Who can hardcounter bunker guard on point?

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

Just name one class that can SAFELY kill a bunker guard on point without losing it. Talking about same skill level. Because, you know, pretty much evey spec in the game has an hardcounter that is supposed to win a 1v1 on point while on the same skill level.

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Just name one class that can SAFELY kill a bunker guard on point without losing it. Talking about same skill level. Because, you know, pretty much evey spec in the game has an hardcounter that is supposed to win a 1v1 on point while on the same skill level.

Name one class that can be killed by a bunker guardian on point!

in PvP

Belial.9350

If a mesmer or thief tries to keep a point capped vs a bunker guard, he’ll either lose the point or eventually die. Possibly power ranger too, never fought one as bunker guard though.

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Thief.
-
But to answer the question of the OP. Mesmer can kill a bunker Guard on point safely without losing the point.

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

MM necro can always kill never die a bunker guard.

in PvP

Belial.9350

Thief.
-
But to answer the question of the OP. Mesmer can kill a bunker Guard on point safely without losing the point.

I can’t say I’ve ever died to a mesmer on point as bunker guard, unless I started with 0 cooldowns and 50% hp.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Thief.
-

I can’t say I’ve ever died to a mesmer on point as bunker guard, unless I started with 0 cooldowns and 50% hp.

If they bait your dodges, watch for your aegis and Moa/Burst you, then it’s GG for a bunker Guard.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Thief.
-

Your facing all morons then. You really shouldn’t want to be 1v1 on points for long anyway as a Guardian its a group support bunker.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Thief.
-

Your facing all morons then. You really shouldn’t want to be 1v1 on points for long anyway as a Guardian its a group support bunker.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Guardians aren’t true bunkers. They are more of a group support class.

in PvP

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Bunker, PU condi shatter mes. I do it, but …. it takes me a loooooong time. Vast majority of the time someone else shows up from eitehr team and swings the balance.

I can also deal with DD eles in similar fashion.

Bunker / lifesteal necros are dead heat. I cant bring them down below 60% before they heal to full, likewise, they cant bring me down below 60% then I heal to full. We jsut can’t kill each other.

I can also do it on my burn engi, but again its a long fight and my engi is not bunker, so when that 2nd person shows up am pretty much toast. But I have done it here and there. Mortar condis from max range, jsut enough to get him to pop CDs, then close in, then out again, and again. meanwhile since hes on point ankitten ot it keeps ticking in his favor.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

What guard is doing 1v1 bunker on point in this meta though? I was under the impression shout guard bunker is meant to be in group fights due to altruistic healing and aoe condi cleanses.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Bunker guard is meant to hold a point just long enough for reinforcements to come . They do this well. But its very difficult for them to kill anyone….but then again thats why its called bunker guard and not dps guard.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Anti.9156

Anti.9156

condi engi could kill a guard before the patch. idk how its after the patch. could still be able
mesmer can kill the guard (moa out of stealth)

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Well in realistic scenarios, 2 or 3 people can generally kill the bunker guard, since they shouldn’t be alone versus more than one enemy anyway…

1v1, Soldier Engi can generally get a decap versus them if played well, which is enough to softcounter their whole purpose in a 1v1. That being said that only lasts until rotations go out and change things.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Everyone, lol….
Bunker guard is just a meat shield, no real threat

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

By that logic, mesmer counters every class since it can moa out of stealth.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

Cele ddEle.

Because I’ve heard it’s OP.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: Anti.9156

Anti.9156

By that logic, mesmer counters every class since it can moa out of stealth.

except for thiefs or other mes bc they can stealth aswell

but back on topic:
I played some 1v1 against decent mesmers. if they play sword+torch and GS its really hard for them to kill you. if the guard doesnt kitten up or gets outplayed he should survive forever (tested against mantra pre nerf. i dont know how it will go with PU. stealth time is much longer which makes it ez for them to hit mirror blade out of stealth (with normal stealth duration you just time your dodge shortly before stealth runs out).
If the mesmer runs Staff+ GS on the other hand i think he will win in an even skilled matchup

(edited by Anti.9156)

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

As someone who has been playing mace/focus staff mid support sentinal guard, there is nothing that can SAFELY 1v1 me.

But there is also nothing happening in the fight, it’s a stalemate until either an ally or enemy comes along. I normally que with 2 thieves, once they arrive to help I give them quickness followed up by 15 might + stab + regen + protection and watch them heartseeker people to death.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Surprisingly, power necro seems to not only lose point, but also pretty close to dying

Cele signet however ive beat them reliable in reasonable time.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Well there are those mentioned above but the thing I would say counters guardian (and ele) most is necro.

If they are going curses and spite they have quite a bit of burst & can convert all those boons into conditions if using signets (and their traits)

I would suggest it with staff and whatever + dagger so that you are pretty much able to transfer every condition you or your allies get hit with back onto enemies.

For the secondary main hand you can go dagger for the large burst and immobilize, or if your feeling adventurous you can try axe for a bit more range and even more boon corruption.

The other obvious hard counter is cele DD ele. They are just as survivable, have more damage, more CC, more mobility and more ally healing.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Condi aids ranger will absolutely melt a bunker guard.

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Mesmers have always been the hard-counter to bunker guardian.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I’m trying to understand the purpose of this thread.

Why would you 1v1 a punching bag that’s build around keeping a point?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Anything condi heavy will eventually take down a bunker guard. Guard does have the most condi clears available (can have up to 16 clears, 15 of which are group clears). However, even if you’re managing your CDs right you’ll still eventually get overwhelmed.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Before the patch a celestial engineer could kill a bunker guardian, but it took 2-5 minutes if the bunker guardian was really good. In other words reinforcements had enough time to come to help the guardian.

After the Jun 23 patch celestial engineer is significantly weaker for multiple reasons: incendiary powder moved to firearms tree, lack of condition duration, weaker dmg from bleeds, broken trait synergy, general power creep, grenade kit nerfs etc. Previously grenade kit was good for both condition, hybrid/celestial and power. Now it is optimal only for the latter.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in PvP

Belial.9350

Same logic may be applied to this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Who-can-hardcounter-eles-1v1-on-point/first#post5342188

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

condi engi could kill a guard before the patch. idk how its after the patch. could still be able

with my condi engi I kill the guard without using my heal once. But it takes long to kill him.

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

I’ve had pretty good success with Celestial Signet Necromancer.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

i can see where OP trying to go with his qq…

Pretty much anything with heavy condi pressure can safely kill a bunker guard 1v1, and even if you can’t kill him you will never lose the point anyway if guard is dumb enough to go 1v1 on YOUR point (You can sit on it with a thief doing absolutely nothing and he’s never gonna decap it or kill you, just wasting his time)

That’s the difference between a bunker (Tanky with miserable dmg) and OP stuff like cele d/d that can survive as much as a guardian (Or even more) but can still kill almost anything 1v1 while also being more mobile

Nice try tho…but you probably need some basic pvp knowledge before comparing celestial eles to bunker guards lmao

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Same logic may be applied to this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Who-can-hardcounter-eles-1v1-on-point/first#post5342188

The difference is that the cele can actually kill you.

in PvP

Posted by: Nier.8741

Nier.8741

Decap/out-rotate it

in PvP

Posted by: LunacyPolish.4602

LunacyPolish.4602

I have beaten a bunker guard on any number of engineer builds. I mean I don’t always win but it’s never struck me as a particularly difficult build to fight. It’s balanced.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Belial.9350

The difference is that the cele can actually kill you.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Necros, both MM and Signet builds.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Posted by: JaeleCt.3967

JaeleCt.3967

isnt this the guy who asked this same question about d/d ele a few days ago?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

isnt this the guy who asked this same question about d/d ele a few days ago?

nope, about d/d was me and that was pretty legit compared to this one…but maybe op plays ele and he’s just tryharding to prove his main is not totally broken

failing miserably ofc

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)