When will leaderboards be visible? [merged]

in PvP

Posted by: Davinci.8027

Davinci.8027

I know that it was stated in the pre-patch announcement that leaderboards could “take up to a week” to finally be visible. Tomorrow is the end of that week, and I’m just wondering if there is any time/timeframe we can expect to actually see the leaderboards?
To me, “up to a week” implies that a week is the latest point at which the leaderboards will be visible.

The chances of me actually getting a dev response are slim to none, though, because they’re working on the magical mystery box…

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

The better question is how often will they be updating it? Hopefully every day at least. It would suck if they made it public before the ratings settled and there were just a bunch of randoms occupying the top spots and appearing to stay on top for weeks because they decide not to update it. The PvE players trying to get their monthly done probably inflated a bunch of peoples ratings -I know I didn’t loose a single match for the first 3 days following the patch (and I’m a noob).

Neglekt

in PvP

Posted by: Oni.5429

Oni.5429

The first launch of the leaderboards is going to have the most inaccurate list ever. Every single top EU team that I know has ruined their ratings by soloquing and not playing seriously during the entirety of march because they expected a reset while a bounch of lesser teams have been playing tryhard during that month. Chalk it up to another piece of failure from arenanets communication.

So yes, I desperately hope that they update the leaderboards consistently, but I kind of doubt it.

Crs Helseth, Mesmer for Team Curse

in PvP

Davinci.8027

@Oni
The leaderboards will be taking to account the MMR pre-patch…

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Its incredibly hard to have much over a 500 record solo Quing. its much easier if u play ele or bunker guardian, bc u can kinda carry w those. Not that other clases are not good. but a ele roamer or quality bunker makes a huge difference in solo Q.

in PvP

Posted by: AshinDreidon.3861

AshinDreidon.3861

Its incredibly hard to have much over a 500 record solo Quing. its much easier if u play ele or bunker guardian, bc u can kinda carry w those. Not that other clases are not good. but a ele roamer or quality bunker makes a huge difference in solo Q.

I’ve noticed this too – I was doing soloQ on my thief and managed to sit at around 500, but decided to use my guardian more because it’s far more reliable when playing with a pug. Oh well, nature of the system I suppose.

shadow, magus, hunter (progress: ritualist, paragon)
soloQing my way through leagues…

in PvP

Oni.5429

@Oni

That’s the problem.

They reset the mmr in February(without announcement or warning which made all of our mass gaming pointless), when all the teams were playing. We all assumed mmr would come in in march with yet another reset because that makes sense. I mean, who introduces a ladder without a reset right? So during march not a single top tier team was playing seriously except for a few lower tier teams that finally got to win a lot.

Now we find out the next month that there was no reset, which heavily kittens up the initial mmr.

In the end this wont matter, it’ll get fixed. I just hope we don’t have to see those names on the leaderboards for a month c:

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

@Oni

That’s the problem.

They reset the mmr in February(without announcement or warning which made all of our mass gaming pointless), when all the teams were playing. We all assumed mmr would come in in march with yet another reset because that makes sense. I mean, who introduces a ladder without a reset right? So during march not a single top tier team was playing seriously except for a few lower tier teams that finally got to win a lot.

Now we find out the next month that there was no reset, which heavily kittens up the initial mmr.

In the end this wont matter, it’ll get fixed. I just hope we don’t have to see those names on the leaderboards for a month c:

Look at it this way, Anet’s history of implementation time suggests you guys would have enough time to group queue and rebuild your MMR before the leaderboards are released.

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

I read in a post or two from a dev saying that the leaderboard is going on right now as I’m typing this and the data is always been calculated into it. It also said that it will be available very soon, though that’s irrelevant to my question.

How exactly is this leaderboard being calculated? By individual tournament score? Tournament wins? Win + score? ELO system? What is it? Curious to know.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Oni.5429

^loltrue
15charz

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Everytime you win a game, the ratings rolls a number between 0.1 and 6. This number is then added to your rating + an additional number between 0.1-10 if their total rating exceeds your teams by 30.
When calculating the leaderboards it then subtracts 10 from your rating if you play ele, and multiplies your rating between a number from 0.1 to 40 each day. The sum is your rank on the leaderboard.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Authority.4386

Authority.4386

And what if your team consists of 5 random ppl and you lose vs. a voice-chat premade only because they have voice coordination?

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

i think my solo queueing will have probably ruined my rating

Symbolic

in PvP

ensoriki.5789

You lose points ranging from 10-80 depending on how it rolls.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

yup I read the leaderboard will be out soon, it just needs adjusting like 2 weeks ago too.

1 thing you gotta realize about mmorpg companies, they wont release anything until the next big patch, so it could’ve been fixed 2 or 3 days ago but you gotta wait a whole month just for them to put it in.

And nobody knows the exact way they rate/rank you, nothing official.

in PvP

Posted by: SAtaarcoeny.8476

SAtaarcoeny.8476

Everytime you win a game, the ratings rolls a number between 0.1 and 6. This number is then added to your rating + an additional number between 0.1-10 if their total rating exceeds your teams by 30.
When calculating the leaderboards it then subtracts 10 from your rating if you play ele, and multiplies your rating between a number from 0.1 to 40 each day. The sum is your rank on the leaderboard.

lol

URTFC.COM

BIG GW2 TOURNAMENT INC SPONSORED BY URTFC.COM

in PvP

Posted by: dasmurmeltier.8521

dasmurmeltier.8521

I know that it was stated in the pre-patch announcement that leaderboards could “take up to a week” to finally be visible. Tomorrow is the end of that week, and I’m just wondering if there is any time/timeframe we can expect to actually see the leaderboards?
To me, “up to a week” implies that a week is the latest point at which the leaderboards will be visible.

The chances of me actually getting a dev response are slim to none, though, because they’re working on the magical mystery box…

The answer is simple.
Soon.
Would be amazing if they would make the leaderboards visible today. But they screwed up so hard in the past, i dont really believe in stuff like that anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

The answer is simple.
Soon.
Would be amazing if they would make the leaderboards visible today. But they screwed up so hard in the past, i dont really believe in stuff like that anymore.

I personally think, that soon is too good of an answer, my guess is “When its ready”…

in PvP

ensoriki.5789

That is too specific I believe “Eventually”.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Davinci.8027

“Its down the road but it’s part of the plan
-Jsharp

in PvP

Posted by: Lazarast.6571

Lazarast.6571

Answer would exactly be: “soon, when it’s finished”.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

@Oni

That’s the problem.

This is irrelevant as the leader-board should be reset every few months anyway to keep things fresh. So whether they reset it now…I dont care. As long as there are regular resets so we can have “Season 1 top 10” etc then I am happy…..

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

@Oni

That’s the problem.

Im sorry but you cant afk from a game 1 or 2 months and complain because other teams are in a better position than yours and then blame the devs for it. They never said MMR would be reset on March, so it wasnt reset.

(no offense intended to you or your team, I just don’t understand your attitude. If your team can win every match I’m sure you can be on top of the ladder within 1 week )

Up Rerroll

(edited by Rerroll.9083)

in PvP

Posted by: Pekko.1573

Pekko.1573

where is the leadeboard going to be anyway? and why is it not here yet?

in PvP

Posted by: guza.6170

guza.6170

give them a break they are busy with PvE.

aka Subl

in PvP

Posted by: Clostridius.2415

Clostridius.2415

One week after patch and still no leaderboards…
OOOOh i forgot u designed the Adventure Box for PVE players. Very important!!!
Now i know why PVP players get nothing since 7 month.

in PvP

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

Official answer from Colin Johanson 1 week ago

The data won’t be changed for your character itself, we’re simply recording it to our live website starting today and we’ll need around a week or so to get everything stable on the website, prepare for the traffic load, and ensure the data is updating at the proper intervals. The stability is purely website and database related.
The PvP and achievement point leaderboards will initially show 100 players, and then we’ll expand them to show more once launched to ensure the sites stability one chunk at a time.

When I read this it was clear for me that it will take more time and they just mentioned it in the patch notes to reassure the angry pvp crowd and buy some time. Hey its still Arenanet

Edit: Haha Morph bleib geschmeidig ^^

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

where is the leadeboard going to be anyway? and why is it not here yet?

It can be accessed by talking to an npc located in the pve tutorial area after the completion of a jump puzzle and defeating a gold foe.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Posted by: Clostridius.2415

Clostridius.2415

Its not Arenanet! It is KARL!

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Leaderboards:

PvP – X players with the highest rank (glory thing, not MMR)
WvW – X players with the highest rank (new WvW rank grind thing)
PvE – X players with the highest number of achievement points

Oh well, at least they tried

in PvP

Posted by: mursie.3681

mursie.3681

lol, you think leaderboards actually exist.

listen lil buddy… there are things about santa clause and the easter bunny that you should probably know.

Anet Dev #1: “Omg, it’s the 26th of March and we have to release this patch! Please tell me we have something we can post up about new features being brought into pvp”

Anet Dev#2: “Uh, we have nothing new to release… deleting 8 team tournies from the menu list was all the resources we had.”

Anet Dev#1: “ARRRRHHHHHH… what are we gonna do? The community will kill us”

Anet Dev#2: “Well, I have an idea but its a stretch. See, we can actually tell the community that we have new features they have been wanting and we are releasing them on the 26th… but you just can’t SEE them. Because, you know, they are invisible”

Anet Dev#1: “Omg man, that is freaking genius. Of course, yes, we will tell them we are releasing cool new features they have been wanting…and that they are just INVISIBLE”

Anet Dev#2: “Well I said it was a stretch, you actually think they will buy this”

Anet Dev#1: “Rofl, are you kidding me? of course they will. Bunch of 15 year old mouth breathing bieber fans… I just can’t believe we didn’t think of this earlier”

(edited by mursie.3681)

in PvP

Rerroll.9083

lol, you think leaderboards actually exist.

listen lil buddy… there are things about santa clause and the easter bunny that you should probably know.

Anet Dev #1: “Omg, it’s the 26th of March and we have to release this patch! Please tell me we have something we can post up about new features being brought into pvp”

Anet Dev#2: “Uh, we have nothing new to release… deleting 8 team tournies from the menu list was all the resources we had.”

Anet Dev#1: “ARRRRHHHHHH… what are we gonna do? The community will kill us”

Anet Dev#2: “Well, I have an idea but its a stretch. See, we can actually tell the community that we have new features they have been wanting and we are releasing them on the 26th… but you just can’t SEE them. Because, you know, they are invisible”

Anet Dev#1: “Omg man, that is freaking genius. Of course, yes, we will tell them we are releasing cool new features they have been wanting…and that they are just INVISIBLE”

Anet Dev#2: “Well I said it was a stretch, you actually think they will buy this”

Anet Dev#1: “Rofl, are you kidding me? of course they will. Bunch of 15 year old mouth breathing bieber fans… I just can’t believe we didn’t think of this earlier”

lol

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Whatever they release don’t expect it to be meaningful in any way although if it is a glory earned leaderboard I am deleting this game my from my hard drive forever.

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

Whatever they release don’t expect it to be meaningful in any way although if it is a glory earned leaderboard I am deleting this game my from my hard drive forever.

It will be a leaderboard for achievement points earned in pvp.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

I bet you all didn’t know that Sharp is biting his hand right now, because he wants to jump in here and say it’s almost done…

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

I read in a post or two from a dev saying that the leaderboard is going on right now as I’m typing this and the data is always been calculated into it. It also said that it will be available very soon, though that’s irrelevant to my question.

How exactly is this leaderboard being calculated? By individual tournament score? Tournament wins? Win + score? ELO system? What is it? Curious to know.

That’s the beauty of this whole thing. Nobody knows yet people are waiting with baited breath for something that could be and probably will be something totally meaningless. We don’t even really know what there MMR system is they just say its based on x system. GW2 provides the least game data of just about any MMORPG ive ever played from there awful combat logs(worse then DAOCs combat logs in 2001 and gotta love having to look at a green number floating over my head to get how much I healed) to the kittenty end of match scoreboard.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

There is no leaderboard, it was just a lie to keep pvp players from realising this patch actually had nothing in it for them.

Besides it will only show the top 100 so it is pointless for 99% of the population. Pretty funny you cant even see your own rating NOT BECAUSE THEY CANT SHOW IT YOU BUT BECAUSE THEY THINK IT WONT MATTER TO YOU.

Hahaha this is so pathetic. Not showing your own rating stops all progression and is epic fail. They think we dont want to see our number (they said on the sotg before last) which just shows how out of touch they are.

fail.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

I have heard Soon and then I heard sOOn.
Pick your poison.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

One thing you need to understand is anet has teams that work on different stuff. The PvP team has nothing to do with Super Adventure Box, they never even typed one letter of coding in it.

Another thing is that the leaderboard will most likely update automatically after every win and loss you take. Just like the WvW thing, somebody killed your yak, points goto them right away, there is no have to wait a week to see whose the current best.

Another thing I would advise anet to do is look into people leaving tournament games so they there “win/loss ratios don’t look bad”. They need to change it so when your name is on that roster and game decide to do its countdown, if you got real life issues to attend and you go leave the game or whatever and screw your team of 4v5 game and your team loses YOU LOSE with them. heck they should show disconnects(people leaving game) as well, that way you take a double whammy 1 lose and 1 disconnect, if your team loses of course. You shouldn’t be queing up if you disconnect all the time in games anyways.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

in PvP

Posted by: Ovi.5473

Ovi.5473

So where’s this ladder? Do I need to beat the funbox to unlock it? Nice joke 100 gold wager its coming out past the estimated maximum time frame they established (one week).

~Rank 80 Ranger/Warrior/Necromancer~
Leader of “I Radioactive I” [dK]
Leader of “U R The Future Charity” [URTF]

in PvP

Posted by: DruidiN.2817

DruidiN.2817

Just wait bro.
We have 4 pages without a pvp dev post.
They are invisible now just to make leaderboards visible for us =)

in PvP

Posted by: mursie.3681

mursie.3681

Besides it will only show the top 100 so it is pointless for 99% of the population.

actually, if it captures the top 100 then 100% of the pvp population will get a rank… and I’d wager that leaves room still for about another 35 ppl to get ranked.

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

Besides it will only show the top 100 so it is pointless for 99% of the population.

actually, if it captures the top 100 then 100% of the pvp population will get a rank… and I’d wager that leaves room still for about another 35 ppl to get ranked.

Yeah your right, most of the casual or casual+ pvpers are at least rank 25 and higher now. And you don’t see that many anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

So where’s this ladder? Do I need to beat the funbox to unlock it? Nice joke 100 gold wager its coming out past the estimated maximum time frame they established (one week).

I heard that the april event was so popular that they have decided to work hard on giving it a leaderboard as a first priority.

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

“When it’s ready”

in PvP

Rerroll.9083

Omg they promised them 1 month ago. Then on 26th they said one week.

Waiting for the next excuse

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Zzyzx.8906

Zzyzx.8906

Don’t need no stinking leaderboards

Everyone knows Davinci is #1

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

leaderboard is here, guys, relax. it is just..
INVISIBLE.
LOL.

/shadowstep /shadowrefuge/laugh

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

“We encountered some technical issues so we will make leaderboard for PvP visible only in a couple of months, thanks for your understardings.
PS: we always read the forums and we know the game’s issues. Soon, very soon.

LOLOLOL."

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

“We encountered some technical issues so we will make leaderboard for PvP visible only in a couple of months, thanks for your understardings.
PS: we always read the forums and we know the game’s issues. Soon, very soon.

LOLOLOL."

I’d love to see where this is said. Based upon your grammar, it looks like you typed that yourself. :S

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.