Why 2 Thief Teams Fail-Lose ALL THE TIME?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

If they having problem with Deathblossom and his capabilities of stacking Bleeding specially in Teamfights(spoon feed!), Not Entitled and need more Effort so lets resort to Playerskill issue.

You really don’t get it. POWER thieves have no interest in stacking BLEEDS. The weaponset is just average at both right now.

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

If they having problem with Deathblossom and his capabilities of stacking Bleeding specially in Teamfights(spoon feed!), Not Entitled and need more Effort so lets resort to Playerskill issue.

You really don’t get it. POWER thieves have no interest in stacking BLEEDS. The weaponset is just average at both right now.

Oh yes I almost forget you, here let me Enlightened you. (SPOON FEED)

As I stated it works perfect in teamfight scenario which favor conquest, technically you must have a Condition user as an ally which will be the one who must execute the stacking first and you’ll going to help him stack more bleeds(that’s were Deathblossom come in, a followup skill), yes you are Power build but the damage mitigation will be on your Condition ally. Wuvwuv people call it Synergies, pvp people that smash button brainlessly and can defeat their opponents in 1v1 scenario called it Skill.
Pretty much I did played the wrong game.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

(edited by Chapell.1346)

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

Are we talking tournament wise or just for ranked/unranked matches? When i run a premade with some guild friends we run 2 thieves. We run 3 bunkers with 2 thieves.

We do a MM necro, Staff ele, and a d/d ele and when we are team speak it goes pretty smoothly against pugs. When we face other premades the matches are obviously much closer but once again this all comes down to skill level.

Thief is probably the hardest class to be good at in this game. With that you have to know there either gonna be great help or be the weak link. You can say the same thing about rangers atm as well.

Do you play with 1 d/d thief ?

in PvP

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

As I stated it works perfect in teamfight scenario which favor conquest, technically you must have a Condition user as an ally which will be the one who must execute the stacking first and you’ll going to help him stack more bleeds(that’s were Deathblossom come in, a followup skill), yes you are Power build but the damage mitigation will be on your Condition ally. Wuvwuv people call it Synergies, pvp people that smash button brainlessly and can defeat their opponents in 1v1 scenario called it Skill.

Alternatively, you could use D/P, cover your condi-ally’s condition with blind and interrupt their condi cleanse with Pistol #4. You’d have better offense and better defense.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

You just need good Thieves!

http://i.imgur.com/tfncezV.png

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

because 95% of the thieves in this game are bad at conquest.
bam!

no but seriously, because in soloq and teamq, people run builds like condi mes, mm necro and stuff that kills thief a lot, but these builds aren’t actually played in tournament i believe.

(edited by lighter.2708)

in PvP

Chapell.1346

Alternatively, you could use D/P, cover your condi-ally’s condition with blind and interrupt their condi cleanse with Pistol #4. You’d have better offense and better defense.

Fair enough, a good trade off against D/d and lets not forget there must be one training wheel for each class profession or else the ship will sink.

[Urge]

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Fair enough, a good trade off against D/d and lets not forget there must be one training wheel for each class profession or else the ship will sink.

The closest we’ll come to you admitting that you are wrong. haha

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

The problem is not the class itself, but the skill level of the people who play it. If it’s soloq, then two thieves are not a problem if they know what they’re doing. I’ve had many games when I had two thieves and we won easily.

Thief is an attractive class for people, but it definitely takes more time and experience to master compared to specs you can just be sort of effective with the moment you start playing the game. But yeah, class stacking is bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

The problem is not the class itself, but the skill level of the people who play it. If it’s soloq, then two thieves are not a problem if they know what they’re doing. I’ve had many games when I had two thieves and we won easily.

Thief is an attractive class for people, but it definitely takes more time and experience to master compared to specs you can just be sort of effective with the moment you start playing the game. But yeah, class stacking is bad.

While i do agree class is not exactly easiest to play, there is something wrong. namely:

if 95% of thieves are bad, how come that 95% of engis or eles are not bad? Maybe it has something to do with class after all?

Class stacking isn’t bad. We all saw 4 ele 1 thief beating TCG last week.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

While i do agree class is not exactly easiest to play, there is something wrong. namely:

if 95% of thieves are bad, how come that 95% of engis or eles are not bad? Maybe it has something to do with class after all?

thief is pretty much like shatter mes…to play it at high levels you MUST be good otherwise you just gonna be a rallybot while on the other side condi/bunker specs are way more forgiving allowing for an immensely lower skillfloor needed in order to be effective. It’s the same difference between marauder gs/hammer war and shout…shout takes half skill and it’s two times more effective (Conquest wise ofc) than gs, dps specs had always been way less forgiving than bunkers and now with cele d/d being totally broken this fact had been pushed to the limit

And i think we got to this point cause anet wants to give bads moar ways to be effective instead of making them l2p…cause rerolling bunker cheese is way faster than learning how to play an hard spec and this makes pve heroes happy and since anet only cares bout pve…well you got it

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Chapell.1346

The closest we’ll come to you admitting that you are wrong. haha

Haha, I am all for sharing knowledge to those people who play pvp exclusively

Attachments:

[Urge]

in PvP

Posted by: Nitron.6405

Nitron.6405

My friend and I play 2x thief all the time. Since we’re on Skype we’re able time our attacks and stealths etc. I think if the 2 thieves on a team are able to communicate, it can lead to some good plays. If not it usually ends in failure. An example would be one thief attacking while downed, while the other one puts a SR on them. Without the communication the downed thief will just keep attacking and miss out on the stealth.

EDIT:
We’ve both been playing thief since launch, so we’ve got plenty of experience, which is an important part of the class.

(edited by Nitron.6405)

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

My friend and I play 2x thief all the time. Since we’re on Skype we’re able time our attacks and stealths etc. I think if the 2 thieves on a team are able to communicate, it can lead to some good plays. If not it usually ends in failure. An example would be one thief attacking while downed, while the other one puts a SR on them. Without the communication the downed thief will just keep attacking and miss out on the stealth.

EDIT:
We’ve both been playing thief since launch, so we’ve got plenty of experience, which is an important part of the class.

2 skilled D/D cele eles will outsustain you and spam you with condis and aoe before you can say stealth. Bullkitten detected.

Well placed mesmer shatter can take out a thief instantly. What’s your MMR, do you even play vs high ranked people?

Also, cleaving 2 thieves in SR is the easiest thing to do, since thieves are squishy, you don’t need to land many hits. Even if they make the res, one of them will be super low. Easy to take out afterwards.

I’ve been doing 2 thief comps for awhile. It’s not as easy as you describe it. Most people at high ranks are not kittens. An engi will instantly nade spam your shelter, forcing you to die there or retreat.

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

The difference is the role they fill. You don’t need 4 high-speed decappers and spikers, because then your whole team can get shut out easy by stiff breezes, unlike Bruiser builds which are a bit slower killing but can stand on a point, but they are much more easily danced around and decapped. Best teams consist of several fighters who can slow down the pace of the game and ward of decappers while having 1 really good decapper to take advantage of every mis-step the enemy takes, then utilize their spiking role to make drawn out team fights easier by spiking one person and triggering a snowball effect.

That’s like saying, in WoW, if healers are SO mandatory, why not run with 10 in a BG or 3 in a 3v3. You can have too much of a good thing, any more than what’s necessary just slows down progress, but that doesn’t make their role useless… Similarly, you can’t buff them to high heaven on damage too while keeping their unique purpose in role (in terms of healers) or you just delete the point of EVERYTHING else. Thief are the same way. If they could do the spike dmg they do, AND stand toe-to-toe, AND outpace everyone and dance around caps, why would you ever take anything else?

If you don’t like the role, don’t play it. It’s a simple concept. But you have to be willing to give up something in order to change your role, you can’t always just have more. Hopefully Daredevil will allow those thieves who don’t want to be pigeon holed into one role to sacrifice some of those benefits, whether it be mobility, stealth utility/stomp/rezz potency, or spike damage to be a bit stronger on point. We’ll just have to see.

TL;DR, Thief is amazing at one role, but the role doesn’t need to be duplicated. You can’t have it all, hopefully Daredevil provides a new role while making necessary sacrifices.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

Odds are generally against you but if you decap lots and avoid large team fights, you can win. It also helps if the thieves do what theyre supposed to. I heart good thieves.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Wassup with the angry DD thieves?

DD is pretty much worthless in PvP. Sure you can do well if you do your job, but you can do it much better with the other weapon sets.