Ele takes more skill it’s not even funny.

in PvP

Posted by: SuzukiMethod.4732

SuzukiMethod.4732

Illiterate could mean many things. In this case I mean it in a sense that Ranger mains are too scared to see the perspective of other classes because of how spoonfed they are with this easy class. Like even Mesmer is harder than this class and that’s saying a lot.

Like I don’t understand why Rangers “brag” about how good they are when in reality they’re only good because this class is easy.

Like learn humility already, Ranger is easy and just happened to be “unviable” which isn’t even true meaning they are still kittened viable.

TL;DR People who play ranger need to stop thinking they’re good. There are so many specs that take more skill than this easy class, like even Cele Engi or Ele takes more skill it’s not even funny.

You should see your doctor, cuz this much salt can not be healthy.

in PvP

Posted by: DeTriX.4503

DeTriX.4503

Your first statement contradicts your entire arguement that power rangers are “unviable”….

No it kind of doesnt. Eura has been trying to make power ranger work for numerous months now and i applaud him for making it work. But with the current meta “I believe” power ranger arent viable. Eura did an excellent job avoiding dmg and like i said You need a “GOOD” team to shut it down.

Genyen
Good Fights
Fort Aspenwood

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Actually, there has been studies that show that the old “recommended sodium intake” was significantly lower than we’re reevaluating to believe. So maybe he’s the right amount of salty?

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

what you think is hard may be easy and what you think is easy maybe hard.

all are personal opinons.

weather or not Aspecs of different classes are different and ranger just sits on the opposite its all about mobility control rather than clicking a skills that auto targets like a Phantasum or a shatter is Aoe it can hardly miss and only misses if it is countered by block dodge ect.

the fact is Rangers use Evades rather than blocks or blinks or a cycle of attunements that is easy as it is just clicking or using hot keys to perform a chain of combos , being a ranger is all about controling your opposition thats why it has evades/kiting skills rather than the direct approch.

they are just different that is all nothing else.

in PvP

Posted by: SuzukiMethod.4732

SuzukiMethod.4732

Actually, there has been studies that show that the old “recommended sodium intake” was significantly lower than we’re reevaluating to believe. So maybe he’s the right amount of salty?

Maybe the arrows are coated in salt and the more that hit you, the saltier you get?

in PvP

Prysin.8542

Maybe the arrows are coated in salt and the more that hit you, the saltier you get?

Makes sense. Why else would they sting so bad?

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

If ranger is this “easy” to master, it should be all around the high-end ranked pvp already. (Which clearly is not the case.)
It’s only “easy to kill noobs”, but killing noobs doesn’t mean that you master a spec.
So there’s no right for you to say that ranger is an easy class to master if you don’t use it in top tier pvp yourself and still have numerous success. (Especially with this so called “easy LB spec” , it’s alot harder to master it than SoF condition ranger.)

All rangers have the right to brag about it if they use ranger successful enough in Top tier PVP, because not many people can do it.

in PvP

Novuake.2691

If ranger is this “easy” to master, it should be all around the high-end ranked pvp already.

You have it COMPLETELY backwards mate…