Where we go after the 1 week trial

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

So, I have a question about what is to follow the trial. Clearly, as already seen by how fast paids be a poppin’, the 1v1 approach is the way to go. You have introduced a large number of players to paids that would normally not play it. There is barely any time between queue and pop.

Where I think we should go is here:

• 1 team v 1 team stays
  • Map is randomly chosen from the 4 maps
  • 1 ticket cost stays, rewards stay (edit: maybe copper chest for losing is a bit much at such a low cost)
  • Once per week there is a timed event for tournament style paids. Entry fee is 5 tickets and functions just like old paids did. Rewards will be similar to previous paid version.
  • Introduce matchmaking. This should be easily (or easier) accomplished with only 1v1. I imagine a matchmaking system trying to match 40 people of like skill is pretty difficult.

What are your thoughts?

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

(edited by felivear.1536)

in PvP

Posted by: WaffylesYay.9735

WaffylesYay.9735

Good ideas.

1v1 needs to stay and have its place. Maybe make that sorta what Random Arenas & Team Arenas were in GW1?

http://www.twitch.tv/waffylesyay/
Someone said this was GvG – Pug -
Rizen From The Ashes -Ra-

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Great thread. We’d love to hear some feedback from you guys. Just wanted you to know we’re watching the forums and looking for feedback!

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

in PvP

Posted by: Immo.9217

Immo.9217

Would love it like this with also a random arena availble as well with 5 randoms vs 5 randoms.

in PvP

Posted by: Kugron.5128

Kugron.5128

I second everything the OP said. Having a blast, this is a good change.

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

Jon, here let me help you fix your bad systems.

1v1 paid with ranking/match making
1v1 solo/duo queue with ranking/match making
hot join

tournament at end of week/month/year based on rank only

get rid of tickets and get rid of QP, with a proper ranking / match making system tickets and QP serve no purpose. (we know you want to make money off tickets, but just drop it already)

you’re welcome.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Sprawl.3891)

in PvP

Posted by: waka.9826

waka.9826

So, I have a question about what is to follow the trial. Clearly, as already seen by how fast paids be a poppin’, the 1v1 approach is the way to go. You have introduced a large number of players to paids that would normally not play it. There is barely any time between queue and pop.

Where I think we should go is here:

• 1 team v 1 team stays
  • Map is randomly chosen from the 4 maps
  • 1 ticket cost stays, rewards stay
  • Once per week there is a timed event for tournament style paids. Entry fee is 5 tickets and functions just like old paids did. Rewards will be similar to previous paid version.
  • Introduce matchmaking. This should be easily (or easier) accomplished with only 1v1. I imagine a matchmaking system trying to match 40 people of like skill is pretty difficult.

What are your thoughts?

That would be great, I say trash the 3 round system and just make that a weekly “big tournament” thing.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Imo:

Stick to the 1vs1 team rounds.

Add matchmaking/rating.

Winner stays in maybe? Dunno, something like that.

More rewards (mini’s, tonics, etc) in chests.

Glory distribution change to ‘learn’ the right mentality in hotjoin. Also reward bunkers, roamers and the like for their playstyle.

More tickets or gems? Repeatedly losing hurts your ticket supply.
I’d say gems as that way we have a way to get gold too.

Moar titles.

That’s it for now. Loving dem instant popz.

edit: Ye, that AT thing would be a great replacement. Trashing paid and free entirely and replacing with the current system wouldn’t be perfect. Instead having the current implementation and adding automated tournaments with bigger entry costs and rewards would satisfy a lot of people (i think).

Edit2: Loving the new map in tpvp. Though the sidepoints are pretty imbalanced.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

(edited by butch.8136)

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

My guild has never done paids before but tonight we did 2 and had fun. We lost but did alright. We would never of done them when they cost 3 tickets (let alone 5) but we are all happy to queue often now they are just 1 match and its just 1 ticket!

Please keep this change. It is amazing. We didnt wait more than 2 minutes for either queue to pop and this was at 3am local time in the EU!

Also this change made the free tournaments almost entirely solo queue (I did many and I almost always queue solo – usually I get stomped by a 50+ premade but this time I won 3 of them with a pug). Now these teams can do paids because they always pop and arent ridic expensive. WHich makes frees more fun

So this change has improved frees and paids 10000%. Please keep the change. The key is to have cheap paids that people are happy to pay. And then frees work and are fun. The whole knockdown effect is remarkably awesome.

I cant overstate how aweomse this change seems. It really really really helps PvP

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

felivear.1536

This may seem odd, but what are your thoughts on getting copper chests from losing 1v1? I think 1 ticket for 1 copper chest is pretty generous. In my opinion, I think you should get 0 reward for losing a paid in 1v1.

If you lose 1 ticket, that is easily recouped by winning 1 free. Just a thought.

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Add a rating system! Finish polishing this 5v5 not so fun conquest mode, and do the same with a new smaller scale pvp mode for random people like me and my friends!

in PvP

Posted by: Vpulse.2195

Vpulse.2195

Wow! just got late in home and reading this is amazing, cant w8 to Feb sPvP Updates!

Imo, make the actual “3 Round TPvP” just an event like ppl is saying… 1round Tpvp is the way to go, we just would need a better ranking/matchmaking system and ofc random map rotation, maybe a Solo Queue too.

in PvP

Posted by: Davinci.8027

Davinci.8027

I think that the current 1 v 1 is fine, but if they are going to keep it they should up the rewards to 2 QP and 20 gems including the current rewards.
I like the idea of having a weekly paid tourney, but what if there was one every day, at, say 8 pm EST? It would garner a great amount of attention. There would have to be some sort qualifying system though to stem out the lesser skilled teams.
Matchmaking is a definite must, and they should introduce some sort of MMO/ELO.

Add to that an observer mode as well as possibly a mentor mode, and the game is heading in the right direction.

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

yeah, this single match is so great. LOVE the no queue times <3, please keep it just single match (instead of 3) Jon!!! this is so much better!

Neglekt

in PvP

felivear.1536

I think that the current 1 v 1 is fine, but if they are going to keep it they should up the rewards to 2 QP and 20 gems including the current rewards.
I like the idea of having a weekly paid tourney, but what if there was one every day, at, say 8 pm EST? It would garner a great amount of attention. There would have to be some sort qualifying system though to stem out the lesser skilled teams.
Matchmaking is a definite must, and they should introduce some sort of MMO/ELO.

Add to that an observer mode as well as possibly a mentor mode, and the game is heading in the right direction.

Ya, I think QP coupled with win/loss ratio with a minimum games played should be an OK qualifier. I think the current system is a great way to get everyone involved in PvP while a tournament (the daily one you suggested sounds good) is a great way to then keep the super pvpers entertained. All in all though, this is the first step on the way to getting it right.

(edited by felivear.1536)

in PvP

felivear.1536

For Jonathan (if you’re still watching this thread): what are your thoughts on making the free tournament a solo/duo only option? If you were to keep paids as a 1v1 approach with daily, weekly, monthly tournaments, you could then change frees to solo/duo only. Just a thought, but I think 1v1 paids alleviates the biggest problems with paids and that’s the fact that they never popped. I’m sure the popularity will spike enough now to where frees may be somewhat neglected. Adding frees as solo/duo queue would keep them popping and also give the solo/duo player that piece of the pie they’ve been salivating over.

Thanks for your time, and I appreciate the changes today.

Edit, even up to 3 people queing together would be fine. That way:

• 3 friends queue
  • To fill the other 2 spots they either grab 2 solo queuers or 1 duo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Here’s the solution I came up with.

1v1 queue, winner stays, loser out.
A team can play up to four matches (taken it wins consecutively).
Randomly chosen maps.
Opponents are matched dynamically from teams that just joined or won a match already.

So basically such system enables an increase of reward – you get the reward based on how many matches you managed to play while retaining the traffic.

The only problem I can think of with ‘winner stays’ system is the entry cost/reward ratio.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: Walorx.5129

Walorx.5129

Excellent ideas! I +999999999999 these. This would definitely bring back many players to tpvp and pvp alike! Not to mention spark a new interest in players looking to get into the competitive scene

Vöz – “Stand in the red circles, they heal you”
YOUTUBE.COM/VOZTACTICS

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

For Jonathan (if you’re still watching this thread): what are your thoughts on making the free tournament a solo/duo only option? If you were to keep paids as a 1v1 approach with daily, weekly, monthly tournaments, you could then change frees to solo/duo only. Just a thought, but I think 1v1 paids alleviates the biggest problems with paids and that’s the fact that they never popped. I’m sure the popularity will spike enough now to where frees may be somewhat neglected. Adding frees as solo/duo queue would keep them popping and also give the solo/duo player that piece of the pie they’ve been salivating over.

Thanks for your time, and I appreciate the changes today.

Edit, even up to 3 people queing together would be fine. That way:

• 3 friends queue
  • To fill the other 2 spots they either grab 2 solo queuers or 1 duo queue.

I like it. Honestly, if the single match thing is as successful as it looks like it will be, free tourneys could become a solo/duo single match as well. That would make them an alternative to hotjoin, which everyone agrees is only good for the ultra-casual or glory farming. It would be awesome to log on for half an hour and play 2-3 fairly even solo queue matches.

I enjoy tournaments and it’s rewarding to get to the last map and try to carry your team of ~r15s against that 45-50 premade, but I’d be willing to give all that up to have random vs random!

in PvP

Posted by: Yezhik.2071

Yezhik.2071

This 1v1 is really fun, mostly because of the fast queue pops and no time to wind down, the action is always there.

I think it would be awesome if gems were introduced as a reward for 1v1 as well, maybe base 20 gem reward (up to 200, if you’re lucky. Just like the 120 base up to 1,000 in the 8 team tourny)

The OP’s suggestion of keeping 1v1 randoming between 4 maps is also great.
Once a week, 8-team tourny is a bit slow. The monthly pvp you can complete in 2hrs, which feels more like a weekly. So maybe, 2 times a week for the 8-team tourny.

Yezhik – Guardian
VexX
www.vexxgaming.com

in PvP

Posted by: SwickHobo.5096

SwickHobo.5096

1v1 needs to stay especially if/when you guys get a ladder going. The ques actually tick fairly quickly, they are cheap enough at one ticket that you don’t mind running with a few less then stellar friends, so it makes you sound like less of an elitest. The rewards can prolly use a small tweak, maybe adding something small like 10-20 gems to the winner as well as whats currently included will keep the players inticed enough to continue playing and trying to win.

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

less barriers to entry , means more popularity and success. So. honestly the quick reaction to the 3 ticket cost fix was very welcome.

in PvP

Posted by: alpaZiM.4568

alpaZiM.4568

Here’s what I think anet could do to help to spvp system.

Conquest Tournaments
Paid Tournaments (with winner and loser brackets, a pause mode, and spectator mode)

The tournies that give people prizes would be set up like this:
1 per season big tournaments (30 teams EU and NA) costing tickets but rewards a lot of gems, gold, and tickets to the top five teams
1 per month semi big tournaments (10 teams EU and\or NA) costing tickets but reward a good amount of gems to the top three teams
Weekly Paid Tourneys (8 teams EU or NA) costing tickets, rewarding the top three teams with a decent amount of gems and tickets
3 Daily Paids (5 teams EU or NA) costing tickets and rewards only the winning team with gems and tickets

Paid Ranked ladder
Which would basically be a ranked 1v1 match built upon on a very competitive, hardcore ladder (for instance, grand masters league in Starcraft 2). But since its 1v1 it would only cost one ticket. By it being a hardcore ladder it would only have a limited amount of teams, and teams can get kicked for not consistently winning.

Free Ranked Match (1v1 team solo/duo queue and premades)
Two separate ladders and ranking for those who only want to solo queue and for those who do premade group in a ladder system similar to without the hacker competitiveness of paids. Hopefully reducing the new player stomping mechanic for the lack of ladder in gw2 that so many people on the forum want added.

Hotjoin for Conquest and Other Game Modes
Should not be a part of a ladder but can still a part of the game and hopefully satisfy people who different game modes but feel that conquest in boring.

(edited by alpaZiM.4568)

in PvP

Posted by: S H A K U R AS.9536

S H A K U R AS.9536

I have to write sth about matchmaking:

First fight beetween rank vs rank is the most stupid idea i even hear, Im gonna explane why now:

First we have tP (team with guy on ~6 rank lvl, ele on 35 lvl etc) So who they got oponent on their lvl? OFC not. So its stupid to let them farm worst players and sec thing, sup with pple who spend whole life on farmin custom arenas, now they think they are pro, because they have r40-50 and they will farm for top teams, great idea let waste more pple in spvp, because after last troll update all pple gonna play again this game and they are not laugh from last update.

So how to create a good match making:

WINS/LOST should be main thing for ladder. So im winning Im getting better rank and face batter pple, my rank grow so oponent lvl will be higer to. So basicly team who is losing with rank even 60+ will face teams who are losing matches to. The same how it was in gw1.

I wrote about this month ago and dont make another stupid thing, like match making where the most important thing is rank!.

in PvP

Posted by: josh.7390

josh.7390

We’re getting closer to gw1 standards wich is nice… how about the following system?

Frees only solo/duo queing but no finished after 3 rounds. make it like RA in gw1! No tourny Roaster, every 3 won matches a ticket and some reward and after 9 won rounds 5 extra tickets an a better reward…

Paid 1v1 is the normal system like it is atm, but u can only enter with premades and without fees, the matchmaking (rating) will sort out bad fron good teams… (like normal gvg in gw1, you could also add some special rank reward once you reached a high rating [champ-rannge]) Make the Paid Tournies at 3times a day (so that there is one in the evening for every timezone) with bigger roasters. You only gef Qps from tournies an you need a number of qps for the monthly tourny…

—> just make the whole system like in kittening gw1 and it will be awesome!

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

I have to write sth about matchmaking:

First fight beetween rank vs rank is the most stupid idea i even hear, Im gonna explane why now:

First we have tP (team with guy on ~6 rank lvl, ele on 35 lvl etc) So who they got oponent on their lvl? OFC not. So its stupid to let them farm worst players and sec thing, sup with pple who spend whole life on farmin custom arenas, now they think they are pro, because they have r40-50 and they will farm for top teams, great idea let waste more pple in spvp, because after last troll update all pple gonna play again this game and they are not laugh from last update.

So how to create a good match making:

WINS/LOST should be main thing for ladder. So im winning Im getting better rank and face batter pple, my rank grow so oponent lvl will be higer to. So basicly team who is losing with rank even 60+ will face teams who are losing matches to. The same how it was in gw1.

I wrote about this month ago and dont make another stupid thing, like match making where the most important thing is rank!.

Agree, an easier way would be counting QP. But win/loose ratio is the most representing virtue that is available.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Rieselle.5079

Rieselle.5079

Over time, bad players playing bad players will have a 50% win ratio.
Good players playing good players will also have a 50% win ratio.

Win ratio is not really a good stat to base matchmaking on.

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Fact: Good teams will stay on a ratio over 50% wins, even when they fight good teams. And when they loose they will fall down from mabye 80% wins to 75%. If this keeps going till they reach lets say 70% where now the average teams come up from, they will sure win against the other 70% ration “average” team. So they move up again.

The problem you mabye have with, is that the ratio will start with low numbers where every win or loose will catapult you on top or smash you to the ground of the ladder. And with time when you reach 1000 games it will be harder to get up in this ratio.
So the only fix this system needs is that you make a pool of the latest 100 games you played. So when you play a match again, the oldest match will fall out of that statistic and this new match will take over the place. Short: Newest in pool and oldest out of pool.

Open for objections.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Kynoko.5982

Kynoko.5982

Solution is pretty much simple, take the Elo system League of Legends has, both team and solo/duo , and implement it to GW2, and everything just got fixed.

Do not know why u take things from so many things around, but u fail to implement such a simple system from the most successful MOBA game right now

in PvP

Posted by: tiko.9206

tiko.9206

Fact: Good teams will stay on a ratio over 50% wins, even when they fight good teams. And when they loose they will fall down from mabye 80% wins to 75%. If this keeps going till they reach lets say 70% where now the average teams come up from, they will sure win against the other 70% ration “average” team. So they move up again.

The problem you mabye have with, is that the ratio will start with low numbers where every win or loose will catapult you on top or smash you to the ground of the ladder. And with time when you reach 1000 games it will be harder to get up in this ratio.
So the only fix this system needs is that you make a pool of the latest 100 games you played. So when you play a match again, the oldest match will fall out of that statistic and this new match will take over the place. Short: Newest in pool and oldest out of pool.

Open for objections.

This. If u win a match u will get a higher rating depending on the rating of the team u just have beaten. Example (taken from GW1): In normal ladder matches the rating change was between 0-15 rating points. If u won against a team with a rating close to urs u got +7 rating, if u won against a team ways higher/lower ranked u got +12,13 or +3,4. So the win/lose ratio depends on the quality of the teams in different rating areas and how good u are compared to ur own rating. (GW1 best ladder system <3) In tourneys the maximum rating change was higher, but still depended on the opponent team rating, but there was a swiss style in tourneys what was ways better than the normal paid system atm..

I Am Elementalist – Ele for [CroW] – tPvP

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Winner stays in system both in paid and free (both 1vs1 teams).

Paid= Team queue
Free= Solo/duo queue

A paid win should give a little more then 1 ticket. Maybe 2 tickets or a ticket+some gems. This way people who don’t win that frequently still get some tickets overall from their wins. This way they aren’t forced to do solo/duo queue freez.

Give exponential rewards as in RA in gw1. Winner stays in and gets better reward on his next win (2qp+some more gems) and so on. Cap the max possible wins. (4 maps, so cap it at 4 rounds).

Matchmaking based on a rating. Second round should try to match you to other “equal rated teams on their second match”, if it doesn’t find any then it can try and match you too “first round equal rated teams”.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

S H A K U R AS.9536

Open for objections.

Idk, in gw1 I didnt see problem with many games, My guild (Husaria) always had many games and we didnt have with this problem. In gw1 was clear and nice ratting system:

Ladder where u got +7/-7 for fight vs oponent on ur lvl and u could get more point or less depence if u fight vs worst or better oponent for example:

Match 1:
Guild with rank 1220(winner) +7 vs 1231 (loser) -7
Match 2
1425 (loser) -14 vs 1111 (winner) +14
Match 3
1425 (winner) +4 vs 1111 (loser) -4

Its rly clear and easy.

Latter u have more important matches in daily at where u can make avelarge +14/-14 with same rules like on ladder.

Match 1:
Guild with rank 1220(winner) +14 vs 1231 (loser) -14
Match 2
1425 (loser) -25 vs 1111 (winner) +25
Match 3
1425 (winner) +7 vs 1111 (loser) -7

And last monthly, here u could get a lot of points but in the other hand u could lose it.
Avelarge +30/-30 (max it was +/- 50!)

Match 1:
Guild with rank 1220(winner) +30 vs 1231 (loser) -30
Match 2
1425 (loser) -50 vs 1111 (winner) +50
Match 3
1425 (winner) +16 vs 1111 (loser) -16

U can always reset ladder in 3-4 months. In my opinion its better idea than rank matchmaking.

Edit 1.

Lol system is better for solo/due que, gw1 system was better for teams/guild.

(edited by S H A K U R AS.9536)

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Thanks for the Edit Tiko. Appreciated it.
Though I didn’t want to mention GW1, because it’s the Paragon for this game, while this game will never be as the old one. You could say: Take everything from overlay such as ladder, point-system, rank-system etc.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

@Shakuras: I know your name and HSR. I was playing in c-ranked guilds too some years back. I appreciated pretty everything in GW1 pvp besides codex in the end. Sure I would pretty much taking everything from it to patch it to gw2, but i don’t think a-net will do this.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

S H A K U R AS.9536

@Shakuras: I know your name and HSR. I was playing in c-ranked guilds too some years back. I appreciated pretty everything in GW1 pvp besides codex in the end. Sure I would pretty much taking everything from it to patch it to gw2, but i don’t think a-net will do this.

Yes, but why making “rank” system if even before they make it all pple know its doesnt work. They shouldnt waste time for non working system and just copy and improve old working systems, where nobody complain for it!

in PvP

Posted by: Shay.7534

Shay.7534

1v1 system is good. But the rewards for winning are a little too low .
Paid Tournaments:
1) Rewards :
Add 15 gems for the winner! This needs to be added to give paid tournaments an actual importance and for teams to have a chance to gain something back. Qualifying Points have no importance and most teams don’t care about them. After 5 wins they will be able to buy another 5 tickets!
2) Random map out of the 4 : Legacy of Foefire, Forest of Nilfhel, Battle of Khylo and Temple of the Storms. Don’t even think about adding Raid of the Capricorn to it.

Free Tournaments:
1)Make it to 4 teams 2 maps system with randomness of the 4 maps available
2)Rewards:
Gold chest + 1 ticket for the winner
Silver chest for the losing team in the final
Copper chest for the losing teams on the first map
3) Make it solo/duo queue

Draw population in :
Add another requirement to Daily PVP – “Win a Tournament” – doesn’t matter if free or paid.
The reward of 1 Ticket and 1 Glory booster + 1 Laurel.
This will make some of the PVE/WWW population get in tPVP not just for porting to the major cities. Some of them maybe will actually enjoy it and make it a regular thing not just for the laurel.

Ladder and matchmaking are still of utter importance and they will just more value and enjoyment to the system.

P.S. I still can’t figure out how did you develop such a good system for WvWvW and it takes you more then 6 months to add one for tPVP!

(edited by Shay.7534)

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

Over time, bad players playing bad players will have a 50% win ratio.
Good players playing good players will also have a 50% win ratio.

Win ratio is not really a good stat to base matchmaking on.

when you have 50% win ratio the matchmaking is perfect because of that. win/lose is always the best chance .

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

It’s too late for it now… Well not for the ranking system you brought up, but for the general combat/modi system. Because the game will never make a death-match work as seen in HA and in the 7v7 GvG-maps (eg druids) BTW: The pvp-Team for GW2 is not the same one, as for GW1.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Med.6150

Med.6150

It should be clear to everyone (devs included), that the QP system can not be maintained. The sole idea of an inflationary currency defeats every economical logic. QPs are generated and never spent and even if at some point they are going to be spent, prices can not be adjusted for the currency that has already been released and the new earners, in order to be fair.

in PvP

Posted by: O S I A S.5460

O S I A S.5460

Well now I just made my thoughts on this here.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/I-for-one-am-having-fun/first#post1320783

In short
Make free’s solo random queus only
Make paids no longer paid but require a full team before entering 1Tv1T like GvG
Make both of the above have match making and ladder stats
Let QP’s and Daily / monthly tournies be worried about later just get this in now. That can come with obs and private servers and jazz later.

in PvP

Posted by: Reginmund.5263

Reginmund.5263

OP’s ideas are great. I would like to add that free tournaments should also go 1v1 with matchmaking with the winners stay similar to gw1. The reward system should be as follow:
Winning 1 match only: Free Tournament Copper Chest
Winning 2 matches consecutively: Free Tournament Silver Chest
Winning 3 matches consecutively: Free Tournament Gold Chest + 1 paid ticket
If a free tournament team is able to win perhaps 9 matches in a row? they are send to paid tournament queue.

In future official tournaments, I believe it would be interesting to have every matches from quarter finals and above to have a 3 round system per match where first team to get 2 wins advances to next round. In addition, The team that lost the 1st round can pick the map for 2nd round which gives them a way to comeback on their chosen map.

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

In my opinion, the entire 3 map tournament structure has to go (except for weekly/monthly/yearly tournament events)
Everything, frees and paids alike, should be 1 team vs 1 team (with the possibility for the teams to filter out one map, like it happens in RTS games)
I’m against splitting solo/duo queues from group queues tho, it should not be really necessary with a decent matchmaking system in place.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Posted by: jsu.4370

jsu.4370

My first post on the forums here; the new 1v1 paids system HAS to stay. Everything stated above from the OP I second. Please keep it this way.

The only thing I might add is to tier the winning teams higher up. So for example: If team A) wins 9 times in a row it will show at the start of the tourney and be paired up with the second highest consecutive winning team and so on and so on. Then some where in the world you can show the top team in paid tournaments at any given time!

This would be awesome incentive for top teams to battle it out to stay on top.

Jsu – joO Binder
http://www.twitch.tv/jsudesign/

in PvP

felivear.1536

My first post on the forums here; the new 1v1 paids system HAS to stay. Everything stated above from the OP I second. Please keep it this way.

The only thing I might add is to tier the winning teams higher up. So for example: If team A) wins 9 times in a row it will show at the start of the tourney and be paired up with the second highest consecutive winning team and so on and so on. Then some where in the world you can show the top team in paid tournaments at any given time!

This would be awesome incentive for top teams to battle it out to stay on top.

Love this idea. That would be cool to see “Team X is on a hotstreak” in The Mist (almost like a raid-warning text from ‘that other game’". Then later “Team X is on a RAMPAGE”. Then when a team beats them “C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker”.

Haha, that would add some pretty sweet drama and actually get the Mist pumped for matches they have nothing to do with.

in PvP

Posted by: Nomaq.3521

Nomaq.3521

Nice ideas, I like the winner stays idea. Also an idea for rewarding teams for being awesome could be something like, your team/guilds banner is displayed for everyone to see in the Mists for having the most consecutive wins. This would give teams an opportunity to become famous, like if I was standing around in the mists and saw a familiar banner I’d be like, “oh that team must be leet they’re holding the banner for most consecutive wins again”.

in PvP

Posted by: Masternewbz.4953

Masternewbz.4953

The problem was the high cost of tickets for paids and not a 1v1 mode for off peak times.

Anet should allow 3x types of paids.

1v1. ( for off peak times )
4 teams. ( for early afternoon )
8 teams. ( for night )

1v1 is fine as it is.
and put 2 tickets cost for 4 teams and 8 teams.

Then you will see more people tournying and giving more opportunities for the newer teams to practice vs more experienced teams without having to grind so many tickets.

in PvP

Nomaq.3521

I think most people would prefer the 1v1 format all the time. I know I would.

in PvP

Posted by: Hector.6950

Hector.6950

Keep up the good work Anet! I tried paid tourny’s today and I enjoyed it.
I really like the 1v1 system. Just add random maps and we’re good to go.

Ps. Heart of the mists was filled with people today It’s nice for a change

in PvP

Posted by: gab.7645

gab.7645

1 round matches are great. Keep them! Keep the low cost but rather tone down the rewards if you have to.

Avoid “winner stays”, as not knowing how long you’ll be playing can be a hindrance to us casuals with other obligations. Short and simple is great.

Add solo ladder, ranking and matchmaking based on the 1 round matches. Rating system as in gw1.

Add guild rating as in gw1, with ladder. Maybe make this for the three round tourney?

PS: best pvp update.

in PvP

Nomaq.3521

I second this, not a a fan of the ticket system either. I’m sure there are other ways to generate revenue from PvP.